Trucker's Convoy

West

16 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I believe this, too.

While other countries are opening up, Canada is locking down even further because we have too many citizens "not psychologically ready" enough to rejoin society. ?

Lock downs are provincial jurisdiction. Blame Trudeau for everything!!!!!

Yes this citizen is not ready to rejoin the society when tens of thousands of citizens are infected every single day and hundreds dying. Not without a mask anyways or attend a public place when a proportion may not be wearing masks and subjecting me to her or his virus. Most of citizens share the same view. We all want this damned pandemic and restrictions end but not at the cost of many lives.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

37 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The persistent mandate of indoor masking in Canada is another sad feature of our current state.  All but 5 US states have dropped this.  Not Canada.  Lockdowns and masking are normalized here.  People and businesses have suffered deeply and perhaps irreparably.  

All this does is enforce the idea that people are dirty. Germ carriers. Don't touch anyone.

As far as I'm concerned, this sort of crapola is evil.

9 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes this citizen is not ready to rejoin the society when tens of thousands of citizens are infected every single day and hundreds dying. Not without a mask anyways or attend a public place when a proportion may not be wearing masks and subjecting me to her or his virus. Most of citizens share the same view. We all want this damned pandemic and restrictions end but not at the cost of many lives.

It’s not hundreds of deaths a day.  Covid isn’t going away.  Calm down, wear your mask and get your shots, stay home and away from people if it makes you feel better.  Perhaps see someone about your anxiety.   At the same time, don’t demand that everyone else does what you do.  I’m triple-vaccinated but I want rid of masks, screening, and vaccine passports.  I think such mandates and restrictions are unjustified and unethical.  There are ample protections for the vulnerable and good treatment if your vaccinated self gets Omicron, which is like a cold or flu for the vast majority of people.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Oh my gawd

Please get psychological help.

17 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That's the problem. Freedoms have to be part of the conversation.  You don't ban cars because of deaths.

One of the things I'm hearing alot - the Convoy has really proven to people the poor state of our media and how badly we are being lied to.

Tens of thousands of people are there, everybody is filming and being filmed.  Those videos are being shared everywhere around the world.

It's increasingly obvious that the actual demonstration is nothing like what is being portrayed in the media.

We've been lied to for over 2 years.  A lot of people see that now.

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

One of the things I'm hearing alot - the Convoy has really proven to people the poor state of our media and how badly we are being lied to.

Tens of thousands of people are there, everybody is filming and being filmed.  Those videos are being shared everywhere around the world.

It's increasingly obvious that the actual demonstration is nothing like what is being portrayed in the media.

We've been lied to for over 2 years.  A lot of people see that now.

CNN use to claim that Donald Trump rallies had hundreds of people, when the fact was like 10,000.  The media just lie.  

I don't know who posted it, but there was a video from last night - the area was totally quiet.  Dark  Right in front of the parliament building.   An indigenous woman was singing and drumming.  Another man had an instrument like a maraca(?) and another man was waving a flag of resistance.

It was really beautiful.

Midnight in Ottawa at the Freedom Convoy that the media is talking about like it's a white supremacist's free-for-all.

People see it.  The honest ones do anyways.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau thinks it’s up to him to bestow freedom.  He’s an obstacle to our Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  

The Charter is largely ignored.  I mean since when do we have free speech rights?  Parliament just pushed through a bill to stop anyone from trying to talk someone who is gay not to be.

38 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

.  I think such mandates and restrictions are unjustified and unethical.  There are ample protections for the vulnerable and good treatment if your vaccinated self gets Omicron, which is like a cold or flu for the vast majority of people.  

You are misleading the public when you claim Covid is like cold or flu and this is dangerous.  Just yesterday in one day in Ontario alone 32 people died of Covid Omicron.  Did the same number of people died of cold and flu in Ontario just yesterday?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

27 minutes ago, Faramir said:

That's the problem. Freedoms have to be part of the conversation.  You don't ban cars because of deaths.

Yes you ban them if they are speeding or drive under influence or recklessly. Same with Covid. You ban them if they come to indoor places unmasked when tens of thousands of people are infected every day and many die. even WITH all the intolerable restrictions that we have right now.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

15 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are misleading the public when you claim Covid is like cold or flu and this is dangerous.  Just yesterday in one day in Ontario alone 32 people died of Covid Omicron.  Did the same number of people died of cold and flu in Ontario just yesterday?

Still the numbers are small for worldwide pandemic.  And considering that it is killing mostly those that would have died soon anyways.

4 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are misleading the public when you claim Covid is like cold or flu and this is dangerous.  Just yesterday in one day in Ontario alone 32 people died of Covid Omicron. 

It's been posted here before, a few times but:

In the last 2 years, the same number of people died from covid per year, as the number of people who normally die from the flu in any given year.  The same demographic, too.

In the last 2 years, world population has INCREASED in roughly the same amount it increases every year.

11 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes you ban them if they are speeding or drive under influence or recklessly. Same with Covid. You ban them if they come to indoor places unmasked when tens of thousands of people are infected every day and many die. even WITH all the intolerable restrictions that we have right now.

I'm still saying GROWN ADULTS know we have to balance freedom with public health policy.  This public health event is kind of a global non event, despite the media fear mongering.  On an annual basis it has killed less than 1/0th of 1 percent - not the 2% they were calling for.  Fine, I will wear the stupid face diaper.  And I got vaccinated so I can feed my kids.  We just have given so much freedom away for a nothing burger.

6 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Still the numbers are small for worldwide pandemic.  And considering that it is killing mostly those that would have died soon anyways.

That is because we have all these restrictions in place. Your last sentence is not true and is horrible to say if they are going to die soon then let them die.

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's been posted here before, a few times but:

In the last 2 years, the same number of people died from covid per year, as the number of people who normally die from the flu in any given year.  The same demographic, too.

In the last 2 years, world population has INCREASED in roughly the same amount it increases every year.

Not sure where you got your statistics BUT LIFE EXPECTANCY FELL IN CANADA FOR FIRST TIME because of Covid and mamy who died were of younger age.

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That is because we have all these restrictions in place. Your last sentence is not true and is horrible to say if they are going to die soon then let them die.

Oh yes you claim that NOW.  They said 2% would die. period. But now are backtracking to claim they never said that.  Funny where do you log in to get the daily leftist talking points?  Who is your mentor. Chairman pant suits?  And I bet you believe we need to use NATO to stop Putin?  And that China is a respectful trading partner.

For God's sake that is NOT what I said to let them die.  I pointed out this is NOT the Spanish Flu taking out healthy men and women.