Trucker's Convoy

West

8 hours ago, myata said:

And what? Things will fix themselves as they always do? Sanity will come back? Entitled rulers will become transparent and responsible, and competent too, democratic leaders?

No but you might find a little peace.

It always happens by itself, no effort or thought needed, just go fishing come back et voila total perfection or very near, right?

No, it'll only happen if enough people work at finding or making peace with themselves. 

Have I described your (dream) world accurately enough?

You've done more to describe the nightmare you're having actually.  FWIW I learned the hard way that killing things for a living when your head is in a dark hopeless place is not good for your soul. I suspect thinking ill towards others amounts to the same thing.

40 minutes ago, West said:

One thing about these protests is I've seen quite a few first generation immigrants from places like Poland. They know first hand what it's like to live under tyranny and have been sounding the alarm about Comrade Trudeau for a few years now. 

FLe7QjrXEAkJYN4.jpeg.jpg

If it was China they would have beaten you up and then taken you to jail and tortured you there and then would have executed you and then would have tortured your dead body.

and in a more real tyranny like an islamic republic after doing all above, then they would have displayed your dead tortured body in public streets hanging from a tree to scare off the public with an armed to teeth thug guarding your dead tortured body to shot anyone wanting to cry for you.

In Canada , they make vaccine mandate as election platform. The nation votes on that platform and if they choose to elect the government based on prior announced platform then the elected government implement that platform into law. And give you the right to protest it freely as shown above without any consequences. Above picture is democracy in action. However, if you break the law, occupy the Capital illegally, try to bully those who disagree with you, blockade vital roads and put hundreds of thousands out of work for selfish reasons or because you think you are entitled and disrupt law and order then it is up to law enforcement to protect the majority against saboteurs like you funded by foreign saboteurs.

There is a clear distinction between Canada and China as demonstrated above, I would say. But if you are not happy then GO BACK TO CHINA.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

7 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

If it was China they would have beaten you up and then taken you to jail and tortured you there and then would have executed you and then would have tortured your dead body.

and in a more real tyranny like an islamic republic after doing all above, then they would have displayed your dead tortured body in public streets hanging from a tree to scare off the public with an armed to teeth thug guarding your dead tortured body to shot anyone wanting to cry for you.

In Canada , they make vaccine mandate as election platform. The nation votes on that platform and if they choose to elect the government based on prior announced platform then the elected government implement that platform into law. And give you the right to protest it freely as shown above without any consequences. Above picture is democracy in action. However, if you break the law, occupy the Capital illegally, try to bully those who disagree with you, blockade vital roads and put hundreds of thousands out of work for selfish reasons or because you think you are entitled and disrupt law and order then it is up to law enforcement to protect the majority against saboteurs like you funded by foreign saboteurs.

There is a clear distinction between Canada and China as demonstrated above, I would say. But if you are not happy then GO BACK TO CHINA.

In Germany they voted on Hitlers platform too. What's your point? We have enough lunatics in this country who believe your job should hinge on a vaccine or a group of people's very existence is an item that is decided by the masses? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You keep on calling anyone who disagrees with you a fascist. You and you kind are the only fascists here. Entitled, feeling free to break the law and order, bully and harass and insult anyone who disagrees with you without proper reasoning or ability to debate.

No, I keep calling those that support Trudeau a fascist. Get it right.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I suspect thinking ill towards others amounts to the same thing.

I would agree with that. Now thinking towards others as "misogynists", "racists" and "extremists" if not "terrorists", others that do not deserve an answer or even as much as noticing, would amount to what thing? I'm sure Papa Mao and Our Dear Farther Stalin could tell many good soul-warming stories. You may want to check out (but please don't share with me).

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

A bit nicer in Ottawa weather-wise. Another big day of festivities. Many residents expected to show. Counter protesters had a poor turnout yesterday. See if they can muster any support for Dear Leader.

I still think it's a 50-50 chance he'll resign this week...or soon if he's still dug-in. It would solve many problems both for the Democrats in the US and Liberals in Canada. He will be under much pressure to take that long walk in the snow.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, West said:

In Germany they voted on Hitlers platform too. What's your point? We have enough lunatics in this country who believe your job should hinge on a vaccine or a group of people's very existence is an item that is decided by the masses? 

Hitler's platform was not to execute 6 million Jews, Invade neighbors and cause a world war in which 50 million died and Germany was destroyed. Vaccine mandate was clearly an election platform and the nation voted for a government with that platform and the elected government implemented what they promised not something they hided during the election.

No the majority of people in Canada are lunatics as per your post. You and your kind who break the laws, harass and intimidate neighbors, blockade illegally vital roads, put people out of work are the only sane ones!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Hitler's platform was not to execute 6 million Jews, Invade neighbors and cause a world war in which 50 million died and Germany was destroyed. Vaccine mandate was clearly an election platform and the nation voted for a government with that platform and the elected government implemented what they promised not something they hided during the election.

No the majority of people in Canada are lunatics as per your post. You and your kind who break the laws, harass and intimidate neighbors, blockade illegally vital roads, put people out of work are the only sane ones!!!!!!

Hitler's platform indeed targeted the Jews, Whoopi.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/nazi-party-platform

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Well Scott Moe never mentioned anything about masks or vaccine ID either before the last election. 

So you are saying that if enough people believe that the Chinese are a threat to society and should be forced to make our railways that's OK because enough people voted for it?

27 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You and your kind who break the laws, harass and intimidate neighbors, blockade illegally vital roads, put people out of work are the only sane ones!!!!!!

Actually it is YOU and people like YOU, that put many out of work.  And this is why we have the protests.

You can not have a mandatory vaccination, where if the individual does not comply, they are left with no work and no other means of support.

Nobody voted for this monstrocity of a system.

As for election promises; is it not more important Trudeau plants those millions of trees he promised?

Send the little moron our planting trees, instead of destroying the nation!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Hitler's platform indeed targeted the Jews, Whoopi.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/nazi-party-platform

Jews were excluded on the platform not as carried out later exterminated. 

The liberal party of Canada said it clearly they will be mandating vaccines and made it mandatory for Public Service before election day and they were elected. No one had to be fired. Get the vaccine or provide reasons as why you can't. It is not like discrimination by race that the born person cannot change. It is not the same.

47 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Stop worrying about Hitlers Germany. The war is over. It left us over 76 years ago. But we are having our own Germany or Stalinist Russia happening right here in Canada today. 

I was watching the police begin their communist tactics of removing all of the peaceful demonstrators at the Ambassador Bridge in Ontario yesterday. Believe it or not they had cops all dressed out in para-military combat gear like they were ready for a war if the peaceful demonstrators tried anything. 

Only in communist countries is where one would see cops in combat gear. This is the Canada that you appear to enjoy watching. It looks to me like our Marxist political leaders are trying very hard to hang on to their power and control over we the peasants. These Marxist will never give up on their efforts in trying to keep Canada a Marxist country. My belief. ?

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

Only in communist countries is where one would see cops in combat gear. 

No, either a lie or ignorance. In any country, including Western democracy when riot police shows up they are dressed ready for combat, in many cases having guns and tear gas ready like in France 2 days ago they used tear gas against the crowd of French protesters. They fired tear gas into the crowd and arrested some. We haven't seen these scenes in Canada because most of Canadians are peaceful. Well as I said most are but always a fringe minority who felt free to break the law, occupy the Capital, harass the residents, block vital roads trying to abuse the peaceful democracy we have enjoyed in Canada for decades. And they are being dealt with.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

50 minutes ago, cougar said:

Actually it is YOU and people like YOU, that put many out of work.  And this is why we have the protests.

You can not have a mandatory vaccination, where if the individual does not comply, they are left with no work and no other means of support.

Nobody voted for this monstrocity of a system.

As for election promises; is it not more important Trudeau plants those millions of trees he promised?

Send the little moron our planting trees, instead of destroying the nation!

Castro Trudeau should be arrested and charged with crimes against humanity and we can give the Marxist the choice of either going to jail forever or go live in China. I would hope that he would take the latter. I do not want to have to spend any more of my tax dollars feeding and housing that pos forever.  ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

.... We haven't seen these scenes in Canada because most of Canadians are peaceful. Well as I said most are but always a fringe minority who felt free to break the law, occupy the Capital, harass the residents, block vital roads trying to abuse the peaceful democracy we have enjoyed in Canada for decades. And they are being dealt with.

Actually, protests and transportation blockades are very Canadian, and have been used in the recent past for economic, environmental, and First Nations causes.   The current protests remain peaceful for the most part.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Actually, protests and transportation blockades are very Canadian 

This one is remarkable, though, in that it was initiated and planned by Western Separatists with the goal of making the PM - elected by the east, in effect - to step down.  In the end, the PM will stay put but maybe this will be good for national unity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This one is remarkable, though, in that it was initiated and planned by Western Separatists with the goal of making the PM - elected by the east, in effect - to step down.  In the end, the PM will stay put but maybe this will be good for national unity.

Certainly a better execution of organized, non-violent protest than seen in many other nations, including the USA.   The current protester strategy has been effective because it is non-violent and appeals to a large minority of Canadians weary of Covid restrictions as well.

The economic impact is supposed to be very painful...to prompt change.   It is a methodic, more peaceful approach than maybe looting and burning down cities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1. Certainly a better execution of organized, non-violent protest than seen in many other nations, including the USA.  

2. The current protester strategy has been effective because it is non-violent and appeals to a large minority of Canadians weary of Covid restrictions as well.

3. The economic impact is supposed to be very painful...to prompt change.   It is a methodic, more peaceful approach than maybe looting and burning down cities.

1. 2. On behalf of my Canadian brothers, sisters and cohorts outside the binary we thank you for this rare compliment.

3. Well, it's not well designed to achieving the goal ultimately.  It reminds me of the Occupy movement.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. 2. On behalf of my Canadian brothers, sisters and cohorts outside the binary we thank you for this rare compliment.

3. Well, it's not well designed to achieving the goal ultimately.  It reminds me of the Occupy movement.

1.  Not so rare...I am always aroused by excellence...and Canada has its moments as well, which I respect.

2. Better designed for scale and impact for the Canadian economic and political context.   Down here we just shoot leaders.

The thing I don't understand is why government levels did not have a better plan/contingency to protect what is arguably the most important transportation link(s) in the country.   Wasn't somebody smart enough to point out this vulnerability years ago and plan for what to do ?

• Haha 1