Trucker's Convoy

West

I saw this on Rebel's YouTube podcast this morning and I thought, 'Man...that is so right on...'

The point was the Government's governance of this - what they call a pandemic - is so much like an abusive relationship.

Below is the diagram illustrating this. Tell me I'm wrong in thinking government under the current control of the "Resetters" is so much like an abusive relationship. Everything the abuser does the government does.

Starting with #1: Stop you from seeing your family and friends.

In my Province, Commie Bonnie Henry tried to cancel Christmas. She passed an edict saying who and how many could celebrate Christmas with you.

She's not even a competent abuser though because nobody listened to her on that one.

Anyway here's the diagram. Tell me if you agree. I think you can click to enlarge.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-02-at-10.24.35-AM.pn

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Uh huh. Now who’s talking about a conspiracy?

I am I suppose.  But as most of them are - it's in plain day.  No need to ask if Bill Gates owns Facebook and Pfizer etc. etc.

People like the truckers and give them money.  17% of Canadians support the truckers.  If there are really 400 of them then the GoFundMe lady should just split the money.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Nicely put. What’s going on now really says, Mr. Trudeau must go.

Yet that possibility is now blocked by the situation with the CPC. 

Canadian politics has been castrated. We have no other choice short term, than Trudeau.

Yeah, but can we not impeach him and just boot him out in favor of another liberal?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No... Not with the low level of support we are talking about.  And now with no party behind it.

You have to separate the issues.  Of course most people and all parties want the blockades gone.  The majority of people also want pandemic measures to end.  The pandemic measures represent a suspension of our Charter rights.  So the question is, do we recognize that while the methods of the convoy are disruptive they provide powerful support for a policy change that most Canadians want and therefore have value, or do we simply ignore the important message and focus solely on ending the blockades by any means necessary?

I think that since the convoy’s message has such importance, at the very least government must address the protesters’ concerns as at least part of the solution to ending the blockades.

Ignoring the protesters and resorting to removing them by force is short-sighted.  If the federal government can’t provide a firm date for the ending of vaccine mandates, I think it’s reasonable for the protests to persist.

Well it doesn’t matter what you or I think, without an end to the mandates the protests will persist.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

God is outside the Universe that he has created in spiritual form not or never on earth as a human. God is too complex for our 3 pound brain to even begin to understand.

OK well not really my point.  Of course political movements would like to co-opt God.  But it is in bad faith to do so.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You have to separate the issues.  Of course most people and all parties want the blockades gone.  The majority of people also want pandemic measures to end.  The pandemic measures represent a suspension of our Charter rights.  So the question is, do we recognize that while the methods of the convoy are disruptive they provide powerful support for a policy change that most Canadians want and therefore have value, or do we simply ignore the important message and focus solely on ending the blockades by any means necessary?

I think that since the convoy’s message has such importance, at the very least government must address the protesters’ concerns as at least part of the solution to ending the blockades.

Ignoring the protesters and resorting to removing them by force is short-sighted.  If the federal government can’t provide a firm date for the ending of vaccine mandates, I think it’s reasonable for the protests to persist.

Well it doesn’t matter what you or I think, without an end to the mandates the protests will persist.  

Can't see any province outside SK and AB ever ending the mandates.  Will continue in perpetuity.

9 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Can't see any province outside SK and AB ever ending the mandates.  Will continue in perpetuity.

Well that would lead to civil war and perhaps intervention by a foreign power, the US.  For those with a big hate-on for the measures and the strength to hang in there for the long haul, such an outcome might be welcomed.  I’m sure that people are seriously weighing up whether Canada as a nation-state is a better option than annexation.

Don’t kid yourself, our institutions aren’t as solid as they appear.   What’s happening to Ukraine militarily is, to some extent, happening to Canada ideologically as some Canadians are openly wondering if they’d have more freedom as Americans.  The only real political opposition to our left-wing rather totalitarian government is the Republican Party, which isn’t even Canadian.  They seem more interested in defending the Canadian constitution than the Liberal government.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Look at these very concerning fascist ideas about how our government is considering dealing with the protesters:

Trudeau said authorities are prepared to hit protesters where it hurts the most by suspending commercial trucking licenses and pursuing charges that could result in jail time. He also warned that criminal sanctions could be levelled that would stop the protesters from ever travelling internationally again.”

CBC

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Look at these very concerning fascist ideas about how our government is considering dealing with the protesters:

Trudeau said authorities are prepared to hit protesters where it hurts the most by suspending commercial trucking licenses and pursuing charges that could result in jail time. He also warned that criminal sanctions could be levelled that would stop the protesters from ever travelling internationally again.”

CBC

I'm saddened the Canadian courts haven't had more to say about civil rights through the pandemic. It's like they all just shut down with COVID as the excuse. Even the Nazis let the Jews emigrate (if you weren't rounded up first).

What happened to the Charter?

"Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada"

Edited by Nexii
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nexii said:

I'm saddened the Canadian courts haven't had more to say about civil rights through the pandemic. It's like they all just shut down with COVID as the excuse. Even the Nazis let the Jews emigrate (if you weren't rounded up first).

Nothing happened to the Charter. You do have the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada but not unconditionally. You do not have the right to enter someone else's country.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Give it up.  No one with a sense of reasonable respect for others wants to live under continued mandates and restrictions in the current context.  They have to go. Trudeau is foolish to hold back reopening to make a point that he is in command of our lives.  No PM can override our rights without damn good reasons.  So the question is, how long do you think Trudeau can get away with flogging his reasons?  One only has to look across the border to see freedom returning.  Oppression is a hard sell now.

Good god, you are such a victim. Trudeau can't cave to a mob that is demanding a change in government and anyone with more than 2 brain cells knows that. You guys hate him and the idea that these people would leave if only he would talk to them is laughable. They wouldn't leave and that would make him look weaker. What right of yours has he been overriding? I mean ones you didn't just make up.

We have a process for defending rights and it isn't decided by who can assemble the biggest mob and dictate to elected governments. You better decide what kind of country you want to live in because the way you are going will guarantee the death of democracy. You will end up with an autocrat who got power by catering to the mob, because that's how real autocrats get power. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The world you are building.

What did she post? It might  have been illegal and she was getting a friendly warning. Of course law enforcement and CSIS monitor social media for possible threats to the public, it's part of their job and if you post on a public platform and don't understand that maybe the police are doing you a favour by telling you before you do get in trouble.   The officer was certainly courteous.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

What did she post? It might  have been illegal and she was getting a friendly warning. Of course law enforcement and CSIS monitor social media for possible threats to the public, it's part of their job and if you post on a public platform and don't understand that maybe the police are doing you a favour by telling you before you do get in trouble.   The officer was certainly courteous.

I fully expect you to be fine with the police harassing your political enemies in their homes for having unacceptable views. Shit...you're okay with going after people's kids, aren't you?

Loser...you'll get what's coming to you one day.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I fully expect you to be fine with the police harassing your political enemies in their homes for having unacceptable views. Shit...you're okay with going after people's kids, aren't you?

Loser...you'll get what's coming to you one day.

That's it, just look at one side. You have no idea what she posted, it could have been advocating violence or fit the legal description of hate speech. But you aren't really interested in that.

You are OK with going after people's kids, otherwise you wouldn't be OK with adults taking their kids to potentially dangerous places and hiding behind them.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

That's it, just look at one side. You have no idea what she posted, it could have been advocating violence or fit the legal description of hate speech. But you aren't really interested in that.

You are OK with going after people's kids, otherwise you wouldn't be OK with adults taking their kids to potentially dangerous places and hiding behind them.

(spits)

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well that would lead to civil war and perhaps intervention by a foreign power, the US.  For those with a big hate-on for the measures and the strength to hang in there for the long haul, such an outcome might be welcomed.  I’m sure that people are seriously weighing up whether Canada as a nation-state is a better option than annexation.

Don’t kid yourself, our institutions aren’t as solid as they appear.   What’s happening to Ukraine militarily is, to some extent, happening to Canada ideologically as some Canadians are openly wondering if they’d have more freedom as Americans.  The only real political opposition to our left-wing rather totalitarian government is the Republican Party, which isn’t even Canadian.  They seem more interested in defending the Canadian constitution than the Liberal government.  

Yes, the US conservative movement is taking notice.  A march on Washington however could become ugly as I am sure the FBI is looking for a fight when it comes to conservatives.  We all remember what they did at WACO, ruby ridge and under Comey.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

CBC

What of criminal sanctions for giving federal contracts to SNC Lavalin without a honest competition practice?

1 hour ago, Nexii said:

It's ignored.  Otherwise we wouldn't have free speech rights for only protected classes.

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

That’s too bad, because the news today says Ontario is planning to remove them.

Must be a shocker to any of those here cheering “Rah, rah, mandates!” Sudden about face. Now what? How about a little cognitive dissonance for all covid-vaccine fanatics.

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So what.  This is Canada not east germany of the 1980s.  

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

That’s too bad, because the news today says Ontario is planning to remove them.

Must be a shocker to any of those here cheering “Rah, rah, mandates!” Sudden about face. Now what? How about a little cognitive dissonance for all covid-vaccine fanatics.

I will believe it when I see it.  Wasn't Ontario one of the more draconian provinces?

• Like 1