Trucker's Convoy

West

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Do you still want Trudeau to send in the Canadian Army to finish this? Army Guy might find that interesting...

Nobody has the balls to send in the Army, becasue everyone knows it will turn into a shit show very quickly, and we all know how quickly Justin will be pointing fingers at whom ever does this and blaming them for everything that went wrong, because nothing sticks to Teflon man......

It signals the lack effort by the federal government or provincial , and how quickly they turn to violence to solve political problems, coming from a nation that was OK with locking up unvaccinated people,or taxing them, or cutting them off medical care... i guess kicking the shit out of some of them would be no big deal right, i mean women and children are going to be caught up in all this as well, who cares right...

Maybe we can get a shot of one of them being dragged down the street by their hair, kicking and screaming....  this will be front and center of every media outlet around the country.... it will also show how unprepared  the local police and OPP and RCMP. But i think they know that they will be vilified regardless of how this goes down and will be used against them for years to come, so they want to pass the buck on to the Army, know your audience, the Canadian people  ....so why bother... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, myata said:

So here's how it goes. First we have astronomical budgets to pay for the police (among the top municipal expenses). Then police pays top bucks to subcontractor firm "to manage their message": Ottawa police hire elite crisis-management firm to handle protest messaging.

Will the circle ever stop? Will we ever be off this hook of high level buddies paying our bucks to more buddies? When and what astronomical amounts would it take?

It never stops because government can just print more money by issuing more debt. And passing off the issue to the next government. That is the downside of democracy, it's very short term focused as popularity now gets you in power.

I do wonder if there could be a system where government is run more like a business with mandated balanced budgets by constitution. That might sound cold but we all pay for overspending in less overt ways like inflation and currency devaluation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Nobody is teaching kids they have to be something they are not. They may be taught that they can be their own preference if they choose to, and that is fine. This is a free country not an islamic republic to lash people for being different or execute them if they act on their preference. I hope nobody is suggesting that.

People are born with certain preferences and science has proven that. Their mind and soul are what they are. You can't force to change a person.

It is a free country, but since when do we allow minors to make life altering decisions, which includes surgery to change their gender or sex... when did we as parents give up that right, and what else have parents been striped off... Did we just give them the keys to their own fate...

Why did you give Johnny a gun to play with, he said he wanted it and started to cry, i'll take you to court so poof i gave him the gun, ... i know it was a bad idea,  ...but children have the freedom to make their own choices now... That is insanity 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

It is a free country, but since when do we allow minors to make life altering decisions, which includes surgery to change their gender or sex... when did we as parents give up that right, and what else have parents been striped off... Did we just give them the keys to their own fate...

Why did you give Johnny a gun to play with, he said he wanted it and started to cry, i'll take you to court so poof i gave him the gun, ... i know it was a bad idea,  ...but children have the freedom to make their own choices now... That is insanity 

Minors are allowed to make gender changing decisions?!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Nobody has the balls to send in the Army, becasue everyone knows it will turn into a shit show very quickly, and we all know how quickly Justin will be pointing fingers at whom ever does this and blaming them for everything that went wrong, because nothing sticks to Teflon man......

It signals the lack effort by the federal government or provincial , and how quickly they turn to violence to solve political problems, coming from a nation that was OK with locking up unvaccinated people,or taxing them, or cutting them off medical care... i guess kicking the shit out of some of them would be no big deal right, i mean women and children are going to be caught up in all this as well, who cares right...

Maybe we can get a shot of one of them being dragged down the street by their hair, kicking and screaming....  this will be front and center of every media outlet around the country.... it will also show how unprepared  the local police and OPP and RCMP. But i think they know that they will be vilified regardless of how this goes down and will be used against them for years to come, so they want to pass the buck on to the Army, know your audience, the Canadian people  ....so why bother... 

Interesting that some feel that you are theirs to point and shoot. 

I think the Army would refuse to attack Canadians.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I didn't say he had more involvement or the most involvement.

I said he helped write it and maybe we should consider what he has to say about how it's being used or applied today.

What if all the other contributors don't agree with him?  Should we pay attention to that?

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Interesting that some feel that you are theirs to point and shoot. 

I think the Army would refuse to attack Canadians.

They learned that the hard way after OKA... Because Mr Chretien love the military, or so he said so... but Budget cuts , and slashing troop numbers was his way of showing his love...and he loved to show his love ....

That would depend on what these Canadians did, and how it was sold to them, At OKA we were told they shot and killed unknown number of police officers, wounding many more, they had Machine guns, light anti tank wpns, and where that any more attacks from the feds they would take this war to the people... We were fed an line of made up bullshit, they laid it on to sell it, that this was the right thing to do, they did it because they knew some of us might be on those final attacks with live ammo...

. Oka could have been dealt with another way...by politicians not warriors...

In other operations it was different the bad guys were killing our soldiers, it was you or them, you had to kill to survive. Doing your job had become normal some how. But domestic ops are always the hardest

• Like 1

Downtown Ottawa is under siege. Federalis have sent in the RCMP, and they've locked the core completely down with concrete barriers. Problem is that it just takes a few more trucks to pile up along the roads there, and you have the same problem anyway and are choking off ever more of the city.

It should be noted that Ottawa is in a strategically risky location, in that it is isolated from the rest of the country and accessible through only a few major roads. Although it might have been a good idea in the past to defend from US invasion by providing only one way in along highway 416, that bottleneck now makes it vulnerable to being chocked off from supply chains... by trucks.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Minors are allowed to make gender changing decisions?!!!!!

Minors can elect hormone therapy as early as 7 years old... But i don't think they can do that without parent permission

As for surgery most have to be atleast 18... they said most so they may be special exceptions...

Transgender children in Canada to get more support, expert says | CBC News

Trepel’s clinic currently treats children as young as four years old, and the therapies available to them depend on their age.

Currently, children as young as seven or eight years old can take hormones to block the physical changes of puberty, a therapy that is completely reversible.

By their early teens, they can opt for cross-hormone therapy, which is more difficult to reverse.

35 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So what is Army Guy saying?

This is what i asked... And i doubt very much any of this can be done without the parents consent, after 18 all bets are off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nexii said:

It never stops because government can just print more money by issuing more debt. And passing off the issue to the next government. That is the downside of democracy, it's very short term focused as popularity now gets you in power.

The country's management elites is a small and closed circle. Individuals move freely between positions of power in public and private administrations. The only way to prevent both abuse and visibility of it, with unclear implications (not in the least because the same circle creates legislation; and performs oversight functions, over itself) is highly active citizenry and total transparency. Anything less and it will never end just because it works fine for everybody (there).

1 hour ago, Nexii said:

For sex reassignment surgery in Canada one must be an adult. 

"Who gets to decide when a 14-year-old wants to change gender? The child, the hospital, the battling parents?

A B.C. case raises difficult questions about parental rights and about how young is too young to make medical decisions. The result is a messy ethical and legal tangle

“I have a male brain that doesn’t match up with the body I’m in,” says the Grade 9, Surrey, B.C., student, who was the female gender at birth.

“It’s like being trapped in a cage.”

Max is now at the centre of a complicated legal fight over who gets to decide the course of treatment for his gender dysphoria. Max and his mom, Sarah, with the support of the gender clinic at B.C. Children’s Hospital, want to proceed with a treatment plan that would involve injecting Max with testosterone — a key step, they say, in Max’s desire to transition from a female to a male body.

But Max’s father, Clark, who is separated from Sarah and shares joint custody of Max, believes things are moving too fast and worries about the treatment’s risks. Why can’t Max wait until he’s an adult before taking such a big step? What if Max comes to regret his decision, but the changes are irreversible? Doesn’t the father get to have a say in the matter at all?

The case raises difficult questions about parental rights, about child autonomy, about how young is too young to make serious medical decisions. The result is a messy ethical and legal tangle, where a number of deeply interested parties — all with competing points of view on this issue, and all with the child’s best interest in mind — are at odds over how to proceed.

. unquote

Who gets to decide when a 14-year-old wants to change gender? The child, the hospital, the battling parents? | National Post

This is a result of the new "woke" or progressive society/government catering to the LGBT movement and rejecting our historic Judeo-Christian roots which would never countenance such a thing.

Incidentally the father in this case, who was trying to protect his 14 yr old daughter (or son depending how you view it) was sentenced to a six month jail term and a $30,000 fine for breaking a court order by releasing information about this case.  This is the punishment now in Canada for interfering with an evil system by refusing to obey a court order limiting what he could say publicly about the case. Why were they trying to silence him?

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

This is what i asked... And i doubt very much any of this can be done without the parents consent, after 18 all bets are off. 

According to a court case I mentioned above, a 14 year old has the right to decide.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Exactly.

Kids in grade 3 think that they know what they wanna be when they grow up but a lot changes in 9 years. 

No kids at that age truly understand long-term goals or consequences. Give them the chance to eat Fruit Loops or broccoli and they'll all choose Fruit Loops. Give them a chance to play video games or read a book and they'll all play Fortnite. 

When they think that they can change to be a man/woman, they think that they're gonna be able to have kids and be a dad/mom. That's not the case. They'll give up their chance to be a biological parent and have a family before they're old enough to even remotely understand the full consequences of their actions.

People are changing through every stage of their life. I've heard it said many a time that most people don't truly become their own person until they're 30. At 8? Forget it. Even at 18 most people aren't mature enough to make that kind of choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

How did this end up in the trucker convoy thread. Do they have a mobile surgical hospital with them?

SWEEET! I was a huge M*A*S*H fan.

Exactly.  Stay focused folks.  Big tech has just closed down the go fund me page.  Say goodbye to the 10,000,000.

Any comments on that?

7 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Exactly.  Stay focused folks.  Big tech has just closed down the go fund me page.  Say goodbye to the 10,000,000.

Any comments on that?

It will be refunded to those who donated. If they don't apply for a refund, the money will go to the charities pre-chosen by the organizers, which were Veteran's associations/groups.

The organizers don't seem too worried about it, they post regular updates on the "business end" of the convoy.

This was planned for, alternate ways of donating were already set up.