Trucker's Convoy

West

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

they are practicing Herbert Marcuse's ideology of "Repressive Tolerance"

see; Dr James Lindsay for further detials

Man you’re bringing me back to university days.  You’re right though.  It’s an illustration of how ideology can blind people.  People before ideology.  Always.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

38 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

okay there trudeau hater lol.  He actually has given some GOOD speeches weather you want to admit it or not.

I actually do not even hate Justin Trudeau. Hate is a really strong word and emotion. A political leader I really truly hate is Xi Jinping but that's another story.

Justin Trudeau is clearly out of his depth as Prime Minister and we all know he got there because of his last name. I've listened to him since he got elected in 2015 and frankly he does not come across as very intelligent . I would describe Justin Trudeau as the Canadian version of AOC except he holds the reigns of power.

This vote can go exactly two ways. Left or right, black or white and no middle. The citizens would have to break ranks and cause an election. This is the right thing to do, the only one. Or, going into a dark and long night. And the exit? I don't see it whoever gets to sit in the chair. All bets are off. Nothing is guaranteed.

With the system as is the crisis could be predicted, there's just no other stable outcomes. I'm surprised though to see it happening now, thought it would take much longer. It always happens like that. Something happens, wind puffs and the old and tired tree snaps... out of the blue.. if we looked away and tried to forget.

27 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is why you have no credibility.  You don’t think the current government approach is overreach and mistreats people? You never even bring persuasive counter-arguments.  It doesn’t matter.  Weak arguments and mean-spirited jabs speak for themselves.

lol coming from someone like you that doesn't mean much you didn't care at all about the people in ottawa  being harassed  or  insults at all as long as they could have there ignorant protest you were fine no matter what they did

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I actually do not even hate Justin Trudeau. Hate is a really strong word and emotion. A political leader I really truly hate is Xi Jinping but that's another story.

Justin Trudeau is clearly out of his depth as Prime Minister and we all know he got there because of his last name. I've listened to him since he got elected in 2015 and frankly he does not come across as very intelligent . I would describe Justin Trudeau as the Canadian version of AOC except he holds the reigns of power.

Aoc is plenty smart lol. so thats a compliment to justin :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Aoc is plenty smart lol. so thats a compliment to justin :)

Ok here you go again?. AOC is duly elected to office so I'll give her that. But being duly elected is by no means a guarantee that someone is really smart.

So just that everyone knows where your standards are for politicians, you are saying unequivocally that you believe AOC is "plenty smart".

Ok got ya.?

(I would agree with you in that I think Justin Trudeau is every bit as smart as AOC).?

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well I think most people would agree that if a person feels female in a male body or the reverse, and this feeling has been persistent for most or all of one’s life, then of course if there’s a way to help medically, this is apple pie stuff.  Support the identity and self-esteem of people.  I don’t see the CPC or PPC messing with that, except a few candidates on religious grounds or some belief, which is their right.  No government in Canada would or should strip trans or LGBT rights.  Of course!   That’s why we have a Charter.  The main thing is that everyone on the left and right is free to express their ideas.  The people will support what seems fair, as long as they can express themselves and vote freely.  I hope we still have that in Canada.  Not sure anymore.  I believe Canadians are fair-minded people.

Yes, we do still have that in Canada for now. A lot of the rhetoric in the USA about this sort of thing is a lot more... harsh, to put it mildly. I suppose Canadian-style populism will not become what USA-style populism is. Probably as we are more secular. Also, I think that if the CPC or PPC break through they will have more urban representation which would temper the pushback.

May we live in interesting times

what is more frightening perhaps, than even the public behavior of the government

is that this behavior indicates that there is an even more serious crisis below the waterline

the Liberals have literally destroyed themselves, nobody is ever going to trust them again

but why ?

this smacks of utter desperation

what are they so hysterical about ?

my guess ?

the fiscal situation is much worse than they are letting on, behind the scenes the government is already in a fiscal crisis

12 minutes ago, Nexii said:

I suppose Canadian-style populism will not become what USA-style populism is. 

The Republicans are too smart to sponsor illegal Convoys.  Did you see any down there?

Populism is am emotional parade, so you need the right kind of leader.  

Poilievre ain't it.

I think that Trudeau should perhaps check his Best Before / Meilleur Avant date and pass the Dictatorship on to one of his kids.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The Republicans are too smart to sponsor illegal Convoys.  Did you see any down there?

Populism is am emotional parade, so you need the right kind of leader.  

Poilievre ain't it.

I think that Trudeau should perhaps check his Best Before / Meilleur Avant date and pass the Dictatorship on to one of his kids.

hope you are right lol the thought of poilevre as PM isnt pretty lol.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

We will have to see what he says.  So far I have little to go on.

yea  I have hated him since the Harper days disliked him even more then harper himself lol.  Ain't big fans of  jameet or trudeau and was debating sitting the next election out but if pierre is chosen as leader then i am 100% voting to stop him lol.

48 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

lol coming from someone like you that doesn't mean much you didn't care at all about the people in ottawa  being harassed  or  insults at all as long as they could have there ignorant protest you were fine no matter what they did

1) Why is a leftist suddenly displaying a poppy as their avatar? That's disgusting. Your leaders and your media just used war memorials as a political prop to slander people. 

2) Disinformation. They found a few people to lie and pretend that they were harassed, they're called "Dr Fords" now, but that's not what was happening at all. Where's the video evidence of it happening?

Here are some of Global's harassment lies: https://globalnews.ca/news/8586606/ottawa-trucker-protest-harassment-noise/

It should have been super-easy to catch all the midnight horn-honking on video, but instead they just write about it. Weird. Another instance of Global News operating entirely without cameras at the most inopportune [3-week long] moment. 

If you dig up some global news it will all contain lies. You just can't ignore them. 

“All we hear are these horns, all night long. Driving us crazy. I haven’t slept in three days,” downtown resident Alan Gemmill told Global News on Tuesday.

Propaganda 101: Don't tell the lies yourself, refer to the lies and find some Dr Ford-type interviewees who are willing to tell the correct lies.  

https://www.todayville.com/downtown-ottawa-reisident-surprised-when-he-meets-the-protestors-he-was-warned-about/

A night with the untouchables

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.

1 hour ago, Jack9000 said:

Oh Gawd! You mean someone got called names?

Oh this changes everything...

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) Why is a leftist suddenly displaying a poppy as their avatar? That's disgusting. Your leaders and your media just used war memorials as a political prop to slander people. 

2) Disinformation. They found a few people to lie and pretend that they were harassed, they're called "Dr Fords" now, but that's not what was happening at all. Where's the video evidence of it happening?

Here are some of Global's harassment lies: https://globalnews.ca/news/8586606/ottawa-trucker-protest-harassment-noise/

It should have been super-easy to catch all the midnight horn-honking on video, but instead they just write about it. Weird. Another instance of Global News operating entirely without cameras at the most inopportune [3-week long] moment. 

If you dig up some global news it will all contain lies. You just can't ignore them. 

Propaganda 101: Don't tell the lies yourself, refer to the lies and find some Dr Ford-type interviewees who are willing to tell the correct lies.  

https://www.todayville.com/downtown-ottawa-reisident-surprised-when-he-meets-the-protestors-he-was-warned-about/

lol  being a leftist doesn't mean you can't use a poppy . You post nothing but  nonsense on here  anyway just like this last post there's already been proof people were harassed and  insulted  . one person saying they didn't to him doesn't mean lots weren't lol.

3 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Not true at all.  I care about anyone being harassed.  I challenge you to make a convincing case that the disruptions, noise, and harassment by people involved in the protests of Ottawa residents has caused greater damage to people than what the vaccine mandates have done to the unvaccinated and the protesters who have tried to oppose the mandates.

Blockades were a concern but they certainly got attention, and I don’t think the provinces would’ve moved as quickly to lift vaccine passports without such moves. In any event, the blockades were cleared without the Emergencies Act and bank seizure powers.  A court order ended the excessive honking.  The assaults on peaceful protesters were unethical and unconstitutional.  They likely wouldn’t have happened without these excessive government powers that created retroactive new crimes and punishments.

The line between “peaceful protest” (acceptable and constitutional) and unlawful protest was not defined and was not respected by police enforcement, which has pulled all manner of stunts and Charter violations.  Indeed government gave police a green light.

The removal of rigs could’ve been handled easily through constructive dialogue with the truckers.  Instead they were arrested, their bank accounts frozen, and their property seized.  Many of these people had already suffered discrimination on the basis of trying to have medical discretion, to the extent of unemployment.

So you tell me, who has lost more in this?

By the way, the Emergencies Act remains along with vaccine mandates, and they will likely be supported by the NDP and Liberals in Parliament, even though the rigs are gone and Ottawa feels like a police state, because it is one.  I’ll take the bouncy castles, music, dance, and diverse carnival atmosphere over the police state.  I think many Canadians would, and the persistent infringement of our rights, some of which Freeland said will be permanent, are a loss for all Canadians.

Trudeau still hasn’t given an indication of when or if the vaccine mandates will end, so the unconstitutional persecution of the unvaccinated continues.

The matter of our Cabinet’s apparent “penetration” by Klaus Schwab (revealed by him), an unelected policy maker of the World Economic Forum, is almost completely absent from Parliamentary and media discussion.  It poses a direct and existential threat to our democracy and sovereignty.  

Edited by Zeitgeist