America under President Trump

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

One good thing about a US takeover would be that, as US citizens, Greenlanders could then sue the US government for all the toxic waste it has dumped on their island over the decades. 

Greenlanders would not automatically become U.S. citizens if/when Greenland ever became an unincorporated U.S. territory.   It takes an Act of Congress to grant U.S. citizenship in U.S. territories.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If they became. Which they won’t. 

Probably not, but the U.S. has a long history of territorial transactions as a matter of national policies and circumstances regardless of Trump's current musings.

The U.S. currently has sixteen (16) territories.

• Like 1

Greenland has terrible problems with alcoholism, suicides and other social problems but yet not as bad as Nunavut or the problems of the Australian aborigals. 

I think the Greenlanders are best off under the Danish wing until they are ready for independence. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Probably not, but the U.S. has a long history of territorial transactions as a matter of national policies and circumstances regardless of Trump's current musings.

The U.S. currently has sixteen (16) territories.

I want Canada to become a territory of America. Then I can get rid of my peso dollar and get to use real money. Everywhere I go in the world just about every country accepts the American dollar without question. When I asked someone in a restaurant in Europe one time, do you take Canadian money, he looked at me puzzled and was probably wondering is there a joke coming up here or is this guy serious. Even most of the poorest countries in the world will not take Canadian money. Nobody wants our peso dollar. Not even me. LOL! 

I think that what Trump is saying here is that China is getting a very good foothold in many countries around the world and China will be able to then have more influence in those countries than America will. Maybe Greenland is already under some kind of Chinese influence. Hey, you never know, eh, and maybe Trump was not fooling around at all. He was serious. 

21 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Note date.

They're not in jail yet, but the story is getting weirder. Things are getting curiouser and curioser in America under President Trump, you might say.

Today we found out about a strange work of art discovered at Epstein's residence in New York. A portrait of Bill Clinton in a blue dress. One observer mentioned it's very similar to the notorious dress Monica Lewinski wore. Warning, this image is not for sensitive viewers. To spare your tender eyes I've posted it as a link only!

Link

I doubt this one will ever get put up on a wall in the White House.

I did not see any stains on the dress. I guess that it must have been washed before he wore it. I am pretty sure that Hillary didn't wash the dress. Lol! 

What Epstein has on so many bigwigs could help bring down the deep state swampster house to come crashing down. The cover up is on. Who will win? Will it be a Trump win or will it be a deep state win. We should hopefully find out very soon. The evil that went on on that island is something none of us could probably ever fathom. The Clinton's are a very mysterious couple indeed. 

I think that Trump and his wife by now have got rid of everything Clinton in the White House. I am pretty sure that the bed the Clinton's slept on in the White House is not there anymore. Probably burned. :D

On 8/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, taxme said:

I want Canada to become a territory of America. Then I can get rid of my peso dollar and get to use real money. Everywhere I go in the world just about every country accepts the American dollar without question. When I asked someone in a restaurant in Europe one time, do you take Canadian money, he looked at me puzzled and was probably wondering is there a joke coming up here or is this guy serious. Even most of the poorest countries in the world will not take Canadian money. Nobody wants our peso dollar. Not even me. LOL! 

I think that what Trump is saying here is that China is getting a very good foothold in many countries around the world and China will be able to then have more influence in those countries than America will. Maybe Greenland is already under some kind of Chinese influence. Hey, you never know, eh, and maybe Trump was not fooling around at all. He was serious. 

Most sensible people who go to Europe with Euros. I'm sure they'd accept your Canadian Credit card. . . if you have one. 

I'm sure no one in the US or Canada are going to accept Pounds or Euros either. 

Oh and Trump is never serious. China wants to create influence in 3rd world nations that require infrastructure. How does Greenland play into that? It has 56,000 people. It's like saying Trump wants to buy Baffin Island. SQUIRREL!!!!

Edited by Boges

On 8/17/2019 at 12:42 PM, taxme said:

I am not joking. US can follow China's "one belt one road model and fleece Greenland.

5 hours ago, Boges said:

Most sensible people who go to Europe with Euros. I'm sure they'd accept your Canadian Credit card. . . if you have one. 

I'm sure no one in the US or Canada are going to accept Pounds or Euros either. 

Oh and Trump is never serious. China wants to create influence in 3rd world nations that require infrastructure. How does Greenland play into that? It has 56,000 people. It's like saying Trump wants to buy Baffin Island. SQUIRREL!!!!

I'm going to use my Canadian Tire money over there. Been saving up for a while now.

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

GG Trump : Mission Accomplished.

The American economy is not currently in a recession.  I’d wait for it to actually start before stating mission accomplished.  Although you might be interested to know that Bernie Sanders favours the same kind of trade policy.

10 minutes ago, Shady said:

The American economy is not currently in a recession.  I’d wait for it to actually start before stating mission accomplished.  Although you might be interested to know that Bernie Sanders favours the same kind of trade policy.

Negative. Sanders is about getting out of failed dragged on costly wars (aka Afghanistan for what 20 years now??)  and with that be able to pay for universal healthcare.

10 hours ago, Boges said:

SQUIRREL!!!!

The US is heading into a Recession because of Tax Cuts and a Trade War caused by Trump.

Look over here, I want to buy Greenland. 

Lmao. There's always a new and better outlandish (aka more idiotic) accusation regarding Trump.

Russian collusion! Trump is getting dummied in the fight against islamic state! Anti-Semitism caused the synagogue shooting! Trump is too hard on his NATO partners who don't live up to their bargain! Trump can't give out tax cuts! Trump is sucking up to Kim by putting sanctions against NoKo! Border walls are racist! A girl said that Trump's SCJ pick attempted to rape her at an unspecified time at an unspecified location in the '80s and she even named witnesses who never even heard of "the most traumatic event of her life" in the last 30 years! Trump is guilty of witch hunt obstruction! Trump shouldn't stand up to China!

Any of that even remotely true? Ever wonder if you're losing credibility every time you post another idiotic CNN talking point?

It's nice to know that I don't have to tune directly in to CNN to hear the latest and greatest unsubstantiated allegation. I can just come to MLW and see the Coles Notes version.

Now it's "Trump is causing a recession by standing up to China!" 

By now it's obvious that Trump has a far better idea what's going on than the chuckleheads at CNN. If they're throwing a tantrum, times are good. When CNN is happy I'll start to worry.

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Lmao. There's always a new and better outlandish (aka more idiotic) accusation regarding Trump.

Russian collusion! Trump is getting dummied in the fight against islamic state! Anti-Semitism caused the synagogue shooting! Trump is too hard on his NATO partners who don't live up to their bargain! Trump can't give out tax cuts! Trump is sucking up to Kim by putting sanctions against NoKo! Border walls are racist! A girl said that Trump's SCJ pick attempted to rape her at an unspecified time at an unspecified location in the '80s and she even named witnesses who never even heard of "the most traumatic event of her life" in the last 30 years! Trump is guilty of witch hunt obstruction! Trump shouldn't stand up to China!

Any of that even remotely true? Ever wonder if you're losing credibility every time you post another idiotic CNN talking point?

It's nice to know that I don't have to tune directly in to CNN to hear the latest and greatest unsubstantiated allegation. I can just come to MLW and see the Coles Notes version.

Now it's "Trump is causing a recession by standing up to China!" 

By now it's obvious that Trump has a far better idea what's going on than the chuckleheads at CNN. If they're throwing a tantrum, times are good. When CNN is happy I'll start to worry.

A lot of those are true.

If Trump takes credit for an economy that had already been growing for 6 years under Obama, then he most certainly has to take credit for a recession under his watch. 

The most damning thing about the GOP and Trump is that they screamed about fiscal responsibility under Obama. Now that they're in control, they're ballooning the debt. 

As a Canadian Conservative, I'm dissatisfied with JT's unwillingness to even try and be fiscally responsible. Trump and the GOP take that to completely new heights. 

24 minutes ago, Boges said:

As a Canadian Conservative, I'm dissatisfied with JT's unwillingness to even try and be fiscally responsible. Trump and the GOP take that to completely new heights. 

Yes but you're a real Conservative not an irrational meme-whiffer.

Also, NYT points out that as Trump blames the Fed for his recession, last year's documents show that current interest rates are actually lower than they thought.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Perhaps, but the debt the US is accumulating will make it harder to fend off than the last recession when it comes to stimulus spending. 

Probably.  But the debt is accumulating because of spending.  Trump has spent at a record pace, and the Democrats have gone along with it.   Neither side seems to care.

Just now, Shady said:

Probably.  But the debt is accumulating because of spending.  Trump has spent at a record pace, and the Democrats have gone along with it.   Neither side seems to care.

That's a half truth. They wouldn't have gone along with the Tax Cut for mostly the rich.