Is Russiophobia one of Trudeau's "Acceptable Views"?

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Uh, ok, so then islamophobia is acceptable too?

They've committed 2 massive genocides in the past 50 years, plus a minor one in Yuogoslavia. They commit 95% of the terrorist attacks on earth. The bigotry inside the countries that they control makes Russia look like an LGBTQ utopia, and all of that violence, religious bigotry and homophobia stems right from their prophet himself. 

Is islamophobia ok too now C'15? 

Their violence didn't start 50 years ago. It started 1400 years ago when they invaded neighbors and imposed it with sword. I don't think however now as a muslim country they attack a sovereign country like Ukraine with an army and occupy and bomb its population like Russia do.

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Their violence didn't start 50 years ago. It started 1400 years ago when they invaded neighbors and imposed it with sword. I don't think however now as a muslim country they attack a sovereign country like Ukraine with an army and occupy and bomb its population like Russia do.

You are not a fan of Islam?  Rather surprised.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Modern conflict has not changed that much since then, more rules that nobody really follows... and as with any conflict 90% of those deaths are civilians, unfortunately and tragically those are facts...It is not evil to kill civilians nor is it illegal, if it is done intentionally, or the target is of high value....hence the word collateral damage. 

The World Health organization has recently confirmed that at least 18 hospitals in Ukraine have been hit by enemy fire. The latest being a maternity ward. Isn't it sort of a high number to believe that all were done unintentionally?  How is this not a war crime?

2 minutes ago, suds said:

The World Health organization has recently confirmed that at least 18 hospitals in Ukraine have been hit by enemy fire. The latest being a maternity ward. Isn't it sort of a high number to believe that all were done unintentionally?  How is this not a war crime?

The WHO also told us Taiwan is not on the map.  They are compromised by China and incredibly corrupt

39 minutes ago, Faramir said:

You must have watched a different debate because Wallace was absolutely spewing hate at Trump.  Carlson is the ONLY reason to keep Fox News.

SPEWING HATE!!! 

That's how the word saw it.  ?

7 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Russiophobia is as a direct result of murderous actions by Russian governments and Russian armies over the past many years and centuries and is very legitimate and has nothing to d with Trudeau. The whole world criticizing these murderous actions.

I have to write a book to even summarize murderous actions by various Russian governments but I only summarized the most recent,

Colonizing half the Europe for over half a century sponsoring the most oppressive governments in Eastern Europe

Occupation of Afghanistan and killing of many civilians there even the use of toy bombs to specifically target and kill children.

Killing of civilians in Chechnya and Georgia by Putin regime including the use of cluster bombs

Invasion of Ukraine and indiscriminate bombing and killing of civilians.

Their history is full of murders and killers killing even their own people who dared to oppose like Stalin did with his opponents. Russian army commits many rapes against defenseless civilians every time they occupy a territory.

You should write a book about the follies of the American governments that have been responsible for the same thing that people like you say Russia is accused of. America has been an accomplice for many civilian casualties in many countries. 

The communists were able to colonize half of Europe because of America and Britain handed over and allowing that murdering communist dictator Stalin to take half of Europe. 

You know dyk all about what went on in Chechnya and Georgia because you were not there, right? You are only going by what the lying media tells you what happened. 

The story that I have been getting from the alternative media is that it is the Ukranian army that is doing all the killing bombing in the Ukraine. 

America pretty much invaded Afghanistan also. They lost that war just like the Russians did when they were in Afghanistan several decades ago. 

There have been many countries that have invaded and occupied other countries in the past and no doubt they probably did the same thing to the women that they conquered. Women are easy targets. A fact of life. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, suds said:

If this is a war between Russia and the Ukraine then casualties will happen. Like in all wars, it is the innocent people that end up paying the price. When one side in the war sends off a flying bomb there is no way to know as to know exactly where it will land. Rumor has it that the Ukrainian army has been bombing some of it's own buildings and trying to blame it on Russia. Hey, we never know, eh? We can only go by what the not so honest media tells us.  ?

24 minutes ago, taxme said:

The story that I have been getting from the alternative media is that it is the Ukranian army that is doing all the killing bombing in the Ukraine. 

You are well known to have a very reverse imaginary view of the facts.. So Ukrainian army is bombing Ukraine!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am not sure to laugh r cry. I bet the alternative media you speak of is Kremlin and lying Russian media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes make the condition in Russia so bad that they stage a military coup and hang Putin. The regime change ends bloodshed in Ukraine.

China will take care of their communist ally, and they’ll make the west pay for it.

Like what Trump said but for real. And this time it’s our asses.

Edited by OftenWrong

4 hours ago, suds said:

The WHO confirmed it, eh?  Those depraved evil child traffickers are going to be dragged from their fat cat mansions and executed, if there is any justice left in the world.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, suds said:

unintentional or it was a military target or a high value target...say like the Normandy beaches during D Day...or a high value target at a crowded wedding ceremony in Afghanistan... 

I know this is going to sound frustrating , but in order to be charged with a war crime one must have the same level of evidence and proof as the court in home home town....one must prove with out a shadow of a doubt that x person or persons did so intentional or following orders from higher....That is "almost" impossible in a theater of war...Omar was not charged, neither was all those Canadian ISIS members coming back to Canada ....

There are many targets that are off limits regardless... Marked hospitals are one, that being said if there are enemy combatants using it for other reasons say storing ammo, then it becomes a legit target... say like terrorist launching rockets next to it, or within it like in Lebanon.... another problem is Russia is no longer a signature holder for the Geneva convention...and does not have to abide by all those rules...

Edited by Army Guy

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I know this is going to sound frustrating , but in order to be charged with a war crime one must have the same level of evidence and proof as the court in home home town....one must prove with out a shadow of a doubt that x person or persons did so intentional or following orders from higher....

That's not right. 

First off, the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt".  

Second, common sense and reason come into the equation.  In a legal setting, "I wasn't targeting the hospital with my indiscriminate artillery fire." would be about as strong a defense as, "I didn't mean to run over that pregnant lady with my truck while driving under the influence."

Specific intention is not important in this case.  General intent is what matters.  If you are firing artillery and dumb bombs into urban areas, you're guaranteed to hit civilian targets.  It doesn't matter that you weren't aiming for the hospitals.  All that matters is that you intentionally fired shells into areas with hospitals and inevitably hit some.  

Wanton destruction of cities/towns/villages and devastation not justified by military necessity are both war crimes.  As an army grunt, you can probably appreciate the number of soldiers that would be required to invade and occupy a country with a population and area the size of Ukraine's.  The Russians aren't coming with nearly enough to occupy/subjugate the towns they are capturing, so they're devastating the area and driving refugees out ahead of them.  That's a war crime sir.  

17 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Your best defence here is that you're speaking Bidenese, so nothing that you said made sense, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that if you said that in English it would have been stupid, misleading and lacking in historical knowledge/understanding. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, West said:

I can't help but notice the rise of Russiophobia in this country. From the Russian theater being vandalized in Vancouver, to sports leagues refusing to draft Russian born players to stories like this one

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/vancouver-recital-society-cancels-performance-by-genius-russian-pianist?_ga=2.162885119.258220157.1646946529-638476670.1646946529&_gl=1*jsmc1m*_ga*NjM4NDc2NjcwLjE2NDY5NDY1Mjk.*_ga_9H6VPHFHKG*MTY0Njk0NjUyOS4xLjEuMTY0Njk0NzE3NS4w

where artists are being cancelled due to their ethnicity. To Facebook temporarily allowing hate speech toward Russians. 

I can't help but wonder if Russiophobia is one of those "acceptable views" that Trudeau was talking about

It is today.

Then tomorrow he will issue an apology , start talking about our diversity and multicultural values and non-discrimination.

It was the Muslims before, the Russians now, the Chinese, the North Koreans, The First Nations........divide and conquer.... just like before.

59 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Your best defence here is that you're speaking Bidenese, so nothing that you said made sense, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that if you said that in English it would have been stupid, misleading and lacking in historical knowledge/understanding. 

Speaking of a lack of historical knowledge/understanding you've apparently never heard of the (Islamic) Ottoman Empire, at six centuries it was amongst the longest lasting empires in history. It even attacked and occupied part of Russia.

Everything C15 said made sense. In answer your question;

19 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Is islamophobia ok too now C'15? 

I can only say that given the historical knowledge/understanding I just imparted to you it should be obvious Islamophobia is everybit as stupid a term as Russophobia.

What we should actually be phobic of are empires. Just about the stupidest thing to do is to pick one over another. Conjuring up phobias about the race, religion, culture or nationality of human beings from the empire in question when many of those people are being just as victimized by it completely misses the point that empires are fundamentally dictatorial in nature.

52 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Speaking of a lack of historical knowledge/understanding you've apparently never heard of the (Islamic) Ottoman Empire, at six centuries it was amongst the longest lasting empires in history. It even attacked and occupied part of Russia.

Where's your historical knowledge? Have you never heard of the Moors?

And what's your point about the Ottomans? Do you think that they were some kind of a utopian society who never committed any genocides? 

Everything C15 said made sense. In answer your question;

No, because I didn't know if he was referring to Russians or Muslims. They are both in the area of 1400 yrs old and he referred to muslim as a country, which is entirely laughable. 

In all honesty, this is gibberish, and if you don't know that it's because you don't have a clue about grammar, punctuation or clarity:

Their violence didn't start 50 years ago. It started 1400 years ago (Russia or islam? Only Russia makes sense with his point, but it's usually understood to be a bit less than 1200 yrs old) when they invaded neighbors and imposed it with sword (huh?). I don't think however now as a muslim country they attack a sovereign country like Ukraine (wtf?) with an army and occupy and bomb its population like Russia do (ummmm?).

That was basically unintelligible and fraught with stupidity, inaccuracy, lack of context and meaning, etc. It was a steaming pile of blather.

I can only say that given the historical knowledge/understanding I just imparted to you it should be obvious Islamophobia is everybit as stupid a term as Russophobia.

What you said in your post was utterly devoid of meaning. You didn't make a point with your reference to the Ottomans.

What we should actually be phobic of are empires. Just about the stupidest thing to do is to pick one over another. Conjuring up phobias about the race, religion, culture or nationality of human beings from the empire in question when many of those people are being just as victimized by it completely misses the point that empires are fundamentally dictatorial in nature.

And your point here is exactly what?

Aren't you picking America over Russia? 

Your whole point is that "It's ok for the Americans and NATO to have biological weapons labs [an absolute certainty now] in Ukraine and to expand NATO's influence to the eastern border of Ukraine, basically turning western Russia into a scary, unliveable hell, and Putin should have no recourse." 

That's just you being partisan and stupid. If Canada had bio-weapons research facilities here that we shared with a sino-ruskie alliance, and we asked them to formalize an alliance with us that had an "Article 5" clause in it, and which would allow them to park cruise missiles and stealth fighters along the 49th parallel, we'd instantly be invaded by the US. There would be cruise missiles up Trudeau's ass before he had time to fart. 

If you don't believe me, just look at what the US did when Cuba tried to provide Russia with some silos. Kennedy threatened Russia with all-out war if he didn't pull out his missiles. Why doesn't Putin have that right if Kennedy did? And if you're being honest, you'll admit that Kennedy's actions still have the unanimous support of all Americans, and I've never heard a single Canadian say that Kennedy was wrong.

FYI we came within a hair's breadth of nuclear war on one fine day during that crisis. It came down to a single command decision made by a submarine fleet commander right at the split second when he was having depth charges dropped on him. That's close. Was it worth it? Yes? No? Who cares. Russia is doing what they have to do, and they have far better reasons than Kennedy ever did. 

Edited by WestCanMan

17 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I didn't know if he was referring to Russians or Muslims.

You're saying you couldn't understand his reply to a question you'd posed about Islamophobia due to grammar?  You really suck at being disingenuous. 

What you said in your post was utterly devoid of meaning. You didn't make a point with your reference to the Ottomans.

It's cute that you think that's my fault.

And your point here is exactly what?

Aren't you picking America over Russia?

Nope. Are you picking Russiophobia over Islamophobia or one empire over another?

Edited by eyeball

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You're saying you couldn't understand his reply to a question you'd posed about Islamophobia due to grammar? 

We were talking about Russiaphobia and islamophobia, and if he was talking about islamophobia, which more closely fits the date range he mentioned, then his post made no sense. 

You really suck at being disingenuous. 

You really suck at everything related to facts, history, politics, integrity and common sense.

It's cute that you think that's my fault.

They're your stupid words, who should I blame?

Nope.

Wrong.

Are you picking Russiophobia over Islamophobia or one empire over another?

I'm saying that Russia isn't in a position to do anything short of what they're doing right now. It's a time to look at current events, not history.

If you look at relevant, recent history, Russia is doing what America did when Kennedy was Prez. 

I'm saying that Russiaphobia is a fad among stupid CNNtards and CTVtards. Sadly, even most of the people at Fox are mostly pimping Russiaphobia now. It's hypocrisy/stupidity of the highest order.