Trucker's Convoy

West

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

Anyone who equates the present restrictions with the actions of Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot is just demonstrating a total ignorance of history and a complete lack of perspective.

No. Trudeau absolutely is behaving like a fascist.

The lying, control over the media, undemocratic control over the police and judiciary, and the hate mongering against the 'filthy Jews' (in this case, the dirty, unvaxed racists and misogynists) are all classic fascism.

Everything is on a bell curve, and while Trudeau may not score quite as high as Hitler, he's still got the exact same MO. His hate mongering is not ok. 

“We all know Jews, and we will do our very best to try to convince them to worship as we do. However, there is still a part of the population (that) is fiercely against it. 

“They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space. 

“This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people?”

Seems pretty fascist if you replace 'unvaxed' with 'jews'. There's nothing unfascist about that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No. Trudeau absolutely is behaving like a fascist.

The lying, control over the media, undemocratic control over the police and judiciary, and the hate mongering against the 'filthy Jews' (in this case, the dirty, unvaxed racists and misogynists) are all classic fascism.

Everything is on a bell curve, and while Trudeau may not score quite as high as Hitler, he's still got the exact same MO. His hate mongering is not ok. 

Seems pretty fascist if you replace 'unvaxed' with 'jews'. There's nothing unfascist about that.

Oh bullshit. Stop being such a drama queen. You trivialize what Jews and others went through by comparing your petty frigging gripes to them. Why don't you put a yellow star on your sleeve so people will have no doubt what kind of idiot you are.

Edited by Aristides
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Oh bullshit. Stop being such a drama queen. You trivialize what Jews and others went through by comparing your petty frigging gripes to them. Why don't you put a yellow star on your sleeve so people will have no doubt what kind of idiot you are.

FYI hate speech is hate speech and it's always wrong, and by defending it you're being a bigot. 

This isn't an example of me twisting Trudeau's words, like leftist dolts did when Trump called MS13 animals and they said that he called immigrants animals. I was 100% accurate about what Trudeau said, and what he said meets the classic definition of hate/fear mongering. He was falsely ascribing negative character attributes to a broad group of people when he randomly accused people who don't vax of being racists and misogynists. It was hate speech, 100%.

Just because you share his bigotry doesn't make it ok. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I wonder what happens when people who culturally appropriate Nazi imagery to protest COVID measues run into real Nazi's that also happen to be protesting COVID measures? I suspect an real self-respecting Nazi must feel like crawling under a rock when they're being compared to Trudeau. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

It's insurrection, I tell you. Worse than 9-11.

The CBC is very concerned.

Very concerned.

It's an affront to the status quo, the New Compact that let everyone close by roll happily in taxpayer's dough for decades, no questions asked, no accounting or explanation. Can see how it's so very dangerous. Goes straight to the core question: what is it doing, not for itself, for us? Do we, the country, really need it?

Edited by myata

8 hours ago, cougar said:

1. Latest I heard, they say the demonstration shows "the power of disinformation"

2. Getting sick of the cesspool Canadian media is.

1. Like 50,000 trucks...

2. And yet the convoy people did the lying.  I think that you have lots of excuses.  Very vain, unprincipled, egotistical... A symptom of our collective ills...

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

OMG... "What about the laws?" "The Nazis followed laws" ?

Super Godwinned...

"Should I order the pancakes!" "Well the Nazis ate pancakes" ? 

OK let me attempt to translate this dialogue: you cannot deny that there's a glaring flaw in the logic of your statement. If a collective is the final and unquestionable arbiter on any issue, including after years of massive propaganda; a Nazi collective is a collective. Then a Nazi collective has to be the final arbiter on all and any issues. Don't blame me, it's only logic.

You decide to laugh instead. OK. Now, how do we interpret it? You laughing about yourself, the ability to express without glaring flaws and contradictions? Or about the whole conundrum? Or what?

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not a desirable place to live.  

Obviously, leaving people without income, preventing them from using regular services will be perfectly fine in this society. We used to read about this kind of societies in dark utopia books. Et voila.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

What did CBC media say about Hongkong protests? And what Chinese state media said? Can you see a difference? OMG it's happening so fast!

Yup.  I never thought such brainwashing was possible in Canada, yet here we are.  The Brits won’t accept it, which is why they were the first country to declare war on Hitler’s Germany.  I actually wonder what the regular Canadian soldiers think of what’s happening, not the brass who report to Chairman Trudeau.  

• Like 1

As already noted, elites of all shades and colors it doesn't really matter are very concerned. Status quo and the entitlement to speak for "Canadians" no questions accepted, cannot be questioned. Extremist-misogynist-islamofobist-russia-agent-national-monument-desecrator OK what would be the next creative frontier? Can we just say, status quo cannot be disturbed and questioned, brief and clear? Open and democratic too.

19 minutes ago, Boges said:

Hard to make the case that Trudeau is a Nazi when the people protesting him come with their own Swastikas. ?

Desecrating the National War Memorial and the Terry Fox Memorial is a EXCELLENT way to get Canadians on your side. ?

That’s how whole movements are discredited now.  Firstly, I’d like to see who was carrying those flags.  I never thought we’d see plants doing this kind of thing, but I know for fact that the thousands of protesters in Ottawa and lining highways aren’t Nazis.  How ridiculous.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s how whole movements are discredited now.  Firstly, I’d like to see who was carrying those flags.  I never thought we’d see plants doing this kind of thing, but I know for fact that the thousands of protesters in Ottawa and lining highways aren’t Nazis.  How ridiculous.  

It's always a False Flag right? ?

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Protesting against tyranny and freedoms lost is also ironic when you're allowed to move across the country unimpeded and squat in Parliament Hill for 3 days. 

The federal government is working on interprovincial trucker mandates right now. Already mentioned earlier in the thread.

So there is more at stake here than US border.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The federal government is working on interprovincial trucker mandates right now. Already mentioned earlier in the thread.

So there is more at stake here than US border.

It's a term of employment. And 90% of Truckers and all major trucking organization are onboard with the regulation. 

This weekend is more about the Ultra-Right showing the country who they really are than anything to do with supporting a fringe group of truckers. 

Edited by Boges

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Protesting against tyranny and freedoms lost is also ironic when you're allowed to move across the country unimpeded and squat in Parliament Hill for 3 days. 

No, not ironic - only the last vestige. Imagine if we lost that too - what would be left of a great G7 democracy? And not like there's no talk of great concerns, ending the disturbances etc including on national news channels, "for the common good" how else.