Trucker's Convoy

West

2 minutes ago, myata said:

No, not ironic - only the last vestige. Imagine if we lost that too - what would be left of a great G7 democracy? And not like there's no talk of great concerns, ending the disturbances etc including on national news channels, "for the common good" how else.

I'm sure when the RCMP finally ferry these losers out, the people with Nazi Flags will call the police Nazis. 

14 minutes ago, Boges said:

Protesting against tyranny and freedoms lost is also ironic when you're allowed to move across the country unimpeded and squat in Parliament Hill for 3 days. 

Blah blah blah they’re racists blah blah blah they’re misogynists blah blah blah they’re extremists.  This is always the tactic of the Liberals and NDP now.  It doesn’t matter that many families were protesting against restrictions and mandates that have damaged people’s mental health and violated our Charter rights. Write all opposition off because of a couple of flags that appeared among the 10,000.  Apparently placing a sign demanding freedom by Terry Fox is a crime against humanity.  Stop pretending you’re a conservative.  You’re a brainwashed phoney.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

The mandates are authoritarian; arbitrary; disproportional; not supported by objective evidence. There's no checks and accountability. This is what it's about for anyone who cares and thinks regardless of political or any other standing. And it's so easy to see who's using stretches, distractions and diversions from the main and critical for the democracy set of issues.

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Blah blah blah they’re racists blah blah blah they’re misogynists blah blah blah they’re extremists.  This is always the tactic of the Liberals and NDP now.  It doesn’t matter that many families were protesting against restrictions and mandates that have damage’s people’s mental health and violated our Charter right’s. Write all opposition off because of a couple of flags that appeared among the 10,000.  Apparently placing a sign demanding freedom by Terry Fox is a crime against humanity.  Stop pretending you’re a conservative.  You’re a brainwashed phoney.  

Well if the gaggle we saw in Ottawa is emblematic of true Conservatism is, then I guess I'm not. 

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is always the tactic of the Liberals and NDP now.

He pretends to be a conservative. Does it matter though? All elites are very concerned, quasi-journalists, happy twin "opposition", wise talking talking heads. Their very raison d'etre has been called into the open. Who wouldn't be worried?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The federal government is working on interprovincial trucker mandates right now. Already mentioned earlier in the thread.

So there is more at stake here than US border.

Make no mistake, our rights and freedoms are routinely ignored.  We’re already so compromised.

I wonder if it’s even possible to successfully challenge oppressive policies brought by our current government.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I wonder if it’s even possible to successfully challenge oppressive policies

The country has been sailing obliviously down the authoritarian path for decades or even centuries to the muzak of "freedom loving" beaver. Nothing is certain now. It can be too far, and beyond the point of no return.

42 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I guess that's where we really differ. In my book the rights of the individual or person are sacrosanct.

The entire body of law in this country disagrees. Rights are negotiated, they are not sacrosanct.  

You're not even allowed to express yourself unreservedly, or sell unpasteurized milk...  

Good morning.

18 minutes ago, West said:

And you know for a fact they were legitimate protestors? Isn't it always amazing how the press seems to be right there to film it

Ah there it is.  The omni-tool for every conspiracy argument.  "Fake news, MSM lies - that was a CBC false-flag operation."

It works for everything, so long as you turn your brain off.  

24 minutes ago, West said:

And you know for a fact they were legitimate protestors? Isn't it always amazing how the press seems to be right there to film it

OK...that's enough if this lie.

I saw the Terry Fox memorial and it had Canadian flags draped on it and a sign that said something about Fox being infavour of freedom. Same goes for the War Memorial. Anyone who allows themselves to think that is "desecration", is either blind, stupid...or a common Libbie shill.

Boges...which are you?

Well one thing is for certain, Canadians today aren’t as free as Brits, Americans, and many European countries. Don’t forget your digital passport and mask when you leave home this morning.  Have you booked your boost yet?  Hold off on that trip to visit your mom overseas.  Our government advises against non-essential travel and do you really want to deal with the expense and hassle of tests?   What if you test positive, have to quarantine, lose your job?

Meanwhile, other countries have moved on:

https://apple.news/Aw4W_UUpSQICD-DIc9Ydb7g

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OK...that's enough if this lie.

I saw the Terry Fox memorial and it had Canadian flags draped on it and a sign that said something about Fox being infavour of freedom. Same goes for the War Memorial. Anyone who allows themselves to think that is "desecration", is either blind, stupid...or a common Libbie shill.

Boges...which are you?

An upside down Canadian Flag. Terry Fox isn't a political figure. He ran across the country with one leg to raise money for Cancer Research. 

Your lot isn't playing the long game here. Calling anyone who doesn't agree with "these" tactics even if we're also sick of the COVID industry, Liberal Shill's is a great way to keep Trudeau in Office. 

This isn't the US. 

Edited by Boges
  • Thanks 1

You made your point. GO HOME NOW.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/convoy-workers-two-days-later-1.6333017

Over the weekend, thousands of protestors gathered on Parliament Hill convoys of transport trucks clogged down downtown streets and the Ottawa Police Service opened several criminal investigations into the desecration of monuments and illegal or threatening behaviour from protesters.

It began in opposition to mandatory vaccination for cross-border truckers but has since evolved to include a range of opposition to COVID-19 public health measures. It's also attracted international media attention.

3 minutes ago, West said:

globalnews.ca/news/7818798/calgary-famous-5-statues-masks-covid-19/amp/

One example. 

If you are more worried about Terry Fox wearing a team Canada hat than the government oppressing people who refuse a vaccine you are the problem

And your lot has lost my previously reliable vote. 

Pick your battles. 

But I'm sure the PPC is more your style, so perhaps not. 

38 minutes ago, Boges said:

An upside down Canadian Flag. Terry Fox isn't a political figure. He ran across the country with one leg to raise money for Cancer Research. 

Your lot isn't playing the long game here. Calling anyone who doesn't agree with "these" tactics even if we're also sick of the COVID industry, Liberal Shill's is a great way to keep Trudeau in Office. 

This isn't the US. 

Well ya got 1 thing right. This isn't the US.

Give it a rest Boges. This fairy act is just f'in' stupid. People stand on both memorials all the time. And all you're doing is perpetuating a gawd damn lie, in order to find some way of casting a pall on the protest.

"long game"...PFFT.

This is OVER! As far as I'm concerned, Trudeau and O'Toole can go F themselves. I wasted my voice last election to try to oust Li'l Pixie-Dust and the POS still got in. From now on, I vote my conscience.

Peoples Party of Canada!

Edited by Nationalist

23 minutes ago, West said:

Ya the Terry Fox thing is ridiculous considering the maskers went around putting masks on the statues last year and brought in trucks to tear them down

Indeed.

This lying and whining is par for the Libbie course.

They figure they can do it because...equity.

I'm at the end of my rope with these fools. Libbies...ya want your "equity"?

Come and get it.

• Like 1