Trucker's Convoy

West

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

grave of unknown soldier.jpg

More lies and slander.

The MSM was desperate to find reasons to discredit the freedom convoy, because they dared to speak the truth about our PM, and out of tens of thousands of protestors, all that they could find for their dolt horde to rally around was some imaginary urine and a flag in Terry Fox's hand.

"FOR SHAME! DOLTS, UNITE!"

Look blackbird, you can see all the urine on the monument there! It's such an atrocity ?

To be honest:

1) Terry Fox doesn't belong to leftists - the fact that someone put a freedom convoy sign on his chest wasn't something for the MSM to drum up hatred about

2) Leftists definitely don't have any claim to being the custodians of the war memorial, they're a group that vociferously disrespects the police and the military.

You just got completely sucked in by moronic lies and slander blackbird. Now you're posting it on a message board. Good job. 

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And - just to confirm again - changing Canadian policy unilaterally wouldn't help the situation right ?

It will help for sure.

The freedom convoy is popular, and if Canada removes their x-border trucker mandate then the US has theirs all alone. Biden will relent.

The vax-Nazis were just exposed as liars again on Jan 19th when the CDC admitted that natural immunity was 6x stronger than vaccination at fighting covid. 

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau is setting Canada up as a country of reduced liberty where the executive can violate constitutional protections by fiat

The problem is not with any specific individual. The problem is that there's no effective checks on the executive power in the country, as clearly demonstrated by him, thanks to him. Anyone in his shoes can do same things or worse, and there would be nothing to limit or stop them as there's none and everyone has seen and knows it now. And that is a way more serious problem than any specific Trudeua.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

According to the trucking industry - the US did not have the policy and wasn't going to implement it until Trudeau pushed for it.

This is why the US truckers are also not happy with Trudeau.

Indeed. Justin is the catalyst here.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

JT is only popular with those he was already popular with....you....your cat.

He doesn't have to be popular to make people not want to vote for the CPC if that's the type of voter they court. 

Especially in places like Ontario and Quebec where the seats matter. 

55 minutes ago, West said:

I used to post on other sites and had leftists create fake accounts pretending to be me simply because they disagreed with my view point. All sorts of sick things they posted from that site.

and you don't think there are equally foolish/rabid posters from the other end of the political spectrum?  That's not a very useful anecdote.  

Why would it be a stretch to believe people flying nazi flags or urinating on monuments aren't cut from the same cloth?

I think most intelligent people would realize that within the trucker's convoy there are some especially rotten eggs and that the most militant and toxic elements of the right (like nazis wannabes) would latch on to a cause like this in the same way the confederate flags would show up at pro-police rallies in the USA.  

You believe the most obvious explanation is there are nazis flying flags opposing federal travel restrictions? Or that "The Russians" are behind the protests like you see from CBC? ?

I think the most reasonable explanation is that there are exceptional idiots within the protest standing out and making it look worse than it is.  

• Like 1

Just now, Boges said:

He doesn't have to be popular to make people not want to vote for the CPC if that's the type of voter they court. 

Especially in places like Ontario and Quebec where the seats matter. 

Writing this down...so much important info!

....don't need to be popular to win elections....

Got it.

12 minutes ago, myata said:

The problem is not with any specific individual. The problem is that there's no effective checks on the executive power in the country, as clearly demonstrated by him, thanks to him. Anyone in his shoes can do same things or worse, and there would be nothing to limit or stop them as there's none and everyone has seen and knows it now. And that is a way more serious problem than any specific Trudeua.

Well let’s see.  Canada’s institutions are of British Parliamentary origin.  Our Senate and GG/Queen can act if it’s deemed that the government is working against the people, violating their rights and freedoms.  The Supreme Court must respond to constitutional challenges — and they are coming!  When one of the writers of our constitution and our foremost intellectual are crying foul, look out.  Peckford is bringing challenges forward.

Also, let’s not underestimate the power of people.  The truckers are part of a bigger movement, which I think is turning the tide of public opinion.  People are getting fed up with the overblown accusations of the Liberal government against middle of the road Canadians concerned for their freedoms.  Unfortunately all of this talk of freedom, which should be the concern of all Canadians and Americans, is too easily turned into partisan grand-standing.  I didn’t like Trump, but I now see that Biden is seriously putting American democracy at risk.  Something has to give and he’ll pay dearly in the next elections.  So should Trudeau.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Also, let’s not underestimate the power of people.  The truckers are part of a bigger movement, which I think is turning the tide of public opinion.  People are getting fed up with the overblown accusations of the Liberal government against middle of the road Canadians concerned for their freedoms.  

Do you have any evidence for that? 

Conservative governments instituted vaccine mandates and restrictions the same as the Feds. DoFo, in Ontario, is likely going to win by playing to the middle. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Do you have any evidence for that? 

Conservative governments instituted vaccine mandates and restrictions the same as the Feds. DoFo, in Ontario, is likely going to win by playing to the middle. 

Only anecdotal.  I don’t know anyone who supports the mandates and restrictions except my mother, but she lets my father navigate the sharks.  Ignorance is bliss.  

1 hour ago, Boges said:

You think I support the mob that did that either? 

I don't know for sure.

What I do know is. the Terry Fox statue is left not permanently tarnished. This is because one side has something we old folk knew as "respect". I also know that when I turn on CTV News, I have to listen to a girl talk about how she's afraid to go outside, because the mean ol' truckers might...what...see her oddly coloured hair?

Today my wife and kids go back to work. I'll be in the bar my wife works at, enjoying a beer and maybe even some 8-Ball and partake in some idle chit-chat. There will be talk about this convoy and both sides of the debate will be present. We will discuss...disagree...discuss some more. We WILL NOT call each other names or engage in childish arguments. We will likely all agree that its nice to have our pub back.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Only anecdotal.  I don’t know anyone who supports the mandates and restrictions except my mother, but she lets my father navigate the sharks.  Ignorance is bliss.  

I think you need to separate "mandates" and "restrictions" in your head. 

People can support one and not the other.