Trucker's Convoy

West

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re ridiculous.  He was one of the authors.  What’s more, read the Charter and ask yourself what freedoms you have.  Compare those to those of the unvaccinated.  Note that a vaccine passport isn’t mentioned as a pre-condition for Canadians to enjoy rights and freedoms.  Knock off the sophistry.  

He was one of the signatories.  His education background was in teaching and literature.  The only thing that's ridiculous about this conversation is that you think a school teacher knew enough about Law to help write a document as important as the Constitution.  Whatever input he provided to the writing was based on the advice of Newfoundland's top lawyers and scholars, none of which he has access to as an 80 year old man sitting comfy on some island off the coast of BC.  

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It most certainly does - 

"The political class have collectively abandoned the rule of law."

And she tweeted it yesterday. I'm sure she's aware of the convoy and what is going on.  And she has experience with Trudeau's dictatorship.

That's a pretty lame grasp.  If she wanted to talk about COVID and the convoy she'd have just done so.  She's an independent MP and Trudeau has no power over her, so this is little more than you playing make-believe with her words and intentions. 

If she comes out and speaks directly against the mandates and provides some reasoning, I'll listen to it, but until then you're still just doing mental gymnastics in your search for credibility.  

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That's a pretty lame grasp.  If she wanted to talk about COVID and the convoy she'd have just done so.  She's an independent MP and Trudeau has no power over her, so this is little more than you playing make-believe with her words and intentions. 

If she comes out and speaks directly against the mandates and provides some reasoning, I'll listen to it, but until then you're still just doing mental gymnastics in your search for credibility.  

So what do you think she's talking about when she says the government has abandoned the rule of law?

The Conservative leader Candice Bergen is a disaster for the Conservatives.  She opposes the health restrictions and vaccine mandates.  Where does she get her health advice?  From Donald Trump or the Governor of Florida, deSantis?  Conservatives simply don't care about the well-being of Canadians and have tied themselves to a group of anarchists and anti-health restriction radicals.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

He was one of the signatories.  His education background was in teaching and literature.  The only thing that's ridiculous about this conversation is that you think a school teacher knew enough about Law to help write a document as important as the Constitution.  Whatever input he provided to the writing was based on the advice of Newfoundland's top lawyers and scholars, none of which he has access to as an 80 year old man sitting comfy on some island off the coast of BC.  

Peckford was a Premier and writer of the Canadian Constitution.  I assume you’re an operative for the Communist Party of China?

Just now, Goddess said:

So what do you think she's talking about when she says the government has abandoned the rule of law?

It's not really for me to say.  She's almost certainly still sore about the shit Trudeau pulled with SNC Lavalin, but much of her focus and comments over the last year or so has been regarding Indigenous peoples and Reconciliation.  

To conclude that her tweet from the other day is a voice in support of the Truckers Convoy when she didn't even vaguely refer to them is not great logic.  

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Peckford was a Premier and writer of the Canadian Constitution.  I assume you’re an operative for the Communist Party of China?

Lol WHAT?!  

If that's the sort of imbecilic nonsense you have to offer the conversation, I'll spare myself the irritation and just block you.  

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's not really for me to say.  She's almost certainly still sore about the shit Trudeau pulled with SNC Lavalin, but much of her focus and comments over the last year or so has been regarding Indigenous peoples and Reconciliation.  

To conclude that her tweet from the other day is a voice in support of the Truckers Convoy when she didn't even vaguely refer to them is not great logic.  

You missed the point - deliberately I think.

She said our government has abandoned the rule of law.

No matter what she was actually talking about - her point stands - our government has abandoned the rule of law.  

Their treatment of the convoy is just one example of it.

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You missed the point - deliberately I think.

She said our government has abandoned the rule of law.

No matter what she was actually talking about - her point stands - our government has abandoned the rule of law.  

Their treatment of the convoy is just one example of it.

The occupiers are nothing more than a bunch of anarchists and law-breakers, who insult, intimidate, threaten people continually.  They have disrupted the lives of law-abiding citizens who are trying to go about their lives.

Bad Bob p.13.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

This is getting good. Bring it on, bro. ;)

j/k

We know you're a faux christian anyway, as exemplified here...

I have repented and accepted Jesus as my Savior.  So it doesn't matter what the accuser (Devil) of the brethren says.  When are you going to be converted and be saved? 

Bad Bob p.13.gif

Edited by blackbird

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The occupiers are nothing more than a bunch of anarchists and law-breakers, who insult, intimidate, threaten people continually.  They have disrupted the lives of law-abiding citizens who are trying to go about their lives.

Bad Bob p.13.gif

Yes, you keep repeating that.

But the only proof you have is articles from CBC, which we all know now are lying about the convoy and the protesters.

What else do you got?

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I have repented and accepted Jesus as my Savior.  So it doesn't matter what the accuser (Devil) of the brethren says.  When are you going to be converted and be saved? 

Bad Bob p.13.gif

God helps those who help themselves.  Stop compromising your identity by being so unquestioning.  It’s sad.  You’re an easy mark for slavery and manipulation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Private citizens and governments don't get to dictate what the constitution means. Only the courts can do that and for good reason. It is to avoid a tyranny of the majority whether it is by mob or government. 

There are some aspects of the Constitution that are self-evident.

Just not to you.

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Bad Bob p.13.gif

Wow. It's insane to think that's the narrative that our PM and MSM are pushing about the freedom convoy, while they all supported the BLM riots and act like they were peaceful.

It's stupidity on steroids. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Private citizens and governments don't get to dictate what the constitution means. Only the courts can do that and for good reason. It is to avoid a tyranny of the majority whether it is by mob or government. 

I'll concede that you're trying to make what seems like a reasonable point, it isn't counter-intuitive at first glance, but don't forget that judges are politically appointed and are not at all above having their own political motivations. 

Look at Sotomayor's recent statements. No one is dumb enough to believe what she said. She was just duped by leftists propaganda and made a fool of herself in public. The same thing happens from the bench. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

How wrong can one person be ?  The media fund went to the press... including the Globe and Mail, which BROKE the SNC Lavalin scandal.

Perhaps you and Ms. Raybould have heard of that scandal ?

I seem to recall that one of the many players involved in putting pressure on JWR said that he or she could easily tell friends in the media to write favourable opinions in order to help the Liberals get this deal for SNC.

If you give the media hundreds of millions of dollars to keep them afloat it's clear they can be called on as needed to help the Liberal government.

In other news, the suspect in the Winnipeg attack on that convoy apparently is an Antifa supporter, no surprise there. The CBC does mention the suspect's name but makes no mention of his ties to Antifa, no surprise there either.

Report: Suspect charged in Winnipeg attack on convoy protest revealed to be Antifa radical | The Post Millennial

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'll concede that you're trying to make what seems like a reasonable point, it isn't counter-intuitive at first glance, but don't forget that judges are politically appointed and are not at all above having their own political motivations. 

The legitimacy of any democratic institution is more complex than simple formal definition. Any formal institution and definition can be subverted and compromised. If courts are not seen (and that needs to be defined and quantified) as independent; fair and just by the society the perception and interpretation of their legitimacy may suffer.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

There are some aspects of the Constitution that are self-evident.

Just not to you.

This is these folks' moment. The thing they've waited all their lives for. A chance to overthrow society and bring on the Marxist paradise. All must go. Our Charter of Rights is one of the Four Olds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Olds

Old joke:

Q. What is a Marxist?

A. An intellectual that says he knows how to control Stalin.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2