Trucker's Convoy

West

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Have you tried your TV?  I just turned mine on and like Mike said...it's apparently all hands on deck over at CBC and CTV in Ottawa. It's on CPAC and it's even on the World Today on CGNT out of China.

Yeah exactly what Im talkin bout theres more info and photos of it on other country’s news.

CBC is just a stream of opinions and comments about extremists in our midst. “Radicalization because of this”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Promoting the idea of over throwing the government to a mob of people descending on the location of government is itself illegal.

Well, have no fear dear, no one will be bringing any guns to this truckers demonstration. It will be all peaceful. Of course if trouble does break out it will no doubt be due to some communists whom will go to the demonstration and try and start a fight and a riot. And that is just what the Canadian leftist liberal media would like to see happen and the Canadian media will have their story to report on TV news. See, these demonstrators are here to start trouble and are here to maybe try and overthrow the government. Ha-ha-ha. If trouble starts it will not be the peaceful demonstrators that will start anything. I can guarantee you that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Yeah exactly what Im talkin bout theres more info and photos of it on other country’s news.

2. CBC is just a stream of opinions and comments about extremists in our midst. “Radicalization because of this”.

1. I don't think so 

2. No I didn't hear them say that either...

So is it being covered? Or not? What's your angle on this anyway now ?

Seems like a big success, why add the little rain clouds ?

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So is it being covered? Or not? What's your angle on this anyway no

Nothing but get yer vaxx messages on CBC. That and government apologetics, boosting the Liberals. Someone decorated the Terry Fox statue with signs, and the Terry Fox foundation has already spoken out about it.

Now that’s fast reporting!

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Seems like a big success, why add the little rain clouds ?

What clouds? Im criticizing Canadian media coverage of the biggest Covid protest since it began. 

They’re already telling people “you’ve made your point, you’ve been heard. Now it’s time to go home.” :lol:

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I watch for about 10 minutes

Ten minutes? I've been watching all day. I guess you liked what you saw.

No problem.

No, the coverage has been mainly non-complimentary. The CBC acts as if they are spokesmen for Canadians. Telling us what everybody else thinks.  But fact is, there is a sizable contingent that disagrees. Apparently you don't like that though, but that too, is no problem!  ;)

Edited by OftenWrong

4 minutes ago, West said:

The CBC is digging deep into the playbook claiming "the Russians" are behind the protests ?

Oh yeah, I know it's amazing. Next they'll pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Beware drowning liberals who flail about in all directions, seeking to grab hold of anything they can before down, down, down they go.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Haha 1

Thank you, thank you CBC for this analysis ("protest convoy carries a combustible load"..). Of course, everybody gets naturally and intuitively (and so no explanation or qualification needed) that "to smear and demonize" (from O'Toole) is very problematic while "misogynists and racist" (from Trudeau), perfectly accurate and factual. Not to worry.

But thanks for mentioning the "memorandum of understanding" that I had no idea about and now googling, thanks for the tip! I haven't studied it yet, but according to you CBC the idea being for "the Senate and the Governor General, in collaboration with a committee of citizens, to issue edicts to federal, provincial and municipal governments to repeal all vaccine-related restrictions". And this is indeed how I understand it: every level of authority in the country, from local trustee to GG works for the citizens; or does not work that is, there is no other reasons for them to work. There's no and can be no democratic authority that can tell to the citizens: no you're wrong. We know better. We're here to tell you what to do, just do it no questions allowed or answered.

Governments must work for the citizens. They have to produce real and measurable results. Vaccines either work as claimed or they don't and then the restrictions have no ground. Citizens have the right to know. No, "we know better" is not a valid answer.

Yes such governments existed and exist but they are not called "democratic" in fact and nature if not in the name. Do you understand that too, CBC?

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Meanwhile the anti convoy people are now starting to share their own memes now that this thing is popped into the public consciousness. What they're sharing now is a picture of a bunch of convoy folks who apparently parked on the Cenotaph for the unknown soldier.

It shows great disrespect, but it is a common thing to disrespect the tomb according to the police ... But the actual cenotaph for the unknown soldier is a large metal box filled with concrete, looks like a coffin about 3 feet tall 7 feet long...impossible to park on, the other cenotaph in the back ground is dedicated to all the soldiers who fought in WWI , thats like 40 feet tall or greater, it might be possible to park on the flat section designed for soldiers on parade on NOV 11, but it is normally blocked off by metal posts embedded into the concrete every 6 feet or so with thick heavy chain running from post to post. Unless things have changed...there is some room to park on street side.

putting signs and stuff on terry fox  statue..  dancing on tomb of unknown soilder   demanding all mandates for masks /vaccines be dropped  smh... i am on board for  no one should lose there job for being unvaxed unless you are in health care  because  people working with elder people  i think should do everything possible to protect them but this protest is getting pointless.

3 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

i am on board for  no one should lose there job for being unvaxed unless

It's one or the other though. Sorry to break it but there's no middle ground here. If there's no checks nor feedback they'll just think that nobody cares as just seen and keep pressing on "for as long as necessary". No, there's no middle ground as no checks and feedback and ways for the bureaucracy to get back in touch with the reality unless it comes to it. Two years is sufficient to see, feel and get that.

• Like 1

"In the three months leading up to the 2021 election (between July and Sept.) Liberals say more than 57,100 contributors dished out $7.65 million, marking a record for the party. As of 1 p.m., a GoFundMe fund set up for the truckers on Jan. 14 surpassed this figure, raising $8 million"

• Like 1

Every time Mr. O'Toole begins to earn my support, he and the CPC do something to alienate me. During the election, he lost my vote by supporting the Northern Gateway pipeline. This week, it is the hypocrisy of the CPC who are encouraging the truckers to block the roads, but when the First Nations did the same thing only protesting a far more serious issues, they said the Government should tear down the blockades. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Is the coverage overall positive in your opinion?  

I just heard the anchor on CTV news claim although the protestors want an end to mandates and restrictions, there remains a big concern of "illness".

I found the use of the word "illness" instead of "death", interesting. 

34 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I just heard the anchor on CTV news claim although the protestors want an end to mandates and restrictions, there remains a big concern of "illness".

I found the use of the word "illness" instead of "death", interesting. 

Because there are more consequences from Covid than just complete recovery or death. It’s illness that is stressing the health care system, not death.

Once you are dead you are no longer a burden to the system.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1