Liberal rumours.

Army Guy

There has been rumors' coming out of both the liberal and conservative camps that something big is going happen to the liberal party. A major move amongst the MP's some promotions and some demotions. trying to shake things up, as they apparently are not working well right now...

Also talks about a spring election, not sure about this one last thing Canadians want right now is an election, I should say last thing liberal voters want, becasue everyone else is game if it means getting Justin and his lying gang out of office. Maybe the coalition is got some cracks in it, maybe the NDP have got all they are going to get and are now moving on...Hence why they are jumping on health care right now. 

Any predictions. 

Today's report by the Ethics Commissioner that Liberal minister Mary Ng (or her department) is guilty of conflict of interest should come as a reminder about the ongoing ethics failures of the Liberal government.  She or her department apparently gave contracts to a public relations firm in Toronto called Pomp and Circumstance and her friend in the firm is Amada Alvaro, the founder and president.  Alvaro has been a pundit on CBC's Power and Politics for a long time.

Edited by blackbird

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Also talks about a spring election, not sure about this one last thing Canadians want right now is an election, I should say last thing liberal voters want, 

Speak for yourself, I want every crack at whatever opportunity to use what power I have that's put before me.

Any predictions.

More a hope, that the Greens gain seats. I like Elizabeth May and under her the Greens seem more representative of Earth which is something important that I think we really need more of in Parliament.

Edited by eyeball

How to make it look like a change without changing anything? The great Canadian conundrum. Oh and if only Elizabeth May and her Greens will get a seat or two, three five even 25! the new Canadian era will begin immediately. Like who cannot see it, so clearly.

Edited by myata

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

Speak for yourself, I want every crack at whatever opportunity to use what power I have that's put before me.

More a hope, that the Greens gain seats. I like Elizabeth May and under her the Greens seem more representative of Earth which is something important that I think we really need more of in Parliament.

While the Earth is important, this Country is far more important.

While the climate crisis is an issue, Canadas contribution to climate crisis is a pimple on a horses butt.

We need a leader for Canada, not for Earth (as Trudeau is trying to be) and the Greenies are too single minded.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

The NDP control when an early election comes. Their decision will be based on their election war chest and the polls. Up until now, the NDP's financial circumstances have been the reason for supporting the grits. Now, even if they have had a massive amount of donations, having supported the government should have had a negative impact on their poll position. Historically, the party that supports a minority federal government gets punished in the next election. If that is the case, we would be looking at a Liberal majority in the next election. That prediction is reinforced by the disappearence of Mr. Poilievre. (He is still the socred leader, isn't he.? It's been so long since we heard from him, I almost forgot his name.)

Edited by Queenmandy85
I hate auto-correct

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

he NDP control when an early election comes. Their decision will be based on their election war chest and the polls. Up until now, the NDP's financial circumstances

Hear, hear! This is called a democracy... somewhere.

... and they'll never even try to guess what's wrong with saying it, plainly and openly. Like politics (here) has any other purpose. Like democracy belongs to anybody other. Just hear.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

1.While the Earth is important, this Country is far more important.

While the climate crisis is an issue, Canadas contribution to climate crisis is a pimple on a horses butt.

We need a leader for Canada, not for Earth (as Trudeau is trying to be) and the Greenies are too single minded.

I couldn't disagree more.

1. For starters you can have an Earth without Canada but not the other way around.

2. Canada's contribution to climate change is huge.  A modern country as wealthy as Canada should not be setting the example for how to dither, equivocate and make excuses for inaction.

3. The Earth needs a leader like never before.  Trudeau is not it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

Hear, hear! This is called a democracy... somewhere.

... and they'll never even try to guess what's wrong with saying it, plainly and openly. Like politics (here) has any other purpose. Like democracy belongs to anybody other. Just hear.

Could we have an English translation, please? I see a jumble of words but it is beyond my limited reading comprehension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, eyeball said:

2. Canada's contribution to climate change is huge.  A modern country as wealthy as Canada should not be setting the example for how to dither, equivocate and make excuses for inaction.

This is fair criticism, but then it's also dumb to fall on your sword for symbolic gestures while accomplishing little/nothing.  We've seen the results of green politics gone awry in Ontario and too much of today's climate action is worthless posturing and marketing.  From the carbon offset scams to overpriced and non-viable energy infrastructure being rushed to market, we can actually do more harm than good implementing bad schemes than nothing at all. 

You're not from Ontario, but the Liberal Green energy initiative here was an unmitigated disaster, and did nothing but move money around in the form of subsidies (lining certain people's pockets), whilst making energy far more expensive than ever.  You'd probably not be surprised to know Gerald Butts was one of the architects of his catastrophe, but aside from phasing out coal (a good thing), he and his pals made the word "green energy" a bogeyman in Ontario for years to come.  

43 minutes ago, eyeball said:

3. The Earth needs a leader like never before.  Trudeau is not it.

On that you'd probably have 95% of the forum agree with you.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I'm no longer a fan of the "strong leader" type. I prefer an intelligent group leading. The best governments are those where the advice of knowledgable people is heeded and implemented, and ego takes a back seat. 

Gerald Michael Butts is the defacto (puppet master/prime minister) PM.  Justin Trudeau is the perfect puppet . . . . vain and stupid.  Butts works him to advantage and is never answerable.

19 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I'm no longer a fan of the "strong leader" type. I prefer an intelligent group leading. The best governments are those where the advice of knowledgable people is heeded and implemented, and ego takes a back seat. 

Lol.. the experts made many lose a bunch of money by shutting down their business for a virus they knew they'd never be able to control.. 

These folks aren't intelligent.. they are imbeciles

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

it is beyond my limited reading comprehension.

Or worldview in which politics is the exclusive property of a selected bunch and they're are so detached, entitled and disconnected from the reality far below them that long forgot what originally it had an entirely different purpose?

No The Exalted Ones! The point was not who and how gets to the chair (and the trough) by what trick, hook or crook. The reason was to serve, that is, to understand and solve the problems of the society, to run common wealth of the citizens smartly, effectively and efficiently. Such a silly confusion.

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

More a hope, that the Greens gain seats. I like Elizabeth May 

Seriously? Why? This is a woman with almost as many character flaws as Trudeau, whose nearly cold-dead fingers were finally pried off the leadership only to have her sabotage the party and its new leader when it wasn't the one she wanted.

This is not a serious party and it shouldn't be allowed to distract people by taking part in debates. I'd say the same for the BQ outside of Quebec, too. All they do is make the debates even more boring and uninteresting than they'd otherwise be.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, West said:

Lol.. the experts made many lose a bunch of money by shutting down their business for a virus they knew they'd never be able to control.. 

These folks aren't intelligent.. they are imbeciles

And yet, because of their response, 60000 Canadians are alive today that would not have been if the politicians of all parties and levels of government had not joined in common cause to mitigate the effects of Covid 19. Premier Ford and Minister Freeland -BFF's. And we have an effective NAFTA for the same reason. The politicians from all parties and experts worked to save the NAFTA treaty. It was a group effort.

• Thanks 1