Trucker's Convoy

West

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Doesn't matter your politics.  There's something beautiful about seeing the police and government being afraid of regular citizens, including our MIA Prime Minister.

I love a good protest.  Do you really think JT is afraid ?  He doesn't have an opposition leader anymore and if the cpc goes right that's something he has a playbook for...

13 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, targeting anyone who complains about the convoy. I can't imagine you even believe that.

Why would I not? Two weeks where the worst thing that happened was somebody peeing next to a war memorial. Police want them out. All the sudden random starter bricks start showing up around the protest. 

Pretty common tactic of the government. Happened during the G20 protests as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I love a good protest.  Do you really think JT is afraid ?  He doesn't have an opposition leader anymore and if the cpc goes right that's something he has a playbook for...

Something tells me the populace is waking up to the vileness of the Liberal Party.

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Principles.  They matter.  Act as you speak.

I agree. Tell it to the government who acted out of line. this protest is to put them back in line.

It's just a fringe group of course, a minority comprised of mostly racists and misogynists.

People from Alberta, for example. They still wear cowboy hats, and not just to go dancing.  

;)

9 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, and the QAnon shaman was Antifa. I've heard it before.

Not sure about that. While I have no doubt paid agitators were in the crowd January 6th, there were also some folks who got caught up in the moment as well. 

I mean this stuff is so predictable. Politicians go back to the same playbook. First they try and discredit through the media. If issues escalate further, they try and maintain control by creating chaos. Pretty obvious by now. 

Politicians don't like to get their hands dirty. That's why they use groups like the "Anti hate" network to do their dirty work. 

Edited by West

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. I agree. Tell it to the government who acted out of line. this protest is to put them back in line.

2. It's just a fringe group of course, a minority comprised of mostly racists and misogynists.

3. People from Alberta, for example. They still wear cowboy hats, and not just to go dancing.  

;)

1. I'm not saying that I agree with the claims or goals of the protest.  I don't.  A health emergency requires a response and NDP/Conservative governments have behaved the same way.
2. You missed my point - we are past that.
3.  I support your religious headgear.

I'm glad you agree with the 3 principles - we are getting somewhere for sure now.

29 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The courts decide when the constitution has been violated, not mobs.

You support arbitrary rule that violates constitutional rights.  Justin Trudeau won a minority government in September.  The majority of the country wants mandates and restrictions eliminated.  Even if they didn’t, you can’t remove citizens’ Charter rights except on a temporary basis with a high burden of justification.  That burden hasn’t been reached.  It hasn’t even been debated.  The PM is disregarding both the will of the people and their constitutional rights.  You can defend dictatorship all you want and I’ll defend our constitution.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm glad you agree with the 3 principles - we are getting somewhere for sure now.

I didn't know that we agreed on something, but am also glad.

We have not moved past anything at all. It's about the soundbite, and that one is resonating out there. 

I like many hard-working Canadians have daily obligations that keep me busy, so I can't make it up to Ottawa yet. And besides, I hear the parking is bloody murder. So I'm just watching the show. Sorry you don't like it, but don't blame the messenger. And until you realize the blame lies with government first and foremost, we won't agree.

Looks to me like Trudeau really stepped in it. Finally. Now he's the one snarling in the microphone. This is also about the premiers. They all should be sent down to see the lord.

Except Jason Kenney. Make him the next PM.

?m=02&d=20191121&t=2&i=1454832578&r=LYNX

Edited by OftenWrong

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. I didn't know that we agreed on something, but am also glad.

2. We have not moved past anything at all. It's about the soundbite, and that one is resonating out there. 

3. Sorry you don't like it 

4. Looks to me like Trudeau really stepped in it.  

?m=02&d=20191121&t=2&i=1454832578&r=LYNX

1. 2. First two words from you on this post: 

3. Wow - you are missing a lot. 

4. Again - THE OPPOSITION LEADER HAS BEEN REMOVED.  How is this a bad thing for Trudeau ?

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

3. Wow - you are missing a lot. 

4. Again - THE OPPOSITION LEADER HAS BEEN REMOVED.  How is this a bad thing for Trudeau ?

Do you really believe stealing food and supplies from peaceful demonstrators is a good look? 

Just now, West said:

Do you really believe stealing food and supplies from peaceful demonstrators is a good look? 

I’m quite sure it’s illegal.  You can’t prevent people from giving food to people in Canada.   You can’t stop protests either.  The Ottawa Police will be taken to court over their behaviour.  I also think all the tickets they’re issuing won’t be enforced because every single one can be challenged in court.  

10 minutes ago, West said:

The funny/weird part is that the truckers have been accused of stealing food from the homeless.

If you saw videos of the raid, you saw there is a TON of food being donated to the truckers, there is no need for them to "steal food from the homeless."

In fact, they have brought excess donations of food to the homeless shelters, they have been feeding the crowds, and they donated a ton of food and other stuff to a woman's shelter down there.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. We agree on a principle but not how it is implemented, or who to hold accountable for present circumstances. So we do not agree.

4. I don't see how the opposition leader being removed had to do with the truckers convoy, or Trudeau's image in his handling of this. I don't understand why you brought it up. I gave my opinion on it in the other thread.

Maybe Mr. O'Toole was fired by the real puppetmasters, the people who run things. Maybe there's something rotten in the CPC, really rotten.

It's like my pappy used to say, if it stinks like a liberal, don't take any chances. You know it is.

Meanwhile our PM has to wear this crap on his face. Ottawa is his town, they are there to visit him. The whole world is watching, Mr. Trudeau. Let's see it.

Tiananmen Now

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m quite sure it’s illegal.  You can’t prevent people from giving food to people in Canada.   You can’t stop protests either.  The Ottawa Police will be taken to court over their behaviour.  I also think all the tickets they’re issuing won’t be enforced because every single one can be challenged in court.  

You're not sure of anything of the sort, else you wouldn't say something so dumb.  GoFundMe isn't a "right" and there's absolutely nothing illegal about a private (for-profit) corporation choosing not to allow someone to use their service.  

The tickets can be challenged in Court, but those challenges will almost all fail.  The beautiful thing about the Law is that its founded on reasoning and principle and doesn't just sort of do what a bunch of angry people on the Internet figure it should.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You're not sure of anything of the sort, else you wouldn't say something so dumb.  GoFundMe isn't a "right" and there's absolutely nothing illegal about a private (for-profit) corporation choosing not to allow someone to use their service.  

The tickets can be challenged in Court, but those challenges will almost all fail.  The beautiful thing about the Law is that its founded on reasoning and principle and doesn't just sort of do what a bunch of angry people on the Internet figure it should.  

Theft is illegal, whether by GoFundMe or the police.

Freezing funds because you don’t like someone’s politics may be something you can do, but expect half of Americans to hate GoFundMe for it.

Angry, happy, or sad has nothing to do with the laws or our constitution.

36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You support arbitrary rule that violates constitutional rights.  Justin Trudeau won a minority government in September.  The majority of the country wants mandates and restrictions eliminated.  Even if they didn’t, you can’t remove citizens’ Charter rights except on a temporary basis with a high burden of justification.  That burden hasn’t been reached.  It hasn’t even been debated.  The PM is disregarding both the will of the people and their constitutional rights.  You can defend dictatorship all you want and I’ll defend our constitution.

You can't decide Charter rights by mob. Either you believe in rule of law or you don't. How do you know the PM is disregarding the will of the people? 

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Theft is illegal, whether by GoFundMe or the police.

Freezing funds because you don’t like someone’s politics may be something you can do, but expect half of Americans to hate GoFundMe for it.

Angry, happy, or sad has nothing to do with the laws or our constitution.

It isn't theft if they return the money. 

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The funny/weird part is that the truckers have been accused of stealing food from the homeless.

If you saw videos of the raid, you saw there is a TON of food being donated to the truckers, there is no need for them to "steal food from the homeless."

In fact, they have brought excess donations of food to the homeless shelters, they have been feeding the crowds, and they donated a ton of food and other stuff to a woman's shelter down there.

They've provided more assistance to the homeless in the last two weeks than the government has in years. 

Can you believe in an effort to reduce the optics of the protest, the government has actually used our tax dollars to buy up empty hotel rooms? They are left empty while people live on the streets. Sad

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...'Its not today...itll be tomorrow some time.'

You need to quit bringing Gawd into this. Gawd doesn't appreciate it. Nobody does.

I' m sure God appreciates it.  So I don't care what Devil followers and Satan worshipers like.  People who support insurrection, crime, and anarchy are on the way to hell.