Emergency Measures Act - Umm...

Moonbox

46 minutes ago, Aristides said:

How does that make Trudeau Hitler? I hate sticking up for the guy but at worst, it makes him like Trump for trying to divide people.

First off...you can ask the liberal commentator Mr. Maher how. 

Second...if Trump ever used the words "do we tolerate these people", the US would have gone up in flames of angry rage. 

BTW....Don Cherry got canned for saying " you people" for something that was largely misconstrued. Yet our glorious leader can use language largely directly at inflaming and targeting a group of people and there is zero consequence. There is no consequence for any of Trudeau's antics especially from his loving left. 

6 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Second...if Trump ever used the words "do we tolerate these people", the US would have gone up in flames of angry rage. 

BTW....Don Cherry got canned for saying " you people" for something that was largely misconstrued. Yet our glorious leader can use language largely directly at inflaming and targeting a group of people and there is zero consequence. There is no consequence for any of Trudeau's antics especially from his loving left. 

He went after Hispanics in his first campaign speech, wanted his opponents put in jail (lock her up) etc. What else do you want. I'm not justifying what Trudeau said, quite the contrary, but Hitler? Give me a freaking break.

Edited by Aristides

8 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Trudeau was off base with those comments but how does that make him Hitler? You can fire Trudeau at the next election or his caucus can get rid of him, that's the way our system works, not by the loudest mob.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Trudeau was off base with those comments but how does that make him Hitler? 

I've already stated that Hitler is the extreme. With that said, people are saying Trudeau is acting like or sounding like Hitler even those on the left.  

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

You can fire Trudeau at the next election or his caucus can get rid of him, that's the way our system works, not by the loudest mob.

Believe it or not, I'm not calling for his head but do want him gone by parliamentary methods. But contrary to what you say, the loudest mob does win. Unfortunately, when it comes time for elections, the leftist mob seems to go deaf to Trudeau's history including ethics violations, scandals and blackface.  Trudeau is now an international joke but people in the east will continue to elect him regardless of what he does. 

Edited by Accountability Now

1 hour ago, Accountability Now said:

I've already stated that Hitler is the extreme. With that said, people are saying Trudeau is acting like or sounding like Hitler even those on the left.  

Lots of people are unhappy with Trudeau right now, left, right or middle.  I've never liked him but generally because I thought he was a ball of fluff who didn't do anything, say anything or stand for anything useful.  He was the avatar of political entitlement and bullshit - a fool. 

Now?  Now I think he's a dangerous fool but the intellectual race to the bottom on this forum is out of hand and every time someone brings up Hitler or accuses Trudeau or another poster of Fascism, the community gets a little stupider.  

1 hour ago, Accountability Now said:

Believe it or not, I'm not calling for his head but do want him gone by parliamentary methods. But contrary to what you say, the loudest mob does win. Unfortunately, when it comes time for elections, the leftist mob seems to go deaf to Trudeau's history including ethics violations, scandals and blackface.  Trudeau is now an international joke but people in the east will continue to elect him regardless of what he does. 

Honestly, I agree with you.  The problem is that his alternatives are terrible and potentially worse.  Harper was the last real Conservative leader of merit but had outworn his welcome.  His successors have been buffoons and if Pierre Poli gets elected Conservative leader that will pretty much ensure another Liberal government after the next election.  The CPC needs rational pragmatists who can do more than shout and rile up the base.  

Give it up.  Canada has a one-party system, the Liberal-NDP-CPC-Green Radical Left Communist-Totalitarian Party.  Their platform is eliminating the middle class through “carbon” taxes; making the high cost of housing, food, and transportation higher; and forcing the population into rental studio apartment cubicles owned by the Liberal Party caucus.  

All opposition are racists.

Don’t like it?  Assisted suicide.

Am I joking?  Not so much.

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

There is no consequence for any of Trudeau's antics especially from his loving left. 

After this protest, he is like a rotting fish now.    Will have to go soon.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Now?  Now I think he's a dangerous fool but the intellectual race to the bottom on this forum is out of hand and every time someone brings up Hitler or accuses Trudeau or another poster of Fascism, the community gets a little stupider.  

All good points Moonbox however this will be the third time I've said that Hitler is the extreme. Anyone can be compared to an extreme but it only works if you can back it up.  When you make a claim like "Do we tolerate these people?", you are certainly opening yourself up for those comparisons and other more notable people that me have also made this comparison (as per the above links). Keep in mind,  its not that one is saying Trudeau IS Hitler....that would be stupid

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Honestly, I agree with you.  The problem is that his alternatives are terrible and potentially worse.  Harper was the last real Conservative leader of merit but had outworn his welcome.  His successors have been buffoons and if Pierre Poli gets elected Conservative leader that will pretty much ensure another Liberal government after the next election.  The CPC needs rational pragmatists who can do more than shout and rile up the base.  

I find the platforms of every party seem to meld into one another so much that I'm only truly looking for someone that represents Canada in a positive light. I actually wasn't upset when Trudeau won. His first morning after the election he was in the subway shaking people's hands and thanking them which I thought was cool. It didn't take long though to realize he was an empty suit with a narcissistic flair.  I will agree with you though in that Scheer and O'Toole were both duds and even I wasn't a fan of having them represent the county. Where we will disagree is that I think Pollievre is the only guy that can beat Trudeau as he has the ability to take him on debate wise. If that's not enough, Quebec may mistake him as one of their own with a name like Pierre. Ontario may vote for him because he'd be the first PM from a sitting Ontario PM since Lester Pearson and of course Alberta, Sask and Manitoba will vote for him because that's what they do.  I was actually thinking Bergen would be a good choice too but she's out now that she's interim leader. 

1 hour ago, cougar said:

After this protest, he is like a rotting fish now.    Will have to go soon.

I'll bet a box of Timmies best ,that he'll be around for awhile, shit does not stick to Teflon. the left see the conservatives as the plague, and they won't even go near them, the only alternative is if Justin gives his seat up... and she wolf steps up...not sure what would be worse...

5 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I'll bet a box of Timmies best ,that he'll be around for awhile, shit does not stick to Teflon. the left see the conservatives as the plague, and they won't even go near them, the only alternative is if Justin gives his seat up... and she wolf steps up...not sure what would be worse...

I would guess the truck drivers are the Teflon in your example above.?

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It's too bad that "sides" get demonized.  Extremists on both sides give an excuse for the other side to point fingers and use words like racists, misogynists, commies and fascists.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

There is no way I want to defend what Trudeau said but Maher is an idiot if he can't see a difference between Trudeau and Hitler and so are you. Lock them up. Donald Trump.

Cherry getting fired was an accumulation of a bunch of things, that one statement didn't warrant dismissal IMO but my opinion doesn't matter.. Regardless, employers have every right to terminate someone they think is damaging their brand.

Edited by Aristides

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

There is no way I want to defend what Trudeau said but Maher is an idiot if he can't see a difference between Trudeau and Hitler and so are you. Lock them up. Donald Trump.

Cherry getting fired was an accumulation of a bunch of things, that one statement didn't warrant dismissal IMO but my opinion doesn't matter.. Regardless, employers have every right to terminate someone they think is damaging their brand.

Not exactly.  We have labour laws pertaining to wrongful dismissal to prevent any arbitrary egregious behaviour on the part of the employer.  We have constitutional rights to prevent similar oppression of citizens.  Supporting a protest against a government policy should never be grounds for freezing a citizen’s bank account, taking away their livelihood, and fining or imprisoning them, let alone publicly shaming them with slanderous remarks as our PM has done.  This is an arbitrary unconstitutional measure imposed on top of an arbitrary unconstitutional measure (the vaccine mandate itself).  What recourse does the protester or protest supporter have?  No money, no job, possible imprisonment, and public humiliation.  This is totalitarian, unconstitutional government by any measure.  

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Not exactly.  We have labour laws pertaining to wrongful dismissal to prevent any arbitrary egregious behaviour on the part of the employer.  We have constitutional rights to prevent similar oppression of citizens.  Supporting a protest against a government policy should never be grounds for freezing a citizen’s bank account, taking away their livelihood, and fining or imprisoning them, let alone publicly shaming them with slanderous remarks as our PM has done.  This is an arbitrary unconstitutional measure imposed on top of an arbitrary unconstitutional measure (the vaccine mandate itself).  What recourse does the protester or protest supporter have?  No money, no job, possible imprisonment, and public humiliation.  This is totalitarian, unconstitutional government by any measure.  

An employer can get rid of anyone who deals with the public if they think that person is damaging their brand. So why didn't Cherry make a wrongful dismissal claim?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Supporting a protest against a government policy should never be grounds for freezing a citizen’s bank account, taking away their livelihood, and fining or imprisoning them, let alone publicly shaming them with slanderous remarks as our PM has done. 

Can we really believe you, as someone who supports illegal activities?  Blockades and occupations of cities are not "protests".

Edited by blackbird

18 minutes ago, Aristides said:

An employer can get rid of anyone who deals with the public if they think that person is damaging their brand. So why didn't Cherry make a wrongful dismissal claim?

Because 99% of the time the ex-employee and employer agree to a severance payout. I'm sure CBC gave him a lot of money given the circumstances.

27 minutes ago, Aristides said:

In our current cancel culture, the social media heckler incites the mainstream media to pile on and destroy someone’s reputation before they’ve had a chance to explain or defend themselves.  The frightening part of this is that a sound byte or phrase taken out of context becomes the justification to discredit and destroy someone.  Don Cherry’s choice of words wasn’t wise, “you people”, but he never got the chance to explain who these people were whom he referenced.  It was more about new generations thanking old than anything to do with ethnicity, but he’s an old man and rather than understand that he might not be able to nuance his words in the modern woke lexicon, or that he’s an older man who shows who he is more openly and honestly, warts and all, than his more polished younger colleagues, he fell victim to a CBC employee’s comment which then led to the public shaming and dismissal of Cherry.  I don’t admire or respect that.  Yes many employers don’t show loyalty or give the benefit of a doubt to their employees, but that doesn’t make them great employers.  Were they lawful in their dismissal?  Perhaps, though I’m not sure and they’re still terrible people   

Edited by Zeitgeist

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Can we really believe you, as someone who supports illegal activities?  Blockades and occupations of cities are not "protests".

How dare you.  I oppose vaccine mandates and digital vaccine passports.  What the hell is illegal about that?   What’s illegal about supporting a protest against vaccine mandates?  You sound like the worst kind of cynical informant from the Soviet era.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

How dare you.  I oppose vaccine mandates and digital vaccine passports.  What the hell is illegal about that?   What’s illegal about supporting a protest against vaccine mandates?  You sound like the worst kind of cynical informant from the Soviet era.  

Nice diversion.  The blockades of border crossings and the Ambassador bridge and occupation of Ottawa are illegal activities.  They harmed thousands of people. 

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nice diversion.  The blockades of border crossings and the Ambassador bridge and occupation of Ottawa are illegal activities.  They harmed thousands of people. 

And you support medical rape

Stop the medical rape and they go home

Edited by West

When illegal activity such as blockading bridges and occupying cities is condoned by society, what is next?

A large group of terrorists attacked the Coastal Gaslink Pipeline project today in northwest B.C. destroying massive earth moving equipment and buildings.  The workers barely escaped.  This was the site where the RCMP moved in last year to arrest protesters blockading the pipeline project.  So now the opponents have progressed to serious criminal / terrorist activity.  Is this what happens when anarchists are interfered with and don't get their way?

Edited by blackbird