Trucker's Convoy

West

47 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, the reason Trudeau and his elitist entitled friends denigrate the thousands of normal working parents and children who protested cruel, protracted, unconstitutional restrictions and mandates is that he looks down on ordinary people.  

I've little to nothing good to say about Trudeau but I'm not so blinded by self-righteousness and identity politics to conclude by rote that everything he does is bad.  

40 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I've little to nothing good to say about Trudeau but I'm not so blinded by self-righteousness and identity politics to conclude by rote that everything he does is bad.  

I think he’s half conscious of the impact of his policies and rhetoric.  His carbon taxes have hammered truckers’ livelihoods.  Builders and small farmers are also deeply impacted.  His regulations and identity politics have hurt resource development in irreversible ways.  For what, to look like a climate activist on the world stage?  The tone of harsh mandates and lockdowns, while provincially implemented, was set federally.  How many businesses were lost?  The social-emotional deprivations and gaps in student learning are so deep and wide.

The overall message that Trudeau telegraphed to truckers is dismissive and accusatory.  It’s the hallmark of a self-satisfied out of touch elitist who has been in power too long and doesn’t think much of the laws and constitution that he’s supposed to uphold.

I realize now that the Wilson-Reybould affair was another example of his dictatorial and unlawful bent, even though I wanted a Canadian engineering firm to enjoy the same bargains that the companies of some other countries enjoy.  I think the words are arbitrary and overbearing, which is how I’d describe current Canadian pandemic measures.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

The far right is trying to bring down the democratically elected Trudeau government not through ballet boxes but by violence and intimidations. Canadians are aware of these plots and are watching the protest with disgust as it develops and will back Trudeau. In fact the whole incident will raise Trudeau's popularity and only show the true face of far right and those who support them. PPC will get less votes in the next election and same with O'Toole or whoever takes over after he is kicked out by its own party.

The people of Ottawa are fed up with their city under occupation so it is time to go home.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I have said before I understand why people don't like Trudeau.  I don't like him either and I agree with a bunch of your points.  There's a reason he's not particularly popular and he gets mocked so much. 

It's when you get into the nonsense about the Law and the Constitution that your points start to crumble.  The Law is reasoning-based and the Constitution codifies (not always precisely) some basic principles.  You can't just keep referring to the Constitution as some sacred ideal you're trying to uphold.  It doesn't work that way. 

Explain where you think the Law or the Constitution are being violated.  It's not enough to just say, "Vaccine mandates are unconstitutional." How?  What Section of the Constitution is being violated?  Until you can articulate that, your appeals to Law and Constitution are just more sloganeering.  

Edited by Moonbox

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The far right is trying to bring down the democratically elected Trudeau government not through ballet boxes but by violence and intimidations. Canadians are aware of these plots and are watching the protest with disgust as it develops and will back Trudeau. In fact the whole incident will raise Trudeau's popularity and only show the true face of far right and those who support them. PPC will get less votes in the next election and same with O'Toole or whoever takes over after he is kicked out by its own party.

The people of Ottawa are fed up with their city under occupation so it is time to go home.

This whole post is nothing but nonsense.  Some people spend most of their lives in various kinds of fear.  These types are the easiest to manipulate.  You should immediately stop consuming every type of media for 21 days.  Cut down on sugar and junk food at the same time.

Go for long walks even inside a mall if you have to.  After 3 weeks turn on some main stream media and you will be repulsed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

This whole post is nothing but nonsense.  Some people spend most of their lives in various kinds of fear.  These types are the easiest to manipulate.  You should immediately stop consuming every type of media for 21 days.  Cut down on sugar and junk food at the same time.

Go for long walks even inside a mall if you have to.  After 3 weeks turn on some main stream media and you will be repulsed. 

Got to watch those far right Hutterites especially. They'll feed you to death. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I have said before I understand why people don't like Trudeau.  I don't like him either and I agree with a bunch of your points.  There's a reason he's not particularly popular and he gets mocked so much. 

It's when you get into the nonsense about the Law and the Constitution that your points start to crumble.  The Law is reasoning-based and the Constitution codifies (not always precisely) some basic principles.  You can't just keep referring to the Constitution as some sacred ideal you're trying to uphold.  It doesn't work that way. 

Explain where you think the Law or the Constitution are being violated.  It's not enough to just say, "Vaccine mandates are unconstitutional." How?  What Section of the Constitution is being violated?  Until you can articulate that, your appeals to Law and Constitution are just more sloganeering.  

It may not matter that the constitution is being violated, since there must be times when a constitution needs to be overridden, as during national emergencies or under a war measures act. But these are supposed to be temporary measures.

The Covid emergency, while it allows the government to impose emergency measures doesn't seem to have an exit plan. There is no mechanism for removing the emergency measures, and it doesn't seem like our government is willing to relinquish control. Instead they are presenting an expanding and ever-changing system of vaccine mandates and boosters, and rule changes to the point we cannot understand the rules any more. It's classic government bungling and overreach.

That's why there has to be some pushback from people to persuade the government to kindly back off. The more people who get on board the better. There must be a lot of support, given the amount of funding they've received.

• Like 2

Denmark is lifting all Covid restrictions including mask mandates. Will Canada be the dead last one, among peer countries?

First health governments pumped fear and anxiety for two years non stop. Now they are claiming that "population isn't ready". That's rule by propaganda. This what authoritarians do.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, myata said:

Denmark is lifting all Covid restrictions including mask mandates. Will Canada be the dead last one, among peer countries?

First health governments pumped fear and anxiety for two years non stop. Now they are claiming that "population isn't ready". That's rule by propaganda. This what authoritarians do.

One day (if you have any brains at all) you will realize the obvious: it was a public health crisis and the people charged with containing it tried to do their jobs. 

11 hours ago, Moonbox said:

You completely missed the whole point of the reference, proving exactly what I was saying.  You're whining that the freedom convoy is being unfairly painted due to agitators present in the protest, but then gleefully fall back into hyperbole and commit the same offenses when I brought up BLM.  Your myopic hypocrisy was predictable and that's why I brought up BLM in the first place.  I've never discussed this matter with you before, but I was 90% certain it would trigger a silly rant like the one quoted.  

The reason so few Canadians care about the freedom convoy and why it has so little broad support is because it's a giant tantrum and full of folks who communicate and reason like you do here.  

You should have saved your typing here. You tried to compare a purely racist and communist organization to all white men.

People who engage in such racial discrimination need to be identified and labeled as potential terrorists.

Have a warm and fuzzy day. 

8 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

ROFLMAO!

UMMM...NO!

17 minutes ago, myata said:

Never, at any time the risk to the general population was anywhere close to justifying draconian, arbitrary and authoritarian restrictions. China did it though, successfully too. They say.

According to the consensus within the scientific community, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. 

31 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Of course, it was a big if.

A MASSIVE "if".

Once we had numbers for The Rona, we knew the danger. Really old folks and fat people, in general, were at serious risk. All people of working age had very low risk and kids statistically had no risk.

Yet we let the government, the media and the corporate giants, convince us to be scared and lock us up.

The government got power...the media got money...and the corporations got a reduction in competition from small business. 

THAT...is the real truth of the matter...

And the bottom line.!

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

A MASSIVE "if".

Once we had numbers for The Rona, we knew the danger. Really old folks and fat people, in general, were at serious risk. All people of working age had very low risk and kids statistically had no risk.

And the bottom line.!

And if they had allowed it to spread unfettered and you suffered from it, you would have been the first screaming bloody murder that they did nothing to protect you. 

And the more you say, the more you expose your ignorance.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

A MASSIVE "if".

Yet we let the government, the media and the corporate giants, convince us to be scared and lock us up.

The government got power...the media got money...and the corporations got a reduction in competition from small business. 

And the bottom line.!

The government didn't impose restrictions to save lives, but to try to save the health care system.  Why is that fact never acknowledged or addressed by those who complain about restrictions.  

Also, it doesn't speak well of you to dismiss ~30% of the population as if their lives were less important than going to a restaurant or a gym.