America under President Trump

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Trump engages in the deliberate technique of engaging in inflammatory language he knows will inflame the media but at the same time cause it to focus on him.

Thy irony boileth over.

Trump says things that are true, but aren't boiled, distilled, packed & unpacked, flattened, homogenized, dehumidified, laser-corrected and thrice-polished for political correctness. 

You know what he actually means when he says those things, you just choose to interpret things in a way which supports your self-fulfilling prophecy. IE, you're the one who's choosing to engage in defamation, not Trump.

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I already have...you just refuse to accept the metrics because it's Trump.    American voters believe in Trump for the economy,

Parottng the same answer doesn't make it any more logical. Trump has nothing to do with the economy.

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trudeau is your problem, not mine.   But I am glad you brought that up, because you spend more time on Trump and the economy than on your own prime minister.

I actually spend a minuscule amount of time on Trump compared to Canadian issues. You just feel the need, as always, to get some sort of misplaced sense of accomplishment over bragging about things over which you, like Trump have made roughly zero contribution.

Just now, Argus said:

Parottng the same answer doesn't make it any more logical. Trump has nothing to do with the economy.

I actually spend a minuscule amount of time on Trump compared to Canadian issues. You just feel the need, as always, to get some sort of misplaced sense of accomplishment over bragging about things over which you, like Trump have made roughly zero contribution.

Again, what you believe about Trump is irrelevant now and for the coming election.   Equity markets and corporations are banking on Trump.

Many American voters believe that Trump has a lot to do with the economy, and that's what matters.   They are the ones who vote.

5 hours ago, Shady said:

Tax reform, but most importantly regulatory reform, and an expansion of the energy industry.

The Republicans in Congress cobbled together tax reform, and Trump's sole contribution to it was to make sure there was a special deal inserted for real estate development companies so he could get an extra profit out of it - along with the profit his kids will have over eliminating the inheritance tax on multi-million dollar estates. I'm struggling to figure out how Trump has contributing anything whatever to the expansion of the energy industry other than letting them do pretty much anything they want, and screw the environment and small landowners.

5 hours ago, Shady said:

If Trump was Russia.s so-called bitch, he wouldn’t be expanding America’s energy production, especially related to oil and natural gas.  That’s in direct competition with what Russia produces, and has cost Russia billions every year.  The Russian economy is a glorified gas station, in which the United States has diminished now that it’s a net exporter of oil and natural gas.

What exactly do you think Trump could possibly do to stand in the way of US energy production?

Trump is Putin's bitch, but he's also completely beholden  to what his base likes. Which is why he backs down so fast whenever he proposes something and the base turns out not to like it.

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

What exactly do you think Trump could possibly do to stand in the way of US energy production?

Trump is Putin's bitch, but he's also completely beholden  to what his base likes. Which is why he backs down so fast whenever he proposes something and the base turns out not to like it.

He could’ve done what Obama had done.  Restrict certain areas from exploration and extraction.  He could have significant environmental regulations and taxes.  Obama finally lifted the crude oil export ban in 2015.  It was illegal to export oil in almost the entirety of Obama’s presidency, despite the massive surge in production.

Regardless, if Trump was Putin’s bitch, he never would’ve killed the top Iranian general a few months ago.  He also would’ve never increased sanctions on Iran.  He would’ve never enforced consequences of using chemical weapons by Assad in Syria.  Yes, the only thing that people seem to use as an example of a Trump being Putin’s bitch, is that he doesn’t publicly criticize him very much.  Which is more symbolism than substance.  When you get to the substance, it’s actually quite different.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

The Republicans in Congress cobbled together tax reform, and Trump's sole contribution to it was to make sure there was a special deal inserted for real estate development companies so he could get an extra profit out of it - along with the profit his kids will have over eliminating the inheritance tax on multi-million dollar estates. I'm struggling to figure out how Trump has contributing anything whatever to the expansion of the energy industry other than letting them do pretty much anything they want, and screw the environment and small landowners.

That could be true, I have no idea about any real estate provision in the tax reform. Regardless, the regulatory reform was the most important part it.

On 2/18/2020 at 7:34 AM, Iceni warrior said:

Nah, it's just a convenient way of ignoring criticism.

Why defend Trump when you can just accuse his detractors of having a mental illness?

It's nothing but a lazy cliche with no real meaning.

The only ones that need defending and need real help are the democrats who really do appear to have TDS mental issues. They still cannot get over the fact that Trump won the presidency. Three years of wasting time and taxpayer's tax dollars and frivolous impeachment go nowhere trials bull chit, and Trump is still the president. And now they are back again. They are again trying to get something going against Trump by their now crying of Russia-Russia-Russia. These democrats are insane. There can be no doubt about it. The White House is starting to gain it's sanity back again. But if those dumbocrats ever take back the White House, the insane will drive America and all Americans into the crazy house. They will be coming for you and you and you. The dumbocrats must never be allowed to control the White House ever again. Hopefully in the next upcoming election in Canada, the lieberals will be wiped out in Canada also.

Works for me. ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boges said:

Please cite that they were all there to see him. 

There can be no doubt about it that they were all also there to see Trump because it would probably be a once in a life time deal to get to see a real and true political leader for a change at the game. And I will bet that Trump got a standing ovation. People all over the world will flock to any event where Trump is attending. Contrast that to our dear leaders Trudeau or even Scheer. Those fans would no doubt not be there to see those two. They would be there because of the game. They would probably not have even be invited to the game. Who wants to see a couple of losers like those two anyway?

There is a big difference between the American President and our prime mistake of Canada. One is liked and well respected all over the world, while the other one is only seen as a non respected sucker who will no doubt give them more of our tax dollars and to be able to take advantage of.  Trudeau has said that he has more respect for China. WTH? When a Canadian leader talks that way, it is not hard to see as to where and who the kid  would prefer to deal with and spend time with. 

BTW, has Trudeau ever been invited to China yet? If he were he would probably only get to see the second communist leader in command. When Trump went to China several years ago, Trump got the royal treatment. The Chinese communist know as to who to respect, and who to ignore. Well at least and lucky for Trudeau that the third world still loves him. They know that they can get plenty of free taxpayer's tax dollars from we the Canadian people(suckers). Aw well, what more can be said about this guy.  :wacko:

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Hilarious. Now watch them leave in droves when he starts speaking. Try to spin that! :lol:

Classic Trump Derangement Syndrome.  As if voters are concerned over Trump’s pronunciation of Indian names.  As if Bernie would be doing any better.  :rolleyes:

Don't be butthurt because they left in droves as soon as he started speaking. Just don't try to brag about his popularity where it doesn't exist. No need to be so insecure.  And try not to call people names when you get embarrassed because you support that clown. :lol:

22 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Donald Trump...winning hearts and minds around the world.

statista-donald-trump-india-approval-rat

The Trump haters refuse to believe that every foreign nation that isn't also a nation they hate could like Trump. The only nations that like Trump that they will concede, are nations that they view to be the bad guys.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Don't be butthurt because they left in droves as soon as he started speaking. Just don't try to brag about his popularity where it doesn't exist. No need to be so insecure.  And try not to call people names when you get embarrassed because you support that clown. :lol:

I couldn't care less about whether Indians wanted to stick around to hear him speak.  Pick your battles better.

13 minutes ago, Shady said:

I couldn't care less about whether Indians wanted to stick around to hear him speak.  Pick your battles better.

If you go back and read, you will find I wasn't talking to you and was responding to a member who cares a great deal about how popular Trump is in India. If you don't care for the topic, you are free to move on without comment. Concede your battles better. :lol:

9 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

If you go back and read, you will find I wasn't talking to you and was responding to a member who cares a great deal about how popular Trump is in India. If you don't care for the topic, you are free to move on without comment. Concede your battles better. :lol:

My apologies for interupting your latest episode of derangement.

38 minutes ago, Shady said:

My apologies for interupting your latest episode of derangement.

I agree it was deranged for someone to desperately try to create the impression that Trump is popular while ignoring the videos of the crowd leaving in droves once he started speaking. It's like reality doesn't matter to you people. :lol:

13 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I agree it was deranged for someone to desperately try to create the impression that Trump is popular while ignoring the videos of the crowd leaving in droves once he started speaking. It's like reality doesn't matter to you people. :lol:

You can use the :lol: emoji as much as you like.  But it doesn’t cover up your derangement. :lol: