Emergency Measures Act - Umm...

Moonbox

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well maybe an excerpt... would help...

Have you seriously not heard his Tolerate speech?

Here's a decent article on the topic:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/warmington-opposition-shockingly-silent-on-pms-hatred-of-unvaccinated-canadians

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'll concede that he may not have said what was quoted, but it's unreasonable to say that he definitely didn't say it as well, and you have far more reason to trust Goddess than Trudeau.  

I have no reason to trust Goddess because every time she's asked to back up what she's saying, she either offers no sources whatsoever or ones that don't say what she pretends them to.  At best it's cluelessness, but it could be outright dishonesty too.  

You conceding that the quote may have not been true doesn't count for much either.  The onus of proof is ALWAYS on the person making a claim.  It's impossible for anyone to prove that something didn't happen, or doesn't exist, because there cannot be any evidence for it by virtue of it not existing.  I can't prove Trudeau definitely didn't say what Goddess quoted the same way that I can't prove he never claimed to be the King of Narnia.  If it's made up, then there will be no evidence of it one way or the other.  In the absence of any evidence, the claim is bunk and not worth making here.  

Of course you can do a bunch of mental gymnastics to convince yourself that she's telling the truth and that any/all evidence of it has been removed from the interweb to deceive you, but that's just piling another layer of fantasy to cover for the previous layer of make-believe.  

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Speak to the things that you know he did say then. What of this:

How evil is that on a scale from 1 to 10?

I'm at a loss as to how you're still hung up on his use of the word "tolerate".  I don't tolerate Goddess' made-up foolishness on this forum the same Trudeau doesn't tolerate the protestors or anti-vaxxers or whatever.  It doesn't mean I'm advocating for her arrest or extermination or whatever you seem to think the term means.  

From an evil-scale of 1-10, I rate it a fresh banana peel.  

42 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I'm at a loss as to how you're still hung up on his use of the word "tolerate".  I don't tolerate Goddess' made-up foolishness on this forum the same Trudeau doesn't tolerate the protestors or anti-vaxxers or whatever.  It doesn't mean I'm advocating for her arrest or extermination or whatever you seem to think the term means.  

I'm at a loss as to how you don't recognize that as hate speech.

Take out the term "anti-vaxers" and put Jews there and it's like something straight out of Hitler's mouth.

Bill Maher even said as much recently, but for the record, I was saying it before he was. Or at least I was saying it before I saw his quote. In any event, Bill Maher is almost as smart as I am, you're still a work in progress, grasshopper. 

56 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

To be clear, I did hear about the quote before and found it typically crafty and two-faced of him to say that but I want to make sure I get the original question.

Also - still doesn't say he hates the anti-vax people, just that he looks down on them.  He may well pity them even.

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm at a loss as to how you don't recognize that as hate speech.

Take out the term "anti-vaxers" and put Jews there and it's like something straight out of Hitler's mouth.

I thought maybe there was hope that you were interested in actually having a debate, but you quickly fell back into your silly hyperbole so clearly that wasn't the case.  

If you actually qualify that as hate speech I don't really think there's much hope for you.  

53 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Here's a decent article on the topic:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/warmington-opposition-shockingly-silent-on-pms-hatred-of-unvaccinated-canadians

You might as well have that conversation with a brick. Leftists pretend to not see that as hate speech. Calling people names is cool if you're a leftist.

You know who else didn't recognize hate speech when they saw it/heard it? 

The people who followed Hitler. Fuckin nazis. 

16 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I thought maybe there was hope that you were interested in actually having a debate,

Bullshit. You barfed up this non-starter:

I'm at a loss as to how you're still hung up on his use of the word "tolerate".  I don't tolerate Goddess' made-up foolishness on this forum the same Trudeau doesn't tolerate the protestors or anti-vaxxers or whatever.  It doesn't mean I'm advocating for her arrest or extermination or whatever you seem to think the term means.  

A fresh banana peel is your idea of a debate?

but you quickly fell back into your silly hyperbole so clearly that wasn't the case.  

You started off at stupid and went downhill fast.

If you actually qualify that as hate speech I don't really think there's much hope for you.  

If you don't think that was hate speech then you're the exact kind of person that would have eventually ended up throwing Jews into the gas chambers for Hitler. 

"Duh geez, that esculaytid kwiklee!"

20 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think he would have had to invoke the powers of the act if the policing had been handled better from the start?  

This all can't be laid at the police feet, yes there was hesitation by city police, but the mayor had asked for provincial and federal police assets early, and had they sent those 1800 cops that convoy would have been broken up long ago...This is all about leadership, and it's painful hesitation to make things happen, it looks like a play out of the liberal party book, lets wait see what happens...

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

A fresh banana peel is your idea of a debate?

Dumb questions get dumb answers.  

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If you don't think that was hate speech then you're the exact kind of person that would have eventually ended up throwing Jews into the gas chambers for Hitler. 

Never takes you long to fall back to the Nazi and Hitler references.  I don't know why I thought there might be more to you than that.  

FarBlankAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

Just now, Army Guy said:

This all can't be laid at the police feet, yes there was hesitation by city police, but the mayor had asked for provincial and federal police assets early, and had they sent those 1800 cops that convoy would have been broken up long ago...This is all about leadership, and it's painful hesitation to make things happen, it looks like a play out of the liberal party book, lets wait see what happens...

This is all following the precedent that was set by allowing the FN blockades of the train tracks to go on for 6 weeks, and the US allowing BLM to ravage cities for months at a time. 

The rail blockades caused serious propane shortages in Quebec. It was at an emergency level. 

People were getting assaulted an killed by the BLM riots. Communities burned. Businesses were destroyed. Low-cost housing was razed. Half the gov't in the US was openly supporting it all. 

Just imagine if after all of that other bullshit was allowed to go on for so long and then this Freedom Convoy was shut down instantly. 

It's not the fault of the cops that it didn't get shut down, it was the optics of it. 

Trudeau beseeched the Indian Gov't to listen to their own farmers' protest, their media even called him out for ignoring the truckers. Shutting this down really fast was never an option. The police never had that mandate. 

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Never takes you long to fall back to the Nazi and Hitler references.  I don't know why I thought there might be more to you than that.  

Geez, do you ever wonder why you're getting compared to nazis all the time? 

You're alright moonbox, and everyone else is wrong, hey? ?

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If the shoe fits, wear it.

If you put a frog in hot water it will jump out. If you put a frog in cold water and turn up the heat [something that only a leftist would do] the frog will stay there 'til it dies. 

Right now you're the frog, and the water that you're in is at 90% nazi, you just don't feel it yet, you still love it.

You see slander and lies about anti-vaxers as being cool because you wanna say that shit yourself, much in the same way that some Germans didn't think that the things that Hitler said about Jews was wrong. They loved it. It warmed their hearts. 

You're exactly the kind of person that would have gone along with the increasing levels of hatred and intolerance until eventually you were throwing Jews into the oven. That's you, exactly. The nazi accusation is bang-on in your case. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Also - still doesn't say he hates the anti-vax people, just that he looks down on them.  He may well pity them even.

So someone needs to say those exact words for it to me true? Ones actions or even other words can’t suggest or even prove it?

22 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Well, divisive but he spoke of:
1) Vaccine hesitant people - said nothing about them
2) Anti-vax people - said they're often racists etc. - not helpful

Didn't mention those who don't get vaccinated on principle but ok.

And he didn't seem to say he hated them - he basically said we get out of this with vaccines and we have to convince those who will get vaccinated.

20 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

So someone needs to say those exact words for it to me true? Ones actions or even other words can’t suggest or even prove it?

You can go ahead with your suspicions but I'm not going to be convinced.  People tried this with me with GW Bush and Harper after 9-11 responses were put in: they wanted to be dictators.  

I don't think anyone should be basing policy on a firm guess as to what someone is like.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And he didn't seem to say he hated them - he basically said we get out of this with vaccines and we have to convince those who will get vaccinated.

I wonder if Hitler ever said he hated the Jews? If not I guess we can’t draw conclusions 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Do you have a link to the interview ?  I can understand French passably.

https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/12/trudeau-calls-the-unvaccinated-racist-and-misogynistic-extremists/

@QuebecOverCanada said that the translation given was accurate, and he's bilingual.

When you read it, note the date. This happened in December and most people, myself included, didn't even know about it until much later. 

“We all know people who are deciding whether or not they are willing to get vaccinated, and we will do our very best to try to convince them. However, there is still a part of the population (that) is fiercely against it. 

“They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space. 

“This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people?"

It's hate speech, plain and simple.

He falsely assigned negative character attributes to a broad group of people, he said that they "take up space" whatever that means (that must be some kind of French-Canadian idiom that just sounds far more sinister in English), and then he asked if those people should be "tolerated". There's no mistaking the sound of that.

Should blacks be tolerated? Should Jews be tolerated? Should Whites be tolerated? Should Chinese be tolerated? Should muslims be tolerated? Should unwed mothers e tolerated? Should gays be tolerated? Are those really the kinds of questions that we need to be asking ourselves? 

41 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Wow.  Bad analogy there.   I think I will just rest on the points I made already.

Except you haven’t made any points. You are resting on the fact that Trudeau hasn’t explicitly stated he hates them. According to your logic, someone has to explicitly state that fact for it to be true, hence the Hitler analogy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Accountability Now said:

I wonder if Hitler ever said he hated the Jews? If not I guess we can’t draw conclusions 

Like I said, you could have had that conversation with a brick and expected just as much understanding and insight. 

The problem is that you're coming at this from a factual, historical, common sense standpoint, and you're talking to a leftist, which means a person who is primarily concerned with how they personally feel about an issue.

Here's how leftists feel about this issue: they have a fanatical love for their leader, so their brains are already flooded with positive emotions when the topic of their Golden Boy comes up, and there's no room left there for your killjoy emotions. 

It's like if you go to arrest a 4 yr old's mom for robbing a bank. They will never see their mom as a criminal, just as someone perfect who really needs to get out of jail right away. 

Trudeau's their Freedom Crusader, it's impossible for some filthy truckers ? to hold that position while Trudeau's the bad guy. Ditto for some lowlife anti-vaxers?. Whatever Trudeau says against them is justified [ugliest word in the world] before he even says it.

Hate speech? Against untermensch? ?