America under President Trump

13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Last I checked, Spain is not a race, Mexico is not a race, Illegal Immigrants are not a race. Claims of Trump being "racist" for wanting to build a border wall to reduce illegal immigration are just ridiculous on the face of it.

Spain was Holland France and England's direct rival...and usual enemy...in the New World. Spain had a century before the rest got into the colony business heavily...along with their Portuguese cohorts...looting, converting and exterminating the native populations as best they could.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Most are probably as nervous about cozying up to Trump as they are challenging China.

It's not about Trump the man, his virtue means nothing if the US pays them accordingly. It's more about they oppose the US exceptionalism he represents.

Of course you wouldn't consider that, since the left has put a blanket over your head.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Spain was Holland France and England's direct rival...and usual enemy...in the New World. Spain had a century before the rest got into the colony business heavily...along with their Portuguese cohorts...looting, converting and exterminating the native populations as best they could.

And Holland used to be part of Spain, as was Portugal for a much briefer period of time. History is fun.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

And Holland used to be part of Spain, as was Portugal for a much briefer period of time. History is fun.

Yes...Holland has been a client and a fief of many larger kingdoms over the centuries. During the 1600s, they got a chance to flex their muscles in the New World via trade and privateering...becoming quite the thorn in Spain's side. All those vacation hot spots with Dutch names in the Caribbean are old pirate havens.  

41 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's not about Trump the man, his virtue means nothing if the US pays them accordingly. It's more about they oppose the US exceptionalism he represents.

Of course you wouldn't consider that, since the left has put a blanket over your head.

Some folks think it would be 'fun' if some nation other than the USA was the exceptional dominant power on the planet. You know...fair play and all.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Odd you would say that because it's precisely what I was considering. Am I supposed to believe you oppose that exceptionalism too?

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Last I checked, Spain is not a race, Mexico is not a race, Illegal Immigrants are not a race. Claims of Trump being "racist" for wanting to build a border wall to reduce illegal immigration are just ridiculous on the face of it.

Now you Trump cultists want to play semantics and say making slurs agaist Latinos is not about race? Really?  I for one never used the word race I said he singled out and he most certainly slurred all Latinos. You want to deflect and pretend he did not by arguing Latinos are not a race? That was never the issue. The issue was his using slurs against an entire people he identified. He's an ignorant pig. Whether that is racism, sexism, agism, culturalism, xenophobia who the phack cares its ignorance. Its divisive ignorance meant to scapegoat and rally his alleged supporters by giving them a common reason to hate. That was and remains the issue.

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Build the wall is an anti-illegal immigration chant. Trump didn't call all Latino's rapists, he said some were good people, and some were rapists, the same could be said about any group, it's not racist to point out that rapists exist among illegal immigrants, especially when people getting raped by Coyotes is such a big issue when crossing the border illegally, which is obviously what Trump was referring to. If you honestly think that Trump thinks all latino's or even all illegal immigrants are rapists, even the little babies, you have to be absolutely insane.

No I just listen to the context in what he says. I don't live in a fantasy cult world where I take snippets of what he says and ignore the rest.

4 minutes ago, Rue said:

Now you Trump cultists want to play semantics and say making slurs agaist Latinos is not about race? Really?  I for one never used the word race I said he singled out and he most certainly slurred all Latinos. You want to deflect and pretend he did not by arguing Latinos are not a race? That was never the issue. The issue was his using slurs against an entire people he identified. He's an ignorant pig. Whether that is racism, sexism, agism, culturalism, xenophobia who the phack cares its ignorance. Its divisive ignorance meant to scapegoat and rally his alleged supporters by giving them a common reason to hate. That was and remains the issue.

He did not slur all latinos, he slurred illegal immigrants who happen to be rapists and drug dealers, some of whom happen to be latino. You may not be able to tell the difference, but I can.

Edited by Yzermandius19

16 hours ago, Argus said:

And you know this because your god told you.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill-clinton-fined-and-disbarred-over-the-monica-lewinsky-scandal/

Lying under oath, according to Snopes, from before the Lewinski case even happened.

He was also facing criminal charges for lying under oath in the Lewinski case, but he did a plea bargain and agreed to a 5-year suspension from practicing law. 

Clinton also tampered with a witness in the Lewinsky case. Whether you like it or not, that's a felony. His ability to weasel out of criminal charges for something that he is known to have done doesn't make him less of a felon. If you kill someone you're a murderer, whether you got found guilty of it in a court of law or not.

Yeah? Funny how every American intelligence agency says the Russians interfered in the election to help Trump 

Srry to burst your bubble Argus, but as usual, I've got facts and you've just got your CNN talking points: https://www.vox.com/2018/5/10/17339864/congress-russia-advertisements-facebook-donald-trump-president

So 1) Like I correctly stated before, Russians made Americans into their useful idiots by placing attack ads against both sides in the election to sow discord, and

2) try as they may, and they even went so far as to try entrapment by setting his son up in the infamous meeting, the FBI couldn't find a single piece of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, but they did see instances of Russians offering to interfere which were not accepted.

because they know what a demented moron he was and knew he'd be their bitch.

Oh, but your god told you that's not true.

For starters, I'm an atheist, so god isn't telling me anything.

FYI, Trump has been far tougher against Russia than Obama was, so if anyone was Russia's bitch it was Obama. 200 Russian soldiers are dead, and Syria was bombed twice because Trump is President.  Now ya know.

Trump IS astonishingly ignorant, yes, and lately he's had trouble even talking.

But he still has the power to fire the head of intelligence, and then his deputy, and replace them with loyalists who know nothing about intelligence, and who will ignore the law about informing congress about what's going on if it embarrasses the demented orange toddler.

Blah, blah, blah.

Trump's on camera talking for hours a day, so I'm looking fwd to seeing your videos of his Bidenesque stammering Argus. Here's where you fail again, as usual.

Trump does have the power to fire people, and nothing that he has ever done is remotely close to Biden withholding US aid in the form of loan guarantees to get a foreign prosecutor fired and then replacing him with a "prosecutor" who left the Biden family's cash cow alone.

Edited by WestCanMan

22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

He did not slur all latinos, he slurred illegal immigrants who happen to be rapists and drug dealers, some of whom happen to be latino. You may not be able to tell the difference, but I can.

Bull.

Here is one of his gems:

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best.  They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us.  They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime.  They’re rapists.  And some, I assume, are good people."

Oh let's just pull the last sentence and ignore the rest of the context hmm?

How about this gem:

"The Oscars were a great night for Mexico & why not — they are ripping off the US more than almost any other nation."

Then:

"And if you look at black and African American youth, to a point where they’ve never done more poorly.  There’s no spirit."

and:

"Our great African American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"

and:

"I’ve read hundreds of books about China over the decades. I know the Chinese. I’ve made a lot of money with the Chinese. I understand the Chinese mind.”

and:

“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," ... "These aren't people. These are animals."

The litany of hate mongering crap that he spreads on twitter and to the media is public domain. Yah its fun fun.

Trump engages in the deliberate technique of engaging in inflammatory language he knows will inflame the media but at the same time cause it to focus on him. In this manner he feels he  controls the media to showcase  his message to his followers.  He also feeds his need to constantly make everything about him.

His message of exclusion and polarization is specifically designed to keep himself pleased by putting down others to show how great he is and you go along like a fish on a hook. Its a fun chant. Yah so was Zieg Heil to a lot of people.

Edited by Rue

9 minutes ago, Rue said:

...His message of exclusion and polarization is specifically designed to keep himself pleased by putting down others to show how great he is and you go along like a fish on a hook. Its a fun chant. Yah so was Zieg Heil to a lot of people.

Must be working, because many Black and Hispanic voters supported Trump, and still do.   They don't want illegals flooding the country either, lowering wages and siphoning off government services.

53 minutes ago, Rue said:

What is wrong with wanting immigration to be done legally?

Supporting the unvetted movement of millions looking for free handouts is certainly not the way to residents of a country feel safe. Or are we returning to the days of colonialism where the Spanish get free reign to be the dominant culture in the Americas? La Raza anyone?

What would you like to see?

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Spain learned to act like that the hard way. Muslims did that in Spain for about 400 years starting in 700 ad. They weren't actually out until Columbus's time, the very late 1400s.

19 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Isn't Latino considered a derogatory term? It's nowhere near as bad as the n-word but I thought the correct term is Hispanic. 

No...the two terms actually mean different things.   Female Latinos are linguistically...Latinas.

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/08/27/434584260/hispanic-or-latino-a-guide-for-the-u-s-presidential-campaign

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, Rue said:

That's total bullshit Rue..

The worst thing that he said was "They're not sending their best people across the border. They're sending their drug dealers, their rapists and human traffickers..." etc across the border.

That doesn't translate into "All latinos are criminals" at all. It's just a sound byte that leaves itself wide open to liberal spin-doctoring, and by now I'm sure that you're well aware that a lot of people are completely susceptible to jumping on a bandwagon to hate on other people.

Do you think that a lot of Mexican doctors or lawyers and their families are crossing the Rio Grande Rue? I certainly don't. 

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Bull.

Here is one of his gems:

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best.  They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us.  They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime.  They’re rapists.  And some, I assume, are good people."

Oh let's just pull the last sentence and ignore the rest of the context hmm?

How about this gem:

*** cut to comply with post spam rules***

Trump engages in the deliberate technique of engaging in inflammatory language he knows will inflame the media but at the same time cause it to focus on him. In this manner he feels he  controls the media to showcase  his message to his followers.  He also feeds his need to constantly make everything about him.

His message of exclusion and polarization is specifically designed to keep himself pleased by putting down others to show how great he is and you go along like a fish on a hook. Its a fun chant. Yah so was Zieg Heil to a lot of people.

Rue you clearly don't even understand what these things mean. For instance:

"Our great African American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"

is 100% correct, no matter how hard you try to look at it from any other point of view.

Obama actually fiddled while Balti-rome burned. He didn't lift a finger for 3 years. He actually just hated on cops and had BLM leaders to the WH. 

“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," ... "These aren't people. These are animals."

You're intentionally framing someone as evil by offering up this revisionist history lesson. That's right out of the Nazi playbook Rue. How does it feel to be Nazi-ish? Now you know how easy it is to get sucked into the bandwagon of hate.

FYI (as if you didn't know) the people he's referring to are MS-13 gang members, and that's abundantly clear if you look at the whole quote in context.

MS-13 gang members actually ARE worse than animals (would you care to dispute that fact?), and the vast majority of their crimes are actually committed against their own latino community. When ICE takes 100 MS-13 out of the country he's stopping 3 violent crimes against white people and 750 violent crimes against latinos. How racist is that?

Edited by WestCanMan