Trucker's Convoy

West

8 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Well I have never listened to Rogan but would hate for him to change because a terrible singer like Neil wants him to. His hope though was that Spotify would CANCEL Rogan.  The left is all about trashing the first amendment these days.  The left in America is no better on free speech than Canadians.

Generally the Joe (& friends) sitting around with cigars talking to anyone about anything. The book burners want him gone as he'll give a platform to their worst enemies....Jordan for example. Never-mind that he'll talk to BLM guys or whatever, whomever, as well.

Edited by DogOnPorch

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Generally the Joe (& friends) sitting around with cigars talking to anyone about anything. The book burners want him gone as he'll give a platform to their worst enemies....Jordan for example. Never-mind that he'll talk to BLM guys or whatever, whomever, as well.

It's never enough for the left.  Think Orwell.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

The Trucker Convey is a lot of Sound and Fury signifying absolutely nothing. 

I wonder why (presumably) Conservative who are all about and over "the little guy" would be so snobbish and dismissive did it say ... arrogant? when little guy shows on their doorstep? Could it be because they are part of the problem, aka the Governing Circle? Sure little guy (with gal) let's hug you, pat on your shoulder and shake your hand... but only within two months of the election. Yes that's it, over now. You've made your point and now you should go. No we don't need you here. We'll figure it out from here (between ourselves).

Edited by myata

5 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

So if EVERYONE can spread it, then why are these place targeting the unvaccinated? 

Can unvaccinated fly? Can they take trains? Nope

Even to go into these place that you say where COVID is most likely to occur...the unvaccinated need to pay to prove they don't have it even though the vaccinated are just as likely to have it. 

Everyone means everyone....vaccinated and unvaccinated. 

You're not making sense. I never said everyone spreads it.  The restrictions target the places and people more likely to spread it.

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You should have saved your typing here. You tried to compare a purely racist and communist organization to all white men.

I did nothing even remotely like that.  This is the sort of raving nonsense that undermines everything you say.  It's hard to take you seriously if all you're going to do is rant hyperbole.  

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

People who engage in such racial discrimination need to be identified and labeled as potential terrorists.

Have a warm and fuzzy day. 

I couldn't even make up quotes this foolish.  Thanks for the laugh.  

17 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It may not matter that the constitution is being violated, since there must be times when a constitution needs to be overridden, as during national emergencies or under a war measures act. But these are supposed to be temporary measures.

but you can't even explain how the Constitution is being violated.  That's just a provocative thing you can say to each other to rile one another up.  

40 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I did nothing even remotely like that.  This is the sort of raving nonsense that undermines everything you say.  It's hard to take you seriously if all you're going to do is rant hyperbole.  

I couldn't even make up quotes this foolish.  Thanks for the laugh.  

1. You most certainly did. And now, as would your stereotypical Libbie, you deny your own words. The Psaki school of propaganda would be proud of you.

2. You deny your own words and cannot refute anything. 

Game...set...match.

Edited by Nationalist

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

You're not making sense. I never said everyone spreads it.  The restrictions target the places and people more likely to spread it.

I know you didn't say it.... I said everyone spreads it. This is because they do. Are you still caught up on the narrative from when the vaccines worked on preventing infection because that started to change with Delta and it has completely been blown out of the water with Omicron.  They keep pushing the vaccines because they claim it reduces severe infection like hospitalization and ICU however even those numbers continue to creep up and are now very close to matching their demographic percentages. 

There are two things that are clear:

1. The vaccines wane after about 5-6 months so the majority of vaccinated people were starting to be exposed with Delta, never mind Omicron

2. The vaccines are basically ineffective at preventing infection with Omicron, hence the reason why they are trying to create a new Omicron vaccine. 

Having vaccine mandates at this point is absolutely and completely useless. Hence the reason Sask is getting rid of theirs and Alberta announced they will be doing away with theirs soon. My guess is Ontario won't be far behind. Also the reason that Quebec just walked back on their threat to tax the unvaccinated. 

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Would you ever consider public health efforts such as lockdowns to be justified, even if the virus had an extremely high fatality rate?

If the virus had a high fatality rate, everyone would have been on board for staying home, masking, restrictions.  They would have been clamoring for a vaccine.

But early on, thinking people could see that what was being blasted to us on the news every 15 minutes was not the case. Thinking people could see through the steady diet of fear being force-fed to us all, and that the numbers and facts were not matching what we were being fed.

The forced vaccinations I think did it for a lot of people.  Almost everybody I know who got the jabs did it for other reasons than for health - they did it to travel, they did it to keep their jobs, they did it to make the government happy so this would end.  Some have said they don't even know why they did it.

I'm sorry but the jig is up.  Lots of us have known it for a long time.  And we're tired of playing this warped version of Fear Factor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Is that a long, convoluted, "yes, I would be in favour of lockdowns if the death rate were high"?

It's a nicer way of saying Well duh.  Of course if the fatality rate was higher people would be okay with restrictions and lockdowns. The fatality rate was never high enough to justify what's been going on.

4 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Is that a long, convoluted, "yes, I would be in favour of lockdowns if the death rate were high"?

It's a nicer way of saying Well duh.  Of course if the fatality rate was higher people would be okay with restrictions and lockdowns. The fatality rate was never high enough to justify what's been going on.

59 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

I know you didn't say it.... I said everyone spreads it. This is because they do. Are you still caught up on the narrative from when the vaccines worked on preventing infection because that started to change with Delta and it has completely been blown out of the water with Omicron.  They keep pushing the vaccines because they claim it reduces severe infection like hospitalization and ICU however even those numbers continue to creep up and are now very close to matching their demographic percentages. 

There are two things that are clear:

1. The vaccines wane after about 5-6 months so the majority of vaccinated people were starting to be exposed with Delta, never mind Omicron

2. The vaccines are basically ineffective at preventing infection with Omicron, hence the reason why they are trying to create a new Omicron vaccine. 

Having vaccine mandates at this point is absolutely and completely useless. Hence the reason Sask is getting rid of theirs and Alberta announced they will be doing away with theirs soon. My guess is Ontario won't be far behind. Also the reason that Quebec just walked back on their threat to tax the unvaccinated. 

That's not correct.  I listened to a medical doctor on CBC today that contributes regularly and he said Saskatchewan is making a mistake.  

It's not correct to say the vaccine is ineffective for Omicron.  All medical professionals say the vaccine generally helps prevent serious illness with Omicron.  It helps prevent hospitalization, and fewer deaths and long Covid.

You can believe what you want, but I believe the experts.  Mandates are not useless.  They reduce the amount of spread.

20 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's not correct.  I listened to a medical doctor on CBC today that contributes regularly and he said Saskatchewan is making a mistake.  

It's not correct to say the vaccine is ineffective for Omicron.  All medical professionals say the vaccine generally helps prevent serious illness with Omicron.  It helps prevent hospitalization, and fewer deaths and long Covid.

You can believe what you want, but I believe the experts.  Mandates are not useless.  They reduce the amount of spread.

No that’s enough of mandates and restrictions after two years of lockdowns, masks, and vaccines up the wazoo.  Let people protect themselves as they see fit.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Goddess said:

So the talk of rights and freedoms is irrelevant with a high enough death rate?

39 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

The main purpose of lockdowns is to spread out hospitalizations and deaths over a wider period of time.  It’s not to save lives.  You’re still under that false impression.  Regardless,

Johns Hopkins Study: Lockdowns Had ‘Little To No Effect On COVID-19 Mortality’ But Had ‘Devastating’ Effects On Society.

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Shady said:

The main purpose of lockdowns is to spread out hospitalizations and deaths over a wider period of time.  It’s not to save lives.  You’re still under that false impression.  

I would ask you the same question--do you think a high enough death rate would justify lockdowns even though they limit our basic rights? But unlike goddess, you never met a tough question you were willing to answer honestly. So I won't bother.

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

This is Canada's Tiananmen Square...

But boy oh boy, do they ever want to get in there and take them out of there by the sound of sabre rattling, weeping, and gnashing of teeth. Bring on the riot police, clear them out! This has gone too far!

...They even got the army generals to speak out in outrage, on a Sunday. That tells you something right there.

Indeed....from the CBC:

As anti-vaccine mandate protest enters 5th day in Ottawa, some worry about how it might end

"At least initially, having the protesters make the decision to leave on their own accord would be much better for everyone," he said.

"Using more police force, using heavy equipment, using various crowd control tactics, would move ... in the direction of paramilitary action. The types of actions we don't traditionally see on the streets in Canada."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/how-to-end-protest-ottawa-1.6334010

Maybe Trudeau can find some tanks to use as well.

Edited to add:  Looks like heavy equipment tow truck operators are not so willing to cooperate with government requests for removal services.  

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Update
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Indeed....from the CBC:

Maybe Trudeau can find some tanks to use as well.

Edited to add:  Looks like heavy equipment tow truck operators are not so willing to cooperate with government requests for removal services.  

It’s interesting.  I had a few conversations with well-respected people in my organization’s community the past couple of days.  The impression overall is that Trudeau’s communications and PR people have made an unconvincing attempt to paint the protests as radical. Ottawa’s own police force said that there haven’t been any riots or violence.  The so-called vandalism of national monuments consisted of a flag and sign on Terry Fox saying, “Mandate Freedom” and some urine at the foot of the war memorial which might have come from a dog.

The protest has been a mostly folksy grassroots movement supported by families who are desperate to get back to having normal lives   They are protesting government overreach   Thank God!   Protests will soon take place in Quebec where Premier Legault has realized that the public is against further alienating unvaccinated essential workers and restrictions in general.

I think most provincial governments and the federal government are placing a losing bet associating themselves with continued restrictions, which are absolutely a violation of Charter rights.  The opposition is strong but needs unification and a confident clear message that laughs off the inevitable attempt to use identity politics to discredit valid concerns.

Our mainstream media is still largely supporting the government, but the cracks are growing.  The Conservative leader’s attempt to mimic Liberal messaging to win support is a clear failure. People are crying out for a real opposition, a real choice that’s against government overreach, high taxes (including carbon taxes), and brutal regulations on resource development. The Wall Street Journal has it pegged:

https://apple.news/A7oaj5j5dRe6b0iZdrMH48g

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2