America under President Trump

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

I never said Nazi, I said concentration camps. As pointed out. It's an apt comparison based on the definition. 

But since it's causing you to derail the thread, I'll stop. 

I understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately the most famous concentration camps in the history of concentration camps are Nazi concentration camps.  It's similar to the swastika.  It's a hindu symbol that long pre-dates Nazi Germany.  But it's probably not a good idea for one to use the symbol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boges said:

I'd like you to cite that China is replacing America's Fresh Produce market. 

The issues is a little more complex than that. These people are fleeing their countries because of Drug Cartels. Drug Cartels that have their market in North America. So the racist blaming of Central American countries as failed states is beyond simplistic. 

If you need me to cite China is the world's no.2 food producer go look it up yourself. Get down off that privileged serve me throne. I am no step n fetch it for you. Its a fact and if you claim you are not aware of it go find it out.

Next practice what you preach. The simplistic notion you spell out that the economic collapse in Latin America causing the mass migration of Latinos is simply caused by drug cartels is simplistic and your calling Trump or the Americans out as racists because they have to have an immigration policy is bullshit. Trump yes has engaged in hateful racist rhetoric. Yes he attracts voters on purpose with those views. That does not make all Americans or anyone who believes countries have the right to control illegal migration Nazis and the US Border Service are not Nazis. They in fact do not exterminate or torture anyone. How about you find out what their standards are, who they account to, and provide examples of the mass torture and executions you accuse them of....

2 minutes ago, Rue said:

That's the solution, Trump is a Nazi? Anyone who has a responsibility for the movement of people across nations then is a Nazi? You think people should just come and go as they feel? Explain please. Tell me why having immigration policies to manage the movement of legals and illegals between nations is automatically Nazism.

Yeah that's what Trump is doing. :lol:

He's purposely making the "Detention Centres" Hell holes so more people don't come. 

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

If you need me to cite China is the world's no.2 food producer go look it up yourself. Get down off that privileged serve me throne. I am no step n fetch it for you. Its a fact and if you claim you are not aware of it go find it out.

Who's buying their Strawberries or Spinach from China? All those Almonds and Avocados from China. :lol: I know I don't. I guess the Garlic market is controlled by China and there's concerns about Honey and other relatively shelf stable goods. 

Your inability to do a simple Google search indicates that you pulled that anecdote out of your ass. Unless proven otherwise. 

Trump's Tariffs have done more to hurt the US Agricultural industry than anything. 

Next practice what you preach. The simplistic notion you spell out that the economic collapse in Latin America causing the mass migration of Latinos is simply caused by drug cartels is simplistic and your calling Trump or the Americans out as racists because they have to have an immigration policy is bullshit. Trump yes has engaged in hateful racist rhetoric. Yes he attracts voters on purpose with those views. That does not make all Americans or anyone who believes countries have the right to control illegal migration Nazis and the US Border Service are not Nazis. They in fact do not exterminate or torture anyone. How about you find out what their standards are, who they account to, and provide examples of the mass torture and executions you accuse them of....

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/6/18253444/border-statistics-illegal-immigration-trump

Border Crossing are still lower than during the Bush administration. But the spike is being caused families and not "bad hombres" as Trump's rhetoric would indicate. He's creating this crisis. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 2

In regards to China's place in the world in terms of food production and export, it is the world's no. 1 producer simply because of the amount of mouths it feeds. I stated it is no.2 in food production to the world and might soon replace the US. If burning continues in California at the rate it has this will be a fact as California has traditionally been the no.1 food source for the world but has been severely damaged by fires.

That said I am willing to accept China is the no.4 world food exporter at this time behind Germany and the UK based on the info below but would caution-certain food made in China if relabelled in the US, Germany, UK, Canada, is then allowed to be defined as American, German, British, etc., which distorts the numbers and is not adequately reflected in calling it the no.4 producer. That however is not the issue I was addressing but I answered it for Boges.

https://agfundernews.com/china-will-produce-4-of-top-10-global-food-companies-by-2027-says-leading-food-investor.html

http://www.fao.org/china/fao-in-china/china-at-a-glance/en/

The issue is whether detention centres on the US Mexican borders should be equated to Nazi concentration camps used in WW2. I stated this was irresponsible and state it is as irresponsible as Trump calling all Latinos drug pushers or thieves. It is extremist rhetoric.Here is the trendy leftist  rhetoric that justifies calling detention centres concentration camps  and using the reference Boges did about Auschwitz being trademarked:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/these-detention-centers-arent-concentration-camps-because-technically-auschwitz-is-trademarked

I am well aware of it. First we argue there were concentration camps before WW2. Of course there were. Then we have those who liken the detention camps (internment camps) of Japanese, Italians and Germans in Canada in WW2 as being concentration camps. Then we have those who equate how Canada treated and treats our aboriginals as no different than Nazis and how Israel treats Palestinians as being no different than the Nazis and in all these cases equating what leftists see as injustice and camps as no different than what happened in the camps during the holocaust.

I argue this does actual disservice to the actual state of affairs in detention centres, lumps them all into one simplistic category and in so doing trivializes the differences and the specific differences in camps used to exterminate or forcefully work people to death.

No one but no one in detention centres is being gassed, forced to work until they die,  lined up and shot and thrown in lime pits, being starved to death, being experimented on and so to equate their treatment to the holocaust is bullshit.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

He's purposely making the "Detention Centres" Hell holes so more people don't come. 

Another rhetorical allegation. How does he do this? Explain how he does this. Explain the detention policies he ordered to  make the centres more hellish.

You are full of rhetoric but make no specific verified statements as to actual problems in the detention centres. You just assume they are all concentration camps because you read it somewhere and you agree with that opinion. Where are your actual facts proving mass extermination and gassings? 

For those of us with more measured dialogue who do not presume any detention centre is perfect there is information such as this:

https://www.globaldetentionproject.org/countries/americas/united-states

http://theconversation.com/how-immigration-detention-compares-around-the-world-76067

There are absolutely no shortage of articles saying US detention centres are cruel, inhumane, stressful, serve bad food. Yes. Does anyone know any prison or detention centre where its wonderful and there are no complaints? Tell me what standard is it that Boges and others want?

1-no detention at all, just let people come and cross the border

2-place illegals in Holiday Inns

3-place illegals in homes with guilt ridden liberals

4-all of the above.

Look its easy to say what is wrong, so now what? Where does the shrill guilt ridden rhetoric end and specific suggestions as to what is a better solution begin? Obama and Clinton had no alternatives. Why is it suddenly only Trump to blame? Sure he is ignorant. Sure he is insensitive. Sure he is a bigot but he did not create the centres nor has he created the economic conditions in South America or would everyone like to blame him for that.

Good God its convenient to just blame it on Trump. The fact the man is a sphincter muscle does not mean all the world's problems are caused by him. Of course detention centres are overcrowded. There are literally hundreds of thousands trying to get through daily like moths to flames thinking the US will provide them a specific standard of living. The world has shrunk and the distance between the world's first and 3rd and fourth world countries no longer exists. Now even the poorest can be financed by smugglers through organized crime syndicates to come to the first world to be exploited. Leftists would have us all believe we can take in the shift of human population with no limitation, rules or problems.

That is not the real world. In the real world a boat with 10 seats can not allow 50 passengers or it sinks. We have leftists screaming let them on let them on stop talking about capacity, then when the boat sinks they complain yet again. 

Edited by Rue

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

In regards to China's place in the world in terms of food production and export, it is the world's no. 1 producer simply because of the amount of mouths it feeds. I stated it is no.2 in food production to the world and might soon replace the US. If burning continues in California at the rate it has this will be a fact as California has traditionally been the no.1 food source for the world but has been severely damaged by fires.

That said I am willing to accept China is the no.4 world food exporter at this time behind Germany and the UK based on the info below but would caution-certain food made in China if relabelled in the US, Germany, UK, Canada, is then allowed to be defined as American, German, British, etc., which distorts the numbers and is not adequately reflected in calling it the no.4 producer. That however is not the issue I was addressing but I answered it for Boges.

https://agfundernews.com/china-will-produce-4-of-top-10-global-food-companies-by-2027-says-leading-food-investor.html

The issue is whether detention centres on the US Mexican borders should be equated to Nazi concentration camps used in WW2. I stated this was irresponsible and state it is as irresponsible as Trump calling all Latinos drug pushers or thieves. It is extremist rhetoric.

Here is the trendy leftist  rhetoric that justifies calling detention centres concentration camps  and using the reference Boges did about Auschwitz being trademarked:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/these-detention-centers-arent-concentration-camps-because-technically-auschwitz-is-trademarked

Oh I am well aware of it. First we argue there were concentration camps before WW2. Of course there were. Then we have those who liken the detention camps (internment camps) of Japanese, Italians and Germans in Canada in WW2 as being concentration camps. Then we have those who equate how Canada treated and treats our aboriginals as no different than Nazis and how Israel treats Palestinians as being no different than the Nazis and in all these cases equating what leftists see as injustice and camps as no different than what happened in the camps during the holocaust.

I argue this does actual disservice to the actual state of affairs in detention centres, lumps them all into one simplistic category and in so doing trivializes the differences and the specific differences in camps used to exterminate or forcefully work people to death.

No one but no one in detention centres is being gassed, forced to work until they die,  lined up and shot and thrown in lime pits, being starved to death, being experimented on and so to equate their treatment to the holocaust is bullshit. Its the privileged sheltered talk of arrogance....of people who have not lived through injustice but feel guilty about it and exploit it for their own need to feel sanctimonious and distance themselves from behaviour that triggers guilt in them,

No what is happening to Latinos is not what happened to Jews in concentration camps or Russians in gulag archepilagos, or Armenians, Ukrainians, Yazidi, Kurds, Southern Sudanese, Syrians, prisoners in Iranian and Iraqi prisons or in the prison Lavalin built for Ghaddafi to exterminate his own people.

To trivialize  injustice by lumping it with the word Nazi is bullshit. Its intellectually lazy and it is offensive not only to Jews but anyone who has survived a genocide and fled to the US and has grown up there as a lawfully abiding citizen.

Guilty liberal shrill references will not help. Yes detention centres are mass centres of detention. Of course they are. No one says they are first class hotels but compared to Nazi concentration camps or the detention centres in Pinochet's Chile, the prisons in Turkey, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, China, Russia, Indonesia, they sure as hell are not the same and the shrill rhetoric does not do anything but add to hysterics.

Mass movement of people have to be detained. Let's here Boges explain how we would contain people and what facts he uses other than unsubstantiated, vague, leftist opinions to define what is going on in these centres.

The reason I question China is because you claim that Illegals are coming up for Agricultural jobs that don't exist anymore. Your cites don't address that. Most of the fresh produce I buy still comes from places other than China. Tropical regions mostly and the US. 

The issue is not the term Concentration Camps. You're fixated on that, for whatever reason. I'll concede the point to move the discussion along. 

The point is, this is an immigration crisis that Trump has created and relishes. It distracts from the fact he wants to take away American's Healthcare, has ballooned the debt to pay for a Tax Cut for Rich people and is an embarrassment to the office by the way he conducts himself. 

And now he has the blood of 22 people on his hands because of his rhetoric. 

And if you think I'm leftist, you haven't paid attention to my posting record on both boards. 

19 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Republicans are going to have a much tougher job winning over Hispanics during and after Trump. 

Trump is doing quite well with Hispanics. Most Hispanics are even against illegal Hispanic immigration. But listening to the lying alt-left liberal media they make it sound like Trump has no chance with Hispanics. The only Hispanics that Trump will have with is the illegal ones and who cares about those criminal illegals. Trump and his ICE raids have started their campaign to get rid of these criminal illegals. Over 600 already have been picked up over the weekend and are about to be removed. More ICE raids to continue. Good job Trump.

I wonder how many criminal illegals are living in Canada today? Maybe tens or hundreds of thousands? And all are being cared for with the supply of food, clothing, and housing(hotels)while our own Canadian people who are unemployed have to buy their clothes and food and many live on the streets and all at the Canadian taxpayer's expense. Can you say billions?

If Trump is going to have a problem with Hispanics during the next election it will be because of the illegal criminal ones that are allowed to vote and the RINO's(domocrats)in the Republican party that despise Trump and will always fight against his politics and policies. A movie released out of Hollyweird just recently is a movie about liberals hunting MAGA Trump supporters. Now that is deplorable. Now the leftist liberals have really gone over board on their hate Trump campaign. It never ends with these pathetic sick liberals. They just keep attacking Liberalism is truly a sick pathetic ism and needs some big time mental help. Bloody sad people. :unsure:

44 minutes ago, Boges said:

Seems like you'd rather hop on the virtue-signalling bandwagon than listen to reason or think.

Boges - even with the current level of deterrence at the southern border there is still a massive influx of illegal migrants. It's unsustainable. 

In China they had to adopt a 1-child per family law because the government couldn't keep up with population growth. Was that racist Boges? I'll reiterate, was that racist Boges? Do you think the Chinese government hates Chinese babies?

If the US keeps taking in 700,000 illegals per year where do you get the water for all those people? California doesn't have an endless supply of fresh water. How can you keep up with growing infrastructure problems? You constantly have to upgrade sewer mains, water mains, the electrical grid, build new housing, which means even more infrastructure upgrades, etc. You need more hospitals, more schools, bigger roads, more police, more doctors, more nurses, more social services. And you need more food, but the new urban sprawl is in constant competition with farmers who need arable land. In China they are still closing down farms to build new cities. 

What do you do with hundreds of thousands of unskilled labourers, who don't even speak your official language, crossing the border every year? A lot of those people will take jobs "under the table", so they won't be contributing to the tax base and they'll be undercutting American workers who do. 

If you lower the deterrence level at the border that number grows. It doesn't shrink. And once again, it's currently unsustainable.

The US doesn't have a duty to just let everyone in who wants in. That's not a thing. Here's a thing - people in Latin American should only have a number of babies that they can afford to feed. They can build up their countries to the point where no one wants to leave. Have you ever been to Costa Rica? Ever wonder why there isn't a surge of Costa Rican immigrants to the US? It's because Costa Rica is nicer than the US. There shouldn't be a need for mass migration.

The Dems are urging on this crisis to score political brownie points. They are using toadies who lack critical thinking to spread their message. People are doing it on this site even.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boges said:

The reason I question China is because you claim that Illegals are coming up for Agricultural jobs that don't exist anymore. Your cites don't address that. Most of the fresh produce I buy still comes from places other than China. Tropical regions mostly and the US. 

The issue is not the term Concentration Camps. You're fixated on that, for whatever reason. I'll concede the point to move the discussion along. 

The point is, this is an immigration crisis that Trump has created and relishes. It distracts from the fact he wants to take away American's Healthcare, has ballooned the debt to pay for a Tax Cut for Rich people and is an embarrassment to the office by the way he conducts himself. 

And now he has the blood of 22 people on his hands because of his rhetoric. 

And if you think I'm leftist, you haven't paid attention to my posting record on both boards. 

The many new immigrants that are coming to Canada are coming from Pakistan and they are being brought here to help the Pakistan farmers pick their crops here in British Columbia. The agricultural fields are full of them in the summer time. 

Indeed, Rue does have a fixation on the word concentration camps. He cannot get the holocaust out of that head of his. It's over. Live with it and forget it. Stalin was just as bad to Jews as Hitler was supposed to have been. But yet for some reason he prefers to always attack Hitler instead. Maybe he can explain why?

Trump did not create this immigration crises. Their has been an immigration crises going on for decades now in America even under the noses of the democrats when they were in power. The difference between those two twits and Trump is that Trump wants to do something about the illegal problem. And I have no doubt that the worlds biggest troublemaker G. Soros had a lot to do with all of this present day illegal immigration going on at the American border today. Even when Clinton and Obama were Presidents it happened all the time. There are over 12 million criminal illegals or maybe even more criminal illegals living in America illegally today. 

The blood is not on Trump's hands. How is that so? Prove this to us all here? Some of those people murdered by one of those morons was a democratic supporter. The democrats are just as guilty also of those 22 innocent people being murdered. The democrats never did do all that much about gun control. Most of the murders that are going on in some American cities today are under democratic control and have been for years. They are the ones responsible for not doing anything about the shootings going on in their cities like Chicago, Baltimore or St Louis, and not Trump. They do not even want Trump to help. 

Personally, I believe that you do lean a bit more to the left. Just saying.  

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

1 - Make gun laws a federal law, like we do here in Canada.  This means a consistent approach to gun control instead of leaving it up to the states where the laws differ. 

2 - firearms safety course mandatory., no pass, no gun. more intense background check.

3 - heavily regulate gun shops, and stop flea market sales of firearms.

4 - jack up the price of firearms and ammunition ( most pharmaceutical medication is more expensive than a single gun)

I'll try to think up more if this is not satisfactory. I apologize for being Canadian. :D

1. We have gun laws in Canada but people are still killing other people with guns in Canada. What is needed is real tough gun control laws that says that if a gun is used in the commission of a crime then one automatically gets fifteen years(no parole)for the use of that gun also added to the penalty for the crime that they have committed using that gun. If they murder someone with a gun then it is life in prison and no parole. It probably won't stop anyone from really wanting to use a gun to kill someone but if they do well they will have to pay for using that gun in a crime with their loss of freedom for life. Maybe it is time to bring back capital punishment again, especially for someone who kills some innocent victim who was shot and killed in error. This goes for America also although in America some states do have capital punishment. It may not stop someone from wanting to kill someone but it will stop them from killing anymore people. 

2. Oh sure, great leftist way of thinking.  As if a criminal is going to go thru the trouble of taking a mandatory firearms safety course and then he can now say that he is now qualified to go out there and kill someone. This leftist liberal way of thinking is the reason why nothing ever really gets done with gun violence. Liberals live on emotion and foolish talk never think with common sense and logic. I will bet that many of those people killers that went and killed someone took a mandatory firearms safety course. Americans by the millions can take mandatory firearms safety courses all the want but it won't stop gun violence. 

3. Again, all the gun violence being created in America is being done by people who have access to the sales of illegal guns.  Have all the regulations of guns all you want but it will never stop the killing with guns. I can go along with having no sales of guns at flea markets. Can you imagine a better place for a nut case to go and buy a gun and then start shooting up the place? 

4. Jacking up the price on guns will only hurt the ordinary Joe and Mary by forcing them to have to pay more to buy a gun. The criminals can buy a gun a lot cheaper on the black market. Jacking up the price will not stop gun killings. Typical liberal thinking. 

5. Thinking up more will not help because gun violence will never end. It will always be with us unless you can create and have and live under a a communist system where no one is allowed to own a gun period. There is only one law that is needed as far as gun violence goes. Anyone using a gun in the commission of a crime gets life in prison. But even a child knows that this will not stop gun violence but it will put anyone who uses a gun in a crime maybe think twice about. Having numerous numbers of laws and rules and regulation for gun laws will never end gun violence. Only people can do that. 

43 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Seems like you'd rather hop on the virtue-signalling bandwagon than listen to reason or think.

Boges - even with the current level of deterrence at the southern border there is still a massive influx of illegal migrants. It's unsustainable. 

In China they had to adopt a 1-child per family law because the government couldn't keep up with population growth. Was that racist Boges? I'll reiterate, was that racist Boges? Do you think the Chinese government hates Chinese babies?

If the US keeps taking in 700,000 illegals per year where do you get the water for all those people? California doesn't have an endless supply of fresh water. How can you keep up with growing infrastructure problems? You constantly have to upgrade sewer mains, water mains, the electrical grid, build new housing, which means even more infrastructure upgrades, etc. You need more hospitals, more schools, bigger roads, more police, more doctors, more nurses, more social services. And you need more food, but the new urban sprawl is in constant competition with farmers who need arable land. In China they are still closing down farms to build new cities. 

What do you do with hundreds of thousands of unskilled labourers, who don't even speak your official language, crossing the border every year? A lot of those people will take jobs "under the table", so they won't be contributing to the tax base and they'll be undercutting American workers who do. 

If you lower the deterrence level at the border that number grows. It doesn't shrink. And once again, it's currently unsustainable.

The US doesn't have a duty to just let everyone in who wants in. That's not a thing. Here's a thing - people in Latin American should only have a number of babies that they can afford to feed. They can build up their countries to the point where no one wants to leave. Have you ever been to Costa Rica? Ever wonder why there isn't a surge of Costa Rican immigrants to the US? It's because Costa Rica is nicer than the US. There shouldn't be a need for mass migration.

The Dems are urging on this crisis to score political brownie points. They are using toadies who lack critical thinking to spread their message. People are doing it on this site even.

As long as people still keep listening to leftist liberal foolish talking emotional nonsense that immigration is great and that more is better is the reason why both Canada and the USA has an illegal immigration problem. It's like the governments encourage illegal immigration and not try to deter it. We need tough laws on illegal immigration by telling the people in the rest of the world that if you make it to America or Canada you will be taken to the airport immediately and shipped back from where you came from. The asylum or shout refugee game is is bunch of crock and is costing the people of both countries hundreds of billions of their tax dollars every year. Eliminate those two things and illegal immigration will stop tout suite.

Imagine that there are people who enter Canada illegally from far away lands and they were able to find the airfare to fly to America and then find transportation to Canada. It no doubt cost them thousands of dollars to do so. Thousands of dollars in some of those countries is a hell of a lot of money. It's time for some real tough love. Try to enter Canada or America illegally and it's goodbye now. Trump has the answer. Deport all illegals. Democrats do not. The democrats just want more illegal immigration to continue on, and not less. The leftist democrats and the leftist Canadian liberals are the ones responsible and who have created the immigration problem, and not Trump. Liberalism is a sad and bad disease. My opinion. 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

1. We have gun laws in Canada but people are still killing other people with guns in Canada. What is needed is real tough gun control laws that says that if a gun is used in the commission of a crime then one automatically gets fifteen years(no parole)for the use of that gun also added to the penalty for the crime that they have committed using that gun. If they murder someone with a gun then it is life in prison and no parole. It probably won't stop anyone from really wanting to use a gun to kill someone but if they do well they will have to pay for using that gun in a crime with their loss of freedom for life. Maybe it is time to bring back capital punishment again, especially for someone who kills some innocent victim who was shot and killed in error. This goes for America also although in America some states do have capital punishment. It may not stop someone from wanting to kill someone but it will stop them from killing anymore people. 

So you do advocate for tougher gun laws. At least we agree on that.  And what we need is to prevent those kinds of deaths in the first place. But I have no problem with a long minimum sentence. I am on the fence about capital punishment.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

2. Oh sure, great leftist way of thinking.  As if a criminal is going to go thru the trouble of taking a mandatory firearms safety course and then he can now say that he is now qualified to go out there and kill someone. This leftist liberal way of thinking is the reason why nothing ever really gets done with gun violence. Liberals live on emotion and foolish talk never think with common sense and logic. I will bet that many of those people killers that went and killed someone took a mandatory firearms safety course. Americans by the millions can take mandatory firearms safety courses all the want but it won't stop gun violence. 

Right, but this last shooter obtained his guns legally I think. A few simple hoops to jump through could have prevented him getting one legally.  Yes you can ALWAYS get things illegally.  But if you are incompetent in safely handling a firearm , there is no way I would sign you off on owning a gun. Lots of unnecessary gun deaths attributed to unsafe storage and unsafe handling. Dumb really.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

3. Again, all the gun violence being created in America is being done by people who have access to the sales of illegal guns.  Have all the regulations of guns all you want but it will never stop the killing with guns. I can go along with having no sales of guns at flea markets. Can you imagine a better place for a nut case to go and buy a gun and then start shooting up the place? 

Most of the mass shootings in the USA in the past 20 years have been legal gun owners I believe. I know this point can easily be overlooked.  So now we have two things we agree on. Tougher laws, and gun flea markets should be banned.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

4. Jacking up the price on guns will only hurt the ordinary Joe and Mary by forcing them to have to pay more to buy a gun. The criminals can buy a gun a lot cheaper on the black market. Jacking up the price will not stop gun killings. Typical liberal thinking. 

Increase the price on it and most people will simply be not interested in owning one period.  Again, does not do anything for the black market. Part of which we've seen the US government directly contributing to it. (Fast and Furious).

Since I don't see a good reason to own a gun in the first place. But I would treat it like expensive custom tools.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

5. Thinking up more will not help because gun violence will never end. ..... Only people can do that. 

And how can people prevent gun violence? Since my proposals sucked, let's hear yours.

ISIS was on the mat but has gotten up again and is beginning to rebuild in Iraq and Syria thanks to Donald Trump, says a pentagon report.

A report from the Pentagon inspector general found that President Donald Trump's decision to rapidly pull troops out of Syria and divert attention from diplomacy in Iraq has inadvertently aided the Islamic State's regrouping in Syria and Iraq.

The Department of Defense's quarterly report to Congress on the effectiveness of the US Operation Inherent Resolve mission said that "ISIS continued its transition from a territory-holding force to an insurgency in Syria, and it intensified its insurgency in Iraq" — even though Trump said ISIS was defeated and the caliphate quashed, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Many officials and experts have repeatedly warned that a rapid US withdrawal from Syria would enable ISIS to regroup into an insurgency after their battlefield defeats by the US-led coalition.

The IG's report also explicitly said the troop drawdown in Syria, which Trump announced at the end of last year, contributed to instability in the region. The drawdown, which prompted the resignation of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, left the US's Syrian partners in the lurch, without the training or support they needed to confront a resurgent ISIS. In Iraq, the Iraqi security forces (ISF) lack the necessary infrastructure to fight off ISIS for sustained periods.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pentagon-blames-trump-for-return-of-isis-syria-and-iraq-2019-8?utm_source=reddit.com

5 hours ago, Shady said:

I understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately the most famous concentration camps in the history of concentration camps are Nazi concentration camps.  It's similar to the swastika.  It's a hindu symbol that long pre-dates Nazi Germany.  But it's probably not a good idea for one to use the symbol.

That is why AOC used the word "concentration camps"? She could use civilian refugee camp, transit camp closed detention camp .....

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

So you do advocate for tougher gun laws. At least we agree on that. 

Background Checks
 Background Checks

Parkland Shooting - February 2018 - "We're going to be very strong on background checks"

Even Trump agrees - according to those links.  Of course the laziest president in history hasn't done thing one to move forward with background checks.  Check that - maybe it's not laziness but dishonesty that has prevented him from doing anything.  After all, the man of the people isn't driving decisions from the electorate but from the $30M bribe that gun owners are giving his party via the NRA.

What a shitty country.

Edit to anticipate post from BushCheney: yes, sorry you are the biggest country and you are bigger than Canada and you have the biggest hamburgers... thanks.

6 hours ago, Boges said:

Have to disagree with that one, he's not 'purposely' doing it.   The detention centres were built under the Obama admin but the numbers have increased so much they are now terribly overcrowded. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/18/opinion/mr-obamas-dubious-detention-centers.html

10 hours ago, Shady said:

In their modern form, concentration camps go back to the 19'th century and were used, for example, in Cuba, the US and South Africa. You'd expect Americans to know their own history at least and prepare for an earful if you ask any Afrikaner about them. The most infamous concentrations camps, like Auschwitz, were an unusual subtype that developed out of the Nazi concentration camp system in 1941. They are more accurately termed extermination camps or death camps and differ significantly from the others.

14 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

In their modern form, concentration camps go back to the 19'th century and were used, for example, in Cuba, the US and South Africa. You'd expect Americans to know their own history at least and prepare for an earful if you ask any Afrikaner about them. The most infamous concentrations camps, like Auschwitz, were an unusual subtype that developed out of the Nazi concentration camp system in 1941. They are more accurately termed extermination camps or death camps and differ significantly from the others.

Both the U.S. and Canada interned thousands of citizens and residents of Japanese decent during WW2 as a matter of national security, upheld by the courts at the time.   In the U.S., other nationals were interned in POW and enemy alien camps (Germans and Italians).

18 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

As has been asked today, when ICE is rounding up migrants who work in meat factories, are the owners being arrested? You'd think their culpability would be considerably greater. Such action against employers would have an immediate effect on illegal immigration but has been conspicuous by its rarity.

One would hope so, but it is far more difficult to prosecute and convict the employers compared to administrative detention and deportation of illegals, who have no legal status in the U.S., some going back decades.   In the short term, companies that employ illegals will suffer when their plants are raided and cheap labor goes away in ICE vans and buses.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Both the U.S. and Canada interned thousands of citizens and residents of Japanese decent during WW2 as a matter of national security, upheld by the courts at the time.   In the U.S., other nationals were interned in POW and enemy alien camps (Germans and Italians).

Yes. Apparently FDR even used the term 'concentration camp' himself for a similar project in Hawaii. I'm just saying that such practices pre-date the Nazis. 

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Yes. Apparently FDR even used the term 'concentration camp' himself for a similar project in Hawaii. I'm just saying that such practices pre-date the Nazis. 

Agreed....Nazis get blamed for everything these days, when that is not always the case/history.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Even Trump agrees - according to those links.  Of course the laziest president in history hasn't done thing one to move forward with background checks.  Check that - maybe it's not laziness but dishonesty that has prevented him from doing anything. 

Patently false....Trump's ATF banned bump-fire stocks while Obama's ATF approved them....twice.

Try again....but I do appreciate your begging for BC2004 attention.

What a shitty country.

Edit to anticipate post from BushCheney: yes, sorry you are the biggest country and you are bigger than Canada and you have the biggest hamburgers... thanks.

Also the most number of immigrants from around the world...they must love the "shitty" in the U.S. more than the "shitty" in Canada, even with Trump:

file-20190307-82672-1xb57h9.jpg?ixlib=rb

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Thanks 1