Islamophobia in Canada

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

I wasn't the one that wanted to make an example of her and her family, that was PIK a half hour ago. You yourself wanted to force her to make a public apology. I am not against her making a public apology, but that is not up to me or you that is up to her family to decide what is appropriate. We have absolutely no idea about her family, so what qualifies us to make demands?

You are damn right. What she did is unacceptable. And what she did, gives us the right to demand a apology. If some guy did that to her, I would be asking for his head, not just a apology.

• Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

Mostly I think it was just a little girl, desperate to ditch the hijab.  Maybe she thought if she was attacked, her parents would think it was too dangerous to wear and let her go without one.

Never thought about that.Interesting.

18 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Mostly I think it was just a little girl, desperate to ditch the hijab.  Maybe she thought if she was attacked, her parents would think it was too dangerous to wear and let her go without one.

Perhaps. But it isn't children that get the media and Prime Minister involved. Folks...kids even...get their headwear knocked off daily in Canada...daily...without media attention.

The message is that the hijab is special...thus Islam is special.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Perhaps. But it isn't children that get the media and Prime Minister involved. Folks...kids even...get their headwear knocked off daily in Canada...daily...without media attention.

The message is that the hijab is special...thus Islam is special.

It seems that is the message Trudeau wants to push.  First the debacle with Boyle and now this.  You'd think he would wise up and not comment on things before they are investigated, but in his rush to defend all things Islam, he's looking more and more the fool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boges said:

I guess you can't charge an 11-year-old with a crime in Canada. 

No, but they should interview the parents to find out who put her up to it.   I want an apology from Trudeau and Wynne who were quick to blame Canadians for Islamophobia as they cried their crocodile tears.   Bet they'll find some excuse why not to apologize.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Interesting, didn't think about that...   wonder if her parents think about it too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Argus said:

This alleged monstrous crime was big news on every news show. CTV and CBC even covered the police press conference live. All the progressives were breathless with glee at yet another confirmation...

Actually, no.  This thread didn't get an update until it turned out the little rat had lied.

This is a good 'story' but if it wasn't significant to us when it was reported as a hate crime then it shouldn't be significant if it's a little rat lying....

39 minutes ago, PIK said:

You are damn right. What she did is unacceptable. And what she did, gives us the right to demand a apology. If some guy did that to her, I would be asking for his head, not just a apology.

So every misdeed by children must be met with demands from you?

12 minutes ago, scribblet said:

No, but they should interview the parents to find out who put her up to it.   I want an apology from Trudeau and Wynne who were quick to blame Canadians for Islamophobia as they cried their crocodile tears.   Bet they'll find some excuse why not to apologize.  

Do you want an apology from Scheer as well, or doesn't that serve your partisan agenda?

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Actually, no.  This thread didn't get an update until it turned out the little rat had lied.

I guess in lieu of an apology, she can put up with the likes of you and your pejoratives.

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Agreed, guess I was expecting too much from you.

Well, I'll admit my response is emotional and irrational.  I can forgive a lying kid, but it reminds us to be a little skeptical.  Yes, I absolutely believed the little.... well... yeah.

There was a lawyer on CP24 just now saying that mischief charges should be brought.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

her name Khawlah, is clearly one from her homeland.

I think there were too many Dick, Jane & Sally (s) when I was growing up. Actually it was David, Debbie, Karen and Stephen. Why must immigrants Anglicize their names? Should we have an approved list of names, and if you are not on that list then too bad? There are some countries with approved names lists, including Denmark, Germany, and Iceland. There are other countries that have some practical limitations on names such as China which only allows computer readable characters (there are of 70,000 Chinese characters, but not all can be represented on a computer). In the US (at least some states) there is a prohibition against using certain diacritical marks like in José, but that is again driven by computer requirements (more likely untrained computer operators that don't know how to use them), it is also more for record keeping purposes and doesn't prohibit someone from writing their name how they want (ie. free speech, and due process 1st & 14th amendments of Constitution).  In Saudi Arabia there is a list of approved names, but it is very short (eg. less than 100) compared to Germany that has tens of thousands on its list (including 'foreign' ones). A few countries don't have lists, but regulations against using 'offensive' names, although it seems left up to some bureaucrat to decide.

b.t.w., Khawlah means "female deer", not "little rat" as others on here would suggest. Perhaps she should be called "Awinita" which is Cherokee, or some other similar first nation variant of "Fawn".

Edited by ?Impact

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Yeah, I agree. But she's 11, and her brother is even younger. Nothing you can do but give them and their parents a stern talking to.

An investigation, or at least some kind of explanation is in order. For example, what if she didn't think of doing it herself. What if somebody such as an adult put her up to it? That might change things significantly.

From what I understand a lot of people were really scared. Some were afraid to send their kids to school. That is something like terrorism.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

It seems that is the message Trudeau wants to push.  First the debacle with Boyle and now this.  You'd think he would wise up and not comment on things before they are investigated, but in his rush to defend all things Islam, he's looking more and more the fool.

Trudeau has always appeared to be a fool. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

So every misdeed by children must be met with demands from you?

Do you want an apology from Scheer as well, or doesn't that serve your partisan agenda?

I guess in lieu of an apology, she can put up with the likes of you and your pejoratives.

Not every leader of every political party has to jump up and say look at me everyone I am against racism all the time. Try living in a country like South Africa and find out what it is like to be white there. Racism and hatred runs rampant in South Africa but nobody here or the media can be bothered to report on it. Of course let some white guy in S.A. do something bad to a black man/woman and it will be front page news here in Canada and all over the world.

The liberal Canadian media, especially the CBC, is always on the lookout for some racist story where some white guy may have said something that appears or was racist. That is priority number one story to report on for the CBC. They will show the incident for days after. 

26 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

An investigation, or at least some kind of explanation is in order. For example, what if she didn't think of doing it herself. What if somebody such as an adult put her up to it? That might change things significantly.

From what I understand a lot of people were really scared. Some were afraid to send their kids to school. That is something like terrorism.

All this so-called racism and hatred incidents that have been going on for decades now has to always be front page news. Why? So, some Muslim girl reports to the police that she had her hijab cut up, and the whole country has to hear about it. Why? It would appear as though someone or some group is trying to make it appear as though Canada is a racist country and is full of "white" racists KKK bogeymen running around. There have been many stories reported by the liberal media in regards to a racist incident, but were found out to be false incidents.

This is why these events should not be reported in the news anymore because one of the reasons as to why they should not be reporting everything is because the media are always looking for the white man as the culprit or hoping there is a white man involved in the incident. I was surprised when the police did not give the description of the person and their skin color. When a white man is involved in anything like this they will usually tell us that it was some white person. This is why I found this story suspicious. And I was right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taxme said:

The liberal Canadian media, especially the CBC

I just watched the original interview. There were four microphones visible. City Pulse which is fairly even keeled, right wing CTV and Global were also there, and the most prominent microphone was redneck radio 680 news. I suggest you change your statement to reflect the truth which is the Conservative and extreme Conservative media.

The one who I would say jumped the shark in all of this was the school official, principal I assume. Why they called a media conference is beyond me. The girl and her younger brother were telling the story that didn't seem to stand up to police scrutiny. The mother seemed rather reasonable to me, but yes she was wearing a face covering so I assume you will freak out over that.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I just watched the original interview. There were four microphones visible. City Pulse which is fairly even keeled, right wing CTV and Global were also there, and the most prominent microphone was redneck radio 680 news. I suggest you change your statement to reflect the truth which is the Conservative and extreme Conservative media.

The one who I would say jumped the shark in all of this was the school official, principal I assume. Why they called a media conference is beyond me. The girl and her younger brother were telling the story that didn't seem to stand up to police scrutiny. The mother seemed rather reasonable to me, but yes she was wearing a face covering so I assume you will freak out over that.

I was not aware that CTV and Global were right wing news outlets? Where was the Star newspaper? They love reporting on racist or hate crimes all the time. Or did they know that this was going to turn out to be a bull chit story somehow? So, what does redneck radio 680 news talk about anyway? News from the KKK? 

Well, do you think that these reported incidents whether true or not should be reported at all? Why did this ridiculous incident make international news? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

...Well, do you think that these reported incidents whether true or not should be reported at all? Why did this ridiculous incident make international news? 

Good question...did the girl or her parents actually report the false incident to the police...or just news media ?

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Wait a minute....did the 11 year-old fibber report her tall tale to the media, or the police ?

Even in Canada, it is perfectly legal to lie to news media, right ?

What the police should be doing is asking this little liar as to who put her up to this? Surely she would not have thought about doing it all by herself, could she? Just wondering.