Trucker's Convoy

West

59 minutes ago, Goddess said:

He keeps repeating "90% of Canadians are vaccinated" as an answer to every question.

I find it funny how they use the term vaccinated to their advantage. When they want to boost their number of people vaccinated, that term means anyone who has taken one shot or more. Even with that definition, the percent of TOTAL population vaccinated is 83.75%...not 90%. The percentage of people who are fully vaxxed is 77.94%...not 90%. 

Of course when it comes to bashing people, those same people who have only got one shot are now considered unvaccinated. Interesting to see that play on words. 

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The unlawful blocking of the highway at the major border crossing between Alberta and Montana looks like it will be coming to an end today. 

Good. Like I said, I don't believe any protest should be able to block roads. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well as long as you're just making shit up. ?

Don't as me for a cite of a ridiculous unsubstantiated claim!!! Do your own research!!!! 

It's been cited here before.  You ignored it like you always do.

Here it is for you.

AGAIN.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/indiana/indiana-life-insurance-ceo-says-deaths-are-up-40-among-people-ages-18-64/article_71473b12-6b1e-11ec-8641-5b2c06725e2c.html

This "Cite" game you play where you demand cites that have already been posted and discussed and then deny you ever saw them and demand the cites over and over and over again is getting annoying.

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No where in that article does it suggest that the vaccine, specifically, was causing this spike. 

Variants like Delta and lower vaccination rate (in that specific state around 50%) could be the cause of death. 

In fact the article makes no conclusions as to what's causing the spike. It actually states, they have No idea what the cause is. Could it be opioids? 

In a follow-up call, he said he did not have a breakdown showing why so many people in the state are being hospitalized – for what conditions or ailments. But he said the extraordinarily high death rate quoted by Davison matched what hospitals in the state are seeing.

"What it confirmed for me is it bore out what we're seeing on the front end,..." he said.

The number of hospitalizations in the state is now higher than before the COVID-19 vaccine was introduced a year ago, and in fact is higher than it’s been in the past five years, Dr. Lindsay Weaver, Indiana’s chief medical officer, said at a news conference with Gov. Eric Holcomb on Wednesday.

Deaths going up since the introduction of the vaccine can be easily linked to lower vaccination rates and variants that cause more death in younger people. Alpha, Beta and Delta. 

Omicron doesn't appear to do that, which is a good thin. 

This "Cite" game you play where you demand cites that have already been posted and discussed and then deny you ever saw them and demand the cites over and over and over again is getting annoying.

Sorry, I don't comb over everything you post. Thank you for the cite, though. 

Edited by Boges

48 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The unlawful blocking of the highway at the major border crossing between Alberta and Montana looks like it will be coming to an end today.  The RCMP is moving in now in large numbers.  There is a difference between peaceful protests and illegally blockading highways or cities.  We will see if it ends peacefully today or whether it requires tactical units to use force.

" 4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."  Romans 13:4 KJV

But you would never apply that same standard to say the Mohawks who blocked a road awhile back, or Green protesters?  Its OK if they block a road?

49 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The unlawful blocking of the highway at the major border crossing between Alberta and Montana looks like it will be coming to an end today.  The RCMP is moving in now in large numbers.  There is a difference between peaceful protests and illegally blockading highways or cities.  We will see if it ends peacefully today or whether it requires tactical units to use force.

" 4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."  Romans 13:4 KJV

YOU quote the Bible?  OH God no.  I bet you read Sojourners right?

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Could it be opioids? 

It has to be something much bigger than that. He says 10% increase is a once in 200 year catastrophe, so 40% is extremely alarming.

“Just to give you an idea of how bad that is, a three-sigma or a one-in-200-year catastrophe would be 10% increase over pre-pandemic,” he said. “So 40% is just unheard of.”

It also jives with the increase in heart attacks and sudden unexplained deaths of younger people, post-jabbers.

Edited by Goddess

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

It has to be something much bigger than that. He says 10% increase is a once in 200 year catastrophe, so 40% is extremely alarming.

Well, if it was the vaccine, then you'd see much higher rates of death in states, or provinces, with much higher vaccination rates. 

Indiana has a relatively low vaccination rate. 

It could be that Indiana is largely a pretty shitty state to live in for young people. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

No where in that article does it suggest that the vaccine, specifically, was causing this spike. 

Variants like Delta and lower vaccination rate (in that specific state) around 50% could be the cause. 

The article doesn't say vaccine but it does say this:

Most of the claims for deaths being filed are not classified as COVID-19 deaths, Davison said.

“What the data is showing to us is that the deaths that are being reported as COVID deaths greatly understate the actual death losses among working-age people from the pandemic. It may not all be COVID on their death certificate, but deaths are up just huge, huge numbers.”

Opiods is definitely one idea. Mental health issues could be another. 

Regardless, if this article is true then it would point to a side of the lockdowns that many people have argued for a while now in that the lockdowns come at a price of their own. 

Just now, Goddess said:

Oh whoops, I forgot we're not allowed to talk about that.

Well that article you cited is certainly not evidence of that. 

Joe Rogan found out on air that COVID actually comes with a greater risk of these heart conditions in young people than the vaccine. 

4 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Regardless, if this article is true then it would point to a side of the lockdowns that many people have argued for a while now in that the lockdowns come at a price of their own. 

And I'm coming around to that line of thinking as well. These lockdowns must be awful for younger people. We should stop them. 

The un-answerable question is how much more additional death would have been experienced had COVID been left unchecked in more densely population North American communities. 

Edited by Boges

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

And I'm coming around to that line of thinking as well. These lockdowns must be awful for younger people. We should stop them. 

The un-answerable question is how much more additional death would have been experienced had COVID been left unchecked in more densely population North American communities. 

No one knows for sure, but my estimation is it would have been the same result we got anyways. We saw Sweden uptick a bit higher in deaths than the UK, in the beginning, but now it pretty much in line with result in the UK.

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well that article you cited is certainly not evidence of that. 

Joe Rogan found out on air that COVID actually comes with a greater risk of these heart conditions in young people than the vaccine. 

The left's response to Rogan though has shown how much they hate free speech.  Especially Neil Young who makes his money off the first amendment, and wants to deny Rogan it.  I am sure Rogan is fabulously wrong about COVID, but he should be entitled to his opinion.

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

The left's response to Rogan though has shown how much they hate free speech.  Especially Neil Young who makes his money off the first amendment, and wants to deny Rogan it.  I am sure Rogan is fabulously wrong about COVID, but he should be entitled to his opinion.

Young is using his own Free Speech. 

Just now, Faramir said:

Yes to argue that Rogan should be denied free speech.  I just find it fresh when first amendment beneficiaries want to deny it to others.  If it wasn't for free speech no one would listen to his craptastic music.

No he's saying that he doesn't want to be associated with a company that associates with him. 

Kind of dumb IMHO, but it's his right. It's caused Rogan and Spotify to react and be more mindful of the content of his show. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

No he's saying that he doesn't want to be associated with a company that associates with him. 

Kind of dumb IMHO, but it's his right. It's caused Rogan and Spotify to react and be more mindful of the content of his show. 

Well I have never listened to Rogan but would hate for him to change because a terrible singer like Neil wants him to. His hope though was that Spotify would CANCEL Rogan.  The left is all about trashing the first amendment these days.  The left in America is no better on free speech than Canadians.