Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

'Mobility rights' aren't anything in the Charter from what I have heard.

You don't have a right to travel... 

Wrong.  Every Canadian has the right to go to Parliament Hill to protest.  When some provinces closed their borders that was a constitutional violation of our right to interprovincial travel as Canadians.  You also can’t prevent Canadians from returning to Canada, so instead our government fines people.

15 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Anti-vax fanatics do not care how many people die of Covid. or how many children die of Covid. They do not care how many children or adults suffer long-term effects from Covid.  They do not care about old people, or those with co-morbidities.  They do not care about our health system or health care professional's exhaustion, burn out or departure.  They do not care about the collapse of our health care system.

They've been asked many times why the deaths of elderly and infirm are unimportant to them, and refuse to answer.  They've been asked many times to use credible sources for their claims and refuse to do so.  They have had the spurious claims made by their sources debunked over and over, but refuse to see any truth that doesn't fit their delusions.  They go on hysterically about freedoms and Nazis, communists and fascists, run Canada down at every opportunity and call themselves "patriots".   They fear monger about vaccines and ignore, dismiss and even denigrate the millions dead of this disease.

I think it would be fair to say everyone cares about those that have died, as for how many children the last count i seen was 11 those with other complications, out of millions of children we forced into incubation centers call schools for long periods of time...the point here is there  has been more children die of the vaccine than covid... in fact look at the numbers anyone under 30 with no other complications are really not at risk...those that make up the highest percentage are those over 60 over 80 % of the deaths are those living in long term care...It is not about what the unvaccinated believe it is rather a question of did we handle it right. If 80% of the deaths were from those over 60, i would have thought we would start there, start at the long term care homes and lock them down...and vaccinate those that wanted it, instead our response was to send in the army with a few medical staff after the deaths had already occurred. 

So one has to ask does anyone care, apparently not just the unvaccinated or this would have never happened...another question the army brought up was the conditions that the elderly were forced to live in, Have all of this been rectified, do we have new policies in place to prevent all of this, not really... again why not if we cared it should have been done...

Next question in regards to our unfunded medical system, this has been on the provinces radar for years, the pandemic amplified that well we are now into the 3 year of pandemic, has the government moved on this, was it an election issue, are we talking about it now, it really seems nobody really cares or maybe it is just me, i had a few beers this afternoon.

Hospital staff has always been a problem pre pandemic,  once again the feds don't want to fund it... but we can fund daycare, or universal income, or CERB to thousands of people that did not qualify...

We can point our fingers at everyone on this topic, not just the unvacc like most things it is not on most peoples agenda...and we are happy with the status quo...  

1 minute ago, myata said:

I'd like to be optimistic but. Sure people will get enough of arbitrary mandates and restrictions, get tired and do away with the Liberals. And then nothing would change. There are no drivers nor instruments of real change here. Change is not possible.

I think if all mandates and restrictions are lifted, including masking and especially vaccine passports, that restores pre-pandemic freedoms, which are among the freest in the world.  The Liberals don’t support our Charter protections, however, and they are entrenched in our government as “natural ruling party.”

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How would you describe BLM protests, or how about those at the G-20 riot, or those that took to the streets after a major sports play off and tore it apart... It is OK for those involved in those riots where they tore apart the cxity burned police cars, broke into store fronts and stole...but a few assholes that have done none of that they get our rage....This is not Ottawa first protest. 

I don't think anyone said those were OK. Seems to me there were a lot of complaints about police oppression during the G20 riot.

24 minutes ago, Boges said:

Isn't that exactly what we're doing. 

Mandating Truckers are vaccinated does not limit their mobility. 

But why now, are on a 3 rd year of the pandemic, we are experiencing some rough supply chain issues, we already have a good shortage of drivers, it just seems like a perfect storm and to add it they decide to put restrictions on drivers, what has changed to warrant this. and why would we want to add to further strain to an already damaged system 

And it does "not" limit mobility with in Canada, and the US decision to put further mandates in place should have been a topic of discussion with the PM at least , one would hope...so what changed in both places to suddenly change everything,

If it ain't broken don't fix it

• Like 1

If Fauci et al hadn't blocked early treatments, there would have been a lot less deaths. 

The multitude of restrictions would not have been necessary.

Stop blaming everyone else.

Fauci knew.

He deliberately blocked access to early treatments and actively demonized and yanked licenses from doctors who were using early treatments successfully.

He did this so that he could use get EUA to use humans as guinea pigs for inoculations that could be rushed through without the proper studies and testing.

That's it.

That's why we're in this mess.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don't think anyone said those were OK. Seems to me there were a lot of complaints about police oppression during the G20 riot.

Well when you burn dozens of police cars and injure police officers, loot stores  it is going to get a little rough, back in the day if i had done any of that there was going to be a whopping, far worse than any police officer could give...

It's becoming a sad and dim country with few positive prospects anywhere in sight. If anything changes it's only because dragging feet any longer is absolutely impossible. For those at the top all is just as it should be nothing to worry and another automatic raise is coming in the check. I've no idea where it'll go from here. But can't see anywhere good.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

How would you describe BLM protests, or how about those at the G-20 riot, or those that took to the streets after a major sports play off and tore it apart... It is OK for those involved in those riots where they tore apart the cxity burned police cars, broke into store fronts and stole...but a few assholes that have done none of that they get our rage....This is not Ottawa first protest. 

I opposed any of those radical extremists.  I have no use for extremists.

8 minutes ago, myata said:

It's becoming sad and dim country with few positive prospects anywhere in sight. If anything changes it's only because dragging feet any longer is just absolutely impossible. For those at the top all is just as it should be nothing to worry and another automatic raise is coming in the check. I've no idea where it'll go from here. But can't see anywhere good.

The fraidy-cat crowd keep clamoring for more and more restrictions. They say they want them to end but they refuse to listen to science, tossed common sense out the window long ago and insist that until their demand for the impossible dream of "zero-covid" is met no restrictions should come down ever.

That news article that said "the public in general is not psychologically ready for loosening of restrictions" is sooooo true.

We are held for ransom by intellectual toddlers having tantrums because their juice is in an orange cup and they wanted the blue one.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boges said:

So just COVID policy. 

Much of which is the Province's purview. 

Much is federal, including restrictions on travel (interprovincial trains and planes, ports of entry, and international flights and land border crossings) where proof of vaccination is required for entry.  There are also mandates for all federal employees and both non-essential and essential workers travelling internationally (truckers).  Provincial healthcare is partly funded conditionally by the federal government, so provinces that don’t support federal mandates lose funding.

Provinces should also be challenged for Charter violations: border closures to Canadians, curfews, the requirement of passports to enjoy basic freedoms like entering a restaurant or other business/service.  Quebec is in gross violation.  It also applies to freedom of movement generally between regions, entering public parks and amenities (federal, provincial, or municipal).   We also can’t deny healthcare to people under the Canada Health Act, which happens when doctors won’t see patients.  Mask mandates, except in limited situations with sunset clauses that require meeting a threshold of necessity, are also violations.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OMG...they told her to take off her mask.

How outrageous! A true case of an innocent being "accosted" if there ever was one.

How will the poor dear go on?

The persistent mandate of indoor masking in Canada is another sad feature of our current state.  All but 5 US states have dropped this.  Not Canada.  Lockdowns and masking are normalized here.  People and businesses have suffered deeply and perhaps irreparably.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

25 minutes ago, Goddess said:

We are held for ransom by intellectual toddlers having tantrums because their juice is in an orange cup and they wanted the blue one.

And not like experienced political manipulators wouldn't like this situation either. A broad range of choices astronomically inflated budgets, zero questions, all written off to extraordinary emergency pandemic. A marriage of convenience - and in an environment of no checks and zero accountability it can continue for a long, long time. Not "can" theoretically, but did happen and more than once.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The persistent mandate of indoor masking in Canada is another sad feature of our current state.  All but 5 US states have dropped this.  Not Canada.  Lockdowns and masking are normalized here.  People and businesses have suffered deeply and perhaps irreparably.  

I think the loss of freedoms should correspond to the level of threat.  This threat has killed less than 1/10th of 1 percent on an annual basis.  Hardly worth the over reach.

36 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The fraidy-cat crowd keep clamoring for more and more restrictions. They say they want them to end but they refuse to listen to science, tossed common sense out the window long ago and insist that until their demand for the impossible dream of "zero-covid" is met no restrictions should come down ever.

That news article that said "the public in general is not psychologically ready for loosening of restrictions" is sooooo true.

I loathe the media.  When groups get together say like environment groups the media doesn't try to tie them to far left fringe groups.  But with no evidence they are claiming that the trucker convoy is attracting far right fringe groups.  For the fraidy crowd there is a racist behind every bush.  

6 minutes ago, myata said:

And not like experienced political manipulators wouldn't like this situation either. A broad range of choices astronomically inflated budgets, zero questions, all written off to extraordinary emergency pandemic. A marriage of convenience - and in an environment of no checks and zero accountability it can continue for a long, long time. Not "can" theoretically, but did happen and more than once.

I believe this, too.

While other countries are opening up, Canada is locking down even further because we have too many citizens "not psychologically ready" enough to rejoin society. ?

• Sad 1