America under President Trump

31 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump's communications style has served him well

Only a trump supporter braggs about an obvious idiot getting through to the masses, probably why you rank lower in education than most of the free world.

Maybe he is a good representation of the intelligence level of the average American. Silly me i gave y'all more credit than that

Edited by SkyHigh

2 hours ago, Shady said:

It could be.  Or it could just be how he speaks in public.  Sometimes people speak a lot differently in front of a crowd than they do in person.

Weird that he used to be coherent when he spoke in public. Now he can't even read a teleprompter.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 3:00 AM, BubberMiley said:

Don't be butthurt because they left in droves as soon as he started speaking. Just don't try to brag about his popularity where it doesn't exist. No need to be so insecure.  And try not to call people names when you get embarrassed because you support that clown. :lol:

Who knows as to why those people were leaving. Do you know why?

Millions lined the streets to watch Trump's cavalcade go by on Trump's way to the cricket game. Face it, man, your dear leader globalist Trudeau is lucky if he could draw a crowd of a hundred. Steeping in a pile of crap would be better than having to listen to that guy babble on. Your dear leader is a joke and in no way can he be compared to Trump. The thousands of Indian people were quite happy listening and cheering Trump on. Trump is the elephant in the room, and Trudeau is the mouse in the corner. :lol:

3 hours ago, SkyHigh said:

Only a trump supporter braggs about an obvious idiot getting through to the masses, probably why you rank lower in education than most of the free world.

Maybe he is a good representation of the intelligence level of the average American. Silly me i gave y'all more credit than that

Thank you - this is exactly why Donald Trump won the election in 2016.  

The leader of the "free world" sure as hell isn't "intelligent" Justin Trudeau.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Thank you - this is exactly why Donald Trump won the election in 2016.  

Your welcome? Still beyond me how you wear stupidity as a badge of honor, but to each their own i guess

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The leader of the "free world" sure as hell isn't "intelligent" Justin Trudeau

That everytime you need to deflect by bringing up people, or issues, which have nothing to do with Trumps inability to express himself above a 6th grade level, just shows you know he's an idiot but can't or won't admit it, as that would burst the hyper partisan bubble you've based your entire world view around.

You don't need to support everyone with an R beside their name to keep your conservative strips, and in fact by praising trump you just show you don't actually believe in conservative principles, but are simply a partisan hack

1 minute ago, SkyHigh said:

Your welcome? Still beyond me how you wear stupidity as a badge of honor, but to each their own i guess

Correct....it is way beyond you...and that's OK.

That everytime you need to deflect by bringing up people, or issues, which have nothing to do with Trumps inability to express himself above a 6th grade level, just shows you know he's an idiot but can't or won't admit it, as that would burst the hyper partisan bubble you've based your entire world view around.

Canada's state broadcaster is covering a Trump news conference right now...LIVE !

Just Trump expressing himself and Canada paying attention....don't know why.   

You don't need to support everyone with an R beside their name to keep your conservative strips, and in fact by praising trump you just show you don't actually believe in conservative principles, but are simply a partisan hack

Maybe that's because I am not a Republican.   What business is it of yours anyway ?   Why does  it matter so much to you living the "good life" in Canada ?

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Correct....it is way beyond you...and that's OK

The curse of intelligence I guess, good thing you're not infilcted

Canada's state broadcaster is covering a Trump news conference right now...LIVE !

Just Trump expressing himself and Canada paying attention....don't know why.

Oh my god!!!! Canada covering a news conference by the leader of our biggest trading partner, almost unbelievable. Still does nothing to address how well he will present any message he gives or if its even coherent. 

Maybe that's because I am not a Republican

Hmmm? Named bush_cheney, supports trump, never makes an argument not in support of right wing ideals, my mistake you don't sound like a Republican at all.

Im sure you voted Obama in 08 and 12 and Clinton in 16, or wait was it jill Stein? Come on now, you're not trying to claim you're not partisan are you?

Edited by SkyHigh

Trump is CBC's bread & butter these days. They LOVE Trump...well...hate him...but LOVE the clicks and comments.

CBC comment sections on Trump articles routinely get thousands of anti-Trump posts. Most of them right off their rockers with TDS.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SkyHigh said:

The curse of intelligence I guess, good thing you're not infilcted

I don't know what "infilcted" means...perhaps you meant "inflicted"...just guessing...not questioning your intelligence.

Oh my god!!!! Canada covering a news conference by the leader of our biggest trading partner, almost unbelievable. Still does nothing to address how well he will present any message he gives or if its even coherent.

So Canada must cover "stupid" Trump because it is so dependent on the U.S. economy ?   Let me check...nope...U.S. media does not cover Trudeau news conferences...LIVE !

Hmmm? Named bush_cheney, supports trump, never makes an argument not in support of right wing ideals, my mistake you don't sound like a Republican at all.

Im sure you voted Obama in 08 and 12 and Clinton in 16, or wait was it jill Stein? Come on now, you're not trying to claim you're not partisan are you?

I am very partisan, especially against foreign hacks who think Americans of any stripe should follow their misguided ideology.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

What special skills or expertise does Pence bring to his new role leading the fight against COVID-19? Let’s hope he’ll be better prepared for a grilling than Chad Wolf was here:

VP Pence was governor of Indiana when patient 0 was confirmed for the MERS virus in 2014, leading successful efforts in his state.

https://www.astho.org/Infectious-Disease/Indiana-MERS-CoV-Case/

25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

VP Pence was governor of Indiana when patient 0 was confirmed for the MERS virus in 2014, leading successful efforts in his state.

https://www.astho.org/Infectious-Disease/Indiana-MERS-CoV-Case/

Why not appoint somebody who is able to devote 100% of their time to this and who has expertise in the area? There must be a lot of people who fit this basic description. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

10 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Why not appoint somebody who is able to devote 100% of their time to this and who has expertise in the area? There must be a lot of people who fit this basic description. 

Oh sure...lots of people just waiting around to do that.

What makes you think VP Pence cannot devote 100% of his time ?   He does have government expertise (MERS).

On 2/22/2020 at 4:48 PM, Shady said:

He could’ve done what Obama had done.  Restrict certain areas from exploration and extraction.  He could have significant environmental regulations and taxes.  Obama finally lifted the crude oil export ban in 2015.  It was illegal to export oil in almost the entirety of Obama’s presidency, despite the massive surge in production.

You realize Trump knows nothing whatsoever about American oil policy, right? Trump does not attend meetings, except for a few short, mostly public ones.
 He largely ignores briefings, does not read reports, and from the White House's own schedules he does virtually no work. He gets up late, spends most of his time eating and watching TV, has an occasional meeting with someone, then goes back to watching TV and goes to bed early. Mike Pence runs the administration, not Trump.

On 2/22/2020 at 4:48 PM, Shady said:

Regardless, if Trump was Putin’s bitch, he never would’ve killed the top Iranian general a few months ago.  He also would’ve never increased sanctions on Iran.  He would’ve never enforced consequences of using chemical weapons by Assad in Syria.  Yes, the only thing that people seem to use as an example of a Trump being Putin’s bitch, is that he doesn’t publicly criticize him very much.  Which is more symbolism than substance.  When you get to the substance, it’s actually quite different.

He has never criticized or disagreed with Putin publicly on any issue. And none of the stuff you've spoken of was of any real importance to Putin. Putin enjoys having a brainless loose cannon in charge of the US. It gives him a free hand in a lot of places, like Syria, and allows him to woo America's traditional allies.

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

What makes you think VP Pence cannot devote 100% of his time ? 

Well, he's currently a little busy running the United States government.

Edited by Argus

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1% of Pence's time is still worth more than 100% of Trudeau's time.

Trump's schedule for today is... He has an intelligence briefing at 2:30 (I hear they need to use bright colors and pictures to keep his mind from wandering), and an African American History month reception at 6:00.

Busy busy!

Edited by Argus

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.   Just got back from India...no costumes to worry about.

Wandered around India looking at pretty things. The Indians clearly know how to play him, which is why they arranged a big crowd to ostensibly listen to him speak. They know that obvious flattery and cheering crowds will make him love them.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Wandered around India looking at pretty things. The Indians clearly know how to play him, which is why they arranged a big crowd to ostensibly listen to him speak. They know that obvious flattery and cheering crowds will make him love them.

Of course...India knows that Trump matters a lot more than Trudeau.

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

What makes you think VP Pence cannot devote 100% of his time ?   He does have government expertise (MERS).

What about his response to an HIV outbreak in his state?

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-pences-pray-it-plan-combat-indiana-hiv-outbreak-resurfaces-after-trump-taps-vp-lead-1489344

Trump is already trying to play this pandemic down and has made multiple erroneous statements about it. For maximum credibility, the person in charge should be at arm’s length from the president's re-election campaign. 

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

What about his response to an HIV outbreak in his state?

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-pences-pray-it-plan-combat-indiana-hiv-outbreak-resurfaces-after-trump-taps-vp-lead-1489344

Trump is already trying to play this pandemic down and has made multiple erroneous statements about it. For maximum credibility, the person in charge should be at arm’s length from the president's re-election campaign. 

HIV is not easily transmitted, and pharma therapies already exist.    There is no panic over HIV these days...just chronic infection rates.

Trump should discourage any general panic, and he is certainly not responsible for causing COVID-19.