Trucker's Convoy

West

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Of course not...you are a selfless hero of the planned-demic. Courageously swabbing things down with bleach.

Listen stupid, I don't know whether lifting them is the right thing to do or not and neither do you. All I am saying is that it is a risk and if it ends up overwhelming hospitals they are screwed. The virus doesn't give a crap what you or I think.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You're trivializing violent acts. The law indicates punishment for financial crimes is less severe than for crimes like arson physical violence. I agree with that in principle.

By giving those protests a pass and acting immediately with aggression to the onset of this, the government/media machine indirectly condones incivility. The message is it's ok to light fires. But peaceful protest will be dealt with by hammer blows, if it hurts our wallet.

All such pushback is countered by equal and opposite resistance.

The more you prohibit, the more it goes underground.

Like we saw with the funding, the government steps in and seizes the funds. There was $10M there, and would have gone higher. That's a lot of simoleons. It needs somewhere to go. What happens next is it goes underground. They move to a different server. Same thing again? Further underground. There's always a bank or a fund, that would want to help you protect your $10M. and counting, you say?.. hell yeah.

The wise governor knows that people need to protest in a healthy democracy. Public protest should be a protected right.

Why do these trucks offend them so? Let's just look at Ottawa. Why does it necessitate these statements, threats, and dirty tricks? Because they dare show their discontent, and they are doing it in a way that the government cannot easily get them. But they sure are trying, very very hard.

It is these actions I am interested in just as much as the protest itself.

Trudeaus response depends on if he agrees with the protests or not. Because he agrees with BLM, they can ignore public health orders and burn buildings to the ground.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Hammer and Sickle on display...proudly I might add.

That’s exactly right.  Freedom of expression is sacrosanct like our Constitution.  These protests can’t be ignored by our government because they represent the foundation of Canada.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s exactly right.  Freedom of expression is sacrosanct like our Constitution.  These protests can’t be ignored by our government because they represent the foundation of Canada.  

I'm sure that the MSM will be outrage that the flag of the former USSR was on display...flapping in that stiff breeze for all to see.

Edited by DogOnPorch

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm sure that the MSM will be outrage that the flag of the former USSR was on display...flapping in that stiff breeze for all to see.

Stalin & his ilk only killed millions, after-all...peanuts.

Yes but people who know their stuff on these issues will even see the spirit of liberty in aspects of Marxism.  It’s like the black protesters who defended some of the monuments to the Confederacy in the US.  I’ve mentioned on here that there’s a big Roman arch near the Forum that depicts the sacking of Jerusalem.  No one is proposing that we tear down that arch.  Napoleon caused lots of shit but we’re not taking down the Arch de Triomphe.  Our cancel culture knows no bounds and may now devour our Constitution and Canada itself. 

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Another amusing thing is how the MSM chimes every few hours that the Ambassador Bridge has been cleared of protesters...only to have to re-think that headline.

It’s interesting that in the polling of opinion on the protests, the younger 18-34 generation that has moved on from legacy media is more supportive of the convoy. They’re associating mainstream media with out of touch government control.  Trudeau is losing the young.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes but people who know their stuff on these issues will even see the spirit of liberty in aspects of Marxism.  It’s like the black protesters who defended some of the monuments to the Confederacy in the US.  I’ve mentioned on here that there’s a big Roman arch near the Forum that depicts the sacking of Jerusalem.  No one is proposing that we tear down that arch.  Napoleon caused lots of shit but we’re not taking down the Arch de Triomphe.  Our cancel culture knows no bounds and may now devour our Constitution and Canada itself. 

Well one can't ban books and stuff. None of that cancel shit for me. 

But there it was...none the less. Flap, flap, flap...

You'd think they could be a bit more subtle. 

:P

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s interesting that in the polling of opinion on the protests, the younger 18-34 generation that has moved on from legacy media is more supportive of the convoy.  They’re associating mainstream media with out of touch government control.  Trudeau is losing the young.

Also the Barbara Streisand Effect.

Attempting extreme measures generally evokes a much larger extreme response.

So in the people flooded-in on both sides of the bridge.