Islamophobia in Canada

40 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

What's trolling? I mean you are actually calling it out this time, you must have an example we can all look at as to avoid said trolling.. Right? No?  Ok.

It's almost like Charles Anthony said, "The concentration of mind after we see what that portends will not leave a lot of interest in the political swamp."

On 03/02/2018 at 11:45 AM, GostHacked said:

What's trolling? I mean you are actually calling it out this time, you must have an example we can all look at as to avoid said trolling.. Right? No?  Ok.

PIK trolled   ... "fixed" your post.

Not allowed.

You're in the clear. B)

So ... this derailed thread is about Islamophobia . ..? 

On 2/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, jacee said:

PIK trolled   ... "fixed" your post.

Not allowed.

You're in the clear. B)

So ... this derailed thread is about Islamophobia . ..? 

Islamophobia is not even a word. The motion and any debate about it is fake. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PIK said:

Islamophobia is not even a word. The motion and any debate about it is fake. 

Just like the 6 dead Canadians... oops, sorry to offend you... Muslims... last year.  Nothing to worry about, unless you're asking somebody to say "Happy Holidays" then get out the flag and start bawling, everyone...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just like the 6 dead Canadians... oops, sorry to offend you... Muslims... last year.  Nothing to worry about, unless you're asking somebody to say "Happy Holidays" then get out the flag and start bawling, everyone...

Like I said ,it is not a word and all it does is divide the country even more. So I will ask you, why did he just pick  just Islam, why not all religion. It is to curry favour will them, that is all. Google Imam preaching hate in canada, it might shock you. I wonder what the Italians and greeks think with justin putting them in the same boat as returning ISIS fighters.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PIK said:

Google Imam preaching hate in canada, it might shock you.

Sorry, bub.  If you're not shocked with innocent Muslims getting gunned down enough to just accept a single damned word, then I have zero respect for your thoughts on this topic.  I'm not Googling anything.  You aren't part of this discussion as far as I am concerned, so step aside.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry, bub.  If you're not shocked with innocent Muslims getting gunned down enough to just accept a single damned word, then I have zero respect for your thoughts on this topic.  I'm not Googling anything.  You aren't part of this discussion as far as I am concerned, so step aside.

I say let the member express his views, as long as forum rules are not broken. You don't need to respect them of course, that is your choice. However...

"I Disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

... lest we descend into tyranny.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Micheal you should have seen this coming a mile away, this shooting maybe the first mass killing  but it will not be the last killing ....there is a growing hate on both sides of the fence, and it is going to spill onto the streets, and some weak minded retard is going to take action....our cultures are like oil and water they just don't mix very well, and this does not breed understanding it breeds mistrust and hate...we are not at that stage yet here in Canada, but Europe is turning that way, even the US in places like dearborn michigan, and even in Texas, people don't like change.... and it is going to get worse...

25 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

....there is a growing hate on both sides of the fence, and it is going to spill onto the streets, and some weak minded retard is going to take action.... 

I don't buy it.  There's nothing so immutable in human nature, and you can say that about any cultures in conflict.  Leaving aside the fact that some psycho did a mass killing and there's no rationality behind such things.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Micheal you should have seen this coming a mile away, this shooting maybe the first mass killing  but it will not be the last killing ....there is a growing hate on both sides of the fence, and it is going to spill onto the streets, and some weak minded retard is going to take action....our cultures are like oil and water they just don't mix very well, and this does not breed understanding it breeds mistrust and hate...we are not at that stage yet here in Canada, but Europe is turning that way, even the US in places like dearborn michigan, and even in Texas, people don't like change.... and it is going to get worse...

You still haven't seen anything yet - wait until fed-up North American right-wingers conclude Pinochet was on the right track when it came to doing anything about the real problem that's keeping us divided.  He probably just gave up to soon is all.

...and some weak minded retard is going to take action...

Some weak-minded retards have already suggested 2nd Amendment folks might have to take action.

Edited by eyeball

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

You still haven't seen anything yet - wait until fed-up North American right-wingers conclude Pinochet was on the right track when it came to doing anything about the real problem that's keeping us divided.  He probably just gave up to soon is all.

Some weak-minded retards have already suggested 2nd Amendment folks might have to take action.

Why will it only be right wingers? What makes you think you or MH are not as intolerant and extremist? You two shit your pants over anyone not agreeing with you. You can't fathom the possibility you are every bit extremist as any right winger you imagine.

The decision to invent the word Islamophobia with no definition, just a general open ended reference as to what it MIGHT include is bullshit. That is neither a left or right wing thing to say its a fact.

The decision to use an open ended ambiguous reference to single out one group's religion based on the death of 6 Muslims was reactionary. It was classic reactionary fascism implemented by Trudeau not a conservative to pander to fearful Muslims.

The kind of mental process that led the person to kill the 6 Muslims is no different at one level then MH's amd your reactionary extremist beliefs to anyone who disagrees with you as to how we can constructively discuss religious intolerance.

You two need to give you it a rest with your moral blowing.

What PIK and I and many have suggested is there is a way to discuss constructively and passionately and sensitively, hatred or ignorance or discrimination.

Knee jerk reactions with meaningless ambiguous references is bull shit. All it did was obscure what happened and its implications so a bunch of pathetic politicians could pander to Muslim votes in the next election. The meaningful discussion without phony reactionaries like you who would not know a Muslim if one bit you in the ass is taking place between inter-faith groups. It started long before you jumped on the bandwagon and will continue long after you move on to your next trendy cause of the day.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

Martin Luther King showed the way a long time ago how to deal with hatred. It requires groups come together to share common goals not single out hatred in different categories and then enter into pissing contests as to whose discrimination is more serious. That is what I and PIK and many others have argued and will continue to argue. If some of you leftist high almighty moral guardians of the galaxy don't get that who gives a shit. I stand by PIK's words. You want to censor him because you disagree with him, kiss my coalition butt.

22 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't buy it.  There's nothing so immutable in human nature, and you can say that about any cultures in conflict.  Leaving aside the fact that some psycho did a mass killing and there's no rationality behind such things.

What do you think pushed this young french men into killing 6 people.....it was not a random act of violence....it was planned , thought out way in advance, WHY....not because he loved muslims...look at europe , and what is happening .....the violence is just starting....

20 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

What do you think pushed this young french men into killing 6 people.....it was not a random act of violence....it was planned , thought out way in advance, WHY..

Uh, because he was crazy? I mean, after he did it he called the police to confess because he felt guilty...

28 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

What do you think pushed this young french men into killing 6 people.....it was not a random act of violence....it was planned , thought out way in advance, WHY....not because he loved muslims...look at europe , and what is happening .....the violence is just starting....

Thats what worries me too.  

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

ya i'd say crazy as well, but something pushed him over his limit, drove him in that direction..

Access to far-right sites seems to have been a factor, but I'd guess other things as well.  It seems he fit a profile; not popular with his peers, bullied in school, somewhat isolated.

On 07/02/2018 at 6:50 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I like to hear opposing views but not views reflecting xenophobia and selfishness.  People like that are downright un-Canadian, IMO.

Call me cynical if you wish, but my view is that MOST people are that way. Even immigrants themselves are xenophobic, not to mention old-school "whites", who live in thousands of small towns across Canada. In fact the majority of Canadians live in small towns of just a few thousand people, in places where they don't often see, nor like, non-whites.
Adding up the population of big urban centres:
Toronto GTA - 5.8 M
Montreal - 1.7 M
Calgary - 1.3 M
Ottawa - 950 k
Edmonton - 865 k
Vancouver - 650 k
QC - 540 k
Throw in a few more, and you have maybe a total of 15 M. Canada's population is 36 M. Thus, some 21 million or so, about 58% live in small towns. That's yer Canada.
And while xenophobia might be more prevalent in small, isolated towns, "selfishness" exists in both urban and rural cultures. In fact, selfishness might be more prevalent in big cities. Small town folk are known to look after their neighbours.

I suggest your concept of what is un-Canadian stems from your personal bias. Reality is far uglier, and ideas such as tolerance and selflessness far more rare.
In short, everyone I meet is an asshole.

9 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I suggest your concept of what is un-Canadian stems from your personal bias

Maybe, but is anybody going to step up and saying prejudice and selfishness is Canadian ?

As for personal bias, rattling off a list of cities and their populations, then saying xenophobia might be more prevalent and small towns and selfishness in cities - without any cite - is an actual expression of bias.