America under President Trump

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not to mention the US National Debt is more than just crazy ass government spending. Credit card debt to the latest attack submarines....it's EVERYTHING.

Right..."austerity" failed in Europe and it sure as hell would fail in the USA.

National economies are funded by massive amounts of DEBT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Right..."austerity" failed in Europe and it sure as hell would fail in the USA.

National economies are funded by massive amounts of DEBT.

It takes a LOT of bottle returns to build an Atlas rocket, hippies...lol.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Wrong...the U.S. would still have deficits without tax cuts.   Budgets are not balanced.

Deficits are caused by SPENDING.

Both yes and no. The tax cuts most certainly triggered added spending to kick start the economy to underdo the failures of tax cuts as was stated by Bush. There would be a deficit without tax cuts but there is a larger deficit because of them. Both causal connections have been agreed upon by economists on either side of the debate on tax cuts.

Budgets could be balanced by the way. There is no reason they can't be. Politicians do not choose to balance budgets because its a fiction. The timing of collecting revenue and generating deficits from expenses are never at the same time so the best one can do is balance during a targeted period of time and even that is a guess because you come in over or under. However balanced budgets are a goal to reach and have been reached by many governments.

I wonder is "We are going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it" going to be a similar haunting sentence as was the sentence:" Read my lips: No new taxes" many years ago but that sentence destroyed a certain President. 

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Clinton was an actual criminal, guilty of actual felonies while in office,

And you know this because your god told you.

Russia, according to US intelligence, sent out ads against both political parties to sow discord. You and the Dems went for it hook, line and sinker.

Yeah? Funny how every American intelligence agency says the Russians interfered in the election to help Trump - because they know what a demented moron he was and knew he'd be their bitch.

Oh, but your god told you that's not true.

The dementia comment is simply proof of astonishing ignorance.

Trump IS astonishingly ignorant, yes, and lately he's had trouble even talking.

But he still has the power to fire the head of intelligence, and then his deputy, and replace them with loyalists who know nothing about intelligence, and who will ignore the law about informing congress about what's going on if it embarrasses the demented orange toddler.

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure...tax cuts...trade war...deregulation...leaving TPP...repatriation...etc.

The tax cuts are fueled entirely by borrowing, and as I said, most of it has gone into stock buybacks which mostly benefit the wealthy. The trade war has actually been an impediment to the economy. Leaving the TPP, which you were never in in the first place, and which was designed to counter Chinese influence?

Care to try again?

54 minutes ago, Argus said:

Funny how every American intelligence agency says the Russians interfered in the election to help Trump - because they know what a demented moron he was and knew he'd be their bitch.

Surely the fact that even multiple intelligence agencies are unable make it obvious shows how intelligenter Trumpsters are  The critical thinking skills involved here are practically quantum computing level.

I'd suggest Fox News therapy although I'm afraid it just hasn't worked on me and I'm blaming my Ontario Liberal upbringing. They made me go to free school Argus, when I was only 11.  Maybe you'll have more success. Good luck.

Image result for Clockwork Orange 

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, -TSS- said:

I wonder is "We are going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it" going to be a similar haunting sentence as was the sentence:" Read my lips: No new taxes" many years ago but that sentence destroyed a certain President. 

No. The wall is being built, and Mexico paying for it was never important, it was just a fun chant at a rally.

11 hours ago, Argus said:

The tax cuts are fueled entirely by borrowing, and as I said, most of it has gone into stock buybacks which mostly benefit the wealthy. The trade war has actually been an impediment to the economy. Leaving the TPP, which you were never in in the first place, and which was designed to counter Chinese influence?

Care to try again?

Don't have to...the results speak for themselves.   Try to separate your hatred for Trump from the facts on the ground...and economic performance.

U.S. presidents earn scorn or praise depending on results, regardless of their ability to influence the economy.   If the U.S. economy had gone south, you would surely be heaping blame on Trump and his policies.

A majority of voters are open to reelecting President Trump in 2020, up from a year ago, according to a new Hill/HarrisX poll.

The Feb. 14-15 survey found 62 percent of registered voters said they are open to voting for Trump in 2020 while 38 percent said they would never vote for the incumbent. By comparison, when this survey was taken a year ago in March 2019, 54 percent of voters were open to reelecting Trump while 46 percent said they would never vote for the President.

The state of the economy proved to be the main reason voters would re-elect Trump.

The primary reason for that turnaround is public perception of the state of the economy

On 2/20/2020 at 7:30 PM, Argus said:

Trump has never had any interest in anyone's well being or difficulties or misery or poverty or sickness or damage, or of societal problems.

Trump / US admin is holding China accountable for fentanyl distribution, among other terrible noxious chemicals they produce without controls. One of the US conditions for a new trade deal requires that China restrict fentanyl distribution from their end. From what I understand this is a purely US initiative, no other countries in particular the EU are taking a similar focused position against China.

You dislike Donald Trump, yes it's clear. So do I. But I like this.  ^^^

And I like any leader with the balls to stand up and call them out, where we have been complaining about CHina's unfair marketing and poor conditions for years. I haven't seen anyone else willing to take that stand. Even though I don't like Donald Trump, I hope he gets to keeps doing what he's doing as president.

Edited by OftenWrong

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Trump / US admin is holding China accountable for fentanyl distribution, among other terrible noxious chemicals they produce without controls. One of the US conditions for a new trade deal requires that China restrict fentanyl distribution from their end. From what I understand this is a purely US initiative, no other countries in particular the EU are taking a similar focused position against China.

And there's no evidence the Chinese are doing any such thing. Did you know that 80% of US medicine currently comes from China? Even medicine made in plants in places like Canada and India often use ingredients which come from China. There's so much floating across the ocean from China there's no way the US is going to be able to monitor any of it anyway to see what is or isn't legal.

And I like any leader with the balls to stand up and call them out, where we have been complaining about CHina's unfair marketing and poor conditions for years. I haven't seen anyone else willing to take that stand, and I like that as well. Even though I don't like Donald Trump, I hope he gets to keeps doing what he's doing as president.

I like that he has challenged China, too. Unfortunately, he's pretty much an ignorant buffoon with no idea how to influence China. The way he's gone about it has mostly just served to make them put their feet in the sand and refuse to move. His tariffs haven't done a thing as Chinese exports to the US have actually risen under Trump. They are playing him like the fool he is. There are ways to challenge China and get them to back off, but screaming in their face is not one of them.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Don't have to...the results speak for themselves.  

You mean you can't.

Try to separate your hatred for Trump from the facts on the ground...and economic performance.

Economic performance has very little to do with the administration in power, aside from specific policy initiatives undertaken. And he hasn't done anything.

U.S. presidents earn scorn or praise depending on results, regardless of their ability to influence the economy.   If the U.S. economy had gone south, you would surely be heaping blame on Trump and his policies.

Yes, I realize that's the way it works. But there is actually very little government can do to improve an economy. They can wreck it a lot easier, of course, as Trudeau is now demonstrating.

And I realize Trump will likely get re-elected. I've said for a long time now that the Democrats could easily beat Trump if they simply came up with a solid, moderate candidate. Instead they're engaged in a progressive purity test and will likely field a candidate so far to the Left swing voters will rush to the polls to support Trump. But that's not due to Trump so much as the appalling stupidity of progressives.

Edited by Argus

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

You mean you can't.

Economic performance has very little to do with the administration in power, aside from specific policy initiatives undertaken. And he hasn't done anything.

I already have...you just refuse to accept the metrics because it's Trump.    American voters believe in Trump for the economy, and don't really care what you think about it either way.   Even some Democrats give Trump credit for real and perceived leadership on the economy, and that includes tax cuts.

Yes, I realize that's the way it works. But there is actually very little government can do to improve an economy. They can wreck it a lot easier, of course, as Trudeau is now demonstrating.

Trudeau is your problem, not mine.   But I am glad you brought that up, because you spend more time on Trump and the economy than on your own prime minister.  And that's because Trump matters more....even for Canada's economy.    NAFTA 2.0 happened because of Trump, not Trudeau.

And I realize Trump will likely get re-elected. I've said for a long time now that the Democrats could easily beat Trump if they simply came up with a solid, moderate candidate. Instead they're engaged in a progressive purity test and will likely field a candidate so far to the Left swing voters will rush to the polls to support Trump. But that's not due to Trump so much as the appalling stupidity of progressives.

That's what they tried in 2016....but lost to one Donald J. Trump.    He is now much more difficult to defeat with a robust economy.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

And there's no evidence the Chinese are doing any such thing. Did you know that 80% of US medicine currently comes from China?

Doesn't matter, you can't move the goal posts on that one. Whether this accomplishes anything is yet to be seen, but it shows Donald Trump is the kind of person to call the Chinese out where it matters to other people. Probably would help if other world leaders would get on board with this, but they are too weak and afraid of retribution. They don't have the financial backing to challenge China. Exactly what the Chinese want to happen, of course and we knew this was coming.

Economically the game is far from over. This is a long game, with many more plays yet to make. I heard that China's economy is growing so fast that it surpassed another milestone recently, just a few years ago and no doubt this plays into US policy toward China, whether by Trump or not. But Trump is the choice of person to hold that position. The outward face is an obstinate SOB.

Corona virus is the next step in the game. The whole point is to taint Chinese goods as contaminated, toxic, diseased. Even the bubble-wrap from China contains Chinese air, and might have the virus. That's right, don't pop the bubble wrap, you are releasing air from China into the room.

I read that Amazon sales were going down. Not sure if they still are. Many reports of open racism against Chinese in public, especially if they are wearing a face mask as some tend to do.

13 hours ago, Argus said:

And you know this because your god told you.

Yeah? Funny how every American intelligence agency says the Russians interfered in the election to help Trump - because they know what a demented moron he was and knew he'd be their bitch.

Oh, but your god told you that's not true.

Trump IS astonishingly ignorant, yes, and lately he's had trouble even talking.

But he still has the power to fire the head of intelligence, and then his deputy, and replace them with loyalists who know nothing about intelligence, and who will ignore the law about informing congress about what's going on if it embarrasses the demented orange toddler.

If Trump was Russia.s so-called bitch, he wouldn’t be expanding America’s energy production, especially related to oil and natural gas.  That’s in direct competition with what Russia produces, and has cost Russia billions every year.  The Russian economy is a glorified gas station, in which the United States has diminished now that it’s a net exporter of oil and natural gas.

42 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Probably would help if other world leaders would get on board with this, but they are too weak and afraid of retribution. They don't have the financial backing to challenge China. Exactly what the Chinese want to happen, of course and we knew this was coming.

Most are probably as nervous about cozying up to Trump as they are challenging China.

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No. The wall is being built, and Mexico paying for it was never important, it was just a fun chant at a rally.

Its a fun chant.  Chanting out hate jingos slurring all Latinos simply because people are Latino is not fun. Its vile. The words did not differentiate it lumped all Latinos as rapist scum. His words are not fun. This idiot is supposed to be a world leader. Such words incite hate attacks. This idiot the other day at a rally starts babbling about the Oscar movie Parasite simply because it won best picture and it was NOT an American movie. That's not fun-its ignorance-its a man playing to ignorance of his audience-he is divisive, he is using divisive messages about anyone who does not fit his code of what an "American" is and that is no different than what Hitler did to unify his audience. NO DIFFERENCE and the consequences of dividing people by trying to unify your own supporters by hating others is bullshit.

Edited by Rue

6 minutes ago, Rue said:

Zeig Heil. Its a fun chant. You see no parallel I do. Call me paranoid but chanting out hate jingos simply because people are Latino is not fun. Its pathetic.

I see no parallel because I'm not wearing Godwin's colored glasses. Build That Wall is not an anti-latino chant, it's an anti-illegal immigration chant, not that a racist like yourself can tell the difference, as you seem to assume all illegal immigrants are latino or that walls are only a barrier to people of a certain race. I don't know how else someone could be lead to believe that building a border wall is racist, unless they are projecting their own racism on the concept.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

I see no parallel because I'm not wearing Godwin's colored glasses. Build That Wall is not an anti-latino chant, it's an anti-illegal immigration chant, not that a racist like yourself can tell the difference, as you seem to assume all illegal immigrants are latino.

You see no parallel because you feel you are not the object of the hatred. The build the wall chant was in direct association and continuation of anti Latino chants. It was not an anti-illegal chant. The words from Trump singled out ALL Latinos as rapist scrum. I do not assume all illegal immigrants are anything. I do not assume illegal or legal immigrants are anything but human. Their legal status does not define their being human. Don't confuse me with you or Trump supporters who don't have the balls to admit what you ridicule.

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

You see no parallel because you feel you are not the object of the hatred. The build the wall chant was in direct association and continuation of anti Latino chants. It was not an anti-illegal chant. The words from Trump singled out ALL Latinos as rapist scrum. I do not assume all illegal immigrants are anything. I do not assume illegal or legal immigrants are anything but human. Their legal status does not define their being human. Don't confuse me with you or Trump supporters who don't have the balls to admit what you ridicule.

Build the wall is an anti-illegal immigration chant. Trump didn't call all Latino's rapists, he said some were good people, and some were rapists, the same could be said about any group, it's not racist to point out that rapists exist among illegal immigrants, especially when people getting raped by Coyotes is such a big issue when crossing the border illegally, which is obviously what Trump was referring to. If you honestly think that Trump thinks all latino's or even all illegal immigrants are rapists, even the little babies, you have to be absolutely insane.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Build the wall is an anti-illegal immigration chant. Trump didn't call all Latino's rapists, he said some were good people, and some were rapists, the same could be said about any group, it's not racist. 

I'm just amazed folks think Spain and its various historical colonies are some sort of different race of people.

Spain is just as European as any other European country.

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm just amazed folks think Spain and its various historical colonies are some sort of different race of people.

Spain is just as European as any other European country.

Last I checked, Spain is not a race, Mexico is not a race, Illegal Immigrants are not a race. Claims of Trump being "racist" for wanting to build a border wall to reduce illegal immigration are just ridiculous on the face of it.

Edited by Yzermandius19