Emergency Measures Act - Umm...

Moonbox

Agenda 2030.. this is just the start. 

By then everything will be digital from your vehicles to the heat in your home to your bank account. 

This happens again where peaceful people drive across the country to make their voices heard? Well the government will stop that somewhere on the highway by freezing your vehicle. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I came across this article today and I think it makes a fair point. Whether you're for or against the Trucker's Protest, I think the Emergencies Act raises a few eyebrows.  

First of all, thank you for quoting an ACTUAL publication rather than an online shit-stirring rag, and our newspaper of record.

I think there are a few things at play here:
-Trudeau's general dismissal of the valid concerns of the Convoy and the Convoy themselves... as evidenced by sympathy (not support) from Canadians... combined with
-Underestimating of their resolve, craftiness and support
-Negligence/incompetence/willful failure of the Ottawa police, OPP and Ontario government
-The situation in Alberta where weapons were discovered

and - this is a big one - the Liberal government's tendency to govern by polls and reality that a supermajority of Canadians favours a hard crackdown... 

I think that damage has been done to the Trudeau government, but also to the Conservatives.  I don't think Trudeau will be forced to resign but he may do so after Covid anyway - as George Bush Sr. also did when he got tired of "the public"

I wasn't surprised to see the Ottawa police chief resign amidst all this.  It would be interesting to get a proper explanation on why they sat on their hands and did basically did nothing for weeks.  My impression at first was they figured they didn't have the resources to do it properly/safely, but that explanation fails when the protests continue past the first week.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think that damage has been done to the Trudeau government,

And it wouldn't do a speck to anyone who would try to follow in his footsteps. This democracy is done for.. if it ever existed to begin with, in the reality that is, not a pretty beavertale.

Edited by myata

13 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

He would of never had to activate it if the police   would of done a better job from the start the ottawa police was a complete failure on this.

Perhaps...the Ottawa Police, recognize that the protesters are peaceful and maybe, the cops are even sympathetic to their cause?

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Nonsense.  Ever heard we have a Parliamentary system with an elected minority government?

So did Venezuela when Maduro took over.

And just so the Progs can swoop in and tell me how I'm no longer allowed to notice because their GODwin said so...so did Germany in 1933.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_Fire_Decree

@Nationalist

Sure.  It's possible, just like a whole bunch of other reasons are possible too.  Maybe the Ottawa police didn't feel like being responsible for clearing out a national protest.  Maybe the police chief sympathized with them.  Maybe he was a coward.  Maybe the city administration tied his hands.  We have no idea right now.  

Edited by Moonbox

1 hour ago, myata said:

And it wouldn't do a speck to anyone who would try to follow in his footsteps. This democracy is done for.. if it ever existed to begin with, in the reality that is, not a pretty beavertale.

Heyyyy...I happen to like Beavertails...all of them... ;)

You and I agree on a lot of things. But this is one ride I can't go on. I love this nation and am both angered and saddened by the way its all been handled...EXCEPT for the Ottawa Police. Taking the fuel wasn't nice but in general, the Ottawa Police appear to be rather sympathetic to the cause of the protest.

Having said that...this democracy is experiencing a number of new challenges, as a result of the China Virus...or The Rona, whichever one prefers...and Pixie-Dust has been too willing to act like a petulant and dictatorial li'l pussy.

HE MUST GO!

Other than that...Canada is a marvellous land which has something for everyone. Hell we can drink the fresh water here and not get sick. Try that one in Europe.

The Trudeau government has taken a hard stance to preserve their newly found powers. They like these powers and don't really want to give them up. Go figure...

But Canada...my friend...is an friggin' awesome nation. Especially when stood up next to most any other nation in comparison. All we need right now is strong leadership that works for CANADIANS and not The Power Corporation. Nor the Chinese...even though now both are the same...Nor Gawd-Damn Soros!

MY NATION FIRST!!!

We could very well be experiencing the Canadian equivalent of a "Reichstag Fire" moment.

2 hours ago, West said:

Agenda 2030.. this is just the start. 

By then everything will be digital from your vehicles to the heat in your home to your bank account. 

I read one in a comment somewhere:

"You'll own nothing and you'll eat bugs."

Guys, here's a case where some of us might actually have some sympathy for your arguments and we could find some common ground.  Can you try not to drown the thread out in hyperbole like so many others and at least make an attempt at maintaining a reasonable conversation?  

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Guys, here's a case where some of us might actually have some sympathy for your arguments and we could find some common ground.  Can you try not to drown the thread out in hyperbole like so many others and at least make an attempt at maintaining a reasonable conversation?  

What's hyperbole?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That's a pretty obsequious yet condescending attempt at censorship.

I can answer best with a clip from the lyrics of my favorite song this month:

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!

The blood of the martyrs
Will water the meadows of France!

Hear it better here:
Edited by Infidel Dog

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think Trudeau will be forced to resign but he may do so after Covid anyway

Really? You think he'd ever resign? I certainly don't.  The reason these protests are even happening is because truckers knew that Trudeau was so narcissistic and pig headed that he would stick to his decision to punish the unvaccinated for as long as possible, regardless of what the science is saying. There needed to be push back. 

Many other countries were dropping mandates. Then provinces started to drop mandates. But the Libs with support of the NDP wouldn't even allow for a plan to end them. Seriously, that plan could have said the mandates will end in a year but that wasn't good enough for ol' JT. 

He continues to double down on his hatred for the unvaccinated and for that reason I don't see him ever relinquishing power as Covid will never end in his mind.  

Edited by Accountability Now
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

@Nationalist

Sure.  It's possible, just like a whole bunch of other reasons are possible too.  Maybe the Ottawa police didn't feel like being responsible for clearing out a national protest.  Maybe the police chief sympathized with them.  Maybe he was a coward.  Maybe the city administration tied his hands.  We have no idea right now.  

Whatever the reason...it's li'l Pixie-Dust who's acting the fool. This should have been over the first week. But our li'l Justine had to have his tempy-tantrum.

HE MUST BE DISPENSED WITH!

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

1. Really? You think he'd ever resign? I certainly don't. 

2. The reason these protests are even happening is because truckers knew ...

3. He continues to double down on his hatred for the unvaccinated ...  

1. He looks haggard and the shadow of the boy wonder who strode onto the stage years back.  He's 50, not young for a PM anymore.  His brand of being politically correct is dead and he has two strong suitors lining up for his job.  He has a place in history and can even be satisfied with what he did.  He could be enjoying himself and his pension.

2. I cut your sentence off there.  I don't think they knew how he would react or what would happen.

3. Also I never buy in to an argument that includes mind-reading or examination of inscrutable motives.

I could very well see him leaving by this year or next.

3 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

The reason these protests are even happening is because truckers knew that Trudeau was so narcissistic and pig headed that he would stick to his decision to punish the unvaccinated for as long as possible. There needed to be push back. 

He said early on that his intention was "the unvaccinated will spend the rest of their natural lives in their house."

Is that based on science?  Of course not.

4 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

He continues to double down on his hatred for the unvaccinated and for that reason I don't see him ever relinquishing power as Covid will never end in his mind.  

He bought enough doses for every Canadian to have 10 shots.  And that is what he intends to do.

Boosters may not be mandated yet, but he intends to mandate them, because as you say - Covid will never end in his mind and he makes makes money on each shot.  Again - nothing to do with science or health.

Many people felt coerced and threatened to get the first jabs and say they will not get any more.

I think he will mandate continuous boosters, with no science presented as to why.  Some people will opt out at 4 or 5, others will opt out at 6 or 7......the fully indoctrinated will take as many as the government tells them to.

There is no stopping him because this has nothing to do with science or health.  It's control, power and money.

Our ironically named deputy Prime Minister, Chrystia Freeland tells us this "emergency" measures act is temporary. 

How many permanent things do we have that were supposed to be temporary. 

The Americans were told their Patriot act was temporary.

Come to think of it...haven't we've been told several times along the way that the pandemic itself is "temporary," then the next thing we know we're told we require more controls on our liberty.

So suppose it isn't temporary. Anybody stopped to consider the power Prince Dressup will have with the ability to monitor and control the populace with an all purpose (social credit style) pass and the ability to quell all descend by controlling personal finances?

This is the sort of thing that creates talk of tyrants and allows conspiracy theories to become conspiracy fact.

Edited by Infidel Dog

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

In one of his pressers from the cottage days.

My sister and I looked at each other and were like, "Holy cow, did he just say that?"

I imagine he said something very different and you played make-believe to transform it into what you claim, just like most of the rest of your quotes and anecdotes.  Feel free to prove me wrong, but I'm not too hopeful given your track record with citation.  

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

I imagine he said something very different and you played make-believe to transform it into what you claim, just like most of the rest of your quotes and anecdotes.  Feel free to prove me wrong, but I'm not too hopeful given your track record with citation.  

Of course you do.

I expect nothing less from you in your support of Trudeau.