Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

The poll shows good support for this cause among different groups of Canadians. See headline.

Canadians from all walks of life and all ages, not just white supremacists, as the Prime Turd wants people to believe. You liberals can spin lies about who they are all you want, if it makes you sleep better. I don't give shit. It is what it is.

I'm just waiting for keystone cops to move in and do their thing... will look so good on Canada's government.

Yes there are differences in age groups but 54% of the total say go home. Read the effing thing.

When opinion of a significant part of the society on a critical issue is dismissed out of hand and those sharing it are branded, this is fascism in essence. Sure there are different shades and flavors and sure Hitler's fascism was supported by a majority. That changes nothing in the essence. It's here.

48 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What low level of support, Can you give a cite? 

I'm in sympathy with them, but I don't support their actions.  Your poll is misleading.

Here's one...

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/02/12/two-thirds-of-canadians-support-military-force-to-end-ottawa-protests-poll/

20 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Maybe you'd like to join the fight, get told you'lll face $100k in fines and 1 year in jail. Lose your rights to travel to the USA, and a criminal record.

That is what you call exceedingly visceral and overly punitive measures.

I'll be concerned when they're hosing blood and viscera off the tank treads.

Let's hope it really backfires right in old PM Blackface's face.

AFAIC that cigar blew up way back when he told Canadians to celebrate their last FPTP election.

Edited by eyeball

So it's here. The only question that remains is what we do about it. All but one options end in fascism. And if we dismiss critical thinking and accountable government for any reasons, in any state and under any threat real or otherwise, no good options remain. There's nothing new to be proven here. All already happened.

30 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yeah, well the truckers and allies don't have machineguns and armored cars while the police/army do. Might be the reason...

Hence my response to myata.

You have no one to blame but yourselves for having merely warned us for decades about the commie fascist Nazi's under our beds. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It was not peaceful. They were hurting fellow Canadians. Hundreds of thousands of their fellow Canadians lost their jobs as a result of just one week blockade. A peaceful protest is to gather somewhere for a limited time, say what they wish to say and then LEAVE. This was not peaceful by any measure.

Nonsense. We had a guy by the name of Tristan Durocher travel 600km on foot, pitch a teepee and bring attention to suicides in the north. 

What did our politicians do? Same thing they are doing now. Filing an injunction to have him removed from his Parliment building and called him all sorts of names. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cougar said:

When Police are around threatening arrests and intimidating the protesters , I no longer consider it peaceful.

If people have the right to protest, they cannot be threatened, harassed , defunded, intimidated with the power of authority and so on.

I guess you consider France a more democratic country where they attack protesters with tear gas?

As the Canadian government continues to maintain vax passports and other creepy pandemic tools that have caused understandable revolt, Britain has moved on.  I guess Trudeau wants to keep an iron curtain around Canada so we don’t know what we’re missing.

https://apple.news/AX1DW8uDAQXCh877WHicQ7w

Edited by Zeitgeist

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

As the Canadian government continues to maintain vax passports and other creepy pandemic tool that have caused understandable revolt, Britain has moved on.  I guess Trudeau wants to keep an iron curtain around Canada so we don’t know what we’re missing.

https://apple.news/AX1DW8uDAQXCh877WHicQ7w

From the article you posted.

Britain’s defences have been bolstered by boosters. A perk of being one of the first nations to double-jab its residents is that we had many people eligible for a third. So far, 91 per cent of over-60s have had a third dose, one of the highest rates in the world.

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m pro-vax and have been so consistently.

I’m anti-vaccine mandate.

You point to countries with really high vaccination rates as ones to follow then you support people trying to blockade the country because they don't want to get vaccinated. You don't know what you want.

Vaccine passports are unconstitutional.

Prove it.

Edited by Aristides

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You point to countries with really high vaccination rates as ones to follow then you support people trying to blockade the country because they don't want to get vaccinated. You don't know what you want.

You don’t read.  I’m triple-vaccinated and strongly oppose vaccine mandates. To think that in a country like Canada, which has more fully-vaccinated people than Britain, we’re maintaining these mandates, is disturbing.  You don’t value our Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is there to ensure that citizens’ rights aren’t removed. There’s no good reason for continuing to suspend those rights.  Trudeau has taken an unconstitutional position. I’ve already explained this.  Moving on.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You don’t read.  I’m triple-vaccinated and strongly oppose vaccine mandates. To think that in a country like Canada, which has more fully-vaccinated people than Britain, we’re maintaining these mandates, is disturbing.  You don’t value our Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is there to ensure that citizens’ rights aren’t removed. There’s no good reason for continuing to suspend those rights.  Trudeau has taken an unconstitutional position. I’ve already explained this.  Moving on.  

Prove Charter rights have been removed. Just saying it doesn't make it so. If everyone was vaccinated there would be no need for mandates or passports.

If it wasn't for the idiot antivax movement, they may have never been necessary. You go on about anti vaxxers pushing back against authority, well sometimes authority has to push back against stupidity.

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Prove Charter rights have been removed. Just saying it doesn't make it so. If everyone was vaccinated there would be no need for mandates or passports.

If it wasn't for the idiot antivax movement, they may have never been necessary. You go on about anti vaxxers pushing back against authority, well sometimes authority has to push back against stupidity.

You’re a fascist.  No one should have to get vaccinated to be able to go to a restaurant, travel by train or plane between provinces, get back into their own country, or be employed.  It’s anti-freedom, unconstitutional, against basic human rights, and certainly evil if you believe in God.  We’re free before we’re vaccinated, not afterwards. You shouldn’t be barred from travel because you didn’t download an app.  So what, if you’re elderly and can’t work a cell phone or poor and don’t have one, sucks to be you?  If you have a big family and modest income the costs of testing are outrageous and if you test positive you can lose your job.  Creepy fascist policies.  Our government oppresses its own people.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re a fascist.  No one should have to get vaccinated to be able to go to a restaurant, travel by train or plane between provinces, get back into their own country, or be employed.  It’s anti-freedom, unconstitutional, against basic human rights, and certainly evil if you believe in God.  We’re free before we’re vaccinated, not afterwards.  You shouldn’t be barred from travel because you didn’t download an app.  So what, if you’re elderly and can’t work a cell phone or poor and don’t have one, sucks to be you?  Creepy fascist policies.  

You had to do a lot of things differently to travel and do other things after 9/11. Shit happens.

Edited by Aristides

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You had to do a lot of things differently to travel and do other things after 9/11. Shit happens.

Don’t even try to defend these totalitarian policies.  We’ve already debated them upteen times.  Just admit that you put safety purity and total compliance with a government-mandated health program above all other considerations. I honestly think you’d be happier in China. You’re a zero tolerance kind of guy.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

You’re a fascist.  No one should have to get vaccinated to be able to go to a restaurant, travel by train or plane between provinces, get back into their own country, or be employed.  It’s anti-freedom, unconstitutional, against basic human rights, and certainly evil if you believe in God.  We’re free before we’re vaccinated, not afterwards.  You shouldn’t be barred from travel because you didn’t download an app.  So what, if you’re elderly and can’t work a cell phone or poor and don’t have one, sucks to be you?  Creepy fascist policies.  

Yea needing to prove vaccination to go to a theatre creeped the hell out of me. I was already vaccinated at the time and wanted no part of that. The modern equivalent to 'your papers, please'.

The protest should be framed not as left vs right but as authoritarism vs libertarianism. The woke left professes to be on the side of LGBT such as myself, but they are not. Authoritarianism leads to totalitarianism which is horrible for everyone, especially minorities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1