Trucker's Convoy

West

15 minutes ago, Faramir said:

And the left wants to suppress free speech.  

Attacking minorities or speaking against them is not freedom of speech it is freedom for hate and inciting violence and civil war. You attack them first then they attack you back then every one will be attacking every one. This is the Canada in which the far right wish us to live. The overwhelming majority of Canadians are against that.

21 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

If you carry out an emotional attack on a muslim like calling her names because she chooses to wear a hijab then it is as harmful and as hurtful as physical attack and yes you should be punished for it. You don't like it then don't do it but you have no right to make a judgement or take action on other people who may have  different beliefs or religions.

Not really true, I agree there should be consequences for such verbal attacks, but according to Criminal code of Canada, Being racist is not illegal, and as long as your words can not be interrupted as inciting hate, then you can pretty much say anything you like...

Many examples of what is or is not hateful speech. 

Is Being Racist Illegal In Canada? | Toronto Criminal Lawyers (daleybyers.com)

"Davis also said that given the size of some donations – some are in excess of $30,000 – and the speed that the money poured in, she thinks there’s good reason to wonder where the money is coming from.

“The amount of money that's been raised, in the short period of time that that's happened, is very interesting,” she said.

“It raises a lot of questions about the organic nature of that fundraising activity. Were these all people who were interested in the anti-mandate aspects of the convoy? Or was there something else driving interest in the protest?”

Security experts concerned about possible ‘threat financing’ tied to trucker convoy (msn.com)

When large amounts of money, like over $30,000 is coming from foreign unidentified sources, it should raise alarm bells as this could be a threat to national security.  Must be some very rich or powerful foreign actors behind this.  Could it even be foreign governments who are trying to cause anarchy and instability in our democracy?

24 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is not a choice. They are born gay like those born left handed. A minority and minorities always suppressed by far right.

I like to see a source if you have it, and the question i ask is today they have people who's gender is fluid i think thats what  they call it, who are Bi on day and not the other, according to how they feel that minute, sounds to me like it is a choice, or perhaps they did not get enough of that DNA your talking about. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is not a choice. They are born gay like those born left handed. A minority and minorities always suppressed by far right.

Science has not proven people are born that way.  There is no different gene or anything biological to prove that.  It is more due to social influences.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

"Davis also said that given the size of some donations – some are in excess of $30,000 – and the speed that the money poured in, she thinks there’s good reason to wonder where the money is coming from.

“The amount of money that's been raised, in the short period of time that that's happened, is very interesting,” she said.

“It raises a lot of questions about the organic nature of that fundraising activity. Were these all people who were interested in the anti-mandate aspects of the convoy? Or was there something else driving interest in the protest?”

Security experts concerned about possible ‘threat financing’ tied to trucker convoy (msn.com)

When large amounts of money, like over $30,000 is coming from foreign unidentified sources, it should raise alarm bells as this could be a threat to national security.  Must be some very rich or powerful foreign actors behind this.  Could it even be foreign governments who are trying to cause anarchy and instability in our democracy?

You mean like all the funding coming from Special interest groups in the states over our fossil fuel industry...or the special interest groups that pay for protestors on pipe lines or logging mills. And you might want to know that some of these pipe line protestors are paid by our own government... And nothing has been done about issues... I mean fossil fuels is a huge amount of our GDP one would assume it rated a threat to national security. But hey i can understand why not getting any sleep ot not being able to go to the local mall is a national security event. Or is it we are simply over blowing all of this...  

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You mean like all the funding coming from Special interest groups in the states over our fossil fuel industry...or the special interest groups that pay for protestors on pipe lines or logging mills. And you might want to know that some of these pipe line protestors are paid by our own government... And nothing has been done about issues... I mean fossil fuels is a huge amount of our GDP one would assume it rated a threat to national security. But hey i can understand why not getting any sleep ot not being able to go to the local mall is a national security event. Or is it we are simply over blowing all of this...  

Depends whether you live near the occupied areas or not.

Nothing about the occupation is overblown.  People have been harassed, threatened, intimidated, kept awake by the noise of horns blowing steadily.

Edited by blackbird

14 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Attacking minorities or speaking against them is not freedom of speech it is freedom for hate and inciting violence and civil war. You attack them first then they attack you back then every one will be attacking every one. This is the Canada in which the far right wish us to live. The overwhelming majority of Canadians are against that.

So....if I got on this forum, and said "Heh, did you know Muslims worship a pedophile" the RCMP should arrest and charge me?

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nothing about the occupation is overblown.  People have been harassed, threatened, intimidated, kept awake by the noise of horns blowing steadily.

There are according to media sources only 250 people left downtown, get your own rally going , go downtown and put the do the same to them, it seems they keep you awake all night , odds are the sleep to midday... buy a bunch of airhorns from the local boat store and do the same thing in the early morning... make your own counter protest if it is that much of a problem then it should be easy to get more than 250 people to go down there...

I'm not surprised but a little stunned that many Canadians think saying something "hateful" should be punished.  If I had a barbecue I would like to think I could discuss politics with my friends freely.  I would even hear opinions like those that deny the holocaust.  Now if someone walked by my house and heard say James so the Holocaust is made up by Jews, that person could call the local police and have my friend James arrested?

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Science has not proven people are born that way.  There is no different gene or anything biological to prove that.  It is more due to social influences.

Even in oppressive islamic societies there are many gay people who are born gay but have to hide it. It is not the open society or open culture that creates gay individuals. What a person does with her or his body or how it is used is no one's or no religion's business. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Even in oppressive islamic societies there are many gay people who are born gay but have to hide it. It is not the open society or open culture that creates gay individuals. What a person does with her or his body or how it is used is no one's or no religion's business. 

Which is why we should return to "don't ask don't tell".  Do whatever you want in your own home, but don't push that nonsense on me or my kids.   Gays in the military should keep it to themselves.

15 minutes ago, Faramir said:

So....if I got on this forum, and said "Heh, did you know Muslims worship a pedophile" the RCMP should arrest and charge me?

It is for you to believe as your personal opinion but have no right to say it on a public forum because this may hurt some readers unless you like hurting people who look different or have different beliefs. But we have laws in place just for that to prevent it.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Depends whether you live near the occupied areas or not.

You keep saying that...you have several options, let law enforcement handle it and grin and bear it, or do something about it, organize your own peaceful rally. during the mornings after everyone is gone to work... Jimmy Hendriks purple haze at max volume works for me...AC DC got a lot of loud songs... or here is my favorite the loudest punk rock music you can get, everybody loves punk music. 

4 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Which is why we should return to "don't ask don't tell".  Do whatever you want in your own home, but don't push that nonsense on me or my kids.   Gays in the military should keep it to themselves.

Not today, no today the liberals have changed all that, today male soldiers are allowed to wear man buns, make up, and female jewelry, all in the name of being more inclusive and changing the culture. Don't get me wrong some of it needs to be changed... but then again politicians should also have to change as well, and stop looking at the military as some leaper child.  

24 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is for you to believe as your personal opinion but have no right to say it on a public forum because this may hurt some readers unless you like hurting people who look different or have different beliefs. But we have laws in place just for that to prevent it.

How about "Jesus was a pedophile"?

18 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Not today, no today the liberals have changed all that, today male soldiers are allowed to wear man buns, make up, and female jewelry, all in the name of being more inclusive and changing the culture. Don't get me wrong some of it needs to be changed... but then again politicians should also have to change as well, and stop looking at the military as some leaper child.  

China and Russia have already won.  US generals are now more worried about inclusion than building a capable fighting force.  The Chinese must be laughing their asses off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Nice a policy that has not been updated for years... these changes just happened as Defense Ministry dives into changing DND culture to be more inclusive... Ask a Military member, there was a CANFORGEN sent out internally to forces members, and i don't have access to any more.