Trucker's Convoy

West

12 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

And if they had allowed it to spread unfettered and you suffered from it, you would have been the first screaming bloody murder that they did nothing to protect you. 

And the more you say, the more you expose your ignorance.

News Flash: I HAD IT!

And like almost ALL people my age, I sneezed, coughed, ate a couple oranges and some vitamin D and Zink, slept and woke up feeling fine.

Now...what were you saying about "ignorance"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I would have imagined a tyrannical government would never allow such a protest to happen. Weird.

This is Canada's Tiananmen Square. We must speak up against our dearly-incompetent leader. They have to put up with it for now, just like your Chinese communist heroes did with the world watching.

But boy oh boy, do they ever want to get in there and take them out of there by the sound of sabre rattling, weeping, and gnashing of teeth. Bring on the riot police, clear them out! This has gone too far!

No Mr. Chairman. This has only begun...   ;)

They even got the army generals to speak out in outrage, on a Sunday. That tells you something right there.

• Like 2

To "save healthcare systems" sounds much like saving its a... It's been close to a generation "fixing it for a generation" and two decades from SARS (2002) and MERS (2007) to prepare for an infectious pandemic. And some did just that.

Do we pay governments astronomical dollars only to make arbitrary rules and restrictions for us, with the main purpose essentially to save their ..sses?

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The government didn't impose restrictions to save lives, but to try to save the health care system.  Why is that fact never acknowledged or addressed by those who complain about restrictions.  

Also, it doesn't speak well of you to dismiss ~30% of the population as if their lives were less important than going to a restaurant or a gym.

30% of the population?  What about 30% of the population? 

Mah...my wife is a cancer survivor. She goes for regular checkups to the local hospital. Its EMPTY!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

This is Canada's Tiananmen Square. We must speak up against our dearly-incompetent leader. They have to put up with it for now, just like your Chinese communist heroes did with the world watching.

But boy oh boy, do they ever want to get in there and take them out of .

Yes, it's unfortunate the authorities have acted in just the manner you would expect of a democracy that allows free peaceful protest. If that weren't the case, you wouldn't come across as a shrill whiner who has lost touch with reality.

Edited by BubberMiley

47 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

But boy oh boy, do they ever want to get in there and take them out of there by the sound of sabre rattling, weeping, and gnashing of teeth. Bring on the riot police, clear them out! This has gone too far!

Canada is edging scarily close on arbitrary, authoritarian style of governance with a thin and ineffective democratic shell. China kind of a country, and society.

And there's little or shall we say it as it as, nothing to stop it. Invisible Erin, really? Courts that may rule just in time for the next inquiry "how could it happen in a true strong and free blah freedom loving country?

If there will be a commission and inquiry this time around, has someone or anything assured it? Nothing is guaranteed in evolution. And certainly not, a democracy.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

You are no better qualified to speak on behalf of scientific consensuses in the community than your beloved invisible leader, of all Canadians.

I'm not speaking on their behalf. I'm repeating what they overwhelmingly agree upon. Surely you aren't so stupid as to not be able to tell the difference.

15 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I'm repeating what they overwhelmingly agree upon

There isn't a consensus and they don't all agree.

Many doctors and scientists at the top of the field have been blacklisted and silenced because they don't kiss Big Pharma's arse.

If you had been, at the very least, allowed to listen to what they have been saying from the beginning - it is no surprise that the majority of infected and hospitalized now are vaccinated.  They said this would happen, it has.

For the future, they are saying that those who continue with boosters and jabs, their immune systems will collapse - it is being seen already.  Immune function in many vaccinated people is now  in the negatives. 

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

LOL!

Thanks. I needed a good laugh.

You know that story where Stalin took a live chicken and ripped all its feathers out and then everyone watched while teh chicken begged him for food and he told them that this is how people are - you can pluck them clean and they will still beg you for basic necessities.

That's Bubber.

He's the chicken.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Pierre was the Nazi sympathizer. Justin is the Communist sympathizer.

:P 

Pierre Elliot Trudeau. 

One of the best "politicians" that ever existed. Love 'im or hate 'im. 

Justin "Pixie-Dust" Trudeau. 

One of the most embarrassing "politicians" that ever existed. Love 'im or hate 'im. 

And I say...'Well done Little Potato!'

Edited by Nationalist
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

You know that story where Stalin took a live chicken and ripped all its feathers out and then everyone watched while teh chicken begged him for food and he told them that this is how people are - you can pluck them clean and they will still beg you for basic necessities.

That's Bubber.

He's the chicken.

Bubber? I thought it was "Blubber".

Oops...

• Haha 1

A real and ongoing systemic crisis of public administration in the country. No longer impossible to deny. Thanks to the virus, and truckers protest.

How would a happy bureaucratic bunch that managed to install a payroll management program in nine years (Heavens may know the cost) handle a serious public health problem? This is how. And it shouldn't be a surprise.

What can we, the society do about it? Can we just leave it alone and hope it would fix itself? I'm not sure there's an easy answer. Or any answers, anyone?

Just watched an interview with a citizen of Ottawa who went for a walk and entered a park in Ottawa.  He was suddenly out of the blue aggressively pushed around by several men from the so-called convoy and who were hurling all kinds of insults at him and forced him out of the public park.  This is not a protest.  It is an occupation by thugs and terrorists and the Ottawa police and leaders are doing nothing;  just sitting back and watching all this go on.

Edited by blackbird
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, myata said:

A real and ongoing systemic crisis of public administration in the country. No longer impossible to deny. Thanks to the virus, and truckers protest.

How would a happy bureaucratic bunch that managed to install a payroll management program in nine years (Heavens may know the cost) handle a serious public health problem? This is how. And it shouldn't be a surprise.

What can we, the society do about it? Can we just leave it alone and hope it would fix itself? I'm not sure there's an easy answer. Or any answers, anyone?

I worked in that bureaucracy years ago. There is only 1 answer.

Begin reviews and declare all the redundant positions...redundant and let hundreds go. Those who remain...will either get the message or be disposed of.

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Just watched an interview with a citizen of Ottawa who went for a walk and entered a park in Ottawa.  He was suddenly out of the blue aggressively pushed around by several men from the so-called convoy and who were hurling all kinds of insults at him and forced him out of the public park.  This is not a protest.  It is an occupation by thugs and terrorists and the Ottawa police and leaders are doing nothing;  just sitting back and watching all this go on.

Citation? I'm not sure I believe this.