Trucker's Convoy

West

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Because there are more consequences from Covid than just complete recovery or death. It’s illness that is stressing the health care system, not death.

Once you are dead you are no longer a burden to the system.

Well...yes...but I think.k the wording might signal a recognition that doomsday reporting will not be met with patronage anymore. 

• Like 1

A lot of these protesters have proven they are nothing more than noisy, aggressive anti-maskers.  The Rideau mall in Ottawa and it's businesses had to be shut down after hours of aggressive, rude behavior, and insults of staff by anti-maskers.

Rideau Centre closes after maskless protesters are seen confronting staff

Rideau Centre closes after maskless protesters are seen confronting staff (msn.com)

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

A lot of these protesters have proven they are nothing more than noisy, aggressive anti-maskers.  The Rideau mall in Ottawa and it's businesses had to be shut down after hours of aggressive, rude behavior, and insults of staff by anti-maskers.

Rideau Centre closes after maskless protesters are seen confronting staff (msn.com)

Tragic I tell you!

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Freedom to these clowns is bullying people into doing what they want.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

mask mandate isn't  hurting your freedom or charter of rights lol grow up jesus.

It’s about a lot more than masks.  Know anyone who has lost their job because of mandates?  Even the masks are reason for concern.  I wonder how many more years have to go by before you realize the gravity of the overreach.  Of course the longer the mandates and restrictions continue, the more they become normalized, so maybe you’ll just forget what you’ve lost.  

46 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Bullying?   You mean oppressive far-reaching restrictions and mandates that are a breach of our Charter rights?

No, walking into stores demanding people defy public health orders is bullying. Protesters were relying on the mall to get out of the cold, use washrooms or get a meal. They have just screwed themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s go Brandeau!

So it looks like the protest is spreading across Canada.  Reports of most major cities experiencing rallies at their Provincial Legislature buildings.  People with signs all over the place, spreading joy and solidarity.  It’s great to see.

And those whining about minor disrespect against certain monuments; did you whine when BLM was defacing and tearing down statues?  Didn’t think so…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, West said:

You mean like the businesses who were ordered closed then had the cops roll up simply for trying to feed their families? 

I mean like stores in a mall. Now they are closed because of being harassed by people who are so full of themselves they think they are justified in doing anything.

Oh well, the mall is now closed and the protestors can freeze and piss in a snow  bank instead of using the mall.

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

And those whining about minor disrespect against certain monuments; did you whine when BLM was defacing and tearing down statues?  Didn’t think so…

" 18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."  Matthew 7:18 KJV

"20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."  Matthew 7:20 KJV

On 1/28/2022 at 6:18 PM, West said:

I think the statistics are pretty clear now that the proportionality of covid cases is pretty well equal between vaccinated and not vaccinate. 

Well that's pretty damning evidence against non-vaccinated then, isn't it?  If 90% of people are vaccinated but half the cases are from the 10% unvaccinated?  

As for hospitalizations, the vast majority have multiple comorbidities. 80% of deaths from covid are from nursing homes. 

I don't know the statistics myself but I do think that's true.  

I'd say the focus should've been on helping people manage high blood pressure, diabetes, improving long term care (institutionalizing the elderly should be considered inappropriate).

Probably right, but unhealthy people move around in society as well, so we can't really just keep them safely tucked away in a bubble or something.  

This whole attack on the unvaccinated is an attempt by the government to deflect from their failures. We have been a very sick society for quite some time with many people unable to afford healthy diets, etc. Let focus there 

That's a bit of a red herring.  There are certainly other health issues we should focus more on, but they don't have a heck of a lot to do with vaccines and the idea that it's a deflection strategy doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  

On 1/28/2022 at 7:36 PM, myata said:

What is the logic here? The rationale for the booster (#3) was the new variant, cases, hospitalizations, "overloaded system", "continuity of services" etc. The protection is limited in time, outside of priority groups, some / many aren't even at six month after full vaccination. So what's going to change with #4? Will there be no new variants, and someone knows that? Or the same system now couldn't be overloaded etc? Or the slide would just keep moving yes we know for certain wait almost no wait oops.

There's actual scientific arguments (not just pseudo-scientific ramblings) against too many vaccines/boosters in a short period of time.  Also, everyone has limits on what restrictions and mandates they'll endure and for how long.  

I'll happily get a 4th shot sometime in 2023 if COVID is still deemed dangerous, much like I get the flu shot every year.  If they tell me in March or May, however that there's a mandatory 4th shot, I'm not sure how much I'd support that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Well that's pretty damning evidence against non-vaccinated then, isn't it?  If 90% of people are vaccinated but half the cases are from the 10% unvaccinated?  

Is it? Because didn't you also say:

Probably right, but unhealthy people move around in society as well

Think about that...wouldn't 90% of them be vaccinated. Or are you thinking just the unvaccinated "move around in Society?"

What they call a vaccine seems to be useful for alleviating symptoms. You can ignore all the real or potential adverse effects but it's still as transmissible as not being unvaccinated at all. In fact there's a reasoned argument for Omicron being more transmissible by the vaccinated. 

However because this "vaccine" appears useful in dealing with symptoms it's entirely possible medical professionals take that into consideration at the hospital and send many of the vaccinated home when they might hold the unvaccinated over for observation. And many of those vaccinated might then feel safer joining those "unhealthy people moving around in Society."

Then there's the fact that you're considered unvaccinated until 2 weeks after your second dose. Many of the registered unvaccinated were actually vaccinated.

I'm thinking it's you clot shot junkies that have been infecting us pure-bloods of the non-compliant.

I don't see the point you're trying to make.  

If 50% of the cases or hospitalizations are coming from the 10% of the population that's not vaccinated, then this is pretty easy math.  That there may be infected vaccinated people moving about without symptoms is almost certain, but that's the whole point.  Asymptomatic "patients" are far less infectious and are far less likely to need treatment or end up in a hospital. 

Your issue is that you really don't seem to understand how vaccines or vaccination programs work, but I'm hardly going to convince you of anything on that topic. 

10 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

1.If 50% of the cases or hospitalizations are coming from the 10% of the population that's not vaccinated, then this is pretty easy math.   

1. People are bad at math.  And they try to use statistics to bolster their cause.

The thing that the 50%/10% also doesn't catch is the higher fatality rate for the unvaxed.  An Ontario Public Health doctor was on the radio last week and said 40X to 50X the fatality rate for unvaxed.  But that is so plain to see that it's mind-boggling for people to argue against it.  A lot who do are themselves actually *vaccinated.   

Maybe it's time just to drop the notion that Canadian media, most of them, carry objective, impartial and honest information? Easier from there. OK "defacing monuments". No I don't support it nor condone it. But anyone with a grain of objectivity would have noticed that these are just too different matters on vastly different planes: a dumb individual behavior by an individual or a small group; it happens every day in every city day and night and often, small villages too. It's just us, humans. Hardly a breaking national story.

And the second one is unchecked, virtually unlimited bureaucratic overreach that's been spreading over the country for two years now and there's no working mechanisms nor hope to stop it, and if we won't find a way to stop it, it will consume sooner or later the entire democracy why wouldn't it? It's just as simple is that: unchecked authority is first a risk, and now, a threat to democracy. So, why mix the two? What understanding does it add to the picture?

And lastly: where is national political leadership? Do they have an idea or comment perhaps? Is it conceivable (was, apologies) that G7 democratic leaders would have no comments on a critical national issue, and event like we're observing these days, and in fact, turn invisible, a newly acquired survival trait? No it is not. This is not what democratic leaders do, but many of the authoritarian ones have done just that. Running away from unpleasant reality; pretending it does not exist. And yet another sign that this democracy is seriously sick. Maybe someone should notice.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, Army Guy said:

Can you give us a source that proves the entire convoy are right delusional wingnuts, or are you just pulling shit out your ass...thanks for not contributing anything to the topic...

I didn't say "entire", did I? I said "largely". There's a difference in meaning that natural English speakers would notice.

I see you refuse to condemn those with upside down Canadian flags, Stars and Bars, and even Nazi flags. Why is that? Pretending they aren't there or you agree with it?

• Like 1