Trucker's Convoy

West

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm in sympathy with them, but I don't support their actions.  Your poll is misleading.

"My poll" is not mine. It's from IPSOS/ Global news.

Please take your concerns of misleading polls to them, not me.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

In the words of many on here "actions have consequences". As Ontario has put the creepy little bastard in charge of things, and have insisted that you shouldn't be able to stay employed without a vaccine, they can reap the consequences of having a major trade route disrupted. 

Even if the blockade comes down, it's still heavily blocked on the US side so good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, West said:

In the words of many on here "actions have consequences". As Ontario has put the creepy little bastard in charge of things, and have insisted that you shouldn't be able to stay employed without a vaccine, they can reap the consequences of having a major trade route disrupted. 

Even if the blockade comes down, it's still heavily blocked on the US side so good luck. 

Well the mandates should be lifted on both sides of the border.  If Biden is smart, he’ll make a pre-emptive move and drop the US mandates for truckers. The US left is realizing that Trudeau is a liability approaching the mid-terms.  

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Don’t even try to defend these totalitarian policies.  We’ve already debated them upteen times.  Just admit that you put safety purity and total compliance with a government-mandated health program above all other considerations. I honestly think you’d be happier in China. You’re a zero tolerance kind of guy.  

Why do you guys always deal in extremes?

46 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re a fascist.  No one should have to get vaccinated to be able to go to a restaurant, travel by train or plane between provinces, get back into their own country, or be employed.  

If covid was more like ebola, and the jabs were functioning like actual vaccines, I could see the point of mandates, but if that was the case there'd be no need to force people to vaccinate. People would be fighting to get them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m trying to prevent extremism.  I’m not even right-wing.  Watch this from arguably the US left’s biggest influencer:

Even Bill Maker thinks that "Trudeau sounds like Hitler", and he thought that "Trudeau was a cool guy" before this.

I'm surprised to find out that the quote was from September and I just found out about it this week. If Trump said something like that about immigrants then the original, accurate form of it would have been headline news in Canada 24/7. CNN, CTV and Goebbels wouldn't even have to lie about it - they could give their liars and spin doctors a month off, and that's about 3/4 of their staff.

I'm actually fuming about that quote and I can't stop thinking about it. Our politics in Canada are positively hateful now, and these maggots have absolutely nothing to back their hideous slander. I've tried to get @eyeball and @Michael Hardner to back up their slander for a while now and I just hear crickets. Some people have no pride. I don't get it. 

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I guess Trudeau wants to keep an iron curtain around Canada so we don’t know what we’re missing.

It's all part of the plan to politicize the pandemic.

Trudeau and Biden can't really claim victory over covid if it's just a matter of omicron being weak AF. The vaxes have to be our saviour or Biden and Trudeau aren't our saviours. In fact, they'll just be remembered as undemocratic and in Trudeau's case, bigoted.

Down in the States they're really trying to drive the point home that "Biden's successful distribution plan was the actual key to success, Trump's legacy was a distribution network that was failing Americans dismally" ?. Biden has nightmares about the words "Operation Warp Speed".   

TBH, Warp Speed was about more than just vaxes, it was also about therapeutics and testing kits. Biden and Trudeau haven't pimped therapeutics at all, that's why therapeutics have to be ignored and relegated to the shelf.  

Anyways, now they want to claim that getting our country to 99% vaccinated was the key to freedom, and they'll force it into every last person that they can before they give up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Why do you guys always deal in extremes?

Us?

Trudeau is the one who tried to link not vaxing with racism. How much more extreme (idiotic) can you get than that? 

Trudeau and the MSM are the ones who saying that the whole Freedom Convoy is a bunch of white supremacists and insurgents, they're just dancing around and BBQing smokies. Call the Guiness Book folks, we have surely set a record for the biggest group of white supremacist indo-Canadians, FN people and blacks ever.

Trudeau is the anti-science one who's ignoring covid target demographics, ignoring acquired immunity, forcing people who are at 0% danger of dying from covid to take the vaccine even though it has dangerous side effects, forcing people out of the economy if they don't vax, and then complaining when our trade with the US is down by 25%.

People are out 100% of their salaries, and not just for 6 days. For them it's already been a long time and it's indefinite, and Trudeau is crying about 25%? 

Now the truckers have to be fined $100K and sent to jail for a year? For peaceful protests? 

You don't think that's extreme? ?

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Us?

Trudeau is the one who tried to link not vaxing with racism. How much more extreme (idiotic) can you get than that? 

Trudeau and the MSM are the ones who saying that the whole Freedom Convoy is a bunch of white supremacists and insurgents, they're just dancing around and BBQing smokies. Call the Guiness Book folks, we have surely set a record for the biggest group of white supremacist indo-Canadians, FN people and blacks ever.

Trudeau is the anti-science one who's ignoring covid target demographics, ignoring acquired immunity, forcing people who are at 0% danger of dying from covid to take the vaccine even though it has dangerous side effects, forcing people out of the economy if they don't vax, and then complaining when our trade with the US is down by 25%.

People are out 100% of their salaries, and not just for 6 days. For them it's already been a long time and it's indefinite, and Trudeau is crying about 25%? 

Now the truckers have to be fined $100K and sent to jail for a year? For peaceful protests? 

You don't think that's extreme? ?

Yea because those groups know where authoritarianism ends for them. Historically it hasn't been good. Because while today it's anti-vaxxers, tomorrow a new enemy group is needed to justify the totalitarian state.

It struck me when a journalist commented just how many immigrants were at the protests. That many of them had escaped oppressive regimes to come to Canada. They don't want Canada to become what they got away from. Can kinda relate in a dark way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m trying to prevent extremism.  I’m not even right-wing.  Watch this from arguably the US left’s biggest influencer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIPlg8v0-U

From the same episode. It's basically what I (and others) have been saying for awhile on here. Even brings up Blackrock which is generally cast aside as a "right wing conspiracy" ?

Facts are Canadian politicians have HUGE investment in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Patents exist whereby some of their donors are receiving huge kickbacks for every vaccine that's shoved into your arm. Want to know why Trudeau won't let it go even though 90% are supposedly vaccinated? Money. Greed. Nothing else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the mandates should be lifted on both sides of the border.  If Biden is smart, he’ll make a pre-emptive move and drop the US mandates for truckers. The US left is realizing that Trudeau is a liability approaching the mid-terms.  

If he does, there will be no reason for us to keep it, just as there is no reason to get rid of it they don't. All that would do is give unvaccinated US truckers free access to Canada while unvaccinated Canadians still couldn't go to the US. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, West said:

From the same episode. It's basically what I (and others) have been saying for awhile on here. Even brings up Blackrock which is generally cast aside as a "right wing conspiracy" ?

Facts are Canadian politicians have HUGE investment in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Patents exist whereby some of their donors are receiving huge kickbacks for every vaccine that's shoved into your arm. Want to know why Trudeau won't let it go even though 90% are supposedly vaccinated? Money. Greed. Nothing else.

How do you know they have huge investments? Have you read their disclosure statements? 

19 minutes ago, West said:

What's the investing joke? Oh yeah. Watch what Nancy Pelosi does.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re a fascist.  No one should have to get vaccinated to be able to go to a restaurant, travel by train or plane between provinces, get back into their own country, or be employed.  It’s anti-freedom, unconstitutional, against basic human rights, and certainly evil if you believe in God.  We’re free before we’re vaccinated, not afterwards. You shouldn’t be barred from travel because you didn’t download an app.  So what, if you’re elderly and can’t work a cell phone or poor and don’t have one, sucks to be you?  If you have a big family and modest income the costs of testing are outrageous and if you test positive you can lose your job.  Creepy fascist policies.  Our government oppresses its own people.  

Anyone who disagrees with you is a fascist. You can't travel without a passport or picture ID either. You can't pick up a parcel at a post office without a picture ID. You can't even get a paper ticket to a Canucks game anymore. Cry me a river. You can get paper vaccine passports where I live. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Confused 1

You know, if people who didn't like vaccines had just shut up and not got vaccinated governments might not have had to do much. Instead they try to impose their beliefs on others with demonstrations, blockades and hassling health care workers. What are governments supposed to do? They just can't sit back and let the ignorant dictate to them.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

You know, if people who didn't like vaccines had just shut up and not got vaccinated governments might not have had to do much. Instead they try to impose their beliefs on others with demonstrations, blockades and hassling health care workers. What are governments supposed to do? They just can't sit back and let the ignorant dictate to them.

You know, it is the C19 MANDATE.

I am not anti-vaxx, but I am anti-c19-vaxx-mandate

Edited by taxesanddeath

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

You know, if people who didn't like vaccines had just shut up and not got vaccinated governments might not have had to do much. 

You know if the people of Ottawa didn’t want to hear honking, they could have just moved. Right????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1