Trucker's Convoy

West

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Tsk tsk. Such arrogance coming from the next PM of Canada.

She’s definitely manipulating Trudeau.  It’s really her government and Canadians should be very worried about what further damage she could inflict on the country. Canada is run by international bodies that weren’t elected by Canadians and that are unaccountable to Canadians. Freeland and Trudeau ushered this in. He’s the face. She’s the brains. Ukraine is her big cause now.  We just gave $500 million to this cause without public consent.  We wouldn’t even be in this situation if the Liberal-supported Biden Dems weren’t in office.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Then include the conservatives in your criticism and not only liberal. Include NDP as well as BC was one of the worst with restrictions.

Oh and, don't forget the Saskatchewan Party and CAQ and Consensus Government (NWT and Nunavut)

Heck, why not just say all Canadian Governments LOL

Fine..."All Canadian Governments" are currently lead by Libbie jerk-offs...regardless of the label they give themselves.

Feel better now?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Fine..."All Canadian Governments" are currently lead by Libbie jerk-offs...regardless of the label they give themselves.

Feel better now?

Libbie and Con and Dipper jerk-offs.

Not a matter of me feeling better, just making sure you understand what and who you are accusing.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Just 1 more reason to dispose of our corrupt political and bureaucratic traitors. 

Well, this money laundering should make that as easy as pie if the corruption involves government officials looking the other way.

Have you written your representative to raise this issue with them? If not why not?

I did and I also wrote the leaders of the opposition, such as it is.

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

She’s definitely manipulating Trudeau.  It’s really her government and Canadians should be very worried about what further damage she could inflict on the country. Canada is run by international bodies that weren’t elected by Canadians and that are unaccountable to Canadians. Freeland and Trudeau ushered this in. He’s the face. She’s the brains. Ukraine is her big cause now.  We just gave $500 million to this cause without public consent.  We wouldn’t even be in this situation if the Liberal-supported Biden Dems weren’t in office.  

Are you against helping Ukraine fight back against the Russians?

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

As I said in that post Point - CounterPoint.

You had one and I had another. Carrying on was useless.

Your analogies strain for similarity and are over dramatic. Hence the "OK".

Dude, if you can't even admit that people were FORCED to take the vaccine then you just have a serious problem. 

People who were nurses, members of the military, or had any other job where vaccination was a requirement for further employment were FORCED to take the vaccine, period. 

Trying to use a cuter word than that to change the narrative is just lying because that was force, plain and simple.

Take for example the plight of a random nurse who has been on the job for 20 years.

She has several weeks of holidays/year and good benefits for her and her family. She is working her way towards a good pension, and she's into the years where her salary is high, so it's bringing up the avg for her best 5 years, which her pension will be based on.  

Suddenly she has to choose between the vax and losing her job, and if she gives up her job she will also be ineligible for CERB and EI, so she'll have to find a totally new line of work or she'll go broke soon. She can't work with any of her friends anymore, her pension will stall, she'll lose her benefits, she won't have any holidays in her first year of a new career, and it will be a real stretch to say that she can still make her car and mortgage payments.

Is that honestly what you call a choice?  FYI it's not a choice at all and anyone who says otherwise is a worthless lying piece of garbage. Grab a dictionary instead of running your mouth ffs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Who doesn’t want to help innocent people? I think we may be exacerbating the suffering of civilians and preventing a political solution.  I really don’t know.  What is the cause we’re funding exactly?   Is it Zelensky’s vision for Ukraine? Do you know what that is?  I don’t.  I know he imprisoned the leader of the opposition and that minority groups in Ukraine have been mistreated.  Clearly Russia is out of line.  How do we fix this?  When does arming Ukraine end?  When does the war end?  Do you think Russia will completely walk away from Ukraine?   Do you know how most Russians and their leaders see what’s unfolding?  

Edited by Zeitgeist

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, if you can't even admit that people were FORCED to take the vaccine then you just have a serious problem. 

People who were nurses, members of the military, or had any other job where vaccination was a requirement for further employment were FORCED to take the vaccine, period. 

Trying to use a cuter word than that to change the narrative is just lying because that was force, plain and simple.

Is that honestly what you call a choice?  FYI it's not a choice at all and anyone who says otherwise is a worthless lying piece of garbage. Grab a dictionary instead of running your mouth ffs. 

I do not have to admit anything you say I should. It is my decision,  just like taking the vaccine is. My decision.

Trying to convince me seems to be a badge of honour for some of you. I have my beliefs and make decisions based on them, not yours.

You have choices to make in life. Every day. All of them come with consequences.

24 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Who doesn’t want to help innocent people? I think we may be exacerbating the suffering of civilians and preventing a political solution.  I really don’t know.  What is the cause we’re funding exactly?   Is it Zelensky’s vision for Ukraine? Do you know what that is?  I don’t.  I know he imprisoned the leader of the opposition and that minority groups in Ukraine have been mistreated.  Clearly Russia is out of line.  How do we fix this?  When does arming Ukraine end?  When does the war end?  Do you think Russia will completely walk away from Ukraine?   Do you know how most Russians and their leaders see what’s unfolding?  

I took your comment "Ukraine is her big cause now.  We just gave $500 million to this cause without public consent.  We wouldn’t even be in this situation if the Liberal-supported Biden Dems weren’t in office.   " as some sort of discontent that we gave $500 million to Ukrainians.

15 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I took your comment "Ukraine is her big cause now.  We just gave $500 million to this cause without public consent.  We wouldn’t even be in this situation if the Liberal-supported Biden Dems weren’t in office.   " as some sort of discontent that we gave $500 million to Ukrainians.

Maybe.  Paint it whatever way you want.  I don’t think we have a clear sense of what we’re doing or why.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well, this money laundering should make that as easy as pie if the corruption involves government officials looking the other way.

Have you written your representative to raise this issue with them? If not why not?

I did and I also wrote the leaders of the opposition, such as it is.

If you wanna talk about this...make a thread.

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I actually am.   It is their conflict, which from what I know is driven by NATO and by the treatment of Russians in Eastern Ukraine by the Ukrainian government.  

Now think about this.  We were quick to side with the US and NATO, condemn Russia and impose sanctions.  As a result of those sanctions our gas is now close to $2/liter , all other prices up, and then every day at just about every counter I get asked if I want to donate to Ukraine.  Really?  I am already paying for that f**g war and not by choice.

Edited by cougar

12 hours ago, cougar said:

I actually am.   It is their conflict, which from what I know is driven by NATO and by the treatment of Russians in Eastern Ukraine by the Ukrainian government.  

Now think about this.  We were quick to side with the US and NATO, condemn Russia and impose sanctions.  As a result of those sanctions our gas is now close to $2/liter , all other prices up, and then every day at just about every counter I get asked if I want to donate to Ukraine.  Really?  I am already paying for that f**g war and not by choice.

Interesting take.

A conflict is something like what is between Israel and the Palestinians, 2 sides constantly fighting. In the Ukraine, Russia invaded and occupied.

NATO is 28 European countries and Canada and US. Canada and the US are part of NATO so, they have to support. Europe is very worried and so it should be. The big Bear is growling and no one knows what it really wants so, it has to be stopped before it carrys on. Putin wants the USSR back.

As for gas prices, that is pure marketing. When there is a hurricane in Louisiana, our gas prices went up. When there was a refinery fire in Saudi, our gas prices went up. When Russia invades, our gas prices went up even though the pipeline of oil from Russia to Europe was not cut off. We pay every time there is a glitch in the oil supply. Gas prices are a pure industry marketing plan.

My opinion/take.

11 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Moot point:  Wondering if Putin/Russia would have begun their invasion of Ukraine if Biden wasn't perceived as a weak President, if Canada wasn't saddled with a weak Prime Minister?

Is NATO just an old dog with no teeth?

I think NATO can do a lot but it is constrained by it's own rules.

NATO plays by it's rules and Putin is fully aware of that and he uses that against NATO.

Hence, he will get what he wants, the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. He may continue on to Odessa so that he has control over all the seaports, land locking Ukraine.

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I think NATO can do a lot but it is constrained by it's own rules.

NATO plays by it's rules and Putin is fully aware of that and he uses that against NATO.

Hence, he will get what he wants, the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. He may continue on to Odessa so that he has control over all the seaports, land locking Ukraine.

It’s not a return to the USSR.  Much of the former Eastern Block and some Soviet Republics have joined NATO.  I think at this point there needs to be an enforceable political solution.  A line should be drawn around those areas that Russia has tried to occupy or claim. Those peoples should have their own referendums and those territories should have UN or multi-state police forces. Russia and Ukraine must accept the outcomes of those referendums, whether the choice is to join Russia, Ukraine, or be independent states.  The condition for Ukraine not joining NATO should be no invasions or manipulation from Russia.  If Russia and/or Ukraine refuse to hammer out an agreement in a reasonable timeframe, it’s fair for NATO and other powers, ideally the UN (Russia will veto), to enforce a no fly zone over Ukraine. Otherwise Ukraine likely becomes another Afghanistan with endless war, civilian deaths, and hemorrhaging of funds from our governments in military aid.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Today, the three counts of perjury and three counts of obstruction of justice were read aloud to King in court. 

King has also retained a new lawyer, Natasha Calvinho, to fight for his release and defend him against the mounting number of charges.

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/local-news/ottawa-convoy-protest-leader-charged-with-perjury-obstruction-of-justice-5278461

This guy cannot find a lawyer. What is this....number 6??

the Canadian judiciary itself is compromised

the Public Prosecution Service doing the bidding of Justin Trudeau to crush his political opponents

pathetic

this is the sort of governance you get in a Third World Banana Republic

Canada has become an abomination, a threat to its own people

tearing the society apart, for the Liberal Party elites

Edited by Dougie93

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

When Russia invades, our gas prices went up even though the pipeline of oil from Russia to Europe was not cut off. We pay every time there is a glitch in the oil supply. Gas prices are a pure industry marketing plan.

My opinion/take.

Bottom line is the price increased and the official explanation give was the war.

The top two reasons for inflation have nothing to do with the war:

- government overspending during the pandemic raised demand far beyond supply

- Liberal/Dem climate policy shut down pipelines, fracking, and energy development

Add Liberal over-regulation and carbon taxes for the extra layers and icing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1