Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

I'm in a Liberal stronghold too. I do think people should be open to checking out more sources for their news. They might be surprised by what they find. My friends seem to be in the dark about what's going on in the world of politics and I think the reason for that is they only watch the local news channels, CTV seems to be the choice . None of my friends have ever written to their MP as far as I am aware. I'm guessing most Canadians are the same, just taking what the government of the day puts out for us. If all I watched was CBC, CTV or Global I wouldn't really learn anything. Tiktok and Dancing with the Stars is more important for most people these days.

the Liberals here seem to be in shock

they can't believe this is happening

Just now, myata said:

I'm sure that happened to some / many Germans, in 1930-s. Who could have thought.

the government is going to hunt you down and destroy your life right down to the wood

just for saying the slightest wrong thing ?

and you don't even know where those lines are ?

this has shot through the community like a bolt

like at the dog park, people are talking about it, but they are saying it quietly, that's how scared they are

they ask me how I am so calm

I say Christ

that doesn't seem to give them much comfort

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The people in the CPC and Bernier would never try to oppress minorities. They would not alienate trans people. They’re trying to restore minority protections from the Charter because they made the accurate connection between protecting the medical discretion of the unvaccinated and the civil rights of visible minorities, LGBTQ, Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, Christians, etc.

What was fascinating about the protests was seeing “my body, my choice” feminists walking arm in arm with rural Christians.  What’s at stake is our very free expression and minority rights.  That’s why civil liberties organizations are freaking out right now.  They know that our government is pissing on constitutionally protected rights. Some on the left, especially in the US, are calling our government out.  Bill Maher was really good on this, but where is the discussion in Canada?   The opposition have been branded racist and misogynist by our PM, full stop, no discussion.  

PPC was pretty against minors transitioning as recent as a year ago.

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_ppc_government_will_fight_radical_gender_ideology

Can't say I back that part. To push against medical choice when they say your choice for vaccines is quite an incongruency. How many minors end up being gay or lesbian 'instead' of trans (which they're also ignorant about, orientation is not the same as expression)? Probably very few, the truth is it's much more accepted to be gay or lesbian than trans.

Anyways the other problem is more or less what they are getting at. Too much of the woke crowd in research circles, it wouldn't be PC to find out answers to questions like that. So the right goes with belief as their guide instead of any actual science backing the issue. This won't be resolved or understood for a very long time due to the lack of objective-based research.

I could say more but yes, overall liberties are a much bigger worry right now. Donate to the CCF and CCLA if you haven't already.

like people contributed to the truckers like any other political cause, not seeing any danger in it

then out of the blue, the government retroactively criminalized those contributions as "terrorism" ?

that has scared the living daylights out of them

that a Canadian government would do this, particularly a Liberal government, is inconceivable to them

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack9000 said:

Trudeau Just gave one of his better speech's on tv acutally now that's acting more like a Pm  then his language last week.. Bravo to him.

Ok now I know you're pulling our collective leg here. Trudeau has NEVER given a good speech. He's an actor, he's a drama queen. His speeches aren't rousing in any way. He is very  contrived and when he does speak without a script he sounds foolish. He should venture outside of his bubble more often. He is like Canadian royalty but I don't mean that as a compliment. He reminds me of Prince Charles, a spoiled rotten man-child that's never done an honest days work in his life but feels he is above the rest of us.

Just now, ironstone said:

Ok now I know you're pulling our collective leg here. Trudeau has NEVER given a good speech. He's an actor, he's a drama queen. His speeches aren't rousing in any way. He is very  contrived and when he does speak without a script he sounds foolish. He should venture outside of his bubble more often. He is like Canadian royalty but I don't mean that as a compliment. He reminds me of Prince Charles, a spoiled rotten man-child that's never done an honest days work in his life but feels he is above the rest of us.

okay there trudeau hater lol.  He actually has given some GOOD speeches weather you want to admit it or not.

the purpose of these "polls" is simply propaganda now

for the minions of the government to go around asserting that the people are with them

but at this point, people are too scared to answer the poll truthfully

they are just saying whatever they think the government wants them to say

because people are getting doxxed and retroactively criminalized as "terrorists"

for things they said & did in what they believed was in confidence

this is how tyrannical repressive regimes operate all over the world

8 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

okay there trudeau hater lol.  He actually has given some GOOD speeches weather you want to admit it or not.

Can you name one? And I would point out that a good speech by a politician would/should inspire even supporters of other political parties. Trudeau can easily rouse his own fan base but that's not saying much. Speaking in front of adoring naive teenagers at a WE event is not too hard for Trudeau.

I've seen enough of Trudeau's speaking style and I'm not impressed. I wasn't impressed by O'Toole either.

22 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Trudeau has been a disaster. Imagine if there was an actual emergency ?

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is why you have no credibility.  You don’t think the current government approach is overreach and mistreats people? You never even bring persuasive counter-arguments.  It doesn’t matter.  Weak arguments and mean-spirited jabs speak for themselves.

they are practicing Herbert Marcuse's ideology of "Repressive Tolerance"

see; Dr James Lindsay for further detials

40 minutes ago, Nexii said:

PPC was pretty against minors transitioning as recent as a year ago.

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_ppc_government_will_fight_radical_gender_ideology

Can't say I back that part. To push against medical choice when they say your choice for vaccines is quite an incongruency. How many minors end up being gay or lesbian 'instead' of trans (which they're also ignorant about, orientation is not the same as expression)? Probably very few, the truth is it's much more accepted to be gay or lesbian than trans.

Anyways the other problem is more or less what they are getting at. Too much of the woke crowd in research circles, it wouldn't be PC to find out answers to questions like that. So the right goes with belief as their guide instead of any actual science backing the issue. This won't be resolved or understood for a very long time due to the lack of objective-based research.

I could say more but yes, overall liberties are a much bigger worry right now. Donate to the CCF and CCLA if you haven't already.

Well I think most people would agree that if a person feels female in a male body or the reverse, and this feeling has been persistent for most or all of one’s life, then of course if there’s a way to help medically, this is apple pie stuff.  Support the identity and self-esteem of people.  I don’t see the CPC or PPC messing with that, except a few candidates on religious grounds or some belief, which is their right.  No government in Canada would or should strip trans or LGBT rights.  Of course!   That’s why we have a Charter.  The main thing is that everyone on the left and right is free to express their ideas.  The people will support what seems fair, as long as they can express themselves and vote freely.  I hope we still have that in Canada.  Not sure anymore.  I believe Canadians are fair-minded people.