Jump to content

Emergency Act commission


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Just get Alberta out. The international community and world court will not allow it to be landlocked.

Canada, ultimately is screwed.

Canada is not a signatory to that particular treaty. LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_Transit_Trade_of_Land-locked_States#/media/File:ConventiononTransitforLandLockedStates.png

Besides, why would Canada follow the globalist agenda of the UN?  You Albertans can go cry to WEF, the UN or whomever you wish.  Canada will remain free of such globalist tyranny. 

Edited by TreeBeard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, myata said:

Wow, could it be said any simpler and to the point? When, where paper was the main problem? If our main problems were some papers wouldn't we be living in a perfect world, or very near.

So like an illusion remedy as the rational for indefinite status quo? When the monarch interfered in anything what exactly could they do? No we like to put imaginary dreams ahead and before any reality. That much is pretty clear.

the point is simply that Canadians on the aggregate want the Prime Minister to be dictator

the UK has the same parliamentary system, but with a very different political culture

in the United Kingdom, they fire Prime Ministers regularly, they check the power of their PM's

but in Canada, the Prime Minister is almost never brought down by the MP's

bear in mind the origin of dictatorship

most people think of it as being some sort of military overthrow of a democratic government

but actually, Dictator was an ancient Roman office, and the process was democratic

the Roman Senate would appoint a Dictator for a period of time, to deal with crises

the thing about Canada, it is constantly in crisis, Confederation ever on the brink of breaking up

so Canadians look to the Prime Minister to be dictator, ostensibly to hold the Confederation together

traditionally in the face of Quebec secession, but now Western secession is also being invoked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, just getting paid for being a senator and getting that massive pension for all that they accomplished during the years of 1900-2021 was a crime if you think about. 

People have been appointed to the Senate at 74.5 years, served half a year as a "senator" but never had to actually do anything official, and then got 6-figure pensions. 

The amount of money that has been wasted on senators over the years is criminal, but at least they did something this year. 

Hey, you are preaching  to the converted. The Canadian senate is and has been a "reward" post for political buddies. A political gravy train for all parties.

A senator must serve 6 years for a pension by the way.

The Canadian senate, a requirement that ties to the monarchy (the commons and the house of lords crap).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RedDog said:

Do you grasp math and the vast numbers involved? The world court has to be involved. You will lose.

I lived in Alberta for 10 years.

Albertans are like Quebecers. Always whining and it is all someone elses fault that they are in the position they are in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As normal on this forum, the topic has been lost.

Has anyone actually been following what is going on and being said at the commission?  :)

 

Ford says he supported use of Emergencies Act, but Ontario turned down plea for help

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/ford-says-he-supported-use-of-emergencies-act-but-ontario-turned-down-plea-for-help/ar-AA133KGh?ocid=EMMX&cvid=42af0714ee7a4ba79b5b9c64c662da7f

Parliament security took issue with city moving convoy trucks near Parliament Hill

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/parliament-security-took-issue-with-city-moving-convoy-trucks-near-parliament-hill-1.6112741?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvottawa%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Hotel group warned Ottawa that protesters planned to jam up the capital, inquiry hears

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/emergencies-act-day-3-ottawa-1.6618549

 

City of Ottawa followed police lead on 'Freedom Convoy' response: city manager

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/ottawa-mayor-police-officials-testifying-at-emergencies-act-inquiry-1.6111956

Battle lines drawn as the Emergencies Act inquiry gets underway in Ottawa

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/convoy-inquiry-start-1.6613679

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

the point is simply that Canadians on the aggregate want the Prime Minister to be dictator

the UK has the same parliamentary system, but with a very different political culture

in the United Kingdom, they fire Prime Ministers regularly, they check the power of their PM's

but in Canada, the Prime Minister is almost never brought down by the MP's

bear in mind the origin of dictatorship

most people think of it as being some sort of military overthrow of a democratic government

but actually, Dictator was an ancient Roman office, and the process was democratic

the Roman Senate would appoint a Dictator for a period of time, to deal with crises

the thing about Canada, it is constantly in crisis, Confederation ever on the brink of breaking up

so Canadians look to the Prime Minister to be dictator, ostensibly to hold the Confederation together

traditionally in the face of Quebec secession, but now Western secession is also being invoked

Miss the Harper days,country was peaceful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well let's just say it's like me threatening to quite the Conservative Party that I never joined in the first place.

So how do you quit Confederation when it made you in the first place. No distinct language. No distinct culture. No history as a sovereign entity. Just the imaginary dream of a few extra bucks in your pocket. What a majestic nationalist ideal. Just so honourable.

And as pointed out the ignorant idea that you'd build pipes easier if you were a foreign country. Laughable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, herbie said:

Well let's just say it's like me threatening to quite the Conservative Party that I never joined in the first place.

So how do you quit Confederation when it made you in the first place. No distinct language. No distinct culture. No history as a sovereign entity. Just the imaginary dream of a few extra bucks in your pocket. What a majestic nationalist ideal. Just so honourable.

And as pointed out the ignorant idea that you'd build pipes easier if you were a foreign country. Laughable.

Republic of Alberta motto:

Odimus Trudeau 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m surprised the Liberals didn’t sign such a treaty.  They love international treaties that force the government to make concessions and give handouts to groups, especially if it means calling the country colonial and oppressive.  I think we need to spend billions on a Royal Commission Inquiry as to why our government broke with stupid past practices.  I’m not used to this.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m surprised the Liberals didn’t sign such a treaty.  They love international treaties that force the government to make concessions and give handouts to groups, especially if it means calling the country colonial and oppressive.  I think we need to spend billions on a Royal Commission Inquiry as to why our government broke with stupid past practices.  I’m not used to this.  

Why would we sign it? Canada isn't landlocked, it has coasts on three oceans.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It appears that the people with the lifelong appointments actually still care for democracy

That is a weakest form of checks and it's far from functional. Just recall how many scandals were dismissed singlehandedly by PMO with no public knowledge or accountability. Without institutions and traditions of robust independent checks this is the flimsiest of a threads that even a shell of democracy hangs in this country. Every time, a guessing game, flip of a coin. 99.9% of Libs looked the other way on SNCL. 100% on mandates and Emergency. No, not even close. Getting there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Uhhhm ok?  So arrest them.

A natural reaction of an authoritarian government that simply doesn't understand that it's not the people exist for the governments to govern, but governments to manage common matters for the people, and no other reasons for them to exist. But how could they be shaken back to the reality here? No mechanisms exist. "We rule so you are", for your own good.

Remember that outrageous scare propaganda, a thick sticky mudslide of fear pouring out of all outlets and orifices? It's gotten completely out of all bounds and proportions, of reality and reason. And no checks, no controls. Just scary.

Edited by myata
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doug Ford has said that he stands with Trudeau on the subject of the convoy response.

 

There you have it... A conservative and a populist even making his choice. All I will say, leaving aside the question of whether it was the right choice or not, is that there are actually a spectrum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.cp24.com/news/2022/10/17/1_6112708.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

A conservative and a populist even making his choice

What a surprise, the great Canadian elites coming together to stand for the one and only status quo. Talking heads, justices, employees or representatives still figuring out with paycheck highest in the developed world, all the happy, busy (with what?) bunch. Just think of the stakes. Pigs revolted against the trough.

Edited by myata
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, myata said:

No bureaucratic system can check and control itself. It's only a matter of time, not if. It would be dumb and lazy to try it again after so many examples. But we are lazy and ...

The "bureaucracy" is the group that follows rules, regulations, laws and procedures set up and made law by politicians.

It does not check nor control itself as it is checked and controlled by the mere fact it has no other job but to follow the proceduress enacted by the rulers of the land, regardless of party..

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,695
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Linda Teskey
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Yakuda went up a rank
      Experienced
    • QuebecOverCanada went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • Jeary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Gator earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Jeary earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...