Is Russiophobia one of Trudeau's "Acceptable Views"?

25 minutes ago, Faramir said:

So you think its OK to punish ethnic Russians for Putins aggression.  Did it ever occur to you they came here to escape Putin's Russia.

Who said anything about punishing ethnic Russians? I have said I want Putin and his generals hanged and to achieve that the West must impose significantly more sanctions and armed Ukraine significantly more with advanced defensive weapons.

10 minutes ago, West said:

Afghanistan was a Muslim state...

Yes but you're conflating Islam with the actions of the Taliban. 

I would suggest someone that has sympathetic views towards the Taliban, and their ideology, like forcing a woman to wear a Burkha, or preventing women from attending school , would find difficulty finding mainstream acceptance in much of the Western World. 

Some might find sympathy simply because they don't want to seem racist. But I would oppose that as well. 

17 minutes ago, Boges said:

Yes but you're conflating Islam with the actions of the Taliban. 

I would suggest someone that has sympathetic views towards the Taliban, and their ideology, like forcing a woman to wear a Burkha, or preventing women from attending school , would find difficulty finding mainstream acceptance in much of the Western World. 

Some might find sympathy simply because they don't want to seem racist. But I would oppose that as well. 

I don't know about that. Trudeau won a majority in 2015 in no small part because of Harper's "barbaric practices" hotline

2 minutes ago, West said:

I don't know about that. Trudeau won a majority in 2015 in no small part because of Harper's "barbaric practices" hotline

I don't agree with that. JT had a lot of hype going for him in 2015. 

But I'll concede there's a faction of the Left that will always show sympathy to more arcane Muslim practices out of deference to a racial minority. Which I don't agree with. 

Those same people can be equally appalled by Putin's treatment of the people of Syria. 

2 minutes ago, Faramir said:

These attacks on ethnic Russians might change my earlier revelation that Canadians are actually decent people.

Anyone can get worked up about isolated anecdotes. Do we have evidence that discrimination against Russians (in the West, not in Russia) is common? 

Should we get worked up about stuff like this as well? 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8650770/ukraine-flag-incident-york-region/

3 hours ago, West said:

I can't help but wonder if Russiophobia is one of those "acceptable views" that Trudeau was talking about

I can't help but wonder at how easily you've been duped by Vladimir Putin's propaganda machine.  Maybe you watch too much Tucker Carlson.  

The ease at which you slurp nonsensical Russian and Chinese sources whilst dismissing anything from anywhere else in the world is beyond pathetic.  Anyone who cries about freedom in Canada while boosting Putin's regime and parroting their (and Chinese) propaganda is morally stunted.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Boges said:

Anyone can get worked up about isolated anecdotes. Do we have evidence that discrimination against Russians (in the West, not in Russia) is common? 

Should we get worked up about stuff like this as well? 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8650770/ukraine-flag-incident-york-region/

Fair point.  But are they also refusing to honor athletes in the Olympics?  So its not just Canada.  

32 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I can't help but wonder at how easily you've been duped by Vladimir Putin's propaganda machine.  Maybe you watch too much Tucker Carlson.  

The ease at which you slurp nonsensical Russian and Chinese sources whilst dismissing anything from anywhere else in the world is beyond pathetic.  Anyone who cries about freedom in Canada while boosting Putin's regime and parroting their (and Chinese) propaganda is morally stunted.  

Tucker Carlson is pointing out there globalists have an agenda here.  All out war with Russia.  Bad guys on both sides.  But at least you admit the Chinese are also the bad guys.  So many liberals like to pretend the Chinese are our friends.

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

Tucker Carlson is pointing out there globalists have an agenda here. 

Tucker Carlson is a toxic asshole and little/nothing of what he says is worth repeating.  

All out war with Russia.  Bad guys on both sides. 

Except it's not all-out war with Russia.  It's an all-out invasion of Ukraine by Russia, with the West supporting them however they can without (hopefully) starting WW3.  

But at least you admit the Chinese are also the bad guys.  So many liberals like to pretend the Chinese are our friends.

The Chinese and the Russian regimes are peas in a pod.  It's no surprise that China's thrown their support behind Russia, and that should tell you lots about what's going on in Putin's Russia.  

31 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Tucker Carlson is pointing out there globalists have an agenda here.  All out war with Russia.  Bad guys on both sides.  But at least you admit the Chinese are also the bad guys.  So many liberals like to pretend the Chinese are our friends.

Exactly. Tucker is one of the more sensible people on American television. Pretty much everyone else demands blood. 

2 minutes ago, West said:

Exactly. Tucker is one of the more sensible people on American television. Pretty much everyone else demands blood. 

HAHAHAH!  

Tucker Carlson is sensible...Putin's #1 cheerleader in the USA. 

This is comedy gold.  

Everyone opposes war with nuclear powers. That's why every Russian plane over Ukraine doesn't get shot out of the sky.  The disparity in airpower between NATO and Russia is immense.  

Putin invaded Ukraine, not the other way around.  

Edited by Moonbox

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Everyone opposes war with nuclear powers. That's why every Russian plane over Ukraine doesn't get shot out of the sky.  The disparity in airpower between NATO and Russia is immense.  

Putin invaded Ukraine, not the other way around.  

And your belief is that anyone who disagrees with your views on cancelling the concert of a Russian musician with no ties to Vladamir Putin because Putin is a bad bad bad man is somehow a Kremlin plant? 

Sounds like you need some meds ?

1 minute ago, West said:

And your belief is that anyone who disagrees with your views on cancelling the concert of a Russian musician with no ties to Vladamir Putin because Putin is a bad bad bad man is somehow a Kremlin plant? 

There's that moral equivalency again.  Putin invading a sovereign nation of 44 million and shelling their cities is...fine, but cancelling a Russian musician's concert is OUTRAGEOUS.  

1 minute ago, West said:

Sounds like you need some meds ?

No words.  

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

There's that moral equivalency again.  Putin invading a sovereign nation of 44 million and shelling their cities is...fine, but cancelling a Russian musician's concert is OUTRAGEOUS.  

No words.  

The only one trying to draw an equivalency is you...

• Thanks 1

You don't even understand what the term means.  

If you did, you wouldn't be on here complaining about some Russian dude's concert being cancelled while his country's leadership invades Ukraine and murders its people.  

As far as "but but but..." arguments go, this was one of the dumbest and limpest you could have possibly come up with.  Go back to Telegram and see if Putin's bots can give you something better.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You don't even understand what the term means.  

If you did, you wouldn't be on here complaining about some Russian dude's concert being cancelled while his country's leadership invades Ukraine and murders its people.  

As far as "but but but..." arguments go, this was one of the dumbest and limpest you could have possibly come up with.  Go back to Telegram and see if Putin's bots can give you something better.  

5117230.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Russiophobia is as a direct result of murderous actions by Russian governments and Russian armies over the past many years and centuries and is very legitimate and has nothing to d with Trudeau. The whole world criticizing these murderous actions.

I have to write a book to even summarize murderous actions by various Russian governments but I only summarized the most recent,

Colonizing half the Europe for over half a century sponsoring the most oppressive governments in Eastern Europe

Occupation of Afghanistan and killing of many civilians there even the use of toy bombs to specifically target and kill children.

Killing of civilians in Chechnya and Georgia by Putin regime including the use of cluster bombs

Invasion of Ukraine and indiscriminate bombing and killing of civilians.

Their history is full of murders and killers killing even their own people who dared to oppose like Stalin did with his opponents. Russian army commits many rapes against defenseless civilians every time they occupy a territory.

Uh, ok, so then islamophobia is acceptable too?

They've committed 2 massive genocides in the past 50 years, plus a minor one in Yuogoslavia. They commit 95% of the terrorist attacks on earth. The bigotry inside the countries that they control makes Russia look like an LGBTQ utopia, and all of that violence, religious bigotry and homophobia stems right from their prophet himself. 

Is islamophobia ok too now C'15? 

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet people defend them on here. 

They have a right to live in peace, and Ukraine was a dire threat to that. They didn't have to choose that route but they did. 

Your inability to have understanding for other people's situations is duly noted.

I don't feel moral revulsion often, 

No but you're the cause of it for anyone with an IQ over 70. Your amorality is duly noted.