Trucker's Convoy

West

8 minutes ago, ironstone said:

has the Conservatives at 39% and the Liberals at 31%

It doesn't matter much it's the same outdated and entrenched system that is driving the country into the third world. The democracy in the country is suffocating. Trudeau has shown very clearly that it's not a match for the problems and challenges of this century. If the country will not find a way to update and renew it, the writing is on the wall.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The majority of Canadians oppose the Trudeau government but the party that got the most seats has the government, even though more people voted Conservative. The NDP are propping up the Liberal government.  They refuse to acknowledge Trudeau’s complete mismanagement of our country.  They think propping up this government gives them power they wouldn’t have by joining the opposition.  That’s fine, but Canadians won’t forget the tyranny they’re supporting.  It will really backfire.  

its how FPTP  Works  just cause you get most votes doesn't mean you win government dude. you need to win th seats

Just now, myata said:

Now Trudeau likes the system forget what he said some years back. And march in the opposite direction. All together, now!

the conservatives liked it under harper also when the NDP and libs split the vote enough for a 4 year majority in 2011.. it benefits both sides back and forth and will benefit the cons eventually again also.

• Like 1

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

doesn't get more pro-west than Dougie93

if you think otherwise, it's probably because you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer

Then he shouldn't advocate overthrowing parliamentary democracy, obviously. Nothing pro-west about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Then he shouldn't advocate overthrowing parliamentary democracy, obviously. Nothing pro-west about that.

he didn't do that

you advocate for Chicom overlords running Canada on the other hand

now that isn't very pro-west

throwing stones from a glass house is a bad look

you project your anti-west bias on others

iron law of woke projection

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

But my point is what do the majority of Canadians think about using the powers of the Emergency Act against the truckers?

We are being bombarded with totally different narratives.

Canadians increasingly support Truckers, Freedom. Trudeau declares National Emergencies Act! | The Wentworth Report

Two-thirds of Canadians support use of Emergencies Act against protesters: Poll - OrissaPOST

The comparisons have been made between use of the War Measures Act by Trudeau senior and now the Emergency Act by junior. During the FLQ crisis there were bombs, kidnappings and actual murder. By comparison the trucker protest has been very peaceful although as I've said before they should not have shut down any roads or disrupted the downtown with the horns. This protest was clearly better described as civil disobedience and not terrorism as was the case with the FLQ. The truckers went too far with disruptions but the Trudeau reaction also went too far. It's the analogy of a bazooka to kill a mosquito. Just clear the blockages but there should be no heavy handed action like confiscation of property and bank assets. Doxxing people that have contributed to the truckers in good faith? The leftist media is doing that.

Media targeting donors to Canada's protest leads to questions over free speech (nypost.com)

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

Who is, in fact, overthrowing Parliamentary democracy?   My only fear of the overthrow of our constitutional monarchy stems from current Liberal government policy and approaches.  

10 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

it benefits both sides back and forth and will benefit the cons eventually again also.

Yes it benefits the entrenched political players but not the society, very clearly. It doesn't reflect nor understands, neither wants and has any interest in understanding its problems. It's very good where it is thank-you. And there's no simple ways to update it. We are in a serious trouble. I predict not much positive will happen in the country in the social dimension in the next two decades. If the reality proves me mistaken I'll readily admit it. Just don't see where it could come from.

Edited by myata

1 minute ago, myata said:

Yes it benefits political players but not the society, very clearly. And there's no simple ways to update it. We are in a serious trouble. I predict not much positive will happen in the country in the social dimension in the next two decades. If the reality proves me mistaken I'll readily admit it. Just don't see where it could come from.

A Conservative government would be much better for the country right now.  I used to be a Liberal.  I’m looking at facts on the ground right now.  

7 minutes ago, ironstone said:

But my point is what do the majority of Canadians think about using the powers of the Emergency Act against the truckers?

I live in a Liberal Party of Canada stronghold here

I have gone door to door to talk to my neighbors

they all say they same thing

they all agree with me

but they are afraid

they don't want to lose their jobs, homes, kids, etc

I understand they've started arresting people outside of the protected compound now. Anyone whom they can identify was associated with the protest in some way. Not sure how they know that, but it doesn't look good. Doesn't look good at all.

Getting ready to see face-masked goons without name tags or other identification marks, Just "Security"....

Move along, move along.

2 minutes ago, myata said:

I like to be proven wrong, would totally accept it if I see it but from what I can see now it's going to be a quite sad, dim and dull country in the next decades. And then, all bets are off.

this is the net effect of moral hazard

Canada is in hock to the Chinese Communists in Beijing

they are propping the Canadian ruling class up

so the Chinese are running Canada from Beijing, by literal default

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I live in a Liberal Party of Canada stronghold here

I have gone door to door to talk to my neighbors

they all say they same thing

they all agree with me

but they are afraid

they don't want to lose their jobs, homes, kids, etc

I'm in a Liberal stronghold too. I do think people should be open to checking out more sources for their news. They might be surprised by what they find. My friends seem to be in the dark about what's going on in the world of politics and I think the reason for that is they only watch the local news channels, CTV seems to be the choice . None of my friends have ever written to their MP as far as I am aware. I'm guessing most Canadians are the same, just taking what the government of the day puts out for us. If all I watched was CBC, CTV or Global I wouldn't really learn anything. Tiktok and Dancing with the Stars is more important for most people these days.