Islamophobia in Canada

I reserve the right to tell racists and Islamaphobes to take a hike.  If it hurts your feelings then go find a website that builds you up and compliments you.  If you don't like me saying this, also, then you can go away.

This is a time for Canadians to unite, not divide.  I will only divide the divisors.  I like math.

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe, but is anybody going to step up and saying prejudice and selfishness is Canadian ?

That's your opinion.  What's prejudice and selfishness to you....isn't, to others.   However.....

.......suppressing others' opinion, is definitely un-Canadian. 

I surely hate to think that it's now Canadian to be so self-centered to think that everything should revolve around you.

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I reserve the right to tell racists and Islamaphobes to take a hike. 

Yes you do.....same right we have in  telling  idiots - or anyone we don't agree with - the same thing too.  

Edited by betsy

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I reserve the right to tell racists and Islamaphobes to take a hike.  If it hurts your feelings then go find a website that builds you up and compliments you.  If you don't like me saying this, also, then you can go away.

In a forum, telling someone to take a hike, isn't exactly the same as saying you want something you don't want to be said......to be said, FAR AWAY FROM YOU.  Like as if you've got some kind of authority over others.

If you react so strongly to an opinion......you're the one who has the problem!  You can't handle yourself well in a forum like this.

I'd say, the onus is on you to go away.  Create your own forum.....or go back and revive your club! 

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe, but is anybody going to step up and saying prejudice and selfishness is Canadian ?

As for personal bias, rattling off a list of cities and their populations, then saying xenophobia might be more prevalent and small towns and selfishness in cities - without any cite - is an actual expression of bias.

Yes I agree, and this is social science, not the same as physics so finding a cite is not that relevant. Hence my use of the term "might", which I purposefully insert wherever i know I am just giving an opinion. One must be very precise in the use of words.

But if you feel more comfortable with the use of cites, I'm sure I can find some. Simple google search, Xenophobia urban versus rural

Racism in Rural Areas
Study for the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC)

New poll of rural Americans shows deep cultural divide with urban Residents
“Being from a rural area, everyone looks out for each other,” said Ryan Lawson, who grew up in northern Wisconsin. “People, in my experience, in cities are not as compassionate toward their neighbor as people in rural parts.”
and,
Rural residents are nearly three times as likely (42 percent) as people in cities (16 percent) to say that immigrants are a burden on the country.

Now do you understand why I "rattled off a list of cities and their populations"?

Edited by OftenWrong
formatting

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The hangup is in what certain people identify as prejudice and selfishness, since both of these are also entirely subjective judgements.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is a time for Canadians to unite, not divide.  I will only divide the divisors.  I like math.

You seem to be making imperial edict type pronouncements that anyone who doesn't believe and feel as you do is a virtual non-person. That sounds rather more divisive than uniting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Rural residents are nearly three times as likely (42 percent) as people in cities (16 percent) to say that immigrants are a burden on the country.

Now do you understand why I "rattled off a list of cities and their populations"?

Given the population of our major cities can be made up of 50% immigrants, and given such polls don't ask only Canadian-born to answer questions, don't you think using how rural people feel about immigrants and comparing it to a population of 50% immigrants is a little unscientific?

I mean, 51% of Toronto is foreign born. Another large percentage were born here TO those foreign born people. So expecting Toronto to have a lot of people who say immigrants are a burden is crazy. That does NOT suggest all those people are not as racist or perhaps more racist than the rural people. Ask an immigrant about people of other ethnicities and religions sometimes and you often get the kind of bald racist response most Canadian born are too wary of saying to a stranger.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

You seem to be making imperial edict type pronouncements that anyone who doesn't believe and feel as you do is a virtual non-person. That sounds rather more divisive than uniting.

Yes, unfortunately we have to draw a line.  People who don't respect who is included as Canadian despite legal definitions would be excluded in my view.

The hangup is in what certain people identify as prejudice and selfishness, since both of these are also entirely subjective judgements.

Of course.  So are adjectives like "true", "North", "strong", "free"

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, unfortunately we have to draw a line.  People who don't respect who is included as Canadian despite legal definitions would be excluded in my view.

Of course.  So are adjectives like "true", "North", "strong", "free"

True is not subjective, or shouldn't be. North is a simple fact, and comparison, as are strong and free.
Drawing lines for ideological reasons - except in the extremes - is of the same mentality that draws lines due to ethnicity. However, it would certainly be compatible with the current feelings of the united states congress.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Ask an immigrant about people of other ethnicities and religions sometimes and you often get the kind of bald racist response most Canadian born are too wary of saying to a stranger.

I alluded to that when I said "Even immigrants themselves are xenophobic". So I have already covered that point.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

In short, everyone I meet is an asshole.

I find that the majority of people I meet are fairly nice.

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

“Being from a rural area, everyone looks out for each other,” said Ryan Lawson, who grew up in northern Wisconsin. “People, in my experience, in cities are not as compassionate toward their neighbor as people in rural parts.

The biggest difference I have found between urban and rural areas is that in rural areas you run into the same people far more often so more of your casual meetings are with people you are familiar with - period. It has absolutely nothing to do with compassion.

18 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

The biggest difference I have found between urban and rural areas is that in rural areas you run into the same people far more often so more of your casual meetings are with people you are familiar with - period. It has absolutely nothing to do with compassion.

Familiarity breeds contempt.  So does the unknown.  This is why rural people still fight over a stolen cow from the 1800s, and are suspicious of people from Toronto as well as foreigners and hipsters too.

Everybody I meet is super nice.

14 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I find that the majority of people I meet are fairly nice.

I found life in several small towns not very comfortable.  My free spiritedness did not fit well with the prevailing conservative social attitudes so I didn't qualify for neighborly support.  When I moved to the city, I found a lot more support from people than I did in small town BC.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:31 PM, ?Impact said:

Where did I say I supported special treatment?

Well, the police have not yet charged the mother for mischief although Ezra Levant has a petition going to have the police charge her for reporting a made up crime. It looks so far that the mother is being treated with special Muslim treatment gloves. If you did what she did I have no doubt that the police would charge you for mischief a criminal code offence. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, the police have not yet charged the mother for mischief although Ezra Levant has a petition going to have the police charge her for reporting a made up crime. It looks so far that the mother is being treated with special Muslim treatment gloves. If you did what she did I have no doubt that the police would charge you for mischief a criminal code offence. 

Islam will always get special treatment due to its threat of using violence to get its way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam will always get special treatment due to its threat of using violence to get its way.

We can only thank multiculturalism for this. Canada is encouraging non-assimilation by these Muslims by catering to pretty much anything they ask for. Don't you dare try to go to some of those Islamic countries and try to promote Christianity. You could get your head chopped off. At one time many decades ago Canada had politicians who would not put up with this kind of bs Muslim nonsense that goes on today. Today our Canadian politically correct multicultural politicians appear to be more interested in promoting foreign third world cultures and religions in Canada and appear to have lost any pride that they may have had one time for their white roots in Canada that is if they had any at all.

To mix dozens of different cultures, languages, traditions and religions into a country is a recipe for disaster. Host Canadians are being forced to have to support their eventual destruction of themselves and their country is so bloody stupid. In time when the Caucasian people do become the minority in Canada will be the day when those foreign cultures will show their disdain for white Canada. Shut up whitey and sit down and be quiet will become the norm of the day. This is Canada don't you know. We aim to please. Hey, you never know. 

39 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

PS: Just wait until they become a bigger percentage of the population from what they are today. Then Canada may see violence like we have never seen before. Only time will tell. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, taxme said:

PS: Just wait until they become a bigger percentage of the population from what they are today. Then Canada may see violence like we have never seen before. Only time will tell. 

I agree. Once Islam hits about 10% of the population, out come the knives...so to speak.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 2:15 PM, ?Impact said:

I am sure every hillbilly in the country has signed that they ran out of X ink.

The only people that are signing that petition are people who are fed up with liars like her that make false racist accusations and waste taxpayer's tax dollars and police time. False racist accusations are giving too much time by the liberal fake and phony Canadian media, especially that waste of tax dollars the CBC. The CBC is always on the look out for a juicy racist story. They go ballistic like they did on this false incident. It was nice to see the CBC being made a fool of. The CBC deserved it, the fools. Maybe next time they will wait for the police investigation to be completed. 

I am pretty sure that every bleeding heart intolerant non-bigoted liberal out there were asking everyone to please forgive her. She was just not with it that day. Poor thing. :rolleyes:  Now why don't you try the same thing yourself and let's see what happens to you? 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, ?Impact said:

I am sure every hillbilly in the country has signed that they ran out of X ink.

There were an awful lot of 'hillbillies' on parliament hill yesterday angry about this. Oddly, most of them seemed to be... what was that new politically correct euphemism Dalhousie has imagined... racially visible.

• Like 1

If the belligerence towards other people on display around here is anything to go by Caucasians are sure putting the lie to the idea that the next generation of immigrants usually assimilate and integrate well with other immigrants into Canadian culture.  3 - 4 generations on and many still seem to insist on not getting with the program.

51 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If the belligerence towards other people on display around here is anything to go by Caucasians are sure putting the lie to the idea that the next generation of immigrants usually assimilate and integrate well with other immigrants into Canadian culture.  3 - 4 generations on and many still seem to insist on not getting with the program.

Islam is a religion and a political doctrine. It isn't a skin colour nor race of people.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

So why is it that new immigrants cannot start to assimilate right away and be done with it and not wait for generations later to do so?  Do some of these new immigrants really want to assimilate? I don't think so. Why would they when you have enough numbers to not have to worry about trying to assimilate. Asians and East Indians for examples have their own TV and radio stations. They have their own schools and newspapers and cultural centers. They have their own places of worship and run their businesses pretty much in their own languages. They are even giving plenty of tax dollars to help them promote their multicultural culture and heritage. That is enough incentive alone to not want to assimilate. Having to learn English is but a minor inconvenience for them to have to learn. Why get with the program when you don't have to? And they do not have to anymore thanks to our non-patriotic politically correct politicians.