Trucker's Convoy

West

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You think government and anyone who disagrees with you is lying.  Not much anyone can say.  You will have to carry on in your delusions.  You simply don't want the facts or anything that changes your mind.

For a guy who quotes bible passages you seem to put a lot of faith... in government.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

For a guy who quotes bible passages you seem to put a lot of faith... in government.

Without a Charter or Bill of Rights or some kind of constitutional guarantee of rights, and without the continued enforcement of such rights, a democracy can slide into dictatorship and become truly evil.  It happened in Germany.  

Either governments do only what they are hired for and allowed by the citizens; or citizens do all what the governments tell them. In time, these are the only possible scenarios. If governments aren't kept in check by the citizens with time they will want to manage everything (and everyone).

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Global news didn't spend the vast bulk of their coverage of the riots in the US focusing on "the few people who were doing the looting, arson, assaulting people and killing people" but they tried to vilify the whole trucker convoy, which was 99.999999% entirely peaceful and orderly...

There's no doubt the trucker convoy was more peaceful and orderly.

About 93 percent of the racial-justice protests that swept the United States this summer remained peaceful and nondestructive, according to a report released Thursday, with the violence and property damage that has dominated political discourse constituting only a minute portion of the thousands of demonstrations that followed the killing of George Floyd in May.

The report, produced by the nonprofit Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project, also concluded that an escalation in the government response to protests and a sharp uptick in extremist activity means the United States faces a growing risk of “political violence and instability” ahead of the 2020 election.

ACLED, which monitors war zones and political upheaval around the world, launched the US Crisis Monitor report with Princeton University’s Bridging Divides Initiative. Using media accounts and other public information, the report identified 7,750 protests from May 26 through Aug. 22 that were linked to the Black Lives Matter movement. The protests took place in 2,400 locations across all 50 states and the District.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-united-states-is-in-crisis-report-tracks-thousands-of-summer-protests-most-nonviolent/2020/09/03/b43c359a-edec-11ea-99a1-71343d03bc29_story.html

93% almost sounds obsequious in light of what triggered these protests which was actually fascistic compared to anything going on in Ottawa.

Yup, government overreach is extreme in Canada.  I don’t know what tools are left to citizens.  Protests?  Well we see how the protesters are written off by the PM and state funded media as “fringe” radicals.  The PM called the unvaccinated racists and misogynists.  Can we appeal to our Governor General?  Well the PM appointed her.  Can we appeal to Queen Elizabeth?  She is very elderly and reducing engagements.

Here’s an interesting piece on the unvaccinated, hardly the radical stereotypes that the PM tried to vilify:

https://apple.news/AWwJEUfc6Sxm-eeZFEu0S6Q

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup, government overreach is extreme in Canada.  I don’t know what tools are left to citizens.

Well, citizens here never really built and constructed their democracy consciously and deliberately as their neighbors and many other people. And maybe this experience tells us that this step just cannot be avoided. That copying a colonial handbook and praying on it democratically does not make a full democracy. Citizens have to go to the drawing board, think, discuss, find working solutions. And build. Nothing builds itself and nothing can run itself for centuries or forever. Eternal motion including "democratic" "good government" just does not happen. Without building, fixing, oiling and maintaining all things rust, muck and grind to a halt. No exceptions. Yet another proof.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Forced vaccine is what they do in China: a soldier holds your arm and another one jabs you.  If you want to come up with better terms to differentiate that and not being allowed in a booth at Swiss Chalet please go ahead.

Otherwise, you are just like the 1970s Marxists demanding others use your language to describe the world we all live in.

-----

You are living in a world where people would go to jail for smoking pot not long ago.  That had no effect on anyone else other than the user and it was ok with people...

I'll adjust my language, extorting those that do not vaccinate removes free will consent. 

What does going to jail for smoking pot have to do with vaccination consent? 

• Like 2

Interesting how talking heads are suddenly remembering that this is a free country and the value of peaceful civic (no trucks please!) dialogue. Really.

For two years, restrictions, requirements and mandates piled up non stop top down the throat and wherever. What dialogue? Forget dialogue, has anyone noticed a trace of intelligible explanation? And now, the dialogue. Has to be something in the air, or is it the season? January 28, should try to remember.

Kenney was defending the convoy when it wasn't in his backyard.  Oh well...

And that $9M will work out nicely for the veterans... assuming Tamara Lich can manage to give them half and not steal it that works out to $7/veteran....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/convoy-protest-border-lethbridge-alberta-1.6332936

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

You think government and anyone who disagrees with you is lying.  Not much anyone can say.  You will have to carry on in your delusions.  You simply don't want the facts or anything that changes your mind.

If you think that they weren't lying then say it.

Say that you believe that H2H wasn't happening.

Say that you think that they had good enough reason to say that H2H wasn't happening when they said it.

Say that you think that the virus came from a wet market, and that it was wildly conspiratorial and ban-worthy to suggest that the virus came from a BSL4 lab.

Just say those things blackbird.

Don't just say that you doubt me, tell me what you think was true. 

Do you think it's true that kids need a vaccine to survive void? Then say it.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

Great.

Then we agree that neither of us is helping or harming the other.  The risk is each our own.

You take your risks based on yourself

I'll take my risks based on me.

But when it comes to plugging up the medical system you are the problem and the plugged up medical system is the reason for restrictions. You are still unable to make that connection.

• Thanks 1

I was just watching the CBC coverage of the trucker convergence on the Trudopian Reichstag building. They are very concerned. Very concerned. Added police presence is being called in from around Ontario. Massive investigations are under way.

Apparently you can tear down the statue of John A MacDonald, the father of confederation, and that's no biggie but by God, somebody tucked a freedom flag under the arm of the statue of Terry Fox.

INSURRECTION!!!

It's insurrection, I tell you. Worse than 9-11.

The CBC is very concerned.

Very concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

I was just watching the CBC coverage of the trucker convergence on the Trudopian Reichstag building. They are very concerned. Very concerned. Added police presence is being called in from around Ontario. Massive investigations are under way.

Apparently you can tear down the statue of John A MacDonald, the father of confederation, and that's no biggie but by God, somebody tucked a freedom flag under the arm of the statue of Terry Fox.

INSURRECTION!!!

It's insurrection, I tell you. Worse than 9-11.

The CBC is very concerned.

Very concerned.

Godwin