Islamophobia in Canada

Just a couple of days ago, a group of racist hateful lazy thinkers took it upon themselves to set fire to a mosque in Ontario.

Today, a Muslim woman, on her way to pick up her kids from school, was jumped and beaten and told to go back to her country.

In Quebec, someone posted a video declaring that one Arab a week will be killed.

Simple people need the narrative to be made simple, so they can feel like they understand the situation. Their laziness prevents them from exploring who they are fearing. Usually they're too lazy and too conditioned to change their minds by looking at the facts, so they repeat the same misinformation that is fed to them. For these people, it's a lot easier when they can go into the "us vs them", "black vs white", and "Muslims vs West" mode rather than examining a complicated and multi-faceted situation.

It's time for the quiet majority to speak out against these ignorant loud minority. The more we allow them to repeat their hate, the more it will become acceptable. The next time someone makes a racist or bigoted comment, call them on it. They need to be confronted.

Yeah, it's not as bad as the infidelophobia in some other parts of the world, but it does show that there are some a****oles in Canada. Thankfully the majority of the population, just like the majority of Muslims, are not that bad.

Today I was in town getting some repairs down to my truck, had a chance to talk to a lot of different people in the dealership.....these people are now second guessing our nation intent about letting 25,000 Syrians in the country.....you call them lazy haters.....you say they are repeating misinformation....was Paris misinformation, was the downing of a Russian plane misinformation, ........was the fact that one of those men had been screened by the UN, and let into Europe....the new is full of information every night....most of it is not misinformation.....but fact....

Today I was in town getting some repairs down to my truck, had a chance to talk to a lot of different people in the dealership.....these people are now second guessing our nation intent about letting 25,000 Syrians in the country.....you call them lazy haters.....you say they are repeating misinformation....was Paris misinformation, was the downing of a Russian plane misinformation, ........was the fact that one of those men had been screened by the UN, and let into Europe....the new is full of information every night....most of it is not misinformation.....but fact....

The more people are afraid and respond with wanting to reject refugees, burning a mosque, or beating up Muslim women, the more successful Daesh is. Doesn't even matter how accurate the news is, if it succeeds in sowing fear and mistrust, we lose and they win.

CTV and CBC both have reported that one of the dead terrorist had a Syrian passport and was reported to have been omitted to Greece through and with the refugees.....UN does the pre screening does it not.....unless you have a source that states something else....

I get it, suck it up butter cup.....put a brave face on so we don't look weak in front a bunch of terrorist.....personally I don't give a rat ass what they think, they have already long ago decided what that is.....nothing the west does or does not do will change that.....Canadian citizens are concerned about bring 25,000 refugees to this country.....can you blame them.....everyone of us has a TV , violence is on every night, with the prime bad guys being Muslim terrorists.....

I don't agree what those young punks did to that women or mosque.....that was a cowardly attack....But telling all Canadians to suck it up is bull shit....the majority is changings its mind about them coming here.....time to face that issue.....

The more people are afraid and respond with wanting to reject refugees, burning a mosque, or beating up Muslim women, the more successful Daesh is. Doesn't even matter how accurate the news is, if it succeeds in sowing fear and mistrust, we lose and they win.

Win and lose what exactly?

ETA - I did not quote because I thought I'm posting after Army Guy, but my post was directed to him...

Most of the attackers on 11/13 were European nationals. There were 20 arrests since and nothing I find says they were Syrian refugees. Could it be possible that the Syrian refugee got involved with the homegrown terrorists and did not come here specifically to fight?

Edited by BC_chick

ETA - I did not quote because I thought I'm posting after Army Guy, but my post was directed to him...

Most of the attackers on 11/13 were European nationals. There were 20 arrests since and nothing I find says they were Syrian refugees. Could it be possible that the Syrian refugee got involved with the homegrown terrorists and did not come here specifically to fight?

So, what you're saying is that these muslims already have cells set-up in top european cities. That's reassuring!

So, what you're saying is that these muslims already have cells set-up in top european cities. That's reassuring!

I'm sure they have cells in Canada too. I'm sure I'm a lot more likely to be killed by another white person too.

...and probably someone who knows you.

Yes. The reality is, the chance of dying in a terrorist incident in Canada is infinitesimal. Two Canadians have suffered that unfortunate fate in the last year, and neither of them were civilians. I'm probably more likely to be hit by a bus.

Now, again, that doesn't mean I don't take the possibility seriously. It's just a very remote possibility, even with 25K more Syrians in country.

Every one of those 130 odd people in Paris had a bigger chance of getting hit by a bus too, but that didn't happen. What happened is that they went to a rock concert and got their heads blown off.

I'm not afraid of terrorists, in fact, with the work I do, i am pretty sure the odds are that I'll die at work or travelling to work. But, somebody (maybe many) will die in Canada from a terrorist attack.

I get it, suck it up butter cup.....put a brave face on so we don't look weak in front a bunch of terrorist.....personally I don't give a rat ass what they think, they have already long ago decided what that is.....nothing the west does or does not do will change that.....Canadian citizens are concerned about bring 25,000 refugees to this country.....can you blame them.....everyone of us has a TV , violence is on every night, with the prime bad guys being Muslim terrorists.....

I don't agree what those young punks did to that women or mosque.....that was a cowardly attack....But telling all Canadians to suck it up is bull shit....the majority is changings its mind about them coming here.....time to face that issue.....

The time for that was over 15 years ago when it was pointed out that the world would become a more fearful place as a result of a militarized response to terror.

Suck it up is an entirely appropriate suggestion.

I get it, suck it up butter cup.....put a brave face on so we don't look weak in front a bunch of terrorist.....personally I don't give a rat ass what they think, they have already long ago decided what that is.....

You don't care who thinks what? Terrorists? Muslims? Do you not get the difference and the point of this thread?

While you're being challenged to think; Aren't you one of the people who have tried to sell the wars the West has engaged in the Middle East? The wars that have helped to fuel extremism and terrorism?

I hold warmongers just as responsible as the terrorists for these attacks on innocent people.

You don't care who thinks what? Terrorists? Muslims? Do you not get the difference and the point of this thread?

While you're being challenged to think; Aren't you one of the people who have tried to sell the wars the West has engaged in the Middle East? The wars that have helped to fuel extremism and terrorism?

I hold warmongers just as responsible as the terrorists for these attacks on innocent people.

Of course, because that would be the indiscriminate thing to do. You're a good person for not discriminating against muslims.

You're a good person for not discriminating against muslims.

I am open minded enough and aware enough to understand that Muslims are not terrorists. I don't think it's a sign of being smart for understanding that but I do think anyone who does believe that Muslims are terrorists is simple.

Those who order wars and the people who support them are at the same level as terrorists and their sympathizers. Both actions terrorize and kill innocent people. A killed or a terrorized person in France is worth the same as a killed or terrorized person in Syria or Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Yemen, etc.

And another problem is posts like this that lump Canadian's concern about a reckless refugee program in with burning mosques and beating of Muslim women. Why do those on the left always feel the need to introduce an element of untruth to bolster their arguments. No point in trying to have an intelligent conversation about it when one side is always driving the propaganda.

Edited by Smoke

These idiot cowards (and those who attack a woman is by far below a coward) are playing into the hands of the terrorists because that is exactly what they intend to cause hate, war, and instability. I am not sure what Army guy is trying to justify. A bunch of terrorists attacked Paris and then a woman who has nothing t do with the terrorists and just because she may belong to same faith should be randomly picked and attacked?????? Is this the justification?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015