Trucker's Convoy

West

It is time for law and order to be restored. Various governments must stop passing the balls to each other and get on with the job of restoring law and order. They are so openly breaking the law, occupying the Capital, blockading vital bridges, putting hundreds of thousands of Canadians out of work, funded by foreign saboteurs, disrupting the country. My message to Liberal government is STOP  being so Liberal. Enforce the damn law. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

The injunction has been granted and the time for leaving the Ambassador bridge was 7PM EST.  The protesters said they are going to join hands and not leave.   Penalty if charged and convicted is one year in prison and $100,000 fine.  Time's up.  Mob mentality has taken over.

Jail is where they belong.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The injunction has been granted and the time for leaving the Ambassador bridge was 7PM EST.  The protesters said they are going to join hands and not leave.   Penalty if charged and convicted is one year in prison and $100,000 fine.  Time's up.  Mob mentality has taken over.

On boy...Tiananmen Square! Perhaps they'll let you drive a tank.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No... Not with the low level of support we are talking about.  And now with no party behind it.

It’s my opinion, and not because of politics. Unlike you, I am not a conservative. Not partisan. Not that party anyway. What Marx said. Groucho, not Karl.

Back to Turdeau. I mis-spell his name out of disrespect, and he deserves it, my opinion. He’s shamed Canada, and does not understand Canada. He looks and sounds like pure elite.

Obviously he’s coloured his hair, but it’s too dark now. Makes his face real white. An he frown an scowl alot. His countenance hath fallen.

More to the point, he actually espoused hateful and divisive rhetoric in a speech to Canadians. It was repugnant towards people with special needs. And it does shock my conscience. 

Laws, yes

20 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This Liberal government will lose my vote in the next election unless they crack down hard on these saboteurs.

3 hours ago, cougar said:

Yeah, but can we not impeach him and just boot him out in favor of another liberal?

I don’t know. He’s too powerful and entrenched, with his family name.

Perfect example why no man should be elected when they come from a powerful political dynasty. There should be democratic limitations on PM’s power.

Exactly why we need a president, alongside the PM who has certain authority, not just one man. Sorry, idiot savant boy king.

Who sucks at boxing, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You have to separate the issues.  Of course most people and all parties want the blockades gone.  The majority of people also want pandemic measures to end.  The pandemic measures represent a suspension of our Charter rights.  So the question is, do we recognize that while the methods of the convoy are disruptive they provide powerful support for a policy change that most Canadians want and therefore have value, or do we simply ignore the important message and focus solely on ending the blockades by any means necessary?

Of course...the protests are meant to be as disruptive as possible, using the same methods espoused by the left for their own "social justice" causes.   Without disruption and economic pain points the message and focus is quickly lost, and no substantive change follows.    "This is what democracy looks like".

...An act of protest must directly speak to the act of oppression or violence which precipitated it. One example of this is the act of blocking road access in response to violence against the environment, which mirrors the way life as we know it would cease to function in the face of widespread climate change. Another example is the act of blocking parliament access for government workers, which reflects the way that the Canadian government hinders the political sovereignty of Indigenous nations. Through protesting in a manner that is similar to the injustices which have helped bring that protest into action, activists are able to remind the government and the public what it feels like to have rights, freedoms, and ways of life stripped away. Those who protest are in peril — that is why they are taking a stand — and it is important that they demonstrate the severity of their situation through the disruption of the status quo.

https://www.martlet.ca/why-disruptive-protests-are-the-protests-we-need/

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Funny from past protests I thought conservatives were strongly opposed to protests that damaged the economy and put people out of work.  I guess that’s only if the protesters are non white or something. Now they love them all of a sudden. Funny how things change. 

Yes we are opposed to Trudeau wrecking the economy and putting people out of work

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So you block the border and put thousands more out of work, quite likely bankrupting some companies that were finding it hard enough with Covid. Compassionate bunch.

So when the government does it its fine because mob rule. 

When people stick up for themselves they are at fault. 

Do I have thar right?

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Funny from past protests I thought conservatives were strongly opposed to protests that damaged the economy and put people out of work.  I guess that’s only if the protesters are non white or something. Now they love them all of a sudden. Funny how things change. 

That’s the bogus argument that keeps emerging, that somehow the convoy is a protest of the white privileged.  I think the idea is that if they can make these essential workers of all different ethnic backgrounds look like retrograde radicals and racists they can be discredited on that basis.  Guess who makes up a disproportionately large portion of the unvaccinated?  People of colour, poor, people with mental health issues — oh and a lot of feminists (“my body, my choice”).

The game of stereotyping and discrediting has to stop, because those little Charter rights that the truckers are fighting to protect are all about protecting minority rights.

I also find it ridiculous that the leader of the traditional party of the working class, the NDP, is looking down his nose at these protesters.  Who knew our left wing ruling coalition is run by elitist snobs?  The Liberals are no longer liberal and the NDP are no longer democratic.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just watch and see idiot Conservatives MPs in action.

The Conservatives have broken their own records in stupidity.

They ask the blue turban headed MP about the blockade of the bridges and he responds in ignorance what blockade of bridge!!!!!!!. What a total idiots we elect to our parliament!!!!. And the next Conservative MP is not much better.