Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The nation did elected someone just a few months ago. Now a bunch of far right extremists appear trying to overthrow the will of the nation by intimidation and occupation of the Capital city. Unfortunately the use of Arm forces may become necessary as a last resort.

How can blocking a few roads be a means of overthrowing a government ? they may be a pain in the ass, but really have they been violent, have they made a move towards occupying the parliament...OKA did not work out well for the military, it's diminished reputation meant hardships like budget cuts, man power cuts and most Canadians developed a dislike for DND...to the point we were not allow to wear our uniforms out in public... and for a people who already don't like the military how do you see this working out... 

This is not like OKA they have not killed a police officer, that and i don't think your ready for a OKA event in down town Ottawa lots of Helo's flying at tree top level dropping smoke  and bangers while armed soldiers with live rounds assaulting  dug in positions with armoured vehs including LAVS , and TANKS, lets not forget the massive M109 arty guns parked in the back ground ready to be used if nessicary as a show of force...had one shot been fired that day, , it would have turned out to be one of Canada's darkest days...it would have been a a disaster, with mass causalities, that included men, women and small children.. 

Sorry the last thing our soldiers want to do is harm or kill Canadians, If your police can not do it, they will eventual have to get tougher or wait it out... force is not the only option here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

So you are in the "no lockdowns ever no matter how deadly and contagious" group?

I did not say that, lock downs should have been a last resort action reserved for something far more dangerous than this..., shutting down the economy was not worth what we paid for it, not mentioning  the well over 400 bil and climbing every day...when do you draw the line....There are dozens of other actions we could have taken to reign this virus in...

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

.. force is not the only option here. 

That's where you err.  These people are taking advantage of the pacifist attitude of the police chief and mayor of Ottawa.  They are walking all over the people of Ottawa.  They should be removed by force;  whatever it takes.  Don't play the game of who is going to back down first.  That is foolishness and weak.  This is a huge disruption to people who want to go to work and do their business in Ottawa.  This is not like Oka which was not in a city and not blocking a vital border crossing.  Oka dragged on and on because there was nothing critical being shut down.  This is totally different and needs immediate action.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Conservative caucus has ousted O'Toole by a 61% vote.  This could be partly because of his support of the trucker's convoy.  He was a disaster.  He likely alienated most Canadians.  The problem is his replacement will probably also oppose the health measures and support the fringe anti-vax truckers.  Most Canadians are not supporters of anti-vaxxers or anti-health measures.  This will not help the Conservatives in the next election.  The whole Conservative disaster is helping Trudeau and Liberals.

You’re ridiculous.  O’Toole is out because he’s positioned himself as a Liberal in all but name on carbon taxes and government overreach.  There’s no Conservative Party under O’Toole.  

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re ridiculous.  O’Toole is out because he’s positioned himself as a Liberal in all but name on carbon taxes and government overreach.  There’s no Conservative Party under O’Toole.  

Yes, O'Toole was a liberal in Conservative clothing.  and his support of carbon taxes was a big issue.  But he should have kept out of the trucker's convoy issue.  Canadians are divided on that.  He jumped into it unwisely which just alienated a lot of Canadians.  Funny the protesters wanted to get rid of Trudeau, but O'Toole is the one who is gone.

The so-called "freedom convoy" was really a protest against everything under the sun.  There were many different factions to it.  And O'Toole changed his tune on it in a matter of minutes.  He was confused and untrustworthy.  

Edited by blackbird

32 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Kind of like when groups protested the rail way lines in Ontario, or blocking construction of the new pipeline...those lasted weeks months...protests don't become illegal becasue they inconvenience some... The center of the world is Ottawa, thats everyone target for protests...you would think they would know that by now...

We had railway blockades in BC as well. They were treated with much more respect and patience by the leaders and politicians than the freedom convoy is. That illustrates how unevenly freedom is applied in our nation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sharkman said:

We had railway blockades in BC as well. They were treated with much more respect and patience by the leaders and politicians than the freedom convoy is. That illustrates how unevenly freedom is applied in our nation.

Oh yeah the MMIW group blocked off the highway 1 a couple years ago. Annoying perhaps but didn't wish them harm

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Blocking railways and streets and generally causing havoc, blowing horns for days and keeping people in the area awake for days is not legitimate protest.

32 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How can blocking a few roads be a means of overthrowing a government ? they may be a pain in the ass, but really have they been violent, have they made a move towards occupying the parliament...OKA did not work out well for the military, it's diminished reputation meant hardships like budget cuts, man power cuts and most Canadians developed a dislike for DND...to the point we were not allow to wear our uniforms out in public... and for a people who already don't like the military how do you see this working out... 

They are breaking the law and the small unarmed police force appear to be unable to enforce the law or stand up against the possible very angry protesters (police intelligence is indicating a few may be even armed), and the people of Ottawa are paying the heavy price for it not to mention businesses in Ottawa are closed and people out of jobs as a result. So I said Army may have to be called in as a last resort not to kill anyone but remove the very heavy trucks which are blocking downtown roads and harassing the residents.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

The Last Straw:

This morning I woke up eager to return to the gym. When I got there, I had to show a Qcode (or whatever the hell those boxes are called) to prove I'd taken 2 vaccine jabs. That was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me. Insignificant, I know. But I'm at the point where I can't do this anymore. I'm actually afraid I'm going to bury the first snot who makes some stupid comment about my mask or something to me. So, since I have a couple days free right now, I'm gonna partake in all of the canadian-allowed vices, in order to try to bring myself back to the ground.

@DougFord - I had hoped you be more like your brother. I had hoped you'd have the same resolve. You do not. I can no longer cast any ballots in your favour.

@Pixie-DustTrudeau - You are a disgrace.!

@ MaxBernier - For as long as I remain in Canada, I will cast ballots for your new political party. Please show the 2 men mentioned above, and the millions in Canada who have lost their selves in a fear-soaked panic, what a real Canadian is, and how a real Canadian leads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

What human right was violated?  Nobody has a human right to spread Covid to other people.

The right to never be infected with a virus, cold, flu, illness or disease carried by another person does not exist.

The right to not have a forced medical procedure on yourself does exist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's where you err.  These people are taking advantage of the pacifist attitude of the police chief and mayor of Ottawa.  They are walking all over the people of Ottawa.  They should be removed by force;  whatever it takes.  Don't play the game of who is going to back down first.  That is foolishness and weak.  This is a huge disruption to people who want to go to work and do their business in Ottawa.  This is not like Oka which was not in a city and not blocking a vital border crossing.  Oka dragged on and on because there was nothing critical being shut down.  This is totally different and needs immediate action.

Seeing who is going to back down first does not fill body bags with once Canadians citizens... Your police are trained for this, the Army does not do much of that any more. Protest do that they disrupt things to make their point...did Justin negotiate with first nations blocking the train tracks...yes he did..

You call in the military just what type of force do you think they are going to use that can not be brought to bear by the RCMP.. PM would never authorize any fully auto MG wpns or auto cannons like a LAV's 25mm be used so that means small arms pistol and rifle , things the RCMP already have they are armed with the same rifles we are....

The one guy that can solve this is the PM, 

OKA there where police officers were killed in their assault on first nation dug in positions  plus many more wounded...The first nations had them out manned and out gunned... 

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

They are breaking the law and the small unarmed police force appear to be unable to enforce the law or stand up against the possible very angry protesters and the people of Ottawa are paying the heavy price for it not to mention businesses in Ottawa are closed and people out of jobs as a result. So I said Army may have to be called in as a last resort not to kill anyone but remove the very heavy trucks which are blocking downtown roads and harassing the residents.

RCMP have access to the same type of rifles we have , they are better trained at clearing riots or occupations of civilians than the military. The same goes for the OPP, they also have access to heavy wreckers that could be used to seize and remove any known veh in Ottawa. until the police have some officers killed then the army is not an option.

That being said there is no way your going to clear these guys out with out knocking some heads, and it is not going to be pretty... and when tempers are up thats when the shit hits the fan...there are women and kids there as well no doubt they will be drawn into all of this...

15 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Seeing who is going to back down first does not fill body bags with once Canadians citizens... Your police are trained for this, the Army does not do much of that any more. Protest do that they disrupt things to make their point...did Justin negotiate with first nations blocking the train tracks...yes he did..

You call in the military just what type of force do you think they are going to use that can not be brought to bear by the RCMP.. PM would never authorize any fully auto MG wpns or auto cannons like a LAV's 25mm be used so that means small arms pistol and rifle , things the RCMP already have they are armed with the same rifles we are....

The one guy that can solve this is the PM, 

OKA there where police officers were killed in their assault on first nation dug in positions  plus many more wounded...The first nations had them out manned and out gunned... 

Maybe the police could be used to arrest the blockaders and the army could be used to tow the trucks and vehicles away.  That would do it. No need for a shoot out.  Just arrest them and take them away.

Edited by blackbird

21 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

What kind of army do we have?  How is it possible FN could outgun the army?  The Oka crisis sounds like it was some kind of joke.

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

RCMP have access to the same type of rifles we have , they are better trained at clearing riots or occupations of civilians than the military. The same goes for the OPP, they also have access to heavy wreckers that could be used to seize and remove any known veh in Ottawa. until the police have some officers killed then the army is not an option.

That being said there is no way your going to clear these guys out with out knocking some heads, and it is not going to be pretty... and when tempers are up thats when the shit hits the fan...there are women and kids there as well no doubt they will be drawn into all of this...

Police cars are not able to move heavy trucks. Armored vehicles only owned by army can.

Basically what you are suggesting is that if a group of strong angry mob takes over a place (a bank, a town, a city, government), then they should be allowed to get away with it and let them win or do what they want including breaking the law in order to avoid possible bloodshed? So guys if you wish to rob the central bank then do it in huge numbers with large trucks and law enforcement will not intervene fearing bloodshed, right? Not a good analogy but basically that is what you are saying. But at least you agree these people are endangering the public.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

Just now, blackbird said:

What kind of army do we have?  How is it possible FN could outgun the army?  The Oka crisis sounds like it was some kind of joke.

We have a small one, that is under manned and under equipped.

Not the Army they out gunned and out manned the QPP special tactics unit...which resulted in the death of police officers and several wounded. 

The Army once on the ground out numbered them 10 to 1, 

41 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes, O'Toole was a liberal in Conservative clothing.  and his support of carbon taxes was a big issue.  But he should have kept out of the trucker's convoy issue.  Canadians are divided on that.  He jumped into it unwisely which just alienated a lot of Canadians.  Funny the protesters wanted to get rid of Trudeau, but O'Toole is the one who is gone.

The so-called "freedom convoy" was really a protest against everything under the sun.  There were many different factions to it.  And O'Toole changed his tune on it in a matter of minutes.  He was confused and untrustworthy.  

The convoy is about protecting our constitutional rights.  

On 1/31/2022 at 4:15 PM, Army Guy said:

My question is why did they mandate vaccines for truckers now, the whole premise of not mandating it at the start of the pandemic was not to cause supply shortages , what is so different today ? 

What is sad is the fact that the truckers are fighting for Aristotle's rights and freedoms also. Aristotle just cannot seem to get that thru that thick scull of his. We need less of his kind who have nothing to offer but contempt for people who bloody well give a shit. All those truckers are starting to lose their lively hoods in order to try and make CANADA GREAT AGAIN. 

Anti-truckers like that wannabee Aristotle disgusts me and will never understand as to what freedom and rights are all about. They seem to enjoy this new normal life of having to wear masks and getting vaccinated forever if need be.

These fools should go and live in China or North Korea for a year. They will be happy as hell to get their leftist liberal asses on a plane and fly back to Canada tout suite. This country is on the verge of losing all of our rights and freedoms to the likes of people like Aristotle who appears to only be concerned about himself and screw all others. ?

• Like 1