Emergency Measures Act - Umm...

Moonbox

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. He looks haggard and the shadow of the boy wonder who strode onto the stage years back.  He's 50, not young for a PM anymore.  His brand of being politically correct is dead and he has two strong suitors lining up for his job.  He has a place in history and can even be satisfied with what he did.  He could be enjoying himself and his pension.

2. I cut your sentence off there.  I don't think they knew how he would react or what would happen.

3. Also I never buy in to an argument that includes mind-reading or examination of inscrutable motives.

1. I don't feel he acknowledges anything you just outlined here. In his mind he could be the PM for another 8 years. At the very least, he has to out do his old nemesis Harper who lasted nearly 10 years. 

2. Sure they did. He has been very outspoken about his reasoning for the mandates and his desire to not tolerate people who are unvaccinated. Its not a matter of them having special knowledge of Trudeau....everyone knew that Trudeau would not cave to the pleas of the misogynist, racist scum that we should not tolerate. 

3. What news have you been watching?? You think his motives are inscrutable. He has outright lambasted the unvaccinated and is following his French buddy Marcon in his desire to piss off the unvaccinated.  I don't feel like I'm being obtuse here as he has deliberately and intently stated his position. 

34 minutes ago, Goddess said:

There is no stopping him because this has nothing to do with science or health.  It's control, power and money.

I disagree with this part. I think once the US flips then he has no choice but to flip. November elections will tell the tale but I'm hoping it doesn't take that long

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

I disagree with this part. I think once the US flips then he has no choice but to flip. November elections will tell the tale but I'm hoping it doesn't take that long

Do you think he cares at all what the US or any other nation thinks at this point?

I think he is so drunk on power and has such a hate on for anybody who doesn't want to see Canadians lose their right to bodily autonomy, that he's kind of gone rogue now.

I don't know.  I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, at this point.  It's just so obvious that none of this is about the science of covid or Canadians physical health.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Do you think he cares at all what the US or any other nation thinks at this point?

If the US starts to allow unvaccinated people in the country then the Canadian truckers will be able to go into the US. This is the only thing stopping them. Of course, they would have to 'quarantine' when they get home but they would still be able to go. This should spark another call from Biden as US truckers will then be pissed that they can't get into Canada still.

On a different level, if the US border opens up then people wanting to fly internationally will only need to drive into the US and fly from there. A bit of an inconvenience but still doable. 

Right now, the US collaborating with Canada on a closed border is what gives Trudeau all the power. 

4 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

1. I don't feel he acknowledges anything you just outlined here. In his mind he could be the PM for another 8 years. At the very least, he has to out do his old nemesis Harper who lasted nearly 10 years. 

Why?  Why would he care about outlasting Harper?  I don't think any of us can divine his feelings or motives, but I doubt he's been enjoying the last couple months years.  

4 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

He has outright lambasted the unvaccinated 

Fairly.  

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Why?  Why would he care about outlasting Harper? 

Because that's his predecessor. His nemesis. Its what competitors do. Much like his desire to get to 15 years like his old man. 

10 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Fairly.  

Right. Why do we 'tolerate' these people.....right? That's fair to you? 

37 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

So...no source again.  Just made-up silliness.  Got it. 

At least in this thread, can you spare us that sort of low-effort nonsense?  You have a dozen other threads for it.  

Are you a moderator here?

Because you seem to have appointed yourself as the posting police, determining what can said and how and by whom and in which thread.

This is a discussion forum.

Everyone here is free to discuss.

You know what they say about men who feel the need to brutally control and micromanage others through use of insults and name-calling and arbitrary rules......trying to make up for a certain....errr....physical "lack."

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Because you seem to have appointed yourself as the posting police, determining what can said and how and by whom and in which thread.

This is a discussion forum.

Everyone here is free to discuss.

You know what they say about men who feel the need to brutally control and micromanage others through use of insults and name-calling and arbitrary rules......trying to make up for a certain....errr....physical "lack."

He is a leftist. When he can't refute he resorts to a handful of tactics. They include

1. Ignore

2. Insults 

3. Censor

Fact: When covid was discovered in China, and not yet here, the WHO said H2H isn't happening, and Libs and Dems were furious when Trump blocked passengers from China who weren't returning Americans. Planeloads of infected people flew here from Wuhan to get covid rolling, they weren't screened at our airports in any way, shape or form.

Fact: In 2022, with 80% of Canadians and Americans vaxed, including everyone who feels like they're vulnerable, facing the weakest covid variant to date, truckers can't cross the USA/Canada border, even with a covid test. 

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Anyone can say whatever they want, but when you make stuff up and then post it here as fact, you'll get mocked for it.  You made a claim. You were challenged on it and failed again to substantiate it, and now you're whining.  That about sums up the discussion.  

26 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Because that's his predecessor. His nemesis. Its what competitors do. Much like his desire to get to 15 years like his old man. 

Who decided Harper was his nemesis?  Do you think you're maybe projecting a bit here?  

26 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Right. Why do we 'tolerate' these people.....right? That's fair to you? 

Ah yes.  That bogeyman word, the one so many people have twisted their panties over and assigned all sorts of unintended nefarious meaning.  Off to the Gulag with you, I guess?  Come on man...

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Anyone can say whatever they want, but when you make stuff up and then post it here as fact, you'll get mocked for it.  You made a claim. You were challenged on it and failed again to substantiate it, and now you're whining.  That about sums up the discussion.  

Discussion includes a person's interpretation of what is being discussed.

Just like you are allowed to post your interpretations of things, so are the rest of us.  You allow others to interpret or say how they feel about what's going on, but only as long as they agree with your interpretations.

It's a discussion forum.

People discuss.

You are not a moderator, nor are you this forum's dictator.

If you have issues with a small appendage, find other ways to assert your manhood.

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

What if they have their LPOC membership dues paid up?

Our PM goes on TV and randomly calls people racists and misogynists and asks Canadians if they should be tolerated. Where was your righteous anger?

Stop whining, stop faking, grow up. 

Just now, Moonbox said:

Who decided Harper was his nemesis?  Do you think you're maybe projecting a bit here?  

FFS...its an opinion. Take it or leave it. 

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Ah yes.  That bogeyman word, the one so many people have twisted their panties over and assigned all sorts of unintended nefarious meaning.  Off to the Gulag with you, I guess?  Come on man...

Dude. When even Bill Maher is stating that Trudeau sounds like Hitler....you know there is some creditability to the statement. But hey...you go on and defend your supreme leader as he may shut down your bank account if you don't. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Where did he say that Goddess?  Do you have another "solid" source for that?  

Just because there's not a link to it anymore doesn't mean that it's not there. The videos of Jagmeet Singh's terrorism meetings aren't available online anymore, and if entire videos that you have links for are gone, it's easy to make a smaller quote like that vanish.

1 hour ago, Accountability Now said:

1. I don't feel he acknowledges anything you just outlined here.
2. In his mind he could be the PM for another 8 years.  
3. Sure they did. He has been very outspoken about his reasoning for the mandates and his desire to not tolerate people who are unvaccinated.
4. Its not a matter of them having special knowledge of Trudeau.... 
5. What news have you been watching?? You think his motives are inscrutable. He has outright lambasted the unvaccinated and is following his French buddy Marcon in his desire to piss off the unvaccinated.   

1. Of course he doesn't "acknowledge" it.
2. Your fault is in mindreading again: "in his mind".  While I am projecting what he MAY think note that I am basing it on outside factors only.  For all you know I am right and for all I know you are right - we can only guess.
3. Well if they knew or cared who he would react then surely they must have also known O'Toole would be bounced also right ?  You are putting too much strategic thought on these people, IMO.  They aren't stupid but nobody can estimate a response from 3 levels of government accurately and with confidence
4. Agreed.  Doug Ford could have also seen how this appears for his image and sent the OPP in, or somesuch.  It's just too much strategy to say they did this knowing that they would be here in 3 weeks.  For that matter, Trudeau hasn't suffered in the voting intention polls as I have seen.
5. Yeah, you just don't like Trudeau so you are ascribing irrational emotionality to him.  If you really dislike Trudeau know this: he will do what is required to retain power.  That could easily have meant standing down and apologizing if it weren't for the 66% or so of Canadians who disagree with the protest.

20 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

FFS...its an opinion. Take it or leave it. 

Dude. When even Bill Maher is stating that Trudeau sounds like Hitler....you know there is some creditability to the statement. But hey...you go on and defend your supreme leader as he may shut down your bank account if you don't. ?

He even said that BEFORE Trudeau unleashed the martial law option here, and started using anti-terrorism laws against peaceful protesters. 

Martial Law"?

From CBC:

Is there a role for the military?

The Emergencies Act itself is silent on the role of the military during this sort of emergency. There are other federal laws — including the National Defence Act — which allow Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) personnel to provide "service in aid of the civil power."

This means the military could in theory be called upon to help police maintain law and order — but would not replace civilian law enforcement.

Trudeau said today the government is "not using the Emergencies Act to call in the military," so a role for the CAF is off the table — for now.

According to Trudeau's comment, it appears that the ability to use the military under this section of the emergencies act is a possibility. Otherwise he would have said that it's not an option without enacting some other measure. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Discussion includes a person's interpretation of what is being discussed.

Just like you are allowed to post your interpretations of things, so are the rest of us.  You allow others to interpret or say how they feel about what's going on, but only as long as they agree with your interpretations.

It's a discussion forum.

People discuss.

You are not a moderator, nor are you this forum's dictator.

If you have issues with a small appendage, find other ways to assert your manhood.

Step back for a moment and consider what you're saying here.  If you're allowed to post your literally made-up nonsense, then I'm allowed to comment on how silly it is.  The fact that this upsets you is really not my problem and could be easily avoided by not posting made-up BS.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Just because there's not a link to it anymore doesn't mean that it's not there. The videos of Jagmeet Singh's terrorism meetings aren't available online anymore, and if entire videos that you have links for are gone, it's easy to make a smaller quote like that vanish.

Under these standards you can make up literally any quotes you want and then when pressed just conveniently claim, "The videos/articles etc used to be there but they've been scrubbed."

You guys spent enough time arguing about the lack of video/photographic evidence for the hate symbols at the trucker protest (which I agree seemed sparse to non-existent), but you can't demand evidence for something you disagree with and then turn around and tell us that no evidence is required for something you do agree with.  That's very obvious faulty logic.  

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

1. "The videos/articles etc used to be there but they've been scrubbed."

2. you can't demand evidence for something you disagree with and then turn around and tell us that no evidence is required for something you do agree with.  That's very obvious faulty logic.  

1. You are removing a key banana in the lunchbox of the conspiracy theorist: THEY ARE CONTROLLING THE INFORMATION.  Or have you forgotten that Trudeau personally switched off the traffic cameras in Drumheller Alberta ?

Just roll your eyes at them.

2.  Is that so ?  ?  

You are not speaking with members of the 'public', who are interested and principled individuals who engage with institutions to make their views known, you are dealing with the mob.  Think French Revolution but with truck horns instead lf guillotines.  

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Your fault is in mindreading again: "in his mind".  While I am projecting what he MAY think note that I am basing it on outside factors only.  For all you know I am right and for all I know you are right - we can only guess.

Well he did say this a year ago:

Trudeau, 49, has three school-age children. He first took over as prime minister in November 2015 and has at times appeared tired amid the relentless COVID-19 crisis. He admitted dealing with the pandemic had been hard, but made clear he had no plans to quit soon.

“I’ve still got a lot to do in terms of serving this country, so I’m looking forward to a number of more years of serving Canadians,” he said in an interview aired on Thursday.

Maybe things have changed in the year but based on this I am FAR from mind reading. Of course if you have some other proof of these outside factors then I'm all ears. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. Well if they knew or cared who he would react then surely they must have also known O'Toole would be bounced also right ?  You are putting too much strategic thought on these people, IMO.  They aren't stupid but nobody can estimate a response from 3 levels of government accurately and with confidence

What are you talking about. The main reason and the initial cause was the mandate from truckers. It then grew to all federal mandates and then grew again to include the provincial ones. However their main focus was always Trudeau and not 3 levels of government. Additionally there is not strategic thought into knowing your opponent hates the unvaccinated when his quotes speak to that sentiment on numerous occasions. 

For that matter, Trudeau hasn't suffered in the voting intention polls as I have seen.

There was a poll just the other day (whether its meaningful or not) that said this: 

Although Canadians sympathize with the anti-mandate demands of Freedom Convoy, they increasingly hate the protests themselves. A new Maru Public Opinion poll found that 56 per cent of Canadians don’t have an iota of sympathy for Freedom Convoy — and two thirds wouldn’t mind seeing their blockades cleared by military force.

But Canadians are also turning their ire on a “weak” government response and an intransigent prime minister whom they blame for “inflaming” the situation. The Maru poll, which was conducted from Feb. 9 to 10, found that only 16 per cent of Canadians would vote for Trudeau based on his actions of the last two weeks.

“The last time I’ve seen numbers even close to this were in the final days of Brian Mulroney,” said John Wright, executive vice-president of Maru Public Opinion and a 32-year industry veteran. “I think this could cost him his job.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/this-could-cost-him-his-job-a-blockaded-canada-turning-on-trudeau-poll-finds

5. Yeah, you just don't like Trudeau so you are ascribing irrational emotionality to him.  If you really dislike Trudeau know this: he will do what is required to retain power.  That could easily have meant standing down and apologizing if it weren't for the 66% or so of Canadians who disagree with the protest.

No irrationality here at all. I am focusing on comments he directly stated. Comments that were also criticized by other left wing pundits.  I believe he will eventually reverse his mandates but it will be on his terms even if that means flying in the face of science. 

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

1.   Maybe things have changed in the year but based on this I am FAR from mind reading.  

2.  ...their main focus was always Trudeau and not 3 levels of government. Additionally there is not strategic thought into knowing

3. your opponent hates the unvaccinated when his quotes speak to that sentiment on numerous occasions. 

4.  I am focusing on comments he directly stated.  

1. Ok point taken.
2. Right but if they were strategizing to achieve an end goal so specific, you might think that they understood the broader domain of probable outcomes.
3. 4. This is supposition. But if, as with point #1, you can produce an interview where the CBC asks Justin what he thinks of the unvaccinated and he says "I HATE THEM !" I will similarly backtrack on my doubts.

50 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Under these standards you can make up literally any quotes you want and then when pressed just conveniently claim, "The videos/articles etc used to be there but they've been scrubbed."

You guys spent enough time arguing about the lack of video/photographic evidence for the hate symbols at the trucker protest (which I agree seemed sparse to non-existent), but you can't demand evidence for something you disagree with and then turn around and tell us that no evidence is required for something you do agree with.  That's very obvious faulty logic.  

I'll concede that he may not have said what was quoted, but it's unreasonable to say that he definitely didn't say it as well, and you have far more reason to trust Goddess than Trudeau.  

Speak to the things that you know he did say then. What of this:

“We all know people who are deciding whether or not they are willing to get vaccinated, and we will do our very best to try to convince them. However, there is still a part of the population (that) is fiercely against it. 

“They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space. 

“This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people? 

How evil is that on a scale from 1 to 10?

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Right but if they were strategizing to achieve an end goal so specific, you might think that they understood the broader domain of probable outcomes.

I agree that their end goals are scattered and not well thought out. When they first started it was simply to remove the truckers mandate and to get the feds to ask to remove theirs. I think those were two reasonable requests. Adding on all the rest may have added more people to their cause but it certainly worked against them.

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. 4. This is supposition. But if, as with point #1, you can produce an interview where the CBC asks Justin what he thinks of the unvaccinated and he says "I HATE THEM !" I will similarly backtrack on my doubts.

Ok but at what point are negative and spiteful comments able to be construed as hate? You literally need to hear the words I HATE THEM before you would agree that Trudeau does in fact hate them? You must be a lawyer ?