America under President Trump

22 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Meanwhile, in Canada, the security services actually spend most of their time spying on Environmentalists on behalf of the oil companies, the oil companies being pro gun, because they are pro racist apartheid state.

And it's a waste of time and resources, Canadians are not ok with this either.  Stupid is stupid no matter what nation it is in.  Partisan ideology runs deep in the USA between the two factions. Never will opposing parties praise each other when things go right.

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah and before he actually governed, accusations of racism held more water with the rubes than they do after being in office and not living up to that billing, therefore he'll do even better the second go around. The Hispanics were told Trump was Literally Hitler back in 2016, three years later and that figure hasn't shown up or shown any signs of showing up, if you think that hurts Trump with Hispanics, you're dreaming.

Yeah, being hypocrites and all, Conservatives must love that the US debt is now 23 trillion. :lol:

The Concentration camps at the border actually make Trump a lot more like Hitler than in 2016. 

We'll see what a White Nationalist, inspired by Trump, targeting Hispanics in El Paso will do to his support amongst them going forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

And it's a waste of time and resources, Canadians are not ok with this either.  Stupid is stupid no matter what nation it is in.  Partisan ideology runs deep in the USA between the two factions. Never will opposing parties praise each other when things go right.

Partisan ideology runs deep in Canada, in  Canada though, the security services don't report to Canadians, Canada is a monarchy, the security services have a mandate from the Crown to maintain peace and order as they see fit.  CSIS and the RCMP don't report to you anymore than the Canadian Forces do, we all report to the Queen.

No doubt the security services would say that the oil industry is a vital source of revenue and strategic asset at the level of national security, and they might also invoke foreign interference, at which point they have broad latitude to deal that as they see fit.

These agencies don't report to parliament, there are laws on the books already, the CSIS Act, the RCMP Act, which give these agencies their authorities, in the name of the Queen.

They all have included in their mandates the imperative to maintain Peace & Order, but they are empowered to determine what those parameters are.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Yeah, being hypocrites and all, Conservatives must love that the US debt is now 23 trillion. :lol:

The Concentration camps at the border actually make Trump a lot more like Hitler than in 2016. 

We'll see what a White Nationalist, inspired by Trump, targeting Hispanics in El Paso will do to his support amongst them going forward. 

You need to understand the US debt is in US dollar, not in gold, sliver or oil. Will you be in touble if your debt can repay with your own thoughts?

On the other hand, you better learn the US dollar system :lol:

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

That is truth. However, I never see dems go this hardcore before. I beleive it is because trump was one of them before :lol:

Edited by egghead

5 minutes ago, egghead said:

You need to understand the US debt is in US dollar, not in gold, sliver or oil. Will you be in touble if your debt can repay with your own thoughts?

On the other hand, you better learn the US dollar system :lol:

Yes I'm aware it's in dollars. Your point? 

And in proper English this time Comrade. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

It is absolutely bullshit to compare detention camps at the border to Nazi concentration camps. You do this because you show absolute ignorance as to what concentration camps are and in so doing trivialize the holocaust. No one is being gassed. No one is being tortured. You want to use trendy leftiost shrill rhetoric really? You think it makes you any less extreme than Trump?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rue said:

It is absolutely bullshit to compare detention camps at the border to Nazi concentration camps. You do this because you show absolute ignorance as to what concentration camps are and in so doing trivialize the holocaust. No one is being gassed. No one is being tortured. You want to use trendy leftiost shrill rhetoric really? You think it makes you any less extreme than Trump?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concentration camp

A place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard.

Sounds about right to me. Just because they're closely associated with Nazi Death Camps doesn't mean it's not an accurate definition.

26 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then it is a good thing that President Obama built them.

The fact he refers to them as concentration camps and engages in the use of holocaust reference speaks for itself. He's part of a generation born into a privileged lifestyle and has no idea at what price those privileges came from and what products he buys as we speak built by the very cheap labour that was exploited and he thinks he feels guilty for. I have no time of day for sheltered elitist leftist rhetoric on this issue. You are more patient. You know I find Trump to be an ignoramus. I believe he has lowered the standard of Potus as low as it gets with his gutter vocabulary and rhetoric and I find him to be a deplorable idiot.

That said, issues like sovereignty and controlling the movement of migrants should not be  made a partisan issue. Obama in fact built the wall not Trump and Obama placed as many people in detention centres as Trump. Its beyond the scope or power of any President. Illegal movement into the US is what it is an issue that needs to be controlled. Of course if you live a sheltered life and homeless migrants don't move next door to you and are not your problem and far away, its easy to call others Nazis. What are Boges solutions. You think he has any? Hah.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concentration camp

Sounds about right to me. Just because they're closely associated with Nazi Death Camps doesn't mean it's not an accurate definition.

Your response is illogical. What gassing and mass extermination is going on in the detention centres. Who is being mass exterminated? You want tp keep going? Your shrill extremism was stupid when it was said by democrats like AOC and now you. Stupid. Irresponsible. If you have a legitimate issue about how to control the flow of illegal migration state it. Explain what you would do. Calling people Nazis is lazy bullshit.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

The fact he refers to them as concentration camps and engages in the use of holocaust reference speaks for itself. He's part of a generation born into a privileged lifestyle and has no idea at what price those privileges came from and what products he buys as we speak built by the very cheap labour that was exploited and he thinks he feels guilty for. I have no time of day for sheltered elitist leftist rhetoric on this issue. You are more patient. You know I find Trump to be an ignoramus. I believe he has lowered the standard of Potus as low as it gets with his gutter vocabulary and rhetoric and I find him to be a deplorable idiot.

That said, issues like sovereignty and controlling the movement of migrants should not be  made a partisan issue. Obama in fact built the wall not Trump and Obama placed as many people in detention centres as Trump. Its beyond the scope or power of any President. Illegal movement into the US is what it is an issue that needs to be controlled. Of course if you live a sheltered life and homeless migrants don't move next door to you and are not your problem and far away, its easy to call others Nazis. What are Boges solutions. You think he has any? Hah.

Don't blame me because you're triggered by the term. 

People are being confined in horrific conditions as a deterrent to others crossing the border to seek asylum. 

My solutions are to not stoke fear that a wall will soon be built so that refugees can't cross the border. That's what's causing this influx. And Trump wants this crisis, it helps him create this whole invasion rhetoric that inspires crazy people to shoot hispanics. 

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

Your response is illogical. What gassing and mass extermination is going on in the detention centres. Who is being mass exterminated? You want tp keep going? Your shrill extremism was stupid when it was said by democrats like AOC and now you. Stupid. Irresponsible. If you have a legitimate issue about how to control the flow of illegal migration state it. Explain what you would do. Calling people Nazis is lazy bullshit.

So this is like the whole Anti-Semite thing where Semite actually isn't an exclusively Jewish term. Or Gay doesn't mean Happy it means Homosexual. Jews have co-opted the term Concentration Camp to mean Auschwitz. When actually the "concentration" happened in different camps as the death part. 

Semantics I know, but a complete regression from the treatment of migrants by Trump. 

So if it makes you feel any better I'll call them detention centres. 

Edited by Boges

Trump did not create the migration issue. It started long before he was born. The fact us Latinons from South, Central Anmerica and Mexico for many years were used as cheap illegal labour to puck tobacco, lettuce, vegetables, fruit. cotton, work making clothes or in factories for less than mnimum wage seasonally. The US economy grew rich on it. Then the world markets shifted and clothing and textiles moved to even cheaper labour in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Bangladesh, China. 

A lot of California agricultural production is burned away and China is slowly replacing the US and California as the no.1 vegetable and fruit exporter.

So the US now has no jobs for Latinos. That is all this is. Certainly Americans caught up in Trump's rhetoric have not a clue that the jobs these Latinos held were jobs no Americans wanted and now are not needed. So now they serve as a convenient scapegoat to piss on to get TRump relected because his message is based on hate and division and Americans love it, they embrace it. They love the rhetoric of us against them, and spectres being raised as to dirty job stealing terrorist immigrants.

All that said, the issue of what to do with poor, unemployed labourers with no skills, trying to get to the US because of failed social nets in their own Latin nations is not addressed by calling Trump a Nazi. It may make some armchair Liberals feel less guilty about themselves and their privileged lives but it won't change a damn thing. Movements of unemployed migrants are happening world wide spurred by weather changes, a transfer from manual to technological labour requiring more specialized education and lack of water. Those issues are exasperated by civil wars and governments but will Boges talk about the nations where these migrants come from and where their nations have failed? Hell no. That would require some effort. Trotting out Trump is a Nazi is far easier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

So this is like the whole Anti-Semite thing where Semite actually isn't an exclusively Jewish term. Or Gay doesn't mean Happy it means Homosexual. Jews have co-opted the term Concentration Camp to mean Auschwitz. When actually the "concentration" happened in different camps as the death part. 

Semantics I know, but a complete regression from the treatment of migrants by Trump. 

Using the term concentration camp is dangerous rhetoric and irresponsible.  It could also lead to violence.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Don't blame me because you're triggered by the term. 

People are being confined in horrific conditions as a deterrent to others crossing the border to seek asylum. 

My solutions are to not stoke fear that a wall will soon be built so that refugees can't cross the border. That's what's causing this influx. And Trump wants this crisis, it helps him create this whole invasion rhetoric that inspires crazy people to shoot hispanics. 

I hold you responsible for irresponsible rhetoric. You trivialize not just the holocaust but all genocides comparing what is going on at the US border with Mexico to Nazi genocide which is what you have done.  No one is being mass exterminated because of their ethnicity and you are well aware of that. You are just too intellectually lazy to discuss the issue in detail. Its far easier to use shrill terms. The laziest tactic there is...in a discussion is to call someone a Nazi. Its designed to prevent discussion.

Nazis my ass. Go on what would you propose is the solution. Can you discuss the issue other than to call out Nazi? Please. No one is stopping you. Suggest the measures you would use instead. Would you like the US to simply allow anyone who wants to come in to come in? If that is your position have the balls to say so.

2 minutes ago, Rue said:

Trump did not create the migration issue. It started long before he was born. The fact us Latinons from South, Central Anmerica and Mexico for many years were used as cheap illegal labour to puck tobacco, lettuce, vegetables, fruit. cotton, work making clothes or in factories for less than mnimum wage seasonally. The US economy grew rich on it. Then the world markets shifted and clothing and textiles moved to even cheaper labour in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Bangladesh, China. 

A lot of California agricultural production is burned away and China is slowly replacing the US and California as the no.1 vegetable and fruit exporter.

So the US now has no jobs for Latinos. That is all this is. Certainly Americans caught up in Trump's rhetoric have not a clue that the jobs these Latinos held were jobs no Americans wanted and now are not needed. So now they serve as a convenient scapegoat to piss on to get TRump relected because his message is based on hate and division and Americans love it, they embrace it. They love the rhetoric of us against them, and spectres being raised as to dirty job stealing terrorist immigrants.

All that said, the issue of what to do with poor, unemployed labourers with no skills, trying to get to the US because of failed social nets in their own Latin nations is not addressed by calling Trump a Nazi. It may make some armchair Liberals feel less guilty about themselves and their privileged lives but it won't change a damn thing. Movements of unemployed migrants are happening world wide spurred by weather changes, a transfer from manual to technological labour requiring more specialized education and lack of water. Those issues are exasperated by civil wars and governments but will Boges talk about the nations where these migrants come from and where their nations have failed? Hell no. That would require some effort. Trotting out Trump is a Nazi is far easier.

I'd like you to cite that China is replacing America's Fresh Produce market. 

The issues is a little more complex than that. These people are fleeing their countries because of Drug Cartels. Drug Cartels that have their market in North America. So the racist blaming of Central American countries as failed states is beyond simplistic. 

2 minutes ago, Rue said:

I hold you responsible for irresponsible rhetoric. You trivialize not just the holocaust but all genocides comparing what is going on at the US border with Mexico to Nazi genocide which is what you have done.  No one is being mass exterminated because of their ethnicity and you are well aware of that. You are just too intellectually lazy to discuss the issue in detail. Its far easier to use shrill terms. The laziest tactic there is...in a discussion is to call someone a Nazi. Its designed to prevent discussion.

Nazis my ass. Go on what would you propose is the solution. Can you discuss the issue other than to call out Nazi? Please. No one is stopping you. Suggest the measures you would use instead. Would you like the US to simply allow anyone who wants to come in to come in? If that is your position have the balls to say so.

I never said Nazi, I said concentration camps. As pointed out. It's an apt comparison based on the definition. 

But since it's causing you to derail the thread, I'll stop. 

Edited by Boges

7 minutes ago, Boges said:

Nonsense. No Jew let alone this one coopted the word Concentration  Camp to mean Auschwitz.. It is used for any prison camp where people are or were exterminated or worked to death en masse because of their ethnicity or political beliefs. No one coopted the word. You on the other hand called the Americans and Trump Nazis. You raised the holocaust treatment issue by equating them with Nazis. That is irresponsible.

No one is being exterminated because of their perceived identity flowing from race, religion, ethnicity, political beliefs.

If you want to use gay to mean happy you think any gay person gives a flying phack? Equate what is going on at the Mexican border to treatment of gays, you probably will however have people asking  you to clarify your analogy. You are being intellectually lazy because you see something you don't like but have no alternative for it. Its called economic migrants and in fact they trigger you not me to use the word Nazi. Economic migrants are a fact of global economics. More and more people who live as they do in a large economic structure than enables you to live the way you do, make you feel guilty so you think if you blurt out the word Nazi suddenly its ok? That's the solution, Trump is a Nazi? Anyone who has a responsibility for the movement of people across nations then is a Nazi? You think people should just come and go as they feel? Explain please. Tell me why having immigration policies to manage the movement of legals and illegals between nations is automatically Nazism.