Trucker's Convoy

West

18 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

You know if the people of Ottawa didn’t want to hear honking, they could have just moved. Right????

What!!!!!. Are you saying the million or so people of Ottawa should have abandoned their homes in the middle of winter and moved to other cities living in hotels at their own expenses just because a few thousand lawless saboteurs can keep honking day and night. If you really meant that then you are as self entitled and arrogant and crazy as those protesters.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What!!!!!. Are you saying the million or so people of Ottawa should have abandoned their homes in the middle of winter and moved to another city just because a few thousand lawless saboteurs can keep honking day and night. If you really meant that then you are as self entitled and arrogantly and crazy as those protesters are.

It was meant to sound stupid and sarcastic just like Aristedes comment about the unvaccinated should have just sucked it up and got the shot. Perhaps it was lost on you??

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

You get a gun and you head on down to the protest and start shooting back. 

You are the one saying it and I entirely get it why you would be saying it. Because once the limits and boundaries of the critical thought are crossed, and independent thought is no longer needed, no other lines or boundaries exist. Anything is possible. Russia, Germany, China, Cambodia, Russia again, China again whichever way you look, examples and warnings, warnings and more examples.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

You know, if people who didn't like vaccines had just shut up and not got vaccinated governments might not have had to do much.

Just stop l-ing why wouldn't you? There are many here with working eyes and memory too.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

You are the one saying it and I entirely get it why you would be saying it. Because once the limits and boundaries of the critical thought are crossed, and independent thought is no longer needed, no other lines or boundaries exist.

So don't cross it. The question I asked that you didn't answer remains the same, what other choice have you left yourself?

Anything is possible. Russia, Germany, China, Cambodia, Russia again, China again whichever way you look, examples and warnings, warnings and more examples.

It's just an illusion you embraced when you abandoned critical thought and crossed the boundary.  It's never too late to go back.   

Take a walk. You live near the water? Get a little boat. Find a way any way really to enjoy whatever grace you can muster while you can. Don't be like some poor anti vaxxer on their deathbed who asks if it's too late.

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Get a little boat.

And what? Things will fix themselves as they always do? Sanity will come back? Entitled rulers will become transparent and responsible, and competent too, democratic leaders? It always happens by itself, no effort or thought needed, just go fishing come back et voila total perfection or very near, right? Have I described your (dream) world accurately enough?

Edited by myata
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

There’s no doubt these pharmaceutical companies have made an absolute killing with their vaccines.

;) 

It's nice to see you finally recognize the incompatibility between capitalism and health care. Now that you have made this revelation, the only logical next step is to separate them.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The poll is fine, but it says something else than do you support the actions, or do you want them to continue.

As long as they’ve established there is a real problem that needs to be addressed, and this comes to the attention of Canadians, this is working.

Like the new CPC broad said, “your message is being heard”.

That’s success in itself. 

They are not being violent or destructive like we saw with BLM and antifa groups that were strangely more tolerated.

They are portrayed by Trudeau as mostly white, old-school Canadians. There could be an element of reverse racism here, in a way.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. That’s success in itself. 

2. They are not being violent or destructive like we saw with BLM and antifa groups that were strangely more tolerated.

1. Well that's good.  The thing is that it might not translate to any actual change.  But ok.

2. Economic impact has been estimated at many times that of BLM.  Blocking trade is more destructive than breaking windows.

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well that's good.  The thing is that it might not translate to any actual change.  But ok.

2. Economic impact has been estimated at many times that of BLM.  Blocking trade is more destructive than breaking windows.

Government must respond to peaceful protests. At least listen. Else after a time protests will no longer be peaceful since people know they are otherwise useless. Trudeau's attitude and words provoke more violence.

The change I am hoping for is to expose Mr. Trudeau as an empty charlatan and vote him out in an election as soon as possible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Blocking trade is more destructive than breaking windows.

You're trivializing violent acts. The law indicates punishment for financial crimes is less severe than for crimes like arson physical violence. I agree with that in principle.

By giving those protests a pass and acting immediately with aggression to the onset of this, the government/media machine indirectly condones incivility. The message is it's ok to light fires. But peaceful protest will be dealt with by hammer blows, if it hurts our wallet.

All such pushback is countered by equal and opposite resistance.

The more you prohibit, the more it goes underground.

Like we saw with the funding, the government steps in and seizes the funds. There was $10M there, and would have gone higher. That's a lot of simoleons. It needs somewhere to go. What happens next is it goes underground. They move to a different server. Same thing again? Further underground. There's always a bank or a fund, that would want to help you protect your $10M. and counting, you say?.. hell yeah.

The wise governor knows that people need to protest in a healthy democracy. Public protest should be a protected right.

Why do these trucks offend them so? Let's just look at Ottawa. Why does it necessitate these statements, threats, and dirty tricks? Because they dare show their discontent, and they are doing it in a way that the government cannot easily get them. But they sure are trying, very very hard.

It is these actions I am interested in just as much as the protest itself.

8 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

Just to be clear…I support the truckers cause and reasoning but I will never support a blockade 

Well we all want all restrictions to be over but they cannot be lifted immediately as it will overwhelmed our health care system again and urgent surgeries will be canceled again and many would die. Restrictions have to go away in a gradual prudent manner based on advice by the experts not by a mob who know know nothing and are not experts by illegally blocking cities and vital roads.

18 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Well we all want all restrictions to be over but they cannot be lifted immediately as it will overwhelmed our health care system again and urgent surgeries will be canceled again and many would die. Restrictions have to go away in a gradual prudent manner based on advice by the experts not by a mob who know know nothing and are not experts by illegally blocking cities and vital roads.

Right, so we have a common goal. Get rid of the restrictions. We don't know what will happen when we re-open, but let's assume you are right.

Therefore the restrictions are a response to incapacity in the system. The responsible thing to do is address the problem at its core. I have not heard any serious plan from our government, it's not even in their general dialogue yet. After two years, billions in handouts, it's time to figure out how to live with the virus. Do something about the capacity of health care. Canada already has such a low capacity in the first place.

Shutting down businesses to protect the health care system is like borrowing from Peter to give to Paul. And that, my religious friends, is not the way to go.

Edited by OftenWrong

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Right, so we have a common goal. Get rid of the restrictions. We don't know what will happen when we re-open, but let's assume you are right.

Therefore the restrictions are a response to incapacity in the system. The responsible thing to do is address the problem at its core. I have not heard any serious plan from our government, it's not even in their general dialogue yet. After two years, billions in handouts, it's time to figure out how to live with the virus.

Shutting down businesses during outbreaks, to protect the health care system is like borrowing from Peter to give to Paul. And that, my religious friends, is not the way to go.

I am anything but religious. I go by science.  I have often posted here about our disastrous Health care in Canada. I recently lost the closest person to me as a result of incompetent health care and overwhelmed doctors and nurses. I suggested that we must have two-tiered health care both private and public to take pressure off the overwhelmed public system, but majority of Canadians appeart to be against that. Unfortunately the society here is very leftist when it comes to Health care.

As it is now our Health care cannot deal with full opening. Even with severe lockdowns at one point we had over 4000 covid patients in hospitals over 600 in ICU. Vital surgeries had to be cancelled. We will go back to where we were if we suddenly lift all restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I am anything but religious. I go by science.  I have often posted here about our disastrous Health care in Canada.

Good to know we have another common complaint then. Yes the immediate problem has to be dealt with immediately, it's an emergency. It's been two years of hiding and we did not solve the core issue. Health care system sucks. It sucked before, but now it really sucks. This perpetuates the emergency.

So let's go, government. Let's see some god-damned action.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You’re not distinguishing between different measures.  Vaccine mandates, particularly vaccine passports, represent extreme government overreach and curtailing of freedoms.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Government must respond to peaceful protests. At least listen. Else after a time protests will no longer be peaceful since people know they are otherwise useless. Trudeau's attitude and words provoke more violence.

The change I am hoping for is to expose Mr. Trudeau as an empty charlatan and vote him out in an election as soon as possible.

They aren't peaceful when they are throwing people out of work, you are just bankrupting them instead of beating them up.

24 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re not distinguishing between different measures.  Vaccine mandates, particularly vaccine passports, represent extreme government overreach and curtailing of freedoms.

Your opinion. The fact is, we don't know if eliminating all restrictions will work or not and every jursidiction that is doing so is taking a gamble. If it backfires they will be in even bigger trouble than before.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Your opinion. The fact is, we don't know if eliminating all restrictions will work or not and every jursidiction that is doing so is taking a gamble. If it backfires they will be in even bigger trouble than before.

Because you, after-all...you're a man of the people.