Trucker's Convoy

West

59 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You missed the point - deliberately I think.

She said our government has abandoned the rule of law.

No matter what she was actually talking about - her point stands - our government has abandoned the rule of law.  

Their treatment of the convoy is just one example of it.

I didn't miss your point.  I saw it for what it was:  Bad logic. 

Her tweet was hyperbole/rhetoric and to both take it literally and apply it generally is absurd.  I admired her principles and how Trudeau handled her as Justice Minister soured me on him forever, but you're reaching and fooling yourself by concluding that she's referring to the Truckers Protest.  

The best part about our legal system is that Parliament and the Prime Minister can't just do whatever they want.  The Courts can overrule them when they overstep and they often do.  Jody's tweet are unfortunately (for you) not evidence of a breakdown of that system.  This is just another desperate grasp for some sense of legitimacy on your part.  

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Arbitrary enforcement is an accurate description.

BLM okay...you...not so much.

Oh yeah. Trudeau already said you can protest so long as he agrees with you. True tyrant that guy. 

Seem to just make stuff up now. Like carrying a Jerry can is now a criminal offense 

Edited by West
  • Thanks 3

Good news, everyone, the freedom Convoy fund at GiveSendGo is now at $5,100,000 USD!  And it hasn’t even been 3 days yet.

Right now many Canadians have heard glimpses of the truth only, but word is getting out.  They notice how many people are demonstrating on the weekends in their home town, on the overpasses and such.

And you know they are damn tired of wearing masks and trying to keep distancing when they know the masks are scientifically useless.  Maybe these truckers have a point, more and more Canadians are starting to think.

It’s just a matter of time, and the truckers, by being out of work, have all the time in the world.

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So now you are constitutional expert. The court is the final arbiter when it comes to what is "self evident", no one else.

That’s just silly.  You may want to ask a judge before you go into your next public washroom, the sign on the door may not be self evident enough.  For you.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

No....he said they were unacceptable.

Can not be accepted.

What does that mean now? 

Nazi symbolism, racist imagery and desecration of war memorials” are not acceptable free speech but “an insult to memory and truth,” Trudeau said. “We won’t give in to those who fly racist flags, we won’t cave to those who engage in vandalism or dishonor the memory of our veterans.”

That is what he said. So you think those things are acceptable?

He is a politician playing politics. 

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

Why should truckers be the only ones who get to protest? Is no one else entitled to express an opinion? Should only people who get their news from the likes of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other unaccountable sources be entitled to make policy and have opinions? Canadians are smart enough and that’s why they are losing patience and starting counter protests.

Nobody is not telling you to protest, get a sign join in , protest what ever you want...But if your going to get on media what ever form you use, it should atleast try to be truthful...

CBC aired this morning with the NDP leader, and he said this protest was about taking control over the government and replacing them with unelected people, .... days before it was funded by Russia, now it is being funded by America, Ottawa is under siege!!!! it is to dangerous to walk around in Ottawa, what is next. It is like we have never seen a protest in Canada... and it is only going to get bigger, so buckle up.

Every Canadian regardless of beliefs are entitled to influence policy in any form and have opinions...sorry i did not know...

Canadians are pissed off they are being unconvinced. they don't give a rats ass about why, they want to watch TV in peace... Canadians are not that smart trust me, if they can be fooled by climate Barbie then they will believe anything...

NO ONE is stopping any protest, get down to the mayor office with a sign...start making noise...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So you're going with: Truckers are Nazis.

Understood.

I'm not claiming anyone is a Nazi, although seeing swastika flags sure makes me wonder about some of them. You have no trouble claiming Trudeau is a Nazi. What goes around comes around.

The Nazi equivalents are your shtick.

Edited by Aristides

Just now, Aristides said:

We know a lot of funding has been coming from the US. Ted Cruz is even a fan.

I'm not claiming anyone is a Nazi, although seeing swastika flags sure makes me wonder about some of them. You have no trouble claiming Trudeau is a Nazi. What goes around comes around.

Post a few pics of these Nazi flags if you would.