Trucker's Convoy

West

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You can't decide Charter rights by mob. Either you believe in rule of law or you don't. How do you know the PM is disregarding the will of the people? 

The police aren’t above the law.  Either is government.

The Charter is being violated.  I’m not going to repeat myself as infinitum.  You need a digital passport to have a number of freedoms that aren’t even the full complement of our guaranteed rights and freedoms.  Unvaccinated people have even fewer rights.  Our government is illegally crushing the people under arbitrary acts.  

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I' m sure God appreciates it.  So I don't care what Devil followers and Satan worshipers like.  People who support insurrection, crime, and anarchy are on the way to hell.

This is getting good. Bring it on, bro. ;)

j/k

We know you're a faux christian anyway, as exemplified here...

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. We agree on a principle but not how it is implemented,
2. or who to hold accountable for present circumstances. So we do not agree. 
3. I don't see how the opposition leader being removed had to do with the truckers convoy, or Trudeau's image in his handling of this. I don't understand why you brought it up. I gave my opinion on it in the other thread.
4. Maybe Mr. O'Toole was fired by the real puppetmasters, the people who run things. Maybe there's something rotten in the CPC, really rotten.
5. It's like my pappy used to say, if it stinks like a liberal, don't take any chances. You know it is.
6. Meanwhile our PM has to wear this crap on his face. Ottawa is his town, they are there to visit him. The whole world is watching, Mr. Trudeau. Let's see it.  Tiananmen Now

1.  I don't see that as even being worth mentioning.  Agreeing on a principle is already difficult.  Agreeing on how it is implemented is a per-case thing.

2. No we don't agree on that, but we're not going to agree 100% on the circumstances of any protest, or what is to be learned on the whole.

3. Globe and Mail Decibel podcast mentioned it.  O'Toole's tactics in telling MPs not to meet with the truckers was a behind-the-scenes heavy handed approach that was the last straw.  

4. You can simultaneously accept that details of politics are not shared with the public, that people have ambitions and strategies beyond party unity, that O'Toole was pushed out AND that the system in the CPC isn't rotten.

5. Two types of people to not listen to about current politics: pappys and truckers.

6.  You seem to be hoping for tanks to crush the truckers, which is weird.  Trudeau doesn't see a need to meet with them...  why would he legitimize it that way ?  Assuming they would stay put, which is an ok assumption, he would look much worse.  Nobody met with the CoastalLink protesters either...

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The police aren’t above the law.  Either is government.

The Charter is being violated.  I’m not going to repeat myself as infinitum.  You need a digital passport to have a number of freedoms that aren’t even the full complement of our guaranteed rights and freedoms.  Unvaccinated people have even fewer rights.  Our government is illegally crushing the people under arbitrary acts.  

Only the courts have jurisdiction over something's constitutionality. You don't get to decide whether something is legal.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

You seem to be hoping for tanks to crush the truckers, which is weird.  Trudeau doesn't see a need to meet with them...  why would he legitimize it that way ?  Assuming they would stay put, which is an ok assumption, he would look much worse.

I do not hope for things like violence. I hope the government comes to its senses. But it might be too late for that now. Think about what I'm saying there... too late.

No they cannot ignore this for long. It's clear the strategy is having some effect, and the more trucks they send in to protest, the more lanes get blocked. Doesn't matter if you close the roads... that is the point after all.

And with a funding platform that doesn't appear to be dried out, this could go on for a while.

After this weekend we saw the rise of protests around the country and world. This is a movement of some significance. The media wants to keep it quiet, but other medias are watching with greater and greater interest. And as you know whatever gets the public attention, whatever gets mouse-clicks, sells the story.

So this shit has wings.

Thanks for the update about what the media told you. I gotta go workies now.

Still waiting for the CPC to change their message on the protest then. They've got some broad as interim leader, and I heard she has a big mouth.

So bring it then, bring it on.

;)

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Yes, mob. The people of Ottawa have been made victims, no doubt they have a different opinion.

Yes. I'm well aware that the governmental bureaucrats that live in the condos and downtown core houses...you know, the ones that all work from home and live in a bureaucratic bubble of their own? ya them...are terribly put out by those mean ol' truckers...and supporters...and kids who want to go out and party downtown. I've seen the old codgers on the TV. Whining about how they can't get out without those filthy truckers and supporters and kids partying, being in their space and...OMG...MAKING NOISE!!! Who said those "commoners" could soil the core of Ottawa with their presence???

I also saw on the TV, the truckers shovelling the sidewalks in the area they have parked at.

And THAT'S a "mob" to you? Or are you just exaggerating a wee bit...?

Edited by Nationalist

48 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m quite sure it’s illegal.  You can’t prevent people from giving food to people in Canada.   You can’t stop protests either.  The Ottawa Police will be taken to court over their behaviour.  I also think all the tickets they’re issuing won’t be enforced because every single one can be challenged in court.  

This one of the reason i think that the cops in Ottawa are reluctant to take any hard line action...They are being pressured by governments But it is going to be the cops that wear this whole thing not government. They know this is going to turn into a shit show, that will cost jobs.

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Yes. I'm well aware that the governmental bureaucrats that live in the condos and downtown core houses...you know, the ones that all work from home and live in a bureaucratic bubble of their own? ya them...are terribly put out by those mean ol' truckers...and supporters...and kids who want to go out and party downtown. I've seen the old codgers on the TV. Whining about how they can't get out without those filthy truckers and supporters and kids partying, being in their space and...OMG...MAKING NOISE!!! Who said those "commoners" could soil the core of Ottawa with their presence???

I also saw on the TV, the truckers shovelling the sidewalks in the area they have parked at.

And THAT'S a "mob" to you? Or are you just exaggerating a wee bit...?

Not exaggerating at all. Like all zealots, you trivialize the suffering of others because your cause is so noble they are expendable. Who gives a shit if they shovel the sidewalks if people can't use them and have to listen to truck horns blasting day and night. 

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Even the guys taping the doors to an apartment building and lighting fires? You have a twisted definition of "peaceful."

Oh for Gawd's sake! Has anything...ANYTHING...the protesters have done so far, given you cause to actually think they would set a building on fire? This was more than likely some kids playing dangerous games.

Just now, Aristides said:

We are also seeing the rise of counter protests. More and more people are getting fed up with this bunch.

That happens when everyone outside of the truckers circle paints them as everything but a Canadian...media, government leaders have slanted the conversation that way.. Canadians are not smart enough to see through it... even climate barbie knew that fact, say it loud enough and long enough and they meaning Canadians will believe anything...

27 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I' m sure God appreciates it.  So I don't care what Devil followers and Satan worshipers like.  People who support insurrection, crime, and anarchy are on the way to hell.

LOL...Man, you're priceless. You're in for a bit of a surprise when your body dies...but today?

Priceless.

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Not exaggerating at all. Like all zealots, you trivialize the suffering of others because your cause is so noble they are expendable. Who gives a shit if they shovel the sidewalks if people can't use them and have to listen to truck horns blasting day and night. 

LOL..."expendable"? Nice choice of words there. But I don't think anyone has been killed so...until at least someone gets beat up, please try to contain your silliness.

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

But it is going to be the cops that wear this whole thing not government.

I'm starting to realize how the government has "covered it's arse" in all of this.  When it all comes out and the lawsuits start pouring in, they will blame each provincial health authority for the lockdowns and restrictions and claim they were given false information from them.  The businesses that are going to get sued for firing employees, the government will just say, "We didn't tell you to do that, we just gave you the option."  The cops will be given the blame, too, even though it's the government pulling their strings.

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Fed up and frustrated Ottawa residents are taking convoy protesters to court. 

The convoy has recieved a sworn affidavit from over 100 community members stating the protest has been peaceful. Good luck with this one. 

The Ottawa Chief of Police is doing a exemplary job with the resources he has.  He deserves a medal of honour.  God bless him.  He is just now speaking on CTV and answering questions.  As he gets more resources, he will be able to do more interdiction.  Meanwhile the court case is proceeding today against the honking which is causing great harm to the citizen's health.  I pray they will rule against the honking.

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I'm starting to realize how the government has "covered it's arse" in all of this.  When it all comes out and the lawsuits start pouring in, they will blame each provincial health authority for the lockdowns and restrictions and claim they were given false information from them.  The businesses that are going to get sued for firing employees, the government will just say, "We didn't tell you to do that, we just gave you the option."  The cops will be given the blame, too, even though it's the government pulling their strings.

You are seeing the corruption of the state in full swing