Trucker's Convoy

West

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

cuck.

How I LOVE that word.  It sends up a flare that the person posting will be using 'special' language in the conversation ?

btw - if you want to let your wife play around isn't that 'freedom' ?  Not saying 'you' per se, or that I know anything about your personal situation or schedules ?

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

He is a smart guy and dead on. Anyone who equates the present restrictions with the actions of Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot is just demonstrating a total ignorance of history and a complete lack of perspective.

Yeah, I know, Godwin is a sacred figure to Progdom until somebody from that side of the aisle wants to notice how the happenings of today paralleled those of the days leading up to or during WW II. Then it's "Who's Godwin?"

But I do see why the ideology of Prog wouldn't like the comparisons in most cases.

Edited by Infidel Dog

On 1/29/2022 at 12:30 AM, Aristides said:

The truckers are having their convoy, no one is violating their civil rights and freedoms. In free countries, everyone gets an opinion, not just truckers. Polls give an idea what the majority thinks, that's all. 

A lot of the press is painting them as being lower than dog shit...they have taken a side and now using it to sway opinion.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

How I LOVE that word.  It sends up a flare that the person posting will be using 'special' language in the conversation ?

btw - if you want to let your wife play around isn't that 'freedom' ?  Not saying 'you' per se, or that I know anything about your personal situation or schedules ?

You know who else can like the word?

Cucks.

Or so I hear. And I think I understand why the weak or lame or easily used could be drawn to it. Kind of a 'Dress in leather. Spank my bum and call me Daddy' thing, I guess.

You tell me. Is that what it is?

Edited by Infidel Dog

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

A lot of the press is painting them ...

By reporting their behaviour... ok... ?

Listen I don't doubt the press is giving them a hard time but since they LIE anyway, are you really going to begrudge them for reporting ACTUAL events out of proportion ?   

Traffic cams were disabled so we couldn't see the 50,000 trucks... ?

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

By reporting their behaviour... ok... ?

Listen I don't doubt the press is giving them a hard time but since they LIE anyway, are you really going to begrudge them for reporting ACTUAL events out of proportion ?   

Traffic cams were disabled so we couldn't see the 50,000 trucks... ?

It's not about reporting their behavior,  it is swaying public opinion with lies.. or false news... i know you don't consider that good reporting...kind of puts them in the same category as the rebel news right... I was hoping for maybe better standards from a national media company....really builds trust with the public...

I'm all for calling out lies ... deceit on both sides...like the convoy is largely made up of racists, and white nationalist... because some of those that put it all together support the right wing... 

5 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

1. It's not about reporting their behavior,  it is swaying public opinion with lies.. or false news...  

2. I'm all for calling out lies ... deceit on both sides...

3. like the convoy is largely made up of racists, and white nationalist... 

1. So ... the Terry Fox statue didn't get defaced, they didn't confront soup kitchen employees, they didn't park on the cenotaph... the police are lying too ?
2. So do it...
3. I doubt you can find a mainstream news reports that says "largely" made up.  They choose their words carefully because there's a difference between:
- the leaders have made racist statements in the past (likely true)
- most of the truckers are racists (almost certainly untrue and unverifiable in any case)

18 minutes ago, West said:

Looks like the protestors will lay flowers at the tomb of the unknown soldier. 

How much you wanna bet the press lies and says it's people opposite the protest?

Getting upset about someone standing on the unknown soldiers tomb is just an excuse for someone to complain about or use as a tool for their side of this event.  The majority of Canadians don't give a rats ass about our nations soldier dead or alive or crippled. 

Where was the national disgust when someone took a dump on the same tomb, or when a young man pissed all over it in the middle of the day, or when a couple had sex on top of the Vimy monument,  nothing but crickets.

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Now we just have to get you to understand that if an infected person breathes on you they're just as likely to infect you whether they're vaccinated or not. Then we can do the math again to decide who's infecting whom.

and that's where you're not speaking based on fact or science.  You're just telling us what you prefer to think/believe.  

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So ... the Terry Fox statue didn't get defaced

Not exactly. I'll show you what defacement looks like so you can tell the difference. 

Here's what actual vandals did to the statue of the father of confederation:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1299787441998639104

Here's what the trucker crowd did to the statue of Terry:

Terry-Fox-statue.jpg

Dressed him up, took some selfies and cleaned him up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So ... the Terry Fox statue didn't get defaced, they didn't confront soup kitchen employees, they didn't park on the cenotaph... the police are lying too ?
2. So do it...
3. I doubt you can find a mainstream news reports that says "largely" made up.  They choose their words carefully because there's a difference between:
- the leaders have made racist statements in the past (likely true)
- most of the truckers are racists (almost certainly untrue and unverifiable in any case)

1. Yes the media covered that, nobody is denying any of that happened, there are assholes in every group ...nobody parked on the cenotaph it is impossible to get to it due to security reasons just like that one, maybe on the road next to... 

2. I have done it.

3. I was using Bubber new word of the day, see his source...

Have they made any during this convoy or stray in Ottawa, i guess once a racist always a racist has the overall message of the convoy been racist or in any way white nationalist.

I have heard plenty of times people in the convoy denouncing any racist behavior, and it has been reported that some organizers have laid out the rules of the convoy and any behavior of this type will not be tolerated 

The whole objective here is some of media are dictating the message swaying public opinion, becasue that is there job right... not report the news but to sway the opinion, thats Justins job

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

1. Yes the media covered that, nobody is denying any of that happened, there are assholes in every group ...nobody parked on the cenotaph it is impossible to get to it due to security reasons just like that one, maybe on the road next to... 

2. I have done it.

3.  The whole objective here is some of media are dictating the message swaying public opinion, becasue that is there job right... not report the news but to sway the opinion, thats Justins job

1. Right
2. Sorry I didn't see it
3.  I'm not denying that they're slanting the reporting and making it look negative but ... what lies now ?  I'm talking lies on a level of 50,000 trucks are entering Ontario etc.  Not qualitative observations that aren't verifiable.  Things like numbers are verifiable.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Right
2. Sorry I didn't see it
3.  I'm not denying that they're slanting the reporting and making it look negative but ... what lies now ?  I'm talking lies on a level of 50,000 trucks are entering Ontario etc.  Not qualitative observations that aren't verifiable.  Things like numbers are verifiable.

3. 100 % and the media did call them out, and who ever said that was lying and did their cause harm in doing so. but again was it organizers that mislead the media or some wingnut in a pick up truck, and a huge joint in his lips and beer in their hands. I mean a source is a source right...

I thought reporting meant reporting the facts in this case it is not but rather swaying public opinion , there is already a huge distrust with the media and the public i don't understand why it is alright to twist a story like that. the media is where we get most of our info to make decisions or judgements... but now that is being made for us.. 

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

1. 100 % and the media did call them out, and who ever said that was lying and did their cause harm in doing so. but again was it organizers that mislead the media or some wingnut in a pick up truck, and a huge joint in his lips and beer in their hands. I mean a source is a source right...

2. I thought reporting meant reporting the facts in this case it is not but rather swaying public opinion , there is already a huge distrust with the media and the public i don't understand why it is alright to twist a story like that. the media is where we get most of our info to make decisions or judgements... but now that is being made for us.. 

1. Tom Quiggin - not an organizer but definitely an associate of the organizers.  See Tweet below.  He writes and has appeared at events with Lich et al.

2. I acknowledge that reporting facts is essential and to report a falsehood is a lie.  I'm still looking for the 'lie' vs the admitted bias.  The distrust is also building with people who buy into traditional journalism who are getting sick of the 'both sides' style reporting that these things get (reference to Trump's Charlottesville comment not an implication of the protesters here)

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yeah, I know, Godwin is a sacred figure to Progdom until somebody from that side of the aisle wants to notice how the happenings of today paralleled those of the days leading up to or during WW II. Then it's "Who's Godwin?"

But I do see why the ideology of Prog wouldn't like the comparisons in most cases.

Like I said, you demonstrate a complete ignorance of history. 

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If you think that they weren't lying then say it.

Say that you believe that H2H wasn't happening.

Say that you think that they had good enough reason to say that H2H wasn't happening when they said it.

Say that you think that the virus came from a wet market, and that it was wildly conspiratorial and ban-worthy to suggest that the virus came from a BSL4 lab.

Just say those things blackbird.

Don't just say that you doubt me, tell me what you think was true. 

Do you think it's true that kids need a vaccine to survive void? Then say it.

@blackbird If you want to make the case that "the government/MSM didn't lie", then you need to make the case that some of the above things were true, or at least that there was sufficient reason to claim that they were the legitimate best guess. Do you get it? Otherwise you're just running your mouth.

So do you have something to actually say, or was "No, me think u lying" your best argument? C'mon blackbird, actually speak up, say something meaningful instead of just making baseless accusations.

And here's another fun fact. Remember the counter-intuitive claim that natural immunity supposedly sucked, so everyone had to get the jab? It was largely based on the anecdote of "the guy who recovered from covid and then got covid again and died."

Here's the CDC saying that natural immunity wasn't as good, from last summer: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

It was just another of the factors that all seemed to be railroading people towards the forced vax. And like the rest of them, it was also... *drumroll*... 100% wrong. Shocker. The actual fact is that natural immunity was 6x stronger than vaxing vs the delta wave: https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/cdc-report-natural-immunity-stronger-than-vaccines-alone-during-delta-wave/ 

So:

1) It turns out that the hospital staffers and truckers who wanted to rely on their natural immunity instead of vaxing were right.

2) As a result of this "incorrect info" [or perhaps, lie], a lot of people with natural immunity wound up being forced to get vaccinated, and aided in padding the 'vaxed' stats, along with the 5-30 yr olds. Weird how Dr Fauci, Dr Tam, Dr Bonnie Henry, the CDC et al made so many mistakes/decisions that helped Big Pharma. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That would be pretty ridiculous alright but of course that's why we have rules for the collective to follow as well.

The notion that government can remove your constitutional rights as a citizen and give some of them back to you if you agree to take any program of vaccinations that government deems suitable, and that you must carry around the proof of this to gain access to your remaining freedoms, is totalitarian.  Our governments are contravening our rights as citizens indefinitely.  When questioned or challenged, the government’s only response is to obey so we can get out of our crisis.  Our totalitarian policies are the crisis!

90% of us got vaccinated.  We carry the passports, yet our businesses are still put on hold and people are locked down.  We were told if we got vaccinated we could get rid of masks, yet we have interminable mask mandates.  The erosion, or rather, the overnight erasure of Canadian citizens’ rights is unjustifiable, totalitarian, and probably criminal.

Thank you to the truckers for taking a stand to restore the rights and freedoms of all Canadians.

I hope you can do it, because nothing else has worked.

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Individuals have to follow the rules of the collective whether or not it makes sense - this is known as law and order.  

The Nazis did just that followed the rules of the collective and extirpated the Jews.

I see where you are headed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So ... the Terry Fox statue didn't get defaced

No but this is what the pro-Trudea media wants you to believe.

Since nothing really violent happened they  are now grasping at straws.

Latest I heard, they say the demonstration shows "the power of disinformation"

Getting sick of the cesspool Canadian media is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cougar said:

The Nazis did just that followed the rules of the collective and extirpated the Jews.

I see where you are headed.

And can you believe that he said that people must follow whether or not it makes sense?   No, that’s the “I was just following orders” defence that failed at the Nuremberg trials.  We each have a moral obligation to do what we know is right.  In psychology we learn that the highest morality is that of the conscientious objector who, when faced with injustice, says, “No way!”  

58 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The notion that government can remove your constitutional rights as a citizen and give some of them back to you if you agree to take any program of vaccinations that government deems suitable, and that you must carry around the proof of this to gain access to your remaining freedoms, is totalitarian.

No it isn't, rounding people up imprisoning them without due process and torturing and killing them is totalitarian.  Get a grip.

• Thanks 2